Who should be Ice Man's first boyfriend?

• 83 results
Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

So now that Bobby is out of the closet who do you want to see him date?

I think Bobby and Daken could be a pretty interesting couple. Those are two of my favorite characters would seeing them together a lot would be awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Daken with teenage Bobby would be incredibly creepy, and we still don't know if adult Bobby is gay.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@teerack: i cant think of any gay guys for iceman besides cant he make copies of himself and date himself lol. not much gay man in marvel who are available

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make me unsee it. (c)

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Transgender Kitty Price?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony Stark

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@bullpr: Pryde and not Prince. Prince is last name of Wonder Woman

Maybe "Ice Clone".

Since Wolverine is dead, Adult Cyclops is a single now. But Bobby is minor, so probalby wouldnt happening.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Whatever version of Iceman remains after Secret Wars, I just hope marvel has the balls to stick with him being gay.

That said, as an adult fan with little interest in the teen romance element of X-men comics, I don't really have much opinion about it. Outside of a few brief flings, it's not like adult Iceman has had any real relationships in the last few decades, and none (neither?) of them made him any more or less interesting as a character.

I guess if he were to have a boyfriend who wasn't on the team, Wiccan would be a cool supporting character. Like when Nightcrawler dated Amanda Sefton..

or, if they wanted him to date a teammate, Benjamin Deeds might be cool. I dunno if he's gay, but I don't know he's not, and he's an interesting enough new character that it would be cool to see him interact with the team anyway, rather than having an already established gay character join just for the sake of giving Iceman a boyfriend.

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bobby wast'n pretty homophobic toward Northstar ?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Right, but I'm saying that might be retconned in Uncanny #600.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@sprior93: Adult Bobby is straight

but in uncanny x-men 600(october), teen jean and teen iceman are going to confront adult iceman about it and its supposed to change his world.

its too early to make iceman date someone if hes going to find out his gay. ok marvel is pushing this a lot

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ultimatekey

How about Striker or Anole?

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too Early...

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramior said:

I don't think he was really homophobic towards him so much as he seemed to feel like he needed to make a point that he himself was strait.

but that level of insecurity about one's own sexuality is not uncommon among people who are afraid to admit that they are homosexual.

or, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A dildo

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramior said:

I don't think he was really homophobic towards him so much as he seemed to feel like he needed to make a point that he himself was strait.

but that level of insecurity about one's own sexuality is not uncommon among people who are afraid to admit that they are homosexual.

or, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

also in x-men the end which means nothing in the 616.......iceman was still single and he was still going after polaris when polaris was interested in peter's son Kid Colossus. i guess iceman never finds true love and becomes the equavelent of an old maid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would an heterosexual man have a boyfriend?

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By HexThis

Wiccan.

I'm sick of the Teddy/Billy relationship, I honestly don't think Teddy is as interesting as Billy. Also, nobody stays with their first boyfriend, I mean, c'mon.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Teerack

@sprior93 said:

Daken with teenage Bobby would be incredibly creepy, and we still don't know if adult Bobby is gay.

@kgb725 said:

@sprior93: Adult Bobby isn't gay

Axel Alonso pretty much let it slip in an interview that adult Bobby will be gay when he's confronted with his teenage self coming out in a n interview right after teen Bobby was outed.

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@teerack: i cant think of any gay guys for iceman besides cant he make copies of himself and date himself lol. not much gay man in marvel who are available

I'm probably missing some but these are the ones I can remember.

Adults

• Northstar
  • Colossus(From the Ultimate Universe if they are in the same universe post Secret Wars)
  • Christian Frost
  • Shatterstar
  • Union Jack
  • Rictor
  • Mystique(in male form?)
  • Daken

Teenagers

• Striker
  • Wiccan
  • Hulkling
  • Prodigy

Now that I think about it I would love to see him with Christian Frost since I really liked seeing him interactions with Emma when he was around and he's been in limbo forever and it would be a way to make him relevant again. Emma could for sure use having her brother around to talk to now that she is single.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Hmm, in that case I think Northstar or Daken would be interesting. It's probably best if he's single for a while, it'll be weird if he's instantly paired with someone.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

@teerack: Hmm, in that case I think Northstar or Daken would be interesting.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Warbird reacts to it since she had a huge thing for Bobby and also didn't accept gays at Northstar's wedding.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Where has Warbird been? I haven't read a comic featuring her since Astonishing X-Men. Anyway, last I recall she seemed to be adapting to human culture(taking up art again and so on).

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

@teerack: Where has Warbird been? I haven't read a comic featuring her since Astonishing X-Men. Anyway, last I recall she seemed to be adapting to human culture(taking up art again and so on).

I think the last time she was in anything significantly was Astonishing. She might have been in Wolverine and X-Men a few times since in the background fighting or something, but she is just the art teacher at the school right now.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

None. Do we really want another transparent relationship with characters that never met pairing up the moment you write them into the story. Just write a proper story and pair him up, if the interactions with another character call for it.

@hexthis said:

Wiccan.

I'm sick of the Teddy/Billy relationship, I honestly don't think Teddy is as interesting as Billy. Also, nobody stays with their first boyfriend, I mean, c'mon.

Yeah, in Gillens run, because he potrayed everyone with the depth of paper and made Teddy just an extension of Billy.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
@sprior93 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing how Warbird reacts to it since she had a huge thing for Bobby and also didn't accept gays at Northstar's wedding.

I though the reason why she didn't stay for Northstar and Kyle's marriage was because she did not understand the concept of marriage, not because they were gay..............

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
@sprior93 said:

I though the reason why she didn't stay for Northstar and Kyle's marriage was because she did not understand the concept of marriage, not because they were gay..............

She said that she didn't think a man could love another man and that it wasn't real. She was pretty much saying being gay a choice that you shouldn't make.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
@ultimatekey said:
@teerack said:
@sprior93 said:

She said that she didn't think a man could love another man and that it wasn't real. She was pretty much saying being gay a choice that you shouldn't make.

Wow, I don;t know how I missed that. But then again comics are always up to the reader's interpretation.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From PC pandering to actual pandering? lol

Anyway, I need to sort it all out. Apparently, Iceman was soooooooooooooooooooo deep inside of his closet he never actually realized that he was gay, not a single thought and action accordingly. He was even portrayed xenophobic, from ANAD warm welcoming to Austen's Northstar commentary, pretty consistently so. Then he is going to be OUTED, not by his own will I mind you, but by Benda herself (does teen Jean deserve this title? I think she does! A compliment? Left for interpretation). So, what would be the only logical result from this little chat and his dating choices that will properly answer for this situation? I'll quote:

@botanix said:

A dildo

@vitalius said:

Maybe "Ice Clone".

These are the only correct answers to this impotent story, seriously.

I mean, why is that Iceman has become so interesting apparently? Is that his new.... I mean totally consistent orientation that did the magics? So agenda seekers were right all along and we entered such a "creative" era, and it f@ckin worked? And why is that a guy whose internal struggles and issues were revealed to be so deep, even before the swap, will resolve his problems by dating someone when his whole world was deconstructed in one panel? Or apparently comfortable in actually dating someone?

Iceman was a good character, whose issues were relatable first of all because of how a typical majority representative fallen into uncommon situation he was. He was a simpleton cursed with godhood, he was insecure because he might lose control any second, he acted immature because some people don't want to grow up. Insane right? Things like these might only be explained by getting out of the closet! A straight can't be insecure, immature or afraid. What a nonsense. He must be gay. It's actually pretty offensive I'd say.

What I take from this story is that Benda mind-raped his younger self, thus retroactively changing the present Iceman since you know they totally, 100%, confirmed on panel, real young versions of our guys. That's the only logical explanation here.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Iceman was a good character, whose issues were relatable first of all because of how a typical majority representative fallen into uncommon situation he was. He was a simpleton cursed with godhood, he was insecure because he might lose control any second, he acted immature because some people don't want to grow up. Insane right?

what makes Iceman an interesting character is just what you've stated here, and none of these qualities need change because he is gay, so I don't see what the problem is.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler:

He can't be a majority representative by being a minority, that's by definition makes the situation a complete opposite, for starters. Him coming out of the closet indicates these issues are going to be resolved since they were caused by the closet.

Like I said, a different character.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@adamtrmm said:

@oldnightcrawler:

He can't be a majority representative by being a minority, that's by definition makes the situation a complete opposite, for starters. Him coming out of the closet indicates these issues are going to be resolved since they were caused by the closet.

Like I said, a different character.

because the X-men, a story that at it's core is about social otherness, needs more representation of strait, white males?

I'm sorry, I've just never considered Iceman's sexuality central to his character. But I imagine if I was a gay teen X-men fan, I'd be pretty excited to have a great classic character like Iceman to identify with. And since, as a strait adult I have no interest in his sexuality to begin with, this doesn't change what I find relatable about him anyway. So, to me, still the same character.

If strait male X-men fans can only identify with strait male characters (A. they might be missing the point of X-men, and B.) they have almost every other male X-men character to still identify with.

X-men being a comfort and inspiration to children who feel like they don't fit in is, to me, a lot more important than continuity.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By adamTRMM

@oldnightcrawler:

because the X-men, a story that at it's core is about social otherness, needs more representation of strait, white males?

White, straight and guilty because of that? I'm not sure what does that mean if not that. Character should be judged by how good (or not) it is, not what kind of minority it represents. And I'm saying this as a representative of race who can easily accuse Marvel at mistreating of, so about white guilt, wrong direction.

X-men represent mutated, mostly to superiority, genetically tied (as would any species/race be) people from all kinds of humanity no matter the label, physical or spiritual tribalism. Any social otherness beyond that is farfetched.

I'm sorry, I've just never considered Iceman's sexuality central to his character. But I imagine if I was a gay teen X-men fan, I'd be pretty excited to have a great classic character like Iceman to identify with. And since, as a strait adult I have no interest in his sexuality anyways, this doesn't change what I find relatable about him anyway. So, to me, still the same character.

I kinda felt that my comment might be taken this way. You make me sound like I'm mocking the character because of his orientation, when that's not what I said. I mock THIS specific character because of how shallow this new "development" of him makes him. And to anybody who has something like actual taste, but that's an imo. In my book, one isn't supposed to become more interesting because of his race or orientation. Oberyn Martell and Omar Little weren't the best characters in their respective shows because of these traits, they were because their characters were such, with that traits being only a part in this greatness.

If strait male X-men fans can only identify with strait male characters (A. they might be missing the point of X-men, and B.) they have almost every other male X-men character to still identify with.

Keeping with out of context, I merely explained what made Iceman a good character he already was, but you twisted it to support some kind of commentary I never made. But if you're so pushy about it, yeah, I won't be relating to characters that are defined by their orientation and sit 50 years in closet. I'll stick with the ones who actually have some character.

X-men being a comfort and inspiration to children who feel like they don't fit in is, to me, a lot more important than continuity.

All X-men teach me is how hopeless humanity is. So hopeless, even the next stage of human evolution is destined to sink within their messes. :P

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

White, straight and guilty because of that? I'm not sure what does that mean if not that. Character should be judged by how good (or not) it is, not what kind of minority it represents.

and I said that Iceman is an interesting character regardless of his orientation, so, moving on..

X-men represent mutated, mostly to superiority, genetically tied (as would any species/race be) people from all kinds of humanity no matter the label, physical or spiritual tribalism. Any social otherness beyond that is farfetched.

I don't know what you mean by that.. are you saying that the social divisions that make people who don't feel represented by their own culture feel alienated from it is more far-fetched than being a super-powered mutant? I just don't understand what your point is here..

I'm sorry, I've just never considered Iceman's sexuality central to his character. But I imagine if I was a gay teen X-men fan, I'd be pretty excited to have a great classic character like Iceman to identify with. And since, as a strait adult I have no interest in his sexuality anyways, this doesn't change what I find relatable about him anyway. So, to me, still the same character.

I kinda felt that my comment might be taken this way. You make me sound like I'm mocking the character because of his orientation, when that's not what I said. I mock THIS specific character because of how shallow this new "development" of him makes him. And to anybody who has something like actual taste, but that's an imo.

I honestly didn't assume you were mocking the character for his orientation, it just seemed that you implied that what made him relatable was that he was strait. And, while I don't agree that is/need be the case, by that logic, why shouldn't X-men be just as relatable to people who who feel alienated because of their sexuality?

If the argument is about how this development was applied in the story, I guess I do basically agree that it was pretty gd ham-fisted. Inorganic, at least, and not really interesting in itself.

My point was more that the development itself of Iceman being gay opens up the potential for stories to be told featuring an already beloved and well-rounded character that otherwise would not, without really losing anything that already made Iceman interesting and distinct. And I don't think that's a negative thing, even if the story that inspires it is not that good in itself.

Keeping with out of context, I merely explained what made Iceman a good character he already was, but you twisted it to support some kind of commentary I never made. But if you're so pushy about it, yeah, I won't be relating to characters that are defined by their orientation and sit 50 years in closet. I'll stick with the ones who actually have some character.

Sorry, I really didn't mean to misinterpret what you meant. But if you don't think characters should be defined by their orientation, I just don't see why it would bother you what his orientation was. If it's that it's the product of a bad story, I guess that makes sense to me.

But since I don't see Iceman as being defined by his orientation, when so many characters are (due to relationships central to their story, like Cyclops or Jean), and I guess because I don't see continuity as especially important, I personally see more good than harm coming from changing it up.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By adamTRMM

@oldnightcrawler:

and I said that Iceman is an interesting character regardless of his orientation, so, moving on..

And I'm sure Iceman is going to be all about his new orientation. He's bound to it now, it explained all what his character was about apparently.

I don't know what you mean by that.. are you saying that the social divisions that make people who don't feel represented by their own culture feel alienated from it is more far-fetched than being a super-powered mutant? I just don't understand what your point is here..

That they are mutants, who happen to be superior and dangerous to humanity, any other social justice seeking here is basically far-fetched beyond that. That's the story, everything else is interpretation. They're something entirely outworldish, and if one relates to them, it's because of the symbolism, that in the end of the day unites both, a white, straight male, and a sexually fluid LGBT woman who btw happens to be originally white.

I honestly didn't assume you were mocking the character for his orientation, it just seemed that you implied that what made him relatable was that he was strait. And, while I don't agree that is/need be the case, by that logic, why shouldn't X-men be just as relatable to people who who feel alienated because of their sexuality?

I said that character made sense the way he was, representing one from the crowd, one who wasn't a fancy personality and is flawed as hell, all while being a one from the most blatant majority (appearance, personality, anything), showing that "privileged" doesn't mean anything by default.

Now his orientation must deal or explain all of these issues since that's why people questioned his sexuality in the first place, right? He was one from the crowd because he was hiding, a shallow personality cause he repressed his sexual identity, flawed because all this denial made him so. You see, that's everything revolving around his orientation. Sorry, not really interesting.

If the argument is about how this development was applied in the story, I guess I do basically agree that it was pretty gd ham-fisted. Inorganic, at least, and not really interesting in itself.

I remember when sb posted Bendis' tumblr where he posted something like that "A lot of you taught me lots about Iceman's orientation. TBC........". What more can we take from the writer who doesn't even know the characters he's writing.

My point was more that the development itself of Iceman being gay opens up the potential for stories to be told featuring an already beloved and well-rounded character that otherwise would not, without really losing anything that already made Iceman interesting and distinct. And I don't think that's a negative thing, even if the story that inspires it is not that good in itself.

Well I think I addressed my problems with that. Iceman outing was nothing but attention seeking, title provoking agenda to show how progressive Marvel is. With that comment above from Bendis confirming he's nothing but an opportunist who wanted to get some extra points by doing that. If they really cared about the story involving LGBT characters, why not use the ultimate one, that is already part of X-mythos? I'm talking about Mystique, and I will stand by it saying she is the ULTIMATE LGBT character of all fiction, representing basically all of the categories. Her being the father of Nightcrawler? That was thought provoking and creative. Compare this to our subject...

Sorry, I really didn't mean to misinterpret what you meant. But if you don't think characters should be defined by their orientation, I just don't see why it would bother you what his orientation was. If it's that it's the product of a bad story, I guess that makes sense to me.

But since I don't see Iceman as being defined by his orientation, when so many characters are (due to relationships central to their story, like Cyclops or Jean), and I guess because I don't see continuity as especially important, I personally see more good than harm coming from changing it up.

But he's going to be defined by it. That's what I'm sure of, because otherwise, why even bother with outing him? It will be the center of his character for I have no idea how long, redefining him and changing him completely, and saying something of quality will come out of it is being ignorant of actual quality of writers we have right now, sadly.

I think Iceman was defined by his regularity, with being a mutant standing in this way. That was the character for me.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly i don't want to see a story about Iceman's sexuality anytime soon...

In the current climate of X-Men books not a single character has had a deeply personal story arc in years. If this were during the years where every character had a story or plot thread being built on then sure whatever give Iceman a boyfriend and continue implying that every heterosexual with bad relationships is secretly closeted....i'd love to see the level of debate on both sides on such a subject.

But now, it seems like this just doesn't fit. The X-Men can't even get "aliens killed my family and now i have to face them" right, they're failing at basic supervillain drama and don't know what to do whenever they achieve an instance of tension between characters. It just seems like this will be turned into "Bobby is gay now, so read this gay story" when it should be handled as "6 things happened to the X-Men today, oh and Bobby embarks on a personal journey".

I've given up on the idea that Marvel will be interesting enough to make one Iceman gay and another straight...(they'd probably be condemmed for the implications) but romance is a gimmick, to the point that it's an after thought in most hero titles....maybe this should be treated the same for a while

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@teerack: Can I make the same thread on another site?

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

She was last seen in the character arc of Amazing X-Men during the storyline of the Quest for Nightcrawler. She helped the X-Men investigate the weird machine that led to the afterlife. It seems that Jason Aaron and Marjorie Liu are the only ones who ever focused on her. Aaron made her actions comedic while Liu humanized her and showed a sensitive, caring, and curious side about her. I really appreciated that.

Its funny that you mentioned that because in Marjorie Liu's Astonishing X-Men run, it was hinted that Warbird and Karma was going to get in a relationship, thus it would make Warbird bisexual. I would have liked to see them becoming a couple and stuff. By the way Warbird was complimenting Karma on her fighting style, I was expecting a little romance.......................

Anyway, but that was another series written by a different writer. In Amazing X-Men, Warbird was back to flirting with/sexually harassing Iceman, although it confused me because why in the world would she still be attracted to Iceman? I thought she was done with him after he tried to freeze the whole world to death? But this just goes to show you that different writers have plans for each characters. I am pretty sure if Astonishing X-Men continued Warbird and Karma would have became a couple because Marjorie hinted that Karma was supposed to get a girlfriend soon.

Duzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait Bobby is gay? I guess it's not the Orignal X men than since the Future Ice man is totally not gay.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@duzz said:

Wait Bobby is gay? I guess it's not the Orignal X men than since the Future Ice man is totally not gay.

It is the teenage iceman from the Original X-Men of the mainstream Marvel universe (Earth-616).

Duzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's what it was billed as, but if O5 Bobby is gay than that mean that O5 that they took was not the Orignal five of 616 but probably 616A since Bobby is clearly not gay in the main timeline while teen bobby from 616 A is. Gay-ism is not a "phase"

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@duzz: When O5 Scott died adult Scott faded from existence, when O5 Scott was resurrected, adult Scott existed again. They are the same Bobby. An adult repressing their orientation their entire life is not New nor impossible.