Edited 1 year, 5 days ago

Poll: Who is the better couple (43 votes)

Emma and Scott 44%
Jean and Scott 40%
Scott only better with himself. 5%
Neither of them, there both boring. 12%

What couple do you prefer. Who is the better couple.

#1 Posted by HolySerpent (12568 posts) - - Show Bio

boring

#2 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11745 posts) - - Show Bio

JEAN AND SCOTT!!!!

#3 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma and Scott is better. More entertaining at least.

Plus if Jean is coming back she really, really needs to fly solo and establish herself because right now her plot points are played out (or have been picked up by spinoff characters).

#4 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott and Emma

Jean and Superman

#5 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1273 posts) - - Show Bio

Hasn't this thread existed like 40 times already??

#6 Posted by Robert2928 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly as much as I used to loved Scott and Jean being together I think they are better off apart (as in keeping her dead) Jean Grey served her purpose in Scott's life and her return only backtracks the character development he has gone through. The way I see it Jean's death brought Cyclops out of his shell forcing him to live on after losing the love of his life. Not every story ends with a happy ending especially in love/relationships. For those who have lost a loved one "moving on" is a display of true strength. Phoenix's resurrection constantly kills Cyclops character development because he will regress back into his "boyscout" character. I believe the overall theme is, "Cherish the past but live in the present."

Initially I didn't like Cyclops with Emma (and part of nostalgia still doesn't like it and is glad they are apart) but she is a better fit for who he has become. Emma respected Cyclops' past and helped him to continue with getting on with his life post-Phoenix otherwise Cyclops would just live in the past and, ultimately, become stale as a character (Kinda like Reed Richards and Sue Storm. They aren't the most exciting lol) This situation is kind of similar to Spider-Man, Gwen Stacy and MJ. They Grieving alone sucks however it sucks less when grieving together with someone. Cyclops needs to be alone until the time when he eventually finds someone to help him grieve. Whether it's Emma or with someone else in order to continue the development of his character.

I would not recommend Cyclops and Jean together unless the writer respects the growth each character has made and NOT return both characters to "how things used to be." I'm talking about exploring their "new" relationship and how characters like Wolverine, Emma Frost, the X-Men etc. are affected. If a talented writer tackles the issue it could be interesting however considering the track record I wouldn't recommend it.

In my opinion until a writer pairs Cyclops with someone who can advance his character development he is better off by himself.

#7 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3364 posts) - - Show Bio

jean and scott

#8 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma and Scott.

#9 Posted by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (314 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont know there both ok......i love and hate emma and scott and i love scott and jean but no one like them because they like emma and scott

#10 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4819 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Squares (6909 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by comicbookfan93 (411 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott will soon start dating 16-year old Scott I'm sure of it

#13 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3364 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott will soon start dating 16-year old Scott I'm sure of it

lol they should just clone him and have him date all the girls/ladies

#14 Posted by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio

the 3rd option is creepy with these days' events.

#15 Posted by Robert2928 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

@turel_hash_ak_gik: You know you have a good point lol For the record I meant "himeslf" as in alone, single, not in relationship especially with a younger you!!!XD

#16 Posted by HAWK2916 (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Emma and Scott the best. Never get tired of Emma in her lingerie lol. Of Jean comes back I honestly wish her and Logan would just get together.

#17 Edited by xchaix (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean!!!!!! that's what happens when Jean and Scott gets together. Is that what you people want?

#18 Edited by slimlim (264 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916 said:

I like Emma and Scott the best. Never get tired of Emma in her lingerie lol. Of Jean comes back I honestly wish her and Logan would just get together.

Jean and Logan?

urgh. no. never.

#19 Posted by HAWK2916 (1826 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3364 posts) - - Show Bio

lol jean's outfit looks like rags and a mummified mummy

#21 Posted by Manchine (4173 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops is never good with a villain. Emma will always be a villain to me.

#22 Edited by Rickbarry (1798 posts) - - Show Bio

I always will roll with Scott and Emma, but there are better X relationships out there, folks!

#23 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean or your wrong

#24 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (4173 posts) - - Show Bio

@robert2928:

Honestly as much as I used to loved Scott and Jean being together I think they are better off apart (as in keeping her dead) Jean Grey served her purpose in Scott's life and her return only backtracks the character development he has gone through. The way I see it Jean's death brought Cyclops out of his shell forcing him to live on after losing the love of his life. Not every story ends with a happy ending especially in love/relationships. For those who have lost a loved one "moving on" is a display of true strength. Phoenix's resurrection constantly kills Cyclops character development because he will regress back into his "boyscout" character. I believe the overall theme is, "Cherish the past but live in the present."

He showed no such strength, he actually never moved on and left the Xmen and Emma, it was Jean that showed strength by letting him go and pushing him to move on. This is what caused him to stay with Emma and the Xmen and now he is a "villain" as a result.

Initially I didn't like Cyclops with Emma (and part of nostalgia still doesn't like it and is glad they are apart) but she is a better fit for who he has become. Emma respected Cyclops' past and helped him to continue with getting on with his life post-Phoenix otherwise Cyclops would just live in the past and, ultimately, become stale as a character (Kinda like Reed Richards and Sue Storm. They aren't the most exciting lol) This situation is kind of similar to Spider-Man, Gwen Stacy and MJ. They Grieving alone sucks however it sucks less when grieving together with someone. Cyclops needs to be alone until the time when he eventually finds someone to help him grieve. Whether it's Emma or with someone else in order to continue the development of his character.

Scott had already dropped his boy scout character after being merged with Apocalypse and that had nothing to do with Emma, he was already on a darker path before she started the affair with him. Her presence in his life never helped him move on from Jean, so much so that it was her fear that Jean could come back at anytime and take him from her, which is why she tried to kill Hope thinking she was Jean during Fear Itself. Jean is/was always on his mind even while with Emma. Jean is/was the love of his life, Emma was just the love of his moment without Jean, just like Maddie and Colleen Wing were, and all three of those women know that and two of them hate Jean because of it.

#25 Posted by Your_Friendly_Azn (324 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott and Logan should be an option here.

#26 Posted by Rickbarry (1798 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

Jean or your wrong

If I'm wrong I don't wanna be right!

#27 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3364 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

Jean or your wrong

lol

#28 Posted by time (5048 posts) - - Show Bio

boring

@kgb725 said:

Jean or your wrong

@robert2928:

He showed no such strength, he actually never moved on and left the Xmen and Emma, it was Jean that showed strength by letting him go and pushing him to move on. This is what caused him to stay with Emma and the Xmen and now he is a "villain" as a result.

Scott had already dropped his boy scout character after being merged with Apocalypse and that had nothing to do with Emma, he was already on a darker path before she started the affair with him. Her presence in his life never helped him move on from Jean, so much so that it was her fear that Jean could come back at anytime and take him from her, which is why she tried to kill Hope thinking she was Jean during Fear Itself. Jean is/was always on his mind even while with Emma. Jean is/was the love of his life, Emma was just the love of his moment without Jean, just like Maddie and Colleen Wing were, and all three of those women know that and two of them hate Jean because of it.

@kgb725 said:

Jean or your wrong

@hawk2916 said:

@slimlim:

Yes, yes!! Why not?

@emequious_swerve said:

yes

i dont know there both ok......i love and hate emma and scott and i love scott and jean but no one like them because they like emma and scott

@fodigg said:

Plus if Jean is coming back she really, really needs to fly solo and establish herself because right now her plot points are played out (or have been picked up by spinoff characters).

Hey guys I created three different lists, where I listed the best covers for the x-ladies. I hope you guys can check them out. Here are the links

Covers for X-Ladies : Part 1.

Covers for X-Ladies : Part 2.

Covers for X-Ladies : Part 3.

#29 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@holyserpent said:

boring

@rickbarry said:

@kgb725 said:

Jean or your wrong

@your_friendly_azn said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@robert2928:

@kgb725 said:

Jean or your wrong

@hawk2916 said:

@slimlim:

Yes, yes!! Why not?

@ellie_knightfall said:

@emequious_swerve said:

yes

@the_goddess_of_chaos said:

@fodigg said:

Hey guys I created three different lists, where I listed the best covers for the x-ladies. I hope you guys can check them out. Here are the links

Covers for X-Ladies : Part 1.

Covers for X-Ladies : Part 2.

Covers for X-Ladies : Part 3.

So are you looking for feedback or...?

#30 Posted by PhoenixEgg (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean and Wolverine or Jean by herself, duh.

#31 Posted by Robert2928 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

@robert2928:

Before I reply I see you are speaking of New X-Men which I have purchased but not read yet but this is a miscommunication.

I was talking about in uncanny (post Dark Phoenix saga) when Cyclops moved on. He did find a wife and start a family...technically (despite the "clone" and other things) he did move on. Even in your example from New X-Men he left Emma and the X-Men and moved on. Being an X-Men defines Cyclops, it's his purpose. Leaving the X-Men is technically moving on.

True post merger with apocalypse he was darker however I believe through Emma they (the writers) explored Scott's character more. I believe their chemistry in Astonishing X-Men was the first step in a post-Jean Grey life. However for one reason or another, most likely money lol, Marvel decided to split them up post Avenger vs X-Men. Marvel Girl/Jean Grey/Phoenix is a popular character in Marvel (She made her way into the limited roster of Marvel vs Capcom 3 after all) so she will not remain dead which, ultimately, means Scott's and Jean's relationship will likely not die. Not so much as it's a "good relationship" but rather a profitable relationship for Marvel. I would imagine the "Scott,Logan and Jean love triangle" keeps a buzz going for the characters. For example the mere thought of Jean Grey causing friction between Cyclops and Wolverine in Astonishing X-Men, Schism, etc.

So yeah I would imagine it would be difficult for Scott to move on if his "dead" girlfriend keeps coming back to life. I would argue that continues to happen because Marvel Girl/Jean Grey/Phoenix is a popular character and one of Marvel's "cash cows." They say sex sells and I would imagine controversy sells as well. Every time Phoenix comes up a controversy is sure to follow.