#1 Posted by HAWK2916 (2228 posts) - - Show Bio

I keep trying to remember and find where Magneto's powers were broken at. I know in Uncanny him Scott and Emma are having trouble while Magik is more powerful than ever. Namor is still ok and I think Colossus is too, so partly I don't understand why Scott and Emma are so screwed up right now. But as far as Magneto he wasn't part of the Phoenix Five and I thought Scarlet Witch protected him in AVX

#2 Posted by comicbookfan93 (441 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott attacked him quite badly when he was possessed by the Phoenix which I believe is why magneto's powers are broken. As for Scott and Emma they were the last two to inherit the Phoenix force and so will have suffered more damage than the others

#3 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott attacked him quite badly when he was possessed by the Phoenix which I believe is why magneto's powers are broken. As for Scott and Emma they were the last two to inherit the Phoenix force and so will have suffered more damage than the others

#4 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Still it was weird, since Scott attacked a lot of them with the same or more force than he did to Mags, Thor, Hulk, Wolverine, among others. Also, some people said it was probably caused by him always being close to the P5, but the same could be said about others like Storm (at first), and many other Mutants.

To be honest, I don't find any coherent reason for his de-powerment.

#5 Edited by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by danhimself (22752 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott's, Emma's, Colossus's, and Magik's powers are all broken right now due to them having the Phoenix Force....it hasn't been said if anything is wrong with Namor yet though it does seem odd that he would be the only one to get away with no damage

#7 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7311 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no cause other than Bendis needed something close to a feasible reason (that the majority of fans would overlook and evidently let slide) for his involvement in the Uncanny team, and turning bald. Not that it's done much for the character. Oh well.