#1 Posted by departed402 (549 posts) - - Show Bio

 

You really don't see a lot of Remy in the battle forums. So I got to wondering, who is on Gambit's level, who is above him, and below him? Feel free to list chacaters from other Universes too. (please don't give ridiculous answers like OAA or Magic Carp)

#2 Posted by departed402 (549 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay getting more specific, we'll divide it into normal Gambit, and Death Gambit.
#3 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7306 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know who he's on par with but i have to say, Remy looks so damn cool in that pic O.O.

#4 Edited by stumpy49er (611 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't this be in the Gambit forum?
 
Funny, I was just having a conversation with my friend about Gambit vs. Sabretooth. My friend at first was saying Gambit wouldn't stand a chance, but I convinced him that if Gambit was carrying knives (which I'm sure he does from time to time) Gambit could actualy kill Sabretooth. Think about it. If Gambit threw a kinectically charged knife to the eye (Franky style) it would explode in Sabretooths head, likely killing even him.
Really, Gambits powers could take down a lot of the big boys, including Wolverine. Gambit could just kinetically charge Wolvies skeleton, causing him to explode and die.
Also, now that he's carrying the rifle, it definitely makes him more dangerous.
He could probably charge Omega Reds tentacles, though that'd probably kill them both.
p.s. I'm obviously a big Gambit fan, so I'll favor Gambit in almost any fight.

#5 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it depends on far Gambit is willing to go it that fight, Morals on or off whatever. 

#6 Edited by THUNDERBOLT30 (10770 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Gambit's pretty bada$$. He is among the best h2h fighters on Utopia (top 5 IMO), one of the more cunning and skilled, and is powerful, even without his death powers.If I could take the top 10 most powerful and skilled X-Men on Utopia, and rank him just based on powers and fighting ability (not factoring in his cunning and skills as a thief), I think he would make the cut, and would fall: 
 

Fighting Ability

 
 

Wolverine 
Deadpool   
Psylocke/Gambit - I think it would be an interesting fight between them...not sure who would win with pure fighting skill
X-23/Fantomex - Not sure who would take it between these two if no healing factor was involved
Storm/Cyclops 
Shadowcat 
Cannonball
Namor 
Colossus  
Archangel 
Hope - I think she could rank higher with more h2h showings
 
 
Energy Power Level 
 
Magneto 
Iceman 
Storm 
Emma  
Psylocke 
Dazzler 
Magma  
Gambit 
Cannonball 
Sunspot 

#7 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
I think Gambit's pretty bada$$. He is among the best h2h fighters on Utopia (top 5 IMO), one of the more cunning and skilled, and is powerful, even without his death powers.If I could take the top 10 most powerful and skilled X-Men on Utopia, and rank him just based on powers and fighting ability (not factoring in his cunning and skills as a thief), I think he would make the cut, and would fall: 
 

Fighting Ability

 
 

Wolverine 
Deadpool   
Psylocke/Gambit - I think it would be an interesting fight between them...not sure who would win with pure fighting skill
X-23/Fantomex - Not sure who would take it between these two if no healing factor was involved
Storm/Cyclops 
Shadowcat 
Cannonball
Namor 
Colossus  
Archangel 
Hope - I think she could rank higher with more h2h showings
 

Nah. Kitty is higher up than Cyke and Storm and I haven't seen anything H2H of Fantomex, but I'm skeptical of his position. I also doubt Namor isn't higher than Cannonball. X23 is also quite high, but her position seems good. Gambit is lower though.
#8 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10770 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp
Not to derail the thread but what has Shadowcat done to be above Cyclops or Storm in h2h? I can't recall any h2h feats that puts her above them. Having moderate expertise in martial arts isn't enough. Fantomex has had some good h2h showings in x-force recently. Gambit could be below Psylocke but I also haven't seen her pull off h2h feats that Gambit hasn't done himself to see that she would be above him. Both had some decent showings with fighting against Wolverine ( though I think both would lose to him). Namor could be higher than Sam. He doesn't seem to employ much in the way of skill or technique. the appearances I have of him is more about strength and force.
#9 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
@ReVamp: Not to derail the thread but what has Shadowcat done to be above Cyclops or Storm in h2h? I can't recall any h2h feats that puts her above them. Having moderate expertise in martial arts isn't enough. Fantomex has had some good h2h showings in x-force recently. Gambit could be below Psylocke but I also haven't seen her pull off h2h feats that Gambit hasn't done himself to see that she would be above him. Both had some decent showings with fighting against Wolverine ( though I think both would lose to him). Namor could be higher than Sam. He doesn't seem to employ much in the way of skill or technique. the appearances I have of him is more about strength and force.
This is the problem with CV sometimes. Feats Feats Feats. Cyclops isn't trained in Martial Arts, his training is moderate. Shadowcat was trained in Martial Arts by that other dude (lol, can't remeber right now), this just isn't shown, plus her exposure has been limited recently. 
 
About Gambit and Psylocke I really don't have any comment. 
Namor should only be cause of experience he has in H2H, but he doesn't use much skill, in that you're right.
#10 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio
@stumpy49er
Bet he couldn't kill Sivler Surfer or Apocalypse :P
#11 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10770 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp
LOL....true. I have been on CV for so long that even when I have an impression or tiny curiousity of who I think would be better or more powerful....I instantly go into, "well what feats has so and so done to be above or on par with". It's a bad habit now.
#12 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
@ReVamp: LOL....true. I have been on CV for so long that even when I have an impression or tiny curiousity of who I think would be better or more powerful....I instantly go into, "well what feats has so and so done to be above or on par with". It's a bad habit now.
Not saying it isn't in theory a good idea, and there is a reason it is used here on CV. But just cause Silver Sufer has a scan of getting his a** handed to him by Black Panther doesn't mean Black Panther can beat him. I know it doesn't exactly have to do with what we're talking but, you get the idea. Feats have their limits.
#13 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
@departed402
It largely depends on who's WRITING him.
#14 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit kicks ass. He wields awesome power and he is underrated at times i think. he is also elusive so that helps his effectiveness in battle.

#15 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as fighting skills go, he's probably one of the best on Utopia, but I think Wolverine, Psylocke, and X-23 are more skilled than he is. He can definitely take on Shadowcat, Cyclops, and Fantomex in hand to hand combat (no powers).  
 
With powers, however, Gambit's probably one of the most dangerous on Utopia. Unfortunately Mr. Sinister lowered his potential, but he can still kick serious amounts of ass. On Utopia, he can probably beat (with his standard powers, weapons, and no morals): 
 Cyclops 
 Beast  
 Havok (maybe)
 Nightcrawler 
 Wolverine 
 Shadowcat 
 Domino 
 Fantomex 
  
I'd really like to see him fight Archangel and Psylocke. It'd be interesting to see how he'll try to fight Angel when he's airborne and I think Psylocke and Gambit are evenly matched. 

#16 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

I don't know who he's on par with but i have to say, Remy looks so damn cool in that pic O.O.

Love the harness in case he wants to go camping after defeating Apocalypse, again.

@Gambit1024 said:

As far as fighting skills go, he's probably one of the best on Utopia, but I think Wolverine, Psylocke, and X-23 are more skilled than he is. He can definitely take on Shadowcat, Cyclops, and Fantomex in hand to hand combat (no powers). With powers, however, Gambit's probably one of the most dangerous on Utopia. Unfortunately Mr. Sinister lowered his potential, but he can still kick serious amounts of ass. On Utopia, he can probably beat (with his standard powers, weapons, and no morals): Cyclops Beast Havok (maybe) Nightcrawler Wolverine Shadowcat Domino Fantomex I'd really like to see him fight Archangel and Psylocke. It'd be interesting to see how he'll try to fight Angel when he's airborne and I think Psylocke and Gambit are evenly matched.

Seems I'm alone in thinking Psylocke > Gambit. She has more... upper hands, than Remy.

#17 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized: You mean because she's a telepath, or something else?
#18 Posted by cattlebattle (13164 posts) - - Show Bio

I would put Gambit roughly 3rd tier
 
A-1 steak sauce fighters--Cap, Wolverine, Gorgon...crap like that 
2nd tier--Iron Fist, Daredevil
3rd tier--I would Gambit around here though he would definitely be at the top of the list

#19 Edited by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@pixelized: You mean because she's a telepath, or something else?

That's not really a factor with Gambit, but yes and her TK and Kwannon, everything.

#20 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
I would put Gambit roughly 3rd tier  A-1 steak sauce fighters--Cap, Wolverine, Gorgon...crap like that  2nd tier--Iron Fist, Daredevil 3rd tier--I would Gambit around here though he would definitely be at the top of the list
I wouldn't rank Iron Fist below Cap and Wolverine. But anyway, Gambit fought and stalemated Daredevil before.
#21 Posted by cattlebattle (13164 posts) - - Show Bio
@jrock85 said:
@cattlebattle said:
I would put Gambit roughly 3rd tier  A-1 steak sauce fighters--Cap, Wolverine, Gorgon...crap like that  2nd tier--Iron Fist, Daredevil 3rd tier--I would Gambit around here though he would definitely be at the top of the list
I wouldn't rank Iron Fist below Cap and Wolverine. But anyway, Gambit fought and stalemated Daredevil before.
Yes but was Daredevil fighting his brains out, It's always a matter of "holding back" whenever heroes fight each other, primarily so no hero looks better than another....unless its painfully obvious like Bob agent of Hydra vs Wolverine or something. My opinion, DD has beat Bullseye with a broken arm and has fought on on an even keel with Spider-Man, if he wanted to he could beat Gambit. Remy doesn't have that many great fighting feats.
 
Yeah I kind of wrote that in a hurry, Iron Fist is definitely in the same league as Daredevil though. with recent feats of some street levelers I wouldn't even know how to rank them anymore
#22 Edited by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle:
Actually, they were both kinda holding back. DD thought that Gambit was aiding Constrictor in a crime and was trying to bring him in, while Gambit was trying to prove to DD that they were on the same side. But like I said earlier, the fighting prowess of all these guys largely depends on who's writing them.
#23 Posted by cattlebattle (13164 posts) - - Show Bio
@jrock85 said:
@cattlebattle: Actually, they were both kinda holding back. DD thought that Gambit was aiding Constrictor in a crime and was trying to bring him in, while Gambit was trying to prove to DD that Gambit was on his side. But like I said earlier, the fighting prowess of all these guys largely depends on who's writing them.
Exactly, at least someone understands....Its all inconsistent. I just put Gambit on a lower tier due to his lack of fighting feats...mainly because he's not a solo character
#24 Edited by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:

I would put Gambit roughly 3rd tier  A-1 steak sauce fighters--Cap, Wolverine, Gorgon...crap like that  2nd tier--Iron Fist, Daredevil 3rd tier--I would Gambit around here though he would definitely be at the top of the list


I agree. Although I would barely put him in 2nd tier.
#25 Posted by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio
@Manchine said:
@cattlebattle said:
I would put Gambit roughly 3rd tier  A-1 steak sauce fighters--Cap, Wolverine, Gorgon...crap like that  2nd tier--Iron Fist, Daredevil 3rd tier--I would Gambit around here though he would definitely be at the top of the list
I agree.  although I would barely put him in 2nd tier.
#26 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

What has Gambit done while he was Death? Was he deadlier than Archangel?

#27 Posted by departed402 (549 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
What has Gambit done while he was Death? Was he deadlier than Archangel?

Good question. Also, I am curious who Gambit could beat at his full/natural potential. Just by reading his bio, his natural powers were/are pretty insane, before Sinister knocked him down a peg.
#28 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
@departed402
Take a look at his alternate reality counterpart, New Son to see what he can do at his full potential.
#29 Posted by departed402 (549 posts) - - Show Bio
@jrock85
Thanks a ton!
#30 Posted by ozeol (510 posts) - - Show Bio

@departed402: Can you tell me where that pic is from?

Best marvel fighters:

Tier 1

Gamora, Mantis

Tier 2

Captain America, Wolverine, Mr. X, Black Panther, Shang Chi, Cat, Silver Samurai

Tier 3

Deadpool, Iron Fist, Steel Serpent?, Blade (based on movie), Moon Knight?, Bucky, Batroc, Crossbones, Kingpin?

Tier 4

Taskmaster (schooled by Deadpool)

Stick

Daredevil

Hawkeye

Bullseye

Elektra

Lady Bullseye?

Echo

Trick Shot?

Swordsman?

Tier 5

Psylocke, Gambit, Nightcrawler, X-23, Spiral, Lady Deathstrike, Fantomex?

Tier 6

Longshot, Mystique, Shatterstar, Domino, Crimson Commando, Tigra?

Tier 7

Punisher, Nick Fury, Black Widow, Silver Sable, Viper, (Kimura), Colleen Wing, White Tiger

Tier 8

Black Cat, Mockingbird, Falcon, Union Jack, Paladin, Scorpion 2, Jackpot, Patriot, Shroud, Prowler, Tarantula?, Dagger?, Shadowcat, Prodigy?

Tier 9

Sharon Carter, Maria Hill, Sin

#31 Posted by departed402 (549 posts) - - Show Bio
@ozeol
Thanks for the list. Also, I have no clue where the picture is from. I just pulled it out of the Vine's Gambit folder.
#32 Posted by Vampire_Batman (126 posts) - - Show Bio

I think DD needs to be with the Tier 3 fighters.

#33 Posted by Sic21 (8 posts) - - Show Bio