• 93 results
#1 Edited by JROCK72 (412 posts) - - Show Bio

Who do you think is the worst X-Men of all time?

#2 Posted by TheMGR (194 posts) - - Show Bio

Worst in power or worst in personality

#3 Posted by Teerack (6254 posts) - - Show Bio
@themgr said:

Cypher wins on both accounts.

#4 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubilee or Rouge.

Just never cared for either that much.

#5 Edited by Juke (341 posts) - - Show Bio

Maggott, hands down

#6 Posted by Z3RO180 (6534 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Gray

#7 Posted by TheMGR (194 posts) - - Show Bio

Thunderbird

#8 Posted by McKlayn (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:
@themgr said:

His power is fucking awesome, just saying. never really liked his personality but power wise hes awesome

Does longneck or whatever count as an X man? Cause if so prolly him, if not Maggot is a good contender lol

#9 Edited by Teerack (6254 posts) - - Show Bio

Beak was really really really really lame when he had his "powers"...

post M-Day he was pretty cool though.

#10 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3102 posts) - - Show Bio

Maggot or Glob Herman

#11 Posted by waezi2 (7546 posts) - - Show Bio

Professor X

#12 Edited by SangriaMuffin (30 posts) - - Show Bio

If we are going by personality then the clear answer is Cyclops. Damn that guy is annoying.

#13 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Beak.

#14 Posted by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have to say...

#15 Posted by waezi2 (7546 posts) - - Show Bio

@princeimc: Oh, come on, what is wrong with Beak?

#16 Posted by JROCK72 (412 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say, I really disliked Skin. But Angel (not when he was Archangel) was really annoying.

#17 Edited by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:
@themgr said:

Cyclops embodies the X-Men. Well, up until Utopia/AvX, IMO.

@princeimc said:

Definitely Beak.

I dunno, he's pretty courageous, even if his power is pathetic. Psychologically he's a good X-Man, I'd argue.

Omerta. Average power and homophobic too.

Slipstream
Ink
Adam X - 90's at its worst...
Omega Sentinel - utter liability. Possessed/malfunctioned at least 3 times in the last five years.
Sunfire

#18 Edited by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock72 said:

I have to say, I really disliked Skin. But Angel (not when he was Archangel) was really annoying.

What was Skin like in terms of personality/character? I've never really read Gen X.

#19 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

Beak.......

#20 Posted by Teerack (6254 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by BaBaBoom (274 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:
@themgr said:

Cypher's powers are awesome and extremely useful in getting a high paying job. lol His personality is okay, it makes him stand out from the rest of the New Mutants. I wish Warlock could just stay as his armor though.

#22 Posted by crackerjack82 (2606 posts) - - Show Bio

#23 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor.

#25 Edited by waezi2 (7546 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by Crimsonlord53 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

Morph from the animated series almost made the show utter crap.

#27 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4560 posts) - - Show Bio

Joseph gets my vote for most contrived and redundant X-man. Just utterly pointless.

#28 Edited by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Joseph gets my vote for most contrived and redundant X-man. Just utterly pointless.

Oh, god, Joseph. What about Maggot and Cece Reyes?

Wraith

#29 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

Glob Herman

#31 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4560 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

I was never a Maggot fan, but at least he was distinct and somewhat original, even if he wasn't all that interesting.

Cecilia's actually one of my favorite X-men. I loved how she wasn't a fighter, and how she had such a refreshing perspective on the X-men's world. Her powers are pretty dull, but her personality's the thing I really like about her.

#32 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@john_valentine said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

I was never a Maggot fan, but at least he was distinct and somewhat original, even if he wasn't all that interesting.

Cecilia's actually one of my favorite X-men. I loved how she wasn't a fighter, and how she had such a refreshing perspective on the X-men's world. Her powers are pretty dull, but her personality's the thing I really like about her.

Largely indifferent to both; preferred Marrow. The fact that Cecilia just wanted to be a doctor, not mutant superhero, and was unable to have a normal life (despite looking perfectly normal) was probably the most interesting aspect of her character.

#33 Edited by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

Beak was really really really really lame when he had his "powers"...

post M-Day he was pretty cool though.

Turning Beak into your regular, square-jawed, muscular hero was the worst creative decision to ever hit the character. He was an average character at best post M-Day, losing everything that made him unique.

#34 Posted by Xwraith (18107 posts) - - Show Bio

A homophobic mutant? Really?

#35 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4560 posts) - - Show Bio

Largely indifferent to both; preferred Marrow. The fact that Cecilia just wanted to be a doctor, not mutant superhero, and was unable to have a normal life (despite looking perfectly normal) was probably the most interesting aspect of her character.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I liked about her, just that that gave her such a different perspective on the whole thing. She realized that she could help more people as a doctor than as a superhero, which in itself is still a pretty unique perspective for a mutant character to have.

Marrow I liked sometimes, but she was written pretty inconsistently overall.

#36 Posted by Teerack (6254 posts) - - Show Bio

@john_valentine: He was a chicken man.... you think Beak was cool as a chicken man?

#38 Posted by BR_Havoc (1294 posts) - - Show Bio

I will go with Boom Boom heck or Emma Frost I can not stand that women.

#39 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1034 posts) - - Show Bio

Without a doubt jubilee

#40 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4560 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

@john_valentine: He was a chicken man.... you think Beak was cool as a chicken man?

that's what was cool about him. He had no powers and was probably less useful to a superhero team than a regular human, but that's what made him distinct and interesting. He was a mutant who posed absolutely no danger, yet still had to deal with some of the worst discrimination; so in that way, I think he showed a different side of the X-men's mission than we generally get to see, and that's more than what a lot of more useful or powerful characters do.

#41 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

@john_valentine said:

A homophobic mutant? Really?

Yep.

@teerack said:

that's what was cool about him. He had no powers and was probably less useful to a superhero team than a regular human, but that's what made him distinct and interesting. He was a mutant who posed absolutely no danger, yet still had to deal with some of the worst discrimination; so in that way, I think he showed a different side of the X-men's mission than we generally get to see, and that's more than what a lot of more useful or powerful characters do.

Plus, y'know, was pretty damn heroic in spirit.

#42 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4560 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

@teerack said:

oh, absolutely. That was what made him likable.

#43 Posted by UltimateJonathan (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope Summers

#44 Posted by waezi2 (7546 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_ said:

Jubilee or Rouge.

Just never cared for either that much.

Rogue.

@z3ro180 said:

Jean Gray

Jean Grey.

At least get their names right. (yes, I am being THAT person).

@john_valentine said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@teerack said:

oh, absolutely. That was what made him likable.

I really do love Beak. It was the whole package -- where he came from, his thought process, his attitude and how he kept people together. Beast said part of his mutant power was his ability to make friends -- sounds kind of corny, but it was true. How he and Angel (the girl, not the guy) managed to get along I will never know. Plus -- as weird as it was, it touched on teenage pregnancy although it wasn't taken all that seriously (outside of being harried by the responsibility of it all). Now that I think about it, I didn't enjoy Angel (the girl, not the guy) very much.

Outside of that, I would say Joseph. Just...no.

#46 Edited by Xwraith (18107 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope Summers

I always say that she's not a character as much as a walking plot device.

#47 Posted by Z3RO180 (6534 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Sir you have made a not really that powerful enemie

#48 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

People always forget the fact that a mutation does not mean that they'll be like the X-Men, heroes who use their awesome powers to defend the weak and their people and uphold justice and their rights. I felt that during Morrison's run, he really delved into the mutation aspect of the theme of the X-Men. Mutation was an evolution. Whether it was a kid with a bird-like appearance but no bird-like powers, or a man who's mutation is only blue skin, or a kid who's neck is abnormally tall, or a man that can turn his skin translucent, the point is that not all mutations have to be cool or heroic that could help humanity or stop crime, they could be disfigured, bothersome, or unappealing. So claiming that Beak was the "worst x-man" is an understatement because he was never meant to be one of the mutants who's powers could be used offensively to fight evil, he was a great x-man who showed us that not all mutants' mutations are pretty or useful.

#49 Edited by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Didn't even notice... shows you how much I care. :)

#50 Posted by BaBaBoom (274 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always believed that Beak losing his "powers" is his reward for all the things he had done with all he can.