Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) 10 months, 21 days ago

Poll: Who's the most powerful X-Man/Women in this list? (45 votes)

Iceman 40%
Professor X 20%
Cyclops 4%
Wolverine 7%
Storm 7%
Emma Frost 4%
Kitty Pryde 0%
Colossusnaut 18%

Reason why, and also who's power would you want?

#1 Edited by Rickbarry (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

Kind of a lopsided poll in my opinion. Colossalnaut was ridiculously overpowered when he cut loose.

#2 Edited by dbatdog (530 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix. But he's not in the list so its Professor X.

#3 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4188 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman or Xavier. No one else on this list comes close.

also, you don't have to say "X-man/woman", they're all X-men.

X-man isn't exclusive from wo-man, it's to distinguish from hu-man.

#4 Edited by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Iceman can wipe out this entire group. He would have to catch Xavier in his sleep though. Good thing Chuck is already dead.

#5 Posted by Backflip (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman. If in any doubt as to this claim. Just read the latest arc of Astonishing.

#6 Posted by Vascillator (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah most definately Iceman, he's playing in his own league as it is atm.

#7 Edited by Rickbarry (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

@vascillator: @backflip: @knighthood: How can Iceman stop a fully powered Avatar of Cyttorak? It's not like he can freeze him or anything. Colossus is capable of growing to whatever size Bobby can and doesn't tire. -Shrugs.- He has no way of harming him unless Colossus allows it.

#8 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4188 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: throw him into space?

wait.. why can't he freeze him?

#9 Posted by Vascillator (54 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: Even if they can't really hurt each other at best, that still leaves Iceman with a hundred other different abilities. As much as i love the Juggernaut, an avatar of Cyttorak is just a walking brick that can be easily bf-removed or, on the grand scale that Bobby could operate on, ignored.

#10 Posted by Rickbarry (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

@vascillator: Unless the original poster is giving Bobby the death seed to augment his powers...he'd eventually tire against someone like Juggernaut.

@oldnightcrawler: I dunno if Bobby can throw him into space. I know Magneto did, but he was unconscious after UNIT hypnotized him or whatever it is he does. I can't see him being able to do that...being supposedly unstoppable whenever he sets his mind to something. As far as the freezing thing goes? Colossus has been exposed to the deep cold and vacuum of outer space without showing any ill effects. The only time I recall cold being able to effect him involve someone dropping liquid nitrogen on him after he had been super heated to a few thousand degrees. I'd assume the Juggernaut amp only heightens his natural resistance to temperature extremes.

#11 Posted by Joygirl (18133 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: Nope, sorry. If the "-man" stood for human, they would be called the "X-Mans". Since they are, in fact, the "X-Men", it is obviously gender related. Unless we started calling humans humen and nobody ever told me.

#12 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4188 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@oldnightcrawler: Nope, sorry. If the "-man" stood for human, they would be called the "X-Mans". Since they are, in fact, the "X-Men", it is obviously gender related. Unless we started calling humans humen and nobody ever told me.

Man, or men was originally just synonymous for a human or person (as in mankind).

Woman (which basically means wife-man, man who can bear children) denotes gender; man does not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woman#Etymology

#13 Edited by IIDEADxPOOLII (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

A fight between Bobby and Colossus would more than likely end in a stalemate.

#14 Posted by Vascillator (54 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: Mystique even mentioned that the death shard didnt augment Bobby's power. I think when he manages to freeze whole earth, take on Thor, have loads of duplicates running around and whatnot at the same time, hell manage a Juggernaut without getting tired.

Besides that the Avatar or Cyttorak is maybe unstoppable but not immovable so i dont think a battlefield removal would be much of a problem, has been done before a lot (recent fight with Skaar for example).

Also the original question here is who is most powerful not who could beat who, and those powers Iceman has showed recently (freezing Eath, teleport at will, duplicates, fighting like an ice-green lantern etc.) put him in a whole different league imo.

#15 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

well iceman's the only omega ranked there, but colossus has...ugh magic which can be just as powerful as the fruity pebbly fairy's want it to be, so I can't really guess on him

#16 Posted by Rickbarry (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: Mystique even mentioned that the death shard didnt augment Bobby's power. I think when he manages to freeze whole earth, take on Thor, have loads of duplicates running around and whatnot at the same time, hell manage a Juggernaut without getting tired.

Besides that the Avatar or Cyttorak is maybe unstoppable but not immovable so i dont think a battlefield removal would be much of a problem, has been done before a lot (recent fight with Skaar for example).

Also the original question here is who is most powerful not who could beat who, and those powers Iceman has showed recently (freezing Eath, teleport at will, duplicates, fighting like an ice-green lantern etc.) put him in a whole different league imo.

How could it not augment his power? The death seed is Celestial technology and it's comparable to the Phoenix Force on some levels. It augments everyone elses power, but for some reason when it gets in Bobby it doesn't do anything to him? Mystique is clearly playing him. It's what she does. She manipulates people. So that leaves us with two options. Bobby is capable of soloing The Phoenix next time it comes about or Mystique is lying and simply playing him.

#17 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@vascillator: Unless the original poster is giving Bobby the death seed to augment his powers...he'd eventually tire against someone like Juggernaut.

@oldnightcrawler: I dunno if Bobby can throw him into space. I know Magneto did, but he was unconscious after UNIT hypnotized him or whatever it is he does. I can't see him being able to do that...being supposedly unstoppable whenever he sets his mind to something. As far as the freezing thing goes? Colossus has been exposed to the deep cold and vacuum of outer space without showing any ill effects. The only time I recall cold being able to effect him involve someone dropping liquid nitrogen on him after he had been super heated to a few thousand degrees. I'd assume the Juggernaut amp only heightens his natural resistance to temperature extremes.

Death seed isn't needed. Didn't they mentioned the seed didn't augment his power is just altered his mind?

Absolute zero then draw the moisture from his brain. Colossus cannot win. Even if he Colossus lands a blow Bobby can just reform.

#18 Posted by Vascillator (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the whole last issue of Astonishing X-Men hes not even in posession of the death seed anymore. So it either must have changed him permanently (which it didnt do with Mystique) or she is telling the truth.

#19 Edited by IIDEADxPOOLII (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

Bobby wouldn't be able to do anything to a fully powered avatar of Cyttorak and Colossus could decapitate Bobby and it wouldn't do a damn thing. The fight would end in a stalemate.

#20 Posted by chiq (1899 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman, prof X or Colossus w/ gem.

#21 Posted by time (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

professor X and Storm.

#22 Posted by DrunkVader (794 posts) - - Show Bio

really?.....you people seriously believe anybody on that list is more powerful than emma frost freakin hell read the comics first then get on the forums

#23 Posted by CheeseSticks (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

It's between Colossusnaut and Iceman.

#24 Edited by time (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

@drunkvader said:

really?.....you people seriously believe anybody on that list is more powerful than emma frost freakin hell read the comics first then get on the forums

Storm is, she already beaten her in X-Treme X-Men and fully powered professor X will also beat her. Maybe your should read the comics.

The top three above are

1) Professor X

2) Storm

3) Iceman/ Emma Frost/Colossusnaut

#25 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@drunkvader said:

Storm is, she already beaten her in X-Treme X-Men and fully powered professor X will also beat her. Maybe your should read the comics.

The top three above are

1) Professor X

2) Storm

Prof X is dead, Colossusnaut no longer exists...

Storm, How so? Couldn't Bobby just freeze her solid in the sky? Wouldn't she get claustrophobic freak out and fall to her death?

Much of her power uses moisture. She'd have to focus on lightning and wind to fight Bobby.

#26 Edited by time (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood: Your right charles is dead, but what if he wasn't. What if he was alive, he still a powerful telepath

Storm can create tornadoes, lighting bolts and she can change the temperature. She also could shield herself with tornadoes, she done that before. She could probley block Iceman attacks.

Emma could beat Iceman, she can just control him, she done that before.

#27 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Bobby controls moisture which is everywhere. There is nothing for Storm to block. He can freeze her heart solid and game over. I think Bobby can be taken down by a psychic attack.

#28 Edited by time (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Bobby controls moisture which is everywhere. There is nothing for Storm to block. He can freeze her heart solid and game over. I think Bobby can be taken down by a psychic attack.

Well to be fair, that's if he can reach her heart.

#29 Posted by DrunkVader (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@drunkvader said:

The top three above are

1) Professor X

2) Storm

what about the time emma frost took off her shirt

#30 Posted by FrostChild (20 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair to the whole Iceman vs Storm debate we don't really know what Storm would be like if she "cut loose". Storm and Bobby operate on the same level of power when it comes to thermal energy. Obviously Iceman has more fine control over it i.e. ice duplicated. But in terms of raw power which would freeze the Earth I don't see why Storm couldn't do the same thing.

I believe it was in UxM#460-something where Storm had her mind taken over by a corrupted Rachel who wanted to destroy the world by creating a new Ice age. While it was said that it would kill Storm if she tried to stop we don't know what would happen if she actually wanted to destroy the Earth. But we know Storm has the raw power to do it if she put her mind to it.

Not to mention that thermal energy control is just one of the types of energy she controls.

-- But to be on topic this is my list in terms of who I think is more powerful alive or dead at normal power lvls which is why I wont include Colossus/juggernaut.

-Professor X/Storm -Imo this would be an awesome battle. Storm has incredible psychic defenses and of course Xavier is a powerful telepath.

-Emma Frost

-Iceman

-Cyclops

-Wolverine

-Kitty Pryde

#31 Posted by Vascillator (54 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@knighthood said:

He doesnt need to reach her, one thought and she's an ice column. Also he seems to be able to spread out his consciousness across the ice he controls, making him much more resistant to psychic attacks (otherwise he would have been really easy taken down in Astonishing)

#32 Posted by Dman1366 (542 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a joke right? I think it has been stated that Bobby doesn't control moisture, he controls atomic movement. Countless times he has brought the temperature to absolute zero, which, by definition, is when all atomic movement stops. He also has learned to spread his consciousness across whatever distance he wants, and in whatever avatar he creates. He can destroy anyone in a single thought, though he wouldn't. He is a big Teddy Bear, he would rather make out with Kitty and control massive Voltron avatars. By this personal definition, I think that Emma Frost is the most capable of being terrible. Iceman is the most powerful, but has the most conviction out of the Omega Level Mutants.

#33 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366 said:

This is a joke right? I think it has been stated that Bobby doesn't control moisture, he controls atomic movement. Countless times he has brought the temperature to absolute zero, which, by definition, is when all atomic movement stops. He also has learned to spread his consciousness across whatever distance he wants, and in whatever avatar he creates. He can destroy anyone in a single thought, though he wouldn't. He is a big Teddy Bear, he would rather make out with Kitty and control massive Voltron avatars. By this personal definition, I think that Emma Frost is the most capable of being terrible. Iceman is the most powerful, but has the most conviction out of the Omega Level Mutants.

Tbf, I'd rather make out with Kitty and control Voltron avatars than do a lot of the stuff I could do with that power....

#34 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by Rickbarry (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood: Colossus has no internal organs when transformed. He's essentially an otherworldly element when he shifted. It's why he's so resistant to heat, cold, magic and telepathy. As an avatar of Cyttorak it's amped up exponentially. (Save for magic and telepathy)

@vascillator:I suppose we can agree to disagree on Bobby tiring after a prolonged fight, but I think we're on the same page that neither can win by conventional means.

@frostchild: Why wouldn't you include Juggerlossus? The poster put him in the poll so by definition of the thread itself you'd have to include him.

It's hard to predict what can kill Bobby. In some issues he can rumble with Thor and in others Nightcrawler can murderball him by dumping him in a furnace.

#36 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@knighthood said:

He doesnt need to reach her, one thought and she's an ice column. Also he seems to be able to spread out his consciousness across the ice he controls, making him much more resistant to psychic attacks (otherwise he would have been really easy taken down in Astonishing)

Thank you. That's what I was trying to explain.

@vascillator: An ice column won't be able to stop her.

She would be a column of ice. A popsicle. She's be dead.

@dman1366 said:

Sure he can drop temps, but he can manipulate moisture by freezing it, shaping it, putting his consciousness in it, and by teleporting great distances by essentially moving his consciousness into other forms of moisture (simultaneously if he wants to).

Here is a Marvel Comics Database wiki...

Hydrokinesis: Iceman can use surrounding moisture to augment himself, allowing him to travel within large bodies of water very quickly. He accomplishes this by breaking himself down to his base levels and reforming at the destination. He is able to convert his body to gigantic proportions as well, through absorption of a body of water or water vapor in the air. One side effect of this is he gains superhuman strength to match his superhuman size. Wherever there is any moisture, Iceman is a threat. Iceman has demonstrated the ability to be transformed into nothing more than water vapor, yet remain conscious and retain the use of his powers. His conscious control of his abilities has allowed him to exist simultaneously in two places at once.

#37 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood: Is this to do with the temperature or the physical state that she'd be in ?

#38 Posted by BullPR (659 posts) - - Show Bio

The most powerful doesn't mean who will win ONE particular battle.

Iceman is the more powerful. But could lose badly against a TP.

#39 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood: Is this to do with the temperature or the physical state that she'd be in ?

Both. Bobby can freeze her body solid with a mere thought. Every ounce of blood, spit, cerebrospinal fluid and other bodily fluids would be frozen within a second or less. She'd be dead. Not that I want that to happen, or that Bobby is that cruel.

#40 Posted by Rickbarry (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

@bullpr said:

The most powerful doesn't mean who will win ONE particular battle.

Iceman is the more powerful. But could lose badly against a TP.

You do have a point. I suppose the best way to judge the character would be based on how they would fare against everyone on the list. Emma is uniquely familiar with his mind correct? I imagine she or Xavier could blink him off with surprising ease.

#41 Edited by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

I kept thinking of this scene during this thread, but I could remember what issue it was in. This is what I imagine would happen to Colossusnaut.

#42 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane said:

Both. Bobby can freeze her body solid with a mere thought. Every ounce of blood, spit, cerebrospinal fluid and other bodily fluids would be frozen within a second or less. She'd be dead. Not that I want that to happen, or that Bobby is that cruel.

That probably wouldn't suffice. Storm's withstood Bobby's absolute zero temperatures with ease due to the advanced homeostatic physiology that her mutant powers grant her body, she simply adapts to any extreme temp changes internally and externally, so she'll be melting herself out of that, regardless, also, her consciousness would survive encasement. See RogueStorm.

#43 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood said:

@ageofhurricane said:

That probably wouldn't suffice. Storm's withstood Bobby's absolute zero temperatures with ease due to the advanced homeostatic physiology that her mutant powers grant her body, she simply adapts to any extreme temp changes internally and externally, so she'll be melting herself out of that, regardless, also, her consciousness would survive encasement. See RogueStorm.

Sounds like she should be Omega level.

#44 Posted by Rickbarry (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

I kept thinking of this scene during this thread, but I could remember what issue it was in. This is what I imagine would happen to Colossusnaut.

Absolute Zero did nothing to Juggernaut during Fear Itself. What is this from anyway? Colossus was space torpedoing himself in outer space in Cable & X-force not so long ago. He didn't seem all that brittle after being cooled down.

#45 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolute Zero did nothing to Juggernaut during Fear Itself. What is this from anyway? Colossus was space torpedoing himself in outer space in Cable & X-force not so long ago. He didn't seem all that brittle after being cooled down.

Uncanny X-Men 256

#46 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7499 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm.

Iceman is a random character to be so powerful.

#47 Posted by Rickbarry (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry said:

Uncanny X-Men 256

You realize that was a dream sequence issue, yes? The Mandarin or something was indoctrinating her or something along those lines.

#48 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

Professor Xavier.