Why hasn't there been a new X-Men cartoon in years?

• 92 results
Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I know this has been asked a lot, but I was wondering why Marvel haven't created a new X-Men cartoon for years now? If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Marvel have to rights to the X-Men cartoons and could they easily make a new X-Men cartoon right now, even if the movie rights are still being held by Fox?

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Because Loeb sucks. You really want an x-men cartoon like Ult Spidey or Hulk agents of smash?

Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Superskrull86

I'm hoping they do a AVX animated movie. Marvel really should make more animated films.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By HumanRocket

Marvel really hasn't had any good cartoons in the last few years. avengers EMH is the only really good one to come out in recent memory and even that good pull from the air to make room for avenues assemble which is not that great not bad but no were near the level EMH was at. At the moment DC is by far out ranking marvel in the animated cartoons and movies I just re watched The Flash Point Paradox yesterday and I gotta say I'm still waiting for marvel to step it up.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: DC's animated shows aren't nearly as good now as they were a few years back. The movies are still great though.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Loeb sucks. You really want an x-men cartoon like Ult Spidey or Hulk agents of smash?

Oh no, I don't think I want an X-Men cartoon that's too campy, although I wouldn't mind an X-Men sitcom to come out, but I don't think anyone would be on board with that one.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#7  Edited By Outside_85

As DC (or WB) is still trying to unlock the secret that made Marvel's movies great, Marvel (or Disney atm) is probably still trying to find out why some DC cartoon shows remain great while theirs don't.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By HumanRocket

@peppeyhare: @peppeyhare: true I really didnt care much for young justice but that movies still outrank marvels animated movies. This past weekend I treat her justice league doom flashpoint and batman/superman public enemies I want for Marvel to so badly to get on it and give us a civil war secret invasion annilhilation animated movie. The problem right now with marvel animated shows is that there all too much alike ultimate spiderman and avengers assemble are to similar and they don't lead up to big stories like how aveners EMH lead up to the secrent invasion event. Wolverine and the x-men and spectacular spider-man were both great at setting up future stories but sadly they met their ends to ): I'm hoping around the time of the release of x men days of future past film that marvel will bring out a new animated x men cartoon and they should becuase Steve Blum does wolverine justice and its a same he hasn't been able to voice him much in recent years.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: Yeah it's a shame that SSM,Wolverine and the X-Men, and EMH all ended so early. All of Marvel's current animated stuff is beyond bad

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I believe that Marvel focuses on promoting the Avengers

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I believe that Marvel focuses on promoting the Avengers

I think this is the reason also. Maybe if Days of Future Past succeeds in box office, Marvel might consider making another X-Men cartoon.

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

i think maybe the X-men have been reimagined so many times that they are out of good ideas to work with. I also don't feel like we need another X-men story with the same characters over and over again. Look what happened the last time when they crashed and burned with "Wolverine and the X-men". I rather we not get another cartoon with Wolverine as the star yet again. Which ironically may be the Animated Series from the 90's fault for making him so popular.

But who knows now with Disney in charge. They are currently in production making a Big Hero 6 cartoon film, which looks like it might be directed to younger audiences. Hopefully it will be really fun and put Marvel back on the map with their animated features. And lead to more animated movies about other teams and characters that wouldn't get the chance to be on the big screen, like Alpha Flight, Excalibur and maybe even an X-women movie. (One can dream.)

If Marvel was smart they should make a New Mutants/New X-men movie about the younger character in the x-books and target the younger markets like DCs Teen Titans did so well. They also wouldn't need to rely on the older X-men, who they might not have the rights for? But if they do they can include them as the supporting cast, like how Young Justice did. Only better.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think maybe the X-men have been reimagined so many times that they are out of good ideas to work with. I also don't feel like we need another X-men story with the same characters over and over again. Look what happened the last time when they crashed and burned with "Wolverine and the X-men". I rather we not get another cartoon with Wolverine as the star yet again. Which ironically may be the Animated Series from the 90's fault for making him so popular.

But who knows now with Disney in charge. They are currently in production making a Big Hero 6 cartoon film, which looks like it might be directed to younger audiences. Hopefully it will be really fun and put Marvel back on the map with their animated features. And lead to more animated movies about other teams and characters that wouldn't get the chance to be on the big screen, like Alpha Flight, Excalibur and maybe even an X-women movie. (One can dream.)

If Marvel was smart they should make a New Mutants/New X-men movie about the younger character in the x-books and target the younger markets like DCs Teen Titans did so well. They also wouldn't need to rely on the older X-men, who they might not have the rights for? But if they do they can include them as the supporting cast, like how Young Justice did. Only better.

I was hoping to see an X-Men cartoon that also focuses on the New X-Men and the New Mutants. The comics seem to lost focus on these groups in recent years. I also agree with you about how the X-Men comics keep on constantly changing the status quo of the characters, so it would be difficult for the cartoons to try to keep up with them, unless they do something completely different from the comics.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Because Marvel is focusing on the Avengers right now now. Please try again after Marvel can freeload off the success of X-men Days of Future past (like the did with X-men Evolution and Wolverine and the X-men)

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Exactly.

Though, sadly, once X-Men: Days of Future Past hits theaters Marvel will most likely announce some new X-Men show that will run alongside Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble. They did already have Wolverine appear in Ult Spider-Man...

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I would say that Marvel still has the attitude that the Avengers must be the priority and anything else is not a priority.

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its because the 90's one was too damn good....

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PeppeyHare

@chapmar said:

I think its because Wolverine and the X-Men was too damn good

Agreed :p

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping they do a AVX animated movie. Marvel really should make more animated films.

Good god no, I would have literally anything else animated than the single worst marvel event of the new millennium.

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chapmar said:

Ha, yeah, no :D

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PeppeyHare

@chapmar said:

@peppeyhare said:

@chapmar said:

Ha, yeah, no :D

You didn't like that show? :O

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Such a shame that they haven't had to decency to grab some idea from DC in this respect a produce a teen-orientated series, i mean, that's why Evolution was so bloody great and Wolverine and The X-Men was so poor. A well-animated series with an exemplary cast of respective v/as and a good storyline would definitely work. Though, it'll never happen.

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Chapmar

@peppeyhare: I have never actually seen Wolverine and the X-men! <hangs head in shame>

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chapmar said:

@peppeyhare: I have never actually seen Wolverine and the X-men! <hangs head in shame>

You need to watch it! It's surprisingly good. I'm watching it on Netflix right now, and for me, it almost rivals X-Men: TAS.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

They made one like 3 years ago.

It was pretty lame.

There was also an X-Men anime and a Wolverine anime.

They were pretty lame too. Though anime Cyclops is the sexiest thing ever.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#27 god_spawn  Moderator

@fadetoblackbolt: Agreed. The animes sucked. The Wolverine anime isn't Wolverine. The plots were trite. And I never liked WATXM to begin with. I haven't seen a good X-Men cartoon since Evolution. So 10 years ago or so? At least they tried something different and it ended up working pretty well, IMO at least.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I loved Evoltution for that reason. Terribly underrated show.

X-Men: TAS was pretty much as ideal an X-animated series as we're likely to get, so the Evo team gave us something new but still relevant and still true to the comics' spirit. Shame the series isn't gettable on DVD.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#29 god_spawn  Moderator

@fadetoblackbolt: I think Marvel has every episode on youtube for free. I generally watch it there for nostalgia. I also miss Disney XD playing the show quite often a few years ago, as well as some of the older shows like Hulk or Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I'll have to check the YT account. Sometimes those are blocked based on country though, which is bloody annoying. WWE does that >_>

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

m3th says Wolverine and The X-Men wasn't that long ago.

-m3th.O.D.-

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I loved Evoltution for that reason. Terribly underrated show.

X-Men: TAS was pretty much as ideal an X-animated series as we're likely to get, so the Evo team gave us something new but still relevant and still true to the comics' spirit. Shame the series isn't gettable on DVD.

I wish that they release the entire X-Men Evolution series on DVD, especially the fourth season since I barely seen those episodes when it first aired.

Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ultimatejonathan
UltimateJonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By UltimateJonathan

Because Marvel would buck it up.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all the x-men stories have been told have you seen marvel knights astonishing x-men

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By trebean

Because they're still milking The Avengers for all it's worth.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all the x-men stories have been told have you seen marvel knights astonishing x-men

Oh, I meant like fully animated cartoons like "Wolverine and the X-Men," not Marvel Knights animation.

Jimmie_Hudson_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the next marvel animated movie should be a xmen one

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they should do a New Mutants cartoon now that Young Justice is over

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

Did you not pay attention to Wolverine and the X-men? That was like...six years ago. And then there was that anime...

TheIggies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheIggies

@silver_raven:

@silver_raven: 78% of U.S. citizens are White. So, if we want to be "fair" they should make up 78% of the characters in the comics. Blacks, just as one example, make up 8% of the population, so less than 1 out of 10 characters in the Marvel Universe should be black.

You shouldn't make people of race/creed/sexuality JUST to have people of specific race/creed/sexuality.

Plus, on a second note, show me the % of black readers Marvel has. I would bet my life it is less than 2-3% of the total reading population.

EditDelete

ItsDaveyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silver_raven:

@silver_raven: 78% of U.S. citizens are White. So, if we want to be "fair" they should make up 78% of the characters in the comics. Blacks, just as one example, make up 8% of the population, so less than 1 out of 10 characters in the Marvel Universe should be black.

You shouldn't make people of race/creed/sexuality JUST to have people of specific race/creed/sexuality.

Plus, on a second note, show me the % of black readers Marvel has. I would bet my life it is less than 2-3% of the total reading population.

EditDelete

If we are trying to accurately mirror diversity of the United States... we need a LOT more Latinos in comics then.

UrbanChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a new wolverine and the x0men based off the comic would be great seeing those storied animated would be a win for marvel

MoonStar757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#45  Edited By MoonStar757

Ive also wondered y there hasn't been a good, high quality X-Men cartoon for years, strong enuf in storyline, voice acting and animation quality to rival the classic 90s cartoon series. Personally that is my absolute favourite X animation, seconded by Evolution. Whilst i really enjoyed the plots and storyline of WATX i found the animation to be really crap, like the 90s one looked (aesthetically) better and that was made ages ago without whatever new tech there surely must be available today. And the Anime series was alright, interesting storyline to a point, but every1 knows ur story is only as good as its villain, and I'm the "U-Men"….shudda been flushed down the u-bend ages ago lol, they were so lame.

Ideally i wud really love a new X cartoon with the writers of Young Justice, and the production department or animators (I'm not sure exactly who does it) that didJustice League: Crisis on 2 Earths movie. For me that wud be sweet :) personally i thing YJ and YJI have been so awesomely done, animation quality and story lines, like theres nothing really not to like, or nothing major at the very least. And i was just really, really impressed by the animation quality of Justice League: Crisis on 2 Earths, cos i saw New Frontier b4 that and it really sucked animation wise, but literally i think the people who produced JLCO2E and even Superman/Batman: Apocalypse (both animation and writing wise) are absolutely amazing and wud love it if they animated a new X-Men cartoon series…war r the chances they've read this…? hey it cud happen okay :) :) haha! #dreamer

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

From what I can tell, if Marvel doesn't own the movie rights to something, it's not a priority.

fantasyfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

I thought I read somewhere quite a while ago, that there was going to be an X-Men cartoon soon in 2014 simply called: "X-Men". But if it´s anything like Marvels current three cartoons I´d rather pass. The Wolverine anime´s biggest flaw I thought was Wolverines character design(seriously, where was the sideburns and shit?), and the pacing. The X-Men anime was decent, but it lacked focus during the second half. Also why did Wolveine have his regular look in the X-Men anime? I bet a lot more(myself included to some extent) would have liked the Wolverine anime if he would have had that look.

A New Mutans animated feature would be pretty neat, but I doubt they would do it.

Haven´t seen neither X-Men Evolution or Wolverine and the X-Men yet, but I´m considering giving them a chance, cause I´ve heard good things about both of them.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Young Justice was an awesome series. Featured all the sidekicks and still featured the big guns in most episodes. I think that could definitely work for Marvel as well. I'd more or less would like to see the New X-Men team (Surge, Dust, Mercury, Rockslide, Anole, Pixie, Hellion ext), BUT I also wouldn't mind seeing the Young Avengers... Or even the Runaways... There are honestly so many possibilities to get all of them in there like they did with Young Justice! But I'd definitely like to see some of the newer generation of Heroes featured in a show

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought I read somewhere quite a while ago, that there was going to be an X-Men cartoon soon in 2014 simply called: "X-Men". But if it´s anything like Marvels current three cartoons I´d rather pass. The Wolverine anime´s biggest flaw I thought was Wolverines character design(seriously, where was the sideburns and shit?), and the pacing. The X-Men anime was decent, but it lacked focus during the second half. Also why did Wolveine have his regular look in the X-Men anime? I bet a lot more(myself included to some extent) would have liked the Wolverine anime if he would have had that look.

A New Mutans animated feature would be pretty neat, but I doubt they would do it.

Haven´t seen neither X-Men Evolution or Wolverine and the X-Men yet, but I´m considering giving them a chance, cause I´ve heard good things about both of them.

I agree. The X-Men are the type of characters that don't rely too heavily on comedy due to their situation of being hated by humankind. I think that having an X-Men cartoon that cuts down on the seriousness of their situation wouldn't make them too engaging since their situation is definitely something that is heavily talked about in the comics.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog:

darn it i wanted to see season 2 of wolverine and the x-men(marvel should have givin it a good try). At the end of season 2 xavier was going to try to protect the future from age of apocalypse. Where they had Apocalypse as the main bad guy with (future) mr.sinister, alex(AOA) and Scott(AoA, with the one eye). Where was marvel going with that? Maybe they ran out of ideas/stories on that one.

oh i find some scipts for watxm......... i will chat later