#1 Posted by poisonfleur (2960 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay-- So apparently battle of the atom was some hot garbage and us fans are picking up our pitchforks and torches. (On a positive note-- We got Kymera!)

As we know, Bendis is running the X-show now in Uncanny X-men and All-New X-men. And as usual he trolls with some awesome highlights and epic fails. He is very much a hit or miss writer.

Who would you want being the main writer of the core X-men books-- AND which would be the core 2 books if you could decide?

#2 Edited by poisonfleur (2960 posts) - - Show Bio

Main Writer: Brian Wood:

Everything this man writes is Gold! Not only does know the characters and develop them well, he gives them great original scenarios that's are what the x-men need right now.

Main Book 1: (X)X-men: Come on- It's possibly X-men's most popular book right now. Great Art, Great Characters, Great Writing, Great Development, Great Story. Brian Wood could be the next Claremont if given the chance. The Ladies of the X-men are truly one of the best highlights right now under Wood's pen-- especially since we have M replacing Kitty.

Main Book 2: Uncanny X-men: The Dark X-men are a very needed and interesting contrast. Let's keep them and maybe give them their own X-force too.

Secondary writers: Warren Ellis & Brian K. Vaughn

Guest Writer: Claremont

#3 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

Main Writer: Brian K. Vaughan

Main Book: Uncanny X-Men: In this book, we could have X-Men members Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, Rogue and Gambit and have it set up where it takes place after the events of "Astonishing X-Men," except done right this time. As for who would do the artwork, I would choose either John Cassaday or Mike Choi.

#4 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

BRING BACK CLATEMONT!!!!!!!! But no seriously maybe mark waid or ed brubaker

#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (38604 posts) - - Show Bio

Brian K. Vaughn

#6 Posted by HAWK2916 (1588 posts) - - Show Bio

For Uncanny I want Rick Remender. Adjectiveless Xmen is Brian Wood. Mike Carey and Brian K Vaughn can do other titles like Legacy and either Xtreme or Astonishing. Kyle and Yost on an avademy x book and/or xforce

#7 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (921 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur: X-men by brian wood isn't the most popular X-related book out.... i thought All-New and Uncanny are the two flagships?...Okay, now to answer your question. Main writing duties should be handed to Brian K. Vaughan or Robert Kirkman (i'm not sure about him though for other people, i just really like his invincible stuff).

Main book should be Adjective-less X-men; consisting of Cyclops, Wolverine, Iceman, Storm, Kitty, Emma Frost and Colossus (Maybe Beast).

Then for Uncanny X-men, it should be Magneto, Gambit, Rogue, Legion, Cuckoos, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (the Magneto Family woootwooot)

#8 Posted by lorex (946 posts) - - Show Bio

No one. Bendis is doing a fine job so far. I want him to continue with what he is doing.

#9 Posted by slimlim (262 posts) - - Show Bio

Let Bendis wrap up his run. He has set up certain interesting story plots. I was hoping BOTA would resolve some of those, but... nope. But after Bendis is done. I would love to see HICKMAN's take on the X-Men. They are in need of some serious order. Although Hickman's Avengers has been a little patchy, but at least i get the feeling that its all headed somewhere. That everything that happens is part of a bigger picture and grander design. The X-books are too random now.

#10 Edited by ShadowSwordmaster (12098 posts) - - Show Bio
@slimlim said:

Let Bendis wrap up his run. He has set up certain interesting story plots. I was hoping BOTA would resolve some of those, but... nope. But after Bendis is done. I would love to see HICKMAN's take on the X-Men. They are in need of some serious order. Although Hickman's Avengers has been a little patchy, but at least i get the feeling that its all headed somewhere. That everything that happens is part of a bigger picture and grander design. The X-books are too random now.

Hickman is a good choice on the X-Books and maybe Scott Snyder .

#11 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10001 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for Bendis to leave the X-Verse. I could die and go to heaven if Claremont returned, but I also like:

X-Men - Chris Yost. I think he writes the X-Men so well, tells great and compelling stories (New Warriors are in really good hands) and has a great passion for quite a few of the characters. I am happy with Wood so far though. his run is still in it's early stages and I have liked what he has done with the cast.

Amazing X-Men - Remender would be awesome on this book.

Uncanny X-Force - Humphries is slowly winning me back over but I wouldn't mind seeing Hickman on this book's cast.

Other writers that I think would be good is a Ellis, Gray, Chuck Kim, Brubaker, Cornell(I like his work on Wolverine), Paul Smith, and Carey.

#12 Edited by adamTRMM (1298 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle\Yost, this duo knew how to handle many characters and take them to new directions. Wood's X-men v.3 work was pretty awesome. I didn't really like Carey's writing, Age Of X was OK, but everything afterwards.. I mean, with all those characters in his hands, he didn't achieve anything, but Rogueneto, which was very raw and forced.

Just replace Aaron and everything maybe will be fine :) He just doesn't understand the X-verse, I gave a chance to his current Thor, and I'm very surprised because I'm liking it =\

#13 Edited by darkbeam (2091 posts) - - Show Bio

Steal Scott Snyder or Greg Pak from Dc.

#14 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4251 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm enjoying Wood on X-Men and Bendis on Uncanny X-Men. To me all the other books are satellites titles, but I'm enjoying both of those books.

#15 Posted by mechem_93 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Hickman or Vaughan.

Not Claremont again, at least not for an ongoing.

#16 Edited by RaggedScarecrow (787 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone who isn't Aaron. Brian Wood would be my first choice, followed by Bendis and Remender. I like Humphries and Hopeless but I feel like the X-Forces shouldn't be involved in big X-events unless there's a very good reason.

#17 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio

Just remove Aaron and Bendis and replace them with competent writers or writers who, at the very least, do not have a penchant for corporate servicing over passionate art. For the fans and by the fans.

You could also remove Humphries on UXF and replace him with Yost. That would be amazing. Everything else is fine. It's just those two.

#18 Edited by Selina_Sublime (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Brian K. Vaughan. I think his writing has a good balance of adventure, intelligence, charm, and comedy that is made for a long and intentional epic. What I love about him on a serial is his recognition when to end a story/his run and move on. Most X-writers don't have or utilize that sense of direction of a big title like the X-Men.

#19 Posted by adamTRMM (1298 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, I want a real X-force, like bloody, with massacre and gore. With characters who will to kill, but unlike Remender's moralizing stuff "murder brings more murder", I want murder where it is necessary and killing those who deserve it. And no Wolverine :)

#20 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

i know itll never happen but if marvel got geoff johns to do xmen id pick it up. everyone keeps saying his current aquaman is amazing and i loved his take on gl

id add ed brubaker also

#21 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone but Bendis or Aaron.

But seriously, Wood is doing way better than Bendis and Aaron put together, he certainly deserves more credit and attentions, instead of those two buffoons.

#22 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4251 posts) - - Show Bio

you know who deserves more attention? Mike Costa.

His recent story The Arms of The Octopus (All-New X-Men Special #1 - Elegy in the Classroom, Indestructible Hulk Special #1 - For a Friend Whose Work Has Come to Triumph, and Superior Spider-Man Team-Up Special #1 - The Arms of the Octopus Part 3 of 3) was probably the best X-men story to come out this year. It may not have been an epic story, but it was a great use of the characters and really fun.

I say that if the "All-new X-men" are here to stay, it should be Costa who gets to write their book (and Bendis can just keep Uncanny').

#23 Posted by HAWK2916 (1588 posts) - - Show Bio

I just continue to imagine how good the stories would be if we could get Remender with the apocalyspe twins in uncanny xmen instead of avengers. Bendis' ideas sound great in the interviews but he never seems to deliver. All this mutant revolution and wherever the hell Dazzler is are just storylines just hanging out there along with the fuzzy green sentinel. Bendis should be a consultant and just come up with ideas but let Remender, Vaughan, and Wood do the execution

#24 Posted by PassionFlower (957 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm enjoying Bendis actually. He amuses me and rattles cages.

#25 Posted by CheeseSticks (2381 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring back Gillen !!!

#26 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32705 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it unlikely that BKV will ever write for the ether if the Big Two again.

#27 Posted by Night Thrasher (3603 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm on the Bendis train. He's been great so far!!! BoTA was great; could've ended better though. I think X-books are in a great position right now with Bendis.

If I had to choose though, I would say Remender.

#28 Posted by CheeseSticks (2381 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm on the Bendis train. He's been great so far!!! BoTA was great; could've ended better though. I think X-books are in a great position right now with Bendis.

Lol, i hope that you're trolling.

#29 Edited by Night Thrasher (3603 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher said:

Nope...I like Bendis' run so far and based on Remender's UXF run I think he could kill on X-Men

#30 Posted by Onemoreposter (3938 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked battle of the Atom.

Remender would be a good choice.

I'd love to see Tomasi on Wolverine and the X-Men.

Think we could get Garth Ennis on Uncanny? He's got the brutal seriousness that series needs but he also knows how to lighten things up and throw in a bit of humor.

#31 Posted by CheeseSticks (2381 posts) - - Show Bio

@cheesesticks said:

@night_thrasher said:

Nope...I like Bendis' run so far and based on Remender's UXF run I think he could kill on X-Men

You actually think that the guy who's writing Scarlet Witch as the best mutant ever and created a school in her name would make a good X-Writer? The same girl who destroy the majority of the mutants? We doesn't even need to talk about Havok's speech. Sure, Remender was good on X-Force, but he doesn't know anything about the X-universe

#32 Posted by waezi2 (6821 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Waid.

#33 Posted by Night Thrasher (3603 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher said:

@cheesesticks said:

@night_thrasher said:

You actually think that the guy who's writing Scarlet Witch as the best mutant ever and created a school in her name would make a good X-Writer? The same girl who destroy the majority of the mutants? We doesn't even need to talk about Havok's speech. Sure, Remender was good on X-Force, but he doesn't know anything about the X-universe

Yes I think Remender would kill on X-Men. I'm not caught up on Uncanny Avengers, but from what I read he's got a good enough grasp to really shine on the title. As far as Scarlet Witch goes, she isn't BAD in the truest sense of the word. She's more misunderstood than anything. I don't mind his portrayal of Wanda in the least.

#34 Posted by Wolverine08 (38604 posts) - - Show Bio

@cheesesticks said:

@night_thrasher said:

@cheesesticks said:

@night_thrasher said:

Yes I think Remender would kill on X-Men. I'm not caught up on Uncanny Avengers, but from what I read he's got a good enough grasp to really shine on the title. As far as Scarlet Witch goes, she isn't BAD in the truest sense of the word. She's more misunderstood than anything. I don't mind his portrayal of Wanda in the least.

Agreed.

#35 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4251 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-Force and Uncanny Avengers are two of the best Marvel books of the last decade; there's no doubt in my mind that Remender could totally take the X-men to the next level, were he given the chance. Heck, just based on those two books, I think it's fair to say he already has.

#36 Edited by slimlim (262 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

Uncanny X-Force and Uncanny Avengers are two of the best Marvel books of the last decade; there's no doubt in my mind that Remender could totally take the X-men to the next level, were he given the chance. Heck, just based on those two books, I think it's fair to say he already has.

I'm enjoying Uncanny Avengers too. And of course, Remender's UXF was fantastic.

I personally don't dislike Bendis. In fact, i like his work on POWERS. So i wouldn't need to see a change straight away. i like Hickman for his "intelligence", but Bendis does have his humorous character moments. i MUCH prefer Jason Aaron's Thor than WATXM. Brian Wood is doing a good job so far. But not enough that i'll say put him as lead writer. I think he probably works best where he is for now.

In an ideal world, i would like to see Hickman handle the main X-book with Remender handling the "Uncanny" team.

Amazing X-Men {Wolverine & Co} - Hickman

Uncanny X-Men {Cyclops & Co} - Remender

All New X-Men {O5} - Hickman

X-Men {Storm & Co} - Wood

X-Force {Cable & Co} - Remender

Mutant High/New Mutants {Quentin Quire & Co) (Formerly known as WATXM... NO x-book should be named after a single X-Men character. That's like having an Iron-Man and the Avengers.) - Mark Waid

#37 Edited by batmannflash (6189 posts) - - Show Bio

Me

#38 Posted by Spaced_Boy (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter David

#39 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10001 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter David

I wouldn't mind seeing him take a shot at X-Men. I think he did a great job on X-Factor.

#40 Posted by Maddpanda531 (998 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorex: I totally agree with you. I 'm loving the X-Men right now

#41 Posted by HAWK2916 (1588 posts) - - Show Bio

I still say Bendis would work better as an advisor or idea-pitch man. Sone of his ideas and descriptions of the stories are awesome but sometimes his writing drags and those ideas dont come acroos. Maybe he can take Nick Lowe's spot as an editor. You know the saying: "those who cant do, teach"

#42 Posted by tupiaz (2170 posts) - - Show Bio
@slimlim said:

Hickman was my first thought as well simply because he usually do science fiction stories. Scott Snyder is more a Horror/Crime writer for me and not a science fiction writer. I'm not saying he can't do it but he would be an odd choice. However that could also be the reason he would do it because it is something new and interesting. However it seems like he is pretty tied to DC at the moment. I would rather see Scott Snyder on Daredevil, Moon Knight or Punisher.

#43 Posted by slimlim (262 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:
@shadowswordmaster said:
@slimlim said:

Hickman was my first thought as well simply because he usually do science fiction stories. Scott Snyder is more a Horror/Crime writer for me and not a science fiction writer. I'm not saying he can't do it but he would be an odd choice. However that could also be the reason he would do it because it is something new and interesting. However it seems like he is pretty tied to DC at the moment. I would rather see Scott Snyder on Daredevil, Moon Knight or Punisher.

Yeah. Agreed. But if i had to choose an X-Book for Snyder to write? Something on the fringe. Like an American Vampire meets X-Factor. A spin-off team from UXM who investigate gritty and unsavoury events that concern mutants. I thought the current Uncanny X-Force is supposed to be that kind of book, but so far it hasnt really delivered IMO.