Why is it that inhumans = good and mutants = bad?

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Takeshi55

I don't get why so many people in the comics view less mutants as a bad thing, yet seem neutral or indifferent to inhumans?

Seriously, it makes no sense. There have been plenty of evil inhumans in the world, as have there been evil mutants. So why does everyone in 616 hate mutants so much? Why don't they also attack the inhumans?

Shouldn't it be a red flag to everyone that less mutants means more inhumans, means more oppressive royalty terrorizing all normies?

If I were a normal person in 616, I'd probably either hate inhumans more or hate inhumans and mutants the same amount. After all, they both have powers, many view themselves as superior creatures AND inhumans are essentially what ancient humans once called monsters!

Is it because more inhumans join the Avengers or something? Don't the X-Men count as heroes anymore?

Either way, this plot seems to be very badly written, just to get rid of some "extra" characters. Next thing we know, the Fantastic Four will die from the mists too, somehow!

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The world at large were not aware of Inhumans and for the most part they would be indistinguishable from mutants without actually proclaiming they are Inhumans. Not to mention most Inhuman adventures hardly ever spilled into the human world especially when they left Earth to live on the moon.

So humans don't hate Inhumans more than mutants because they don't really know about Inhumans and would see anybody with super powers as a potential mutant before they try to figure out they may be something entirely different.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The world at large were not aware of Inhumans and for the most part they would be indistinguishable from mutants without actually proclaiming they are Inhumans. Not to mention most Inhuman adventures hardly ever spilled into the human world especially when they left Earth to live on the moon.

So humans don't hate Inhumans more than mutants because they don't really know about Inhumans and would see anybody with super powers as a potential mutant before they try to figure out they may be something entirely different.

Let me add to this. Now that human's are becoming aware they have been instances of them acting the way towards InHuman as they do to mutants. Also you don't have some charismatic leader like Magneto making big splashing speeches how they're the next step in evolution here to replace them because their superior.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dernman: "Also you don't have some charismatic leader like Magneto making big splashing speeches how they're the next step in evolution here to replace them because their superior."

Nah, just an ominous king who detonated a deadly chemical bomb that's killing tens of thousands.

Toh-may-toe, toh-mah-toe, right?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By dernman

@sprior93 said:

@dernman: "Also you don't have some charismatic leader like Magneto making big splashing speeches how they're the next step in evolution here to replace them because their superior."

Nah, just an ominous king who detonated a deadly chemical bomb that's killing tens of thousands.

Toh-may-toe, toh-mah-toe, right?

You mean the same king that has been unseated from his throne and presumed dead by the general populous? Or the one where they most likely don't even know it was him who did it because they still think it was Thanos's fault when he destroyed the city just like how Black Bolt and Franklin Richards planned it.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My main problem, is that everyone sees killing of mutants as a good thing, yet what happens when all/most mutants die and we're left with inhumans? Wouldn't inhumans become the new punching bags, or would the humans who once hated mutants be turned into slaves for Black Blot or Thanose or whoever?

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get why so many people in the comics view less mutants as a bad thing, yet seem neutral or indifferent to inhumans?

Seriously, it makes no sense. There have been plenty of evil inhumans in the world, as have there been evil mutants. So why does everyone in 616 hate mutants so much? Why don't they also attack the inhumans?

Shouldn't it be a red flag to everyone that less mutants means more inhumans, means more oppressive royalty terrorizing all normies?

If I were a normal person in 616, I'd probably either hate inhumans more or hate inhumans and mutants the same amount. After all, they both have powers, many view themselves as superior creatures AND inhumans are essentially what ancient humans once called monsters!

Is it because more inhumans join the Avengers or something? Don't the X-Men count as heroes anymore?

Either way, this plot seems to be very badly written, just to get rid of some "extra" characters. Next thing we know, the Fantastic Four will die from the mists too, somehow!

to keep going with that mutants being oppressed angle.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: Still, people should also hate inhumans. I get that mutants are oppressed and all, but to give the inhumans a free pass is just lazy.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@sprior93: and how many times has the public seen an inhuman so that compared to a mutant?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By HAWK2916

Although it would be somewhat of a rehash, what may be an interesting storyline in this Inhumans vs Mutants debacle, might be for humans to become aware and fearful especially if the Terrigen Mist keeps killing those who can't successfully make the transformation. And team up with the mutants to rid earth of the Inhumans then of course the humans would turn on the mutants once again after seeing their power on display. Sort of similar to humans and mutants fought against Sentinel oppression together