• 74 results
#51 Posted by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I think x-men evolution was the best x-men cartoon we have had. (yes i know people rave about the 90s one and it was pretty good) I thought it was awesome because it was done so well cyclops was a leader wolverine was the loner and i like how they just portrayed every character and they had some great story lines with a fitting ending. Watxm was good too but i never really got attached to the characters.

#52 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (6020 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I think x-men evolution was the best x-men cartoon we have had. (yes i know people rave about the 90s one and it was pretty good) I thought it was awesome because it was done so well cyclops was a leader wolverine was the loner and i like how they just portrayed every character and they had some great story lines with a fitting ending. Watxm was good too but i never really got attached to the characters.

I agree that X-Men Evolution was pretty good (even though a lot of fans seem to hate that show). I liked how each character got their chance to shine and the storylines were pretty impressive. I liked Watxm too, but the biggest issue I had with that show was that it focused too heavily on Wolverine and not enough time on the other X-Men (save for Nightcrawler, Cyclops and Emma Frost).

#53 Posted by adamTRMM (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

My personal wish-series or even an animated movie would always be the X-force :) The vol.3 (also somewhat based on these stories) line up - a not sellout Wolvie, Warpath, Archangel, X-23; Domino, Vanisher and Elixir will join gradually. I don't mind them switching the cast to Uncanny after a long time btw :)

After watching the Young Justice series, I will totally love to see a New X-men cartoon as well. I don't really dig DC, but writers of those series did an incredible job, even as an adult I found myself sinking, so a story like this about the younger X-men? Damn, I'm totally in.

#54 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1683 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of animation, Marvel has no idea how to equal the quality of DC, and when they do, they quickly get rid of the show to try to keep some continuity/reference to their live action movies. Honestly, their live actions X films are pretty jacked up so i'm sure they wouldn't make an animated one that's any better. Wolverine and the X-Men had some potential though before it was cancelled. I don't ever think they'll be able to make one that's as good as their stuff from the 90s or X-Men Evolution.

#55 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1618 posts) - - Show Bio

Same reason why there hasn't been an FF cartoon in years

#56 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

yea i loved evolution just as much as i loved the 90's version.

#57 Edited by poisonfleur (3105 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't worry-- After Days of Future past owns the comicbook movie world we will get another X-men show.

Let's hope we get a show that:
Treats each character with respect and equal screen time like X-men TAS.
Has the freshness and animation style of X-men Evo.
Has the expansive world and many characters as the Wolverine and the X-men.

And has the dark edge of X-men the Anime.

On that note--
Let's hope the next show
1) Doesn't just focus on Wolverine and his friends.
2) Doesn't get canceled.
3) Doesn't stray too far from the comics.
4) Doesn't skip over some of the most memorable stories just to give us another Phoenix Saga or Weapon X arc. Still waiting for Fall of mutants and M Day animated.

#58 Posted by poisonfleur (3105 posts) - - Show Bio

CAN WE PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEE HAVE THIS OPENING SONG BACK AGAIN!! Marvel has NEVER had an opening this epic before

#59 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't worry-- After Days of Future past owns the comicbook movie world we will get another X-men show.

On that note--

Let's hope the next show

2) Doesn't get canceled.

4) Doesn't skip over some of the most memorable stories just to give us another Phoenix Saga or Weapon X arc. Still waiting for Fall of mutants and M Day animated.

id love a new xmen toon but with Loeb canceling earths mightiest heros and replacing it i just dont trust him and his track record.

#60 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6020 posts) - - Show Bio

On that note--

Let's hope the next show

2) Doesn't get canceled.

YES!!! I agree with all of this!!! I also would love to see different storylines being played in the next animated series like "Mutant Massacre," Grant Morrison's run on New X-Men and Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men!

#61 Posted by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

On that note--

Let's hope the next show

2) Doesn't get canceled.

YES!!! I agree with all of this!!! I also would love to see different storylines being played in the next animated series like "Mutant Massacre," Grant Morrison's run on New X-Men and Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men!

They kinda really covered the big parts of morrisons run in watx except for planet x. but id love to see mutant massacre and whedons run

#62 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6020 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabbitearsblog said:

@poisonfleur said:

On that note--

Let's hope the next show

2) Doesn't get canceled.

They kinda really covered the big parts of morrisons run in watx except for planet x. but id love to see mutant massacre and whedons run

Me too!!!

#63 Posted by poisonfleur (3105 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigtewell said:

@rabbitearsblog said:

@poisonfleur said:

On that note--

Let's hope the next show

2) Doesn't get canceled.

Me too!!!

So let's make list:
1) M Day/House of M (+1)
2) Fall of Mutants (+1)
2) Mutant Massacre (+1)
3) Whedon's Astonishing X-arcs (+1)
4) Maybe the Phoenix: Endsong arc (+1)
5) Wolverine & the X-men's: Hellfire saga arc (+1)

Keep adding to the list, guys-- and heck even add points to stories you would like to see on a cartoon.

#64 Edited by Dayvid3 (820 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah they keep humping the avengers, sooo dull.

#65 Posted by goobot (516 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like one but then i feel like it would get Disneyfide and suck. I was actually surprised how wolverine acted on Ultimate Spiderman.

#66 Edited by cattlebattle (13168 posts) - - Show Bio

We just had one like 3 years ago, right?? The X-Men anime was in 2011 if I recall. I guess people are impatient these days.

To be honest, I often find myself disliking the animated shows. They are usually always missing something. The great things about X-Men was the mature content and storytelling that made it a hit in the 80s and we will likely never see that in the US as cartoons are aimed at children here. Also, as a victim of their own popularity, the X-Men have spawned so many characters, some of them aren't even that interesting and because of their popularity, get shoehorned into a series for the sake of fan service, or some of them just won't appear at all.

Oh well, I guess we will always have the comics

#67 Posted by poisonfleur (3105 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

I believe that Marvel focuses on promoting the Avengers

I think this is the reason also. Maybe if Days of Future Past succeeds in box office, Marvel might consider making another X-Men cartoon.

Both of you are 100% correct

#68 Posted by phisigmatau (529 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabbitearsblog said:

@bigtewell said:

@rabbitearsblog said:

@poisonfleur said:

On that note--

Let's hope the next show

2) Doesn't get canceled.

Me too!!!

So let's make list:

1) M Day/House of M (+1)

2) Fall of Mutants (+1)

2) Mutant Massacre (+1)

3) Whedon's Astonishing X-arcs (+1)

4) Maybe the Phoenix: Endsong arc (+1)

5) Wolverine & the X-men's: Hellfire saga arc (+1)

Keep adding to the list, guys-- and heck even add points to stories you would like to see on a cartoon.

u cant be an x-men fan and wanna relive that bs called m day....
to hell with scarlett witch

#69 Posted by Cutter (896 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind another X-Men cartoon...I think Days of Future Past would be the one I rather see.

#70 Posted by impossibilly (892 posts) - - Show Bio

I had the chance to interview James Tucker, the head of DC Animation, at NYCC and he said that action-based animated shows are having a rough time on television, ratings wise. He sees superhero cartoons moving to Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime, where you can get by on a smaller audience. I think if we get a new X-Men cartoon, it will be on one of these services.

You can read the full interview here: http://tuesdaynightmovies.com/james-tucker-talks-justice-league-war/

#71 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3617 posts) - - Show Bio

I had the chance to interview James Tucker, the head of DC Animation, at NYCC and he said that action-based animated shows are having a rough time on television, ratings wise. He sees superhero cartoons moving to Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime, where you can get by on a smaller audience. I think if we get a new X-Men cartoon, it will be on one of these services.

You can read the full interview here: http://tuesdaynightmovies.com/james-tucker-talks-justice-league-war/

Thanks for sharing. Based on where I am in the business, this did look like a trend but it's interesting to see executives confirm it.

#72 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3872 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Loeb sucks. You really want an x-men cartoon like Ult Spidey or Hulk agents of smash?

Its like that because marvel owns disney XP

#73 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3872 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

On that note--

Let's hope the next show

2) Doesn't get canceled.

They have the marvel knights based on whedon's run

#74 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

They are better off without a cartoon given Loeb is in charge. I have no interest seeing an X-men cartoon's quality being brought down to Loeb levels of crap. He would probably have all the ep. be about the X-men fighting the Kids club version of the Hellfire Club. Trust me they are better off without a cartoon by Loeb.

#75 Posted by jmc247 (123 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith:

After the Disney take over of Marvel they killed WATXM mid season 2 production. To be blunt they don't want to put one red cent into helping Fox whom they hate potentially create new fans via an animated series for the Fox X-Men film franchise. The Disney take over make everything much much worse.

#76 Posted by Ryster (1 posts) - - Show Bio

x-men evolution was the best, I think the characters where very unique and it was made very entertaining, used to watch it every evening with a bowl of biscuits haha