Posted by 7474josh (5 posts) 8 months, 18 days ago

Poll: Who is your favorite current X-Men character (59 votes)

Kitty Pryde 5%
Cyclops 17%
Beast 3%
Ice Man 2%
Wolverine 10%
Magneto 14%
Angel 0%
Magik 14%
Rachel Summers 5%
Colossus 7%
Emma Frost 5%
Storm 8%
Nightcrawler 10%
#1 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4736 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler will always be my favorite, that's just how that goes.

Everyone else on that list would be tied for second place, except for Angel who I've just always found dull.

Also, you're missing quite a few current X-men from that list, most notably (for me) Jubilee, Northstar, M, Quire, Broo, Bling, and the Cuckoos.

#2 Posted by WestfriesianMan (287 posts) - - Show Bio

Psylocke

#3 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4736 posts) - - Show Bio

Psylocke

actually? or are you just saying that because she's not on the list?

#4 Posted by CheeseSticks (2537 posts) - - Show Bio

The master of Magnetism

#5 Edited by Koays (2309 posts) - - Show Bio

this is hard.....um Cyclops, NO no Magik, no I mean Rachel,.....Magneto?

screw it. Morph

#6 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3600 posts) - - Show Bio

Magik

#7 Posted by McKlayn (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler will always be my favorite, that's just how that goes.

Everyone else on that list would be tied for second place, except for Angel who I've just always found dull.

Also, you're missing quite a few current X-men from that list, most notably (for me) Jubilee, Northstar, M, Quire, Broo, Bling, and the Cuckoos.

maybe thats why i like you so much lol, he was always mine but Cyclops is right up there and i actually kind of like Angel :-p

#8 Posted by HAWK2916 (1899 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont really have one character I can just say is my favorite, there are quite a few that I really like. If I just had to pick as far as voting goes, it would be Cyclops.

#9 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4736 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: or maybe I'm just a likable guy :v

and I do like Angel, I just don't consider him a favorite compared to anyone else on that list; he's a long way from my least favorite X-man. If he's around, cool, if he's not, I don't miss him.

#10 Posted by Moonlighterstone (336 posts) - - Show Bio

Beside Cyclops and Magik, I voted for Magneto. Yup, Magneto's always been my Favorite character. Charismatic dark-grey-on-the-scale-of evil villains are chick magnets, what can I say? He's a badass.

#11 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10660 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm. She is not at the level that made me a mega-fan of the character, NOW has been rather hit or miss for me for most of the x-characters I like, but Storm is still far and away my favorite.

#12 Edited by Cutter (851 posts) - - Show Bio

Beside Cyclops and Magik, I voted for Magneto. Yup, Magneto's always been my Favorite character. Charismatic dark-grey-on-the-scale-of evil villains are chick magnets, what can I say? He's a badass.

This....

#13 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Of those listed, Magik seems to be the one they're doing the most interesting things with (without going totally out of character).

#14 Edited by Djainess (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Magik and Cyclops probably have had the best developement the last few years. Kind of have been in love with Kitty ever since astonishing X-men though :p.

#15 Edited by Roddy010 (5310 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm. She is not at the level that made me a mega-fan of the character, NOW has been rather hit or miss for me for most of the x-characters I like, but Storm is still far and away my favorite.

This...

#16 Edited by CYCLOPS_WAS_RIGHT (28 posts) - - Show Bio

cyclops

thank god wolverine is not winning this poll

#17 Posted by Xwraith (19436 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of these, Nightcrawler.

#18 Posted by Wolverine08 (43801 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine.

#19 Posted by Wolverine08 (43801 posts) - - Show Bio

cyclops

thank god wolverine is not winning this poll

The Cyclops fan is strong in this one.

#20 Posted by CYCLOPS_WAS_RIGHT (28 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by Jphu8414 (3849 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Magneto (Just too boss)

2. Nightcrawler (So happy to see him again!)

3. Wolverine (Consistent across all the titles he's in, solos have been good)

4. Magik (Don't know why but I just like her)

5. Storm (She's awesome, and dat mohawk)

#22 Posted by fisheypixels (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast is and always will be my favorite comic character. And character in general. With Rocket Raccoon close behind. But that's a different story.

I also have to give a shout out to Kitty for being the best female character. (thanks to Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run), Young Iceman (haven't read the newer X-Men enough to know much about normal iceman), and Nightcrawler because, well you know.

#23 Posted by Rabidwolfdog (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Magik , for the reasons of being untapped potential. Plus I'd like to see her on a better team.

#24 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1683 posts) - - Show Bio

It's always Wolverine.

#25 Edited by Lee_Everett (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops. I feel that he was screwed over in the movies just like Beast, Jean Grey, Storm, and basically every other character besides Wolverine.

#26 Posted by HexThis (903 posts) - - Show Bio

Of the selection I'd have to say Magik because she's so dark and strange that you don't even get the sense she is on Cyke & Emma's side for any particular reason other than they're the most power-crazed. She looks like a little girl yet she can kick anyone's ass and is much wiser than most other characters.

#27 Posted by Poze11 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Magneto Ha

#28 Edited by CheeseSticks (2537 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm happy to see Magneto, Nightcrawler, Magik and Cyke equal for the lead. Mags, Cyke and Magik are my three favorite.

Two things surprises me tho. Emma has no vote and Wolverine isn't winning.

#30 Posted by Ryagan (1249 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops is my current favorite. His character development has been really interesting. I just started reading All New X-Men, and I really like it so far. I also like how Jean Grey's being written.

#31 Posted by darthphoenix (840 posts) - - Show Bio

Rachel. Im starting to love the cuckoos and teen jean seems to have more character than her original self

#32 Posted by Farkam (4954 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops.

#33 Posted by devilsgrin81 (722 posts) - - Show Bio

There is only Storm

Emma, The Cuckoos, Sage, Iceman, Gambit and Psylocke.

Not a fave, but Cyclops is no longer the mutant/x-man i hate the most... thats now Wolverboring. I even like Cyke now.

#34 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4736 posts) - - Show Bio

Rachel. Im starting to love the cuckoos and teen jean seems to have more character than her original self

I'm not big into Jean Grey or the whole "O5" thing, but, yeah,teen Jean already seems more interesting than 60's, mid-80's, or 90's Jean.

#35 Posted by LightPsyche (77 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Beast (I am a fan of the Silver Age characters, most notably the super-genius intellects that Stan Lee co-created in this era so the genius of the X-founders gets my vote).

I do not like Magneto's place in the X-Men; much preferable to have him go back to villain-status IMO.

#36 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4736 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Beast (I am a fan of the Silver Age characters, most notably the super-genius intellects that Stan Lee co-created in this era so the genius of the X-founders gets my vote).

I like how each of the original X-men can be seen as a character Xavier would recruit to fulfill one of his functions as leader: Cyclops for his dedication to the cause, Beast for his intelligence, Jean for her powers, Angel for his wealth, and Iceman for his.. ..uh.. ..uh, basically so they could run the team without him if need be.

anyway, it was kind of like Beast was the other genius of the X-founders, since Xavier himself is supposed to be a genius.

and who was the third Silver Age super-genius introduced in the first X-men story?

#37 Posted by JakeN7 (12738 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine, OG Iceman, and OG Cyclops. Say what you will about the idea of time displaced X-Men, but these characters are a breath of fresh awesome.

Nightcrawler and Kitty Pryde are also up there.

#38 Edited by JakeN7 (12738 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: Iceman would be comic relief and morale-boosting witty (and unwitty) humor.

#39 Edited by LightPsyche (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler:

Sorry, I didn't understand what you meant for Iceman.

If you mean Magneto, him alongside Xavier are said to be gifted , but Beast was said to be super-genius (maybe not back then, but this seems like the case now).

#40 Posted by numi (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus for me, I love what Hopeless did with him and wish it had gone on longer. He took him through his grief and anger and showed how he could come out of it and find himself again. Plus make the relationship with Domino actually work and keep with their characters.. yeah, give me another year of Dennis's writing, please!

After him, I'd say Magik is the most interesting to me and I'm enjoying her search for control and regret over things she's done. I can't wait to see what happens next with her.

#41 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

I have lots of favorites, but if I have to go with one of them it would be Colossus.

#42 Posted by HanBrolo1313 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Ice man all the way, he's a total bad ass but no one really appreciates how powerful he really is. Kinda like PC gaming >_<

#43 Posted by devilsgrin81 (722 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

Wolverine, OG Iceman, and OG Cyclops. Say what you will about the idea of time displaced X-Men, but these characters are a breath of fresh awesome.

Nightcrawler and Kitty Pryde are also up there.

i agree with you on O5 Iceman and O5 Cyclops, they're the best characters and most fresh and fun we've had in ages. O5 Jean... i mean boring... she's another Hope, who was another Jean... who was herself another Jean... bored now.

Oh, and is anyone else getting an even stronger gaydar ping of O5 Iceman than we get off regular Iceman?