• 130 results
time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Edited By time1

Poll Who doing the right thing for the mutant race (112 votes)

Cyclops, Emma and Magik etc. 55%
Logan, Storm and kitty etc 25%
Beast and the Original 5 7%
Havok and Rogue 13%
 • 
time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Wolverine shouldn't of been headmaster in the first place, but he did open up the school to protect and teach young mutants, which is the right thing to do. The issues I have with Cyclops is he is making these young mutants more of target then they already are. if one of these young mutants kills a human being, then government will go after them well. I think the tables have turn against Cyclops, I think things will turn ugly for Scott soon. Dazzler will be joining a team and I think she will betray them and Cyclops will be fighting Magneto soon too. I think if Cyclops was doing the right thing, then the other X-Men would be standing by him. The other X-Men should be angry with him, he kill the man they love the most. Should they just forgive like that. I don't think Cyclops is helping public image right now, the way humans views mutants right now. I don't think Cyclops is doing mutants a favour right now.

Polarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@polarity:

He is helping rescue new mutants from being persecuted themselves at the hands of overreacting police and government agents. Not like we have seen Logan's school really do that or Havok's unity team try to help with that.

I am so tired of the child-soldier thing. That's what the X-Men where under Xavier. They were trained to fight a war for Mutant equality be it against mutant militants ie Magneto, Human Extremists, or Sentinels. Scott makes that point very clear in ANXM 11. It's not like Scott is asking his students to fight on the front lines, just that they be able to defend themselves. I mean look how many mutants died after Decimation cause they couldn't defend themselves. Scott doesn't want that. I mean Logan preached no child soldiers, yet the man teaches a class on how to fight Ninjas. NINJAS? What use is that to children who are not being trained to be fight as X-Men? It's hypocritical.

And there is the problem with Scott's making them a target. Scott is a public figure who the public in the Marvel Universe views as a good man cause of the acts of peace he did as a member of the P5. I mean the public looks at any action taken against them as a bad thing. Look at Uncanny X-Men 3, the public thought that the Avengers were the ones at fault. That they started that little fight while the X-Men weren't doing anything to warrant the Avenger's arrival. Scott's PR stuff from Pre-AvX has helped him in spades.

@phoenixofthetides:

Let the Lols be had.
Let the Lols be had.

I mean, there was such potential for Wanda that just feels totally wasted cause of her being pulled into Uncanny Avengers.

The x-men have never been child soldiers and if that's the case then they need to be disbanded. That's a terrible example to set for the rest of the world. Self-defense and learning to use a power does not equate to being a soldier. Being a part of the Fantastic Four or the Avengers does not equate to being a soldier. And we haven't seen a whole lot of persecution just over reaction by a public that doesn't really know what's going on. I wonder how many x-men would walk out if they found out they were there to become soldiers (whether they joined as children or adults)? Hell shouldn't child protective services get involved? Shouldn't the parents of non-orphan students speak out?

And the whole public looks at Cyclops in a positive light is quite strange. I mean he decided to sequester the mutant population onto a well defended island, why would the world's population view that in a positive light? He also basically did away with any type of national sovereignty when he went P5 on the world. Why would the world approve of that even if the P5 did so out of benevolence? I don't know if there is a single country (be it the government or the general population) that would want that.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Opinions, opinions....

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still suprised Scott is winning this poll, but there is a lot of Scott fans out there, so it's expected.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Cyclops was right indeed, but his talk has reaped nothing. He spoke of some sort of "Revolution" and i see jack. Inconsequential blabber when you fail to back it up. Since Scott's gone off on this new-age crusade, he's done nothing of substance save get himself involved with the Avengers, again.

He's rescued all but four mutants, kay, need i remind people that he's restricted them contact to/from the outside world ? Lest his "plan" fall to pieces ? So that's the right thing for Mutantkind ? Further segregation ? Further dictatorship ? Right. It's exactly what he was crying to Storm about, his so called "plan", which usually gets blown asunder anyways. He's attention-seeking, fighting a cause that certainly does not need him anymore. Majority of you Cyclops proponents better start looking at things from different perspectives as hard as it is, you'll see what he's doing is nothing, compared to the bigger picture.

From what i've seen, it's not even about trying to save New Mutants--it's more to do with the fact that he wants to rub it in Wolverine's face, as evidenced by his arrival at the JGS, only managing to take 2 (the Cuckoos under Bendis are still evidently 1) students after all that damned trouble. Lol. This isn't anything new, he's doing precisely what Emma Frost feared: setting Mutant/Human relations to the stone age.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time:

Well the fans and people who agree with Scott aren't there without a reason...

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I created loads of Scott threads in past and most people agree with him. In fact I think Cyclops is the most popular X-Men character on this forum. I'm not suprised cause X-Men comics were mainly about him 4 about 5 years.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Cyclops is so wrong and everyone else is right in their own way.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@time said:

I created loads of Scott threads in past and most people agree with him. In fact I think Cyclops is the most popular X-Men character on this forum. I'm not suprised cause X-Men comics were mainly about him 4 about 5 years.

One of the reasons, imo, why the entire franchise has been so sh*tty. It's been a Cyclops (lol i did not forget his butt-buddy) solo for so long.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I know Emma, Scott and Logan were the only characters focuse on, which is why the franchise went downhill. Also the reason why Emma and Scott have so many fans now, cause Marvel ruined the other characters. Just look at What happened to Jean, Charles and Storm. When these characters were made irrelevant, the franchise went downhill.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

The JG School Crew. Scott needs an enema.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Eeshaan1685
time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes opinions.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: Yes. Only opinions, not facts.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

One day we're all going to look back and realize Cyclops was right.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By time1

Yeah cause, it makes sense in what he is doing now.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

Yeah cause, it makes sense in what he is doing now.

Of course it does. Thanks for admitting that you believe it as well lol.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I don't agree with what Cyclops is doing, that's me being sarcastic.

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Mystique is doing the right thing, amirite?

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX
@polarity said:

The x-men have never been child soldiers and if that's the case then they need to be disbanded. That's a terrible example to set for the rest of the world. Self-defense and learning to use a power does not equate to being a soldier. Being a part of the Fantastic Four or the Avengers does not equate to being a soldier. And we haven't seen a whole lot of persecution just over reaction by a public that doesn't really know what's going on. I wonder how many x-men would walk out if they found out they were there to become soldiers (whether they joined as children or adults)? Hell shouldn't child protective services get involved? Shouldn't the parents of non-orphan students speak out?

And the whole public looks at Cyclops in a positive light is quite strange. I mean he decided to sequester the mutant population onto a well defended island, why would the world's population view that in a positive light? He also basically did away with any type of national sovereignty when he went P5 on the world. Why would the world approve of that even if the P5 did so out of benevolence? I don't know if there is a single country (be it the government or the general population) that would want that.

Um....Xavier took 5 kids who were around the age of 15, and trained them to be his mutant peacekeeping force. He drilled and made them endure training session after session to perfect their powers and coordination so they could survive in the field. That's roughly what military Special Ops does. They drill and practice until they can achieve maximum success with minimal casualties. Think about all the stuff that was talked about with how Seal team 6 did with Bin Laden. All the training, all that prep is exactly what Xavier had these children doing. Do you honestly think he would have sent students off to fight Magneto unless they were trained to fight threats like him?

FF are scientists, and the Avengers have more killers/soldier types than anyone who are lead by Captain America in the combat team setup. Plus Avengers are government-funded and have to answer to a military peacekeeping force aka SHIELD and the President.

And to em-phase my point:

No Caption Provided
Cyclops 1, Beast 0
Cyclops 1, Beast 0

True, the public only knows that Cyclops and the Phoenix Five was trying to help the world while the Avengers were trying to stop them. Not that Cyclops killed Xavier in self defense. As for the children, many wanted to make X-Man cause they wanted to be heroes. They wanted to fight for the dream of equality. Key word is Fight. You can't have peace unless you are prepared for war. All the X-Men know that peace in their lifetime is not likely yet it is a fight that must be fought so that the children of tomorrow don't have to run from Mutant-hating bigots, giant metal killing machine, or religious fanatics who think that being mutant is the equal to being a devil. Many of the students are orphans, from other countries, were disowned by their families, or were about to killed simply cause they were mutant. What is Child Protective services gonna do to help with all that? Nothing except mutant detention centers or camps. Kinda like what happened to all Mutants in the Ultimate Universe after Ultimatum. And only a few parents who haven't disowned their children like the Guthries actually care.

And for paragraph two,

They view Scott in a good light cause as the Phoenix Five, he feed the hungry, was working on giving the world free energy, access to fresh water, etc. The people (as in the general populace) loved them for doing that. It was only after the Five wanted to end all wars that the UN and the President wanted the Avengers to get involved. Hell, Black Panther defended them to both the Avengers and the President cause of their humanitarian work especially in the third world countries. (Plus if you know anything about Bendis's Avengers books, the teams had horrible press against them which didn't help matters when Scott had a PR plan in case the Avengers came for Hope for the first time (basically declaring that they weren't the aggressors that Humanity has always tried to do whatever it wanted with Mutantkind, etc). And Janet is making clothing based on them cause Cyke's X-Men are apparently in style.

And he never decided to sequester mutants onto any Island Nation. That was all Osborn. Osborn wanted them off US Soil, used the Dark Avengers to force them on to Utopia, and declared that Utopia wasn't US turf. Scott just made the best of a bad situation.

And this last pic is just for fun.

May this pic never fade away.
May this pic never fade away.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly this is an impossible question to answer. Ideally, this would be a complex issue dealing with pacifism, strength, respect, fear, diplomacy, and force.

Unfortunately it seems to be playing out much like the Iron Man vs. Cap stuff in Civil War. Cyclops' motivations veer wildly between titles, bouncing between "harsh, but with a point" and "holier-than-thou douche".

Wolverine suffers the same fate and the whole thing leads to equally unbalanced opinions amidst the readers. Cyclops has some good points. Things are tough for mutants and sometimes you've got to get tough right back.

However, you also can't overlook the fact that his current direction is not in line with Xavier's peaceful aspirations.

Wolverine is trying to preserve that peaceful approach, but he's not exactly the best person for the job. That's another aspect of the situation that I wish they'd explore more. I agree that Logan isn't headmaster material, but that's also why I kinda like the idea. Seeing him try to fill those shoes because nobody else was stepping up to do it is an interesting situation.

Likewise, seeing Cyclops taking this new approach also sounds intriguing. Will his previous morals start making him second guess his actions? Will Emma still want a relationship with him? Will she like him more now, or will she find she prefers the boyscout Scott she originally fell for?

Sadly, none of this potential seems to be coming up. Scott and Wolverine are usually portrayed as either "right" or "wrong". Which is which varies on the series they're appearing in.

One thing I'll say is that Scott sure seems to love dancing about in front of everyone, giving speeches. Considering he gave his blessing to Wolverine's school, it's a little strange that he'd barge right onto their campus with an announcement that he KNOWS will set them off. You'd think he'd have a more subtle way to let the young mutants know he's starting his own school. As it is, he's coming off as a bit of a show-boater.

Personally, I'm not commiting to either side. I'll throw my lot in with Storm's upcoming team. Cause the mutant I trust the most is Jubilee. :)

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

none of the above

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Wolverine..I guess.

Jamm313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops the only answer. I gotta say I like that cyclops is starting to sound like classic Magneto with this mutant revolution. And Cyclops and his team are like the only ones really doing something for mutantkind.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team one eye.

The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_29 said:

none of the above

shut it you smart alec

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By x_29

@x_29 said:

none of the above

shut it you smart alec

I am allowed to give my opinion. If you don't like it then thats your problem.

The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_29 said:

@the_enigma said:

@x_29 said:

none of the above

shut it you smart alec

back off this is my last warning

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_29 said:

@the_enigma said:

@x_29 said:

none of the above

shut it you smart alec

back off this is my last warning

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL S**t just got real.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Eeshaan1685

Huh ? what is going on in here ?

Edit : there there....

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

HOLY MOLY! I didn't think Cyclops would get nearly that much of a percent. CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT!

Avatar image for the_goddess_of_chaos
The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85 said:

I guess this is a trick question.

Who is DOING the right thing for mutantkind ?

Well, Cyclops and his crew are the only ones who are DOING ANYTHING at all.

And by DOING if you mean, not just stitting around in school twiddling your thumbs while gawping at a ressurected Saint Jean, and actually going out there and making a difference, saving innocent mutants from harm and teaching them to defend themselves, then yes, Cyclops and his crew sure as hell are DOING alot more than anyone else.

YES! also why is everyone so mad that cyclops killed Xavier when he was under the phonix control i seem to remember when the same people that hate cyclops now still loved Jean when she destroyed star system as the PF, also the Avengers welcome scarlette witch back after she committed genocide because she was mentally insane at the time, but now these same people hate cycke for what he did when he is the only one trying to save his people. ( i dont get it)

because jean didnt kill someone they all loved like scott did

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_goddess_of_chaos:

Well the beloved person who Cyclops killed ( and loved like his own father ) was trying to LOBOTOMIZE him. So Cyke had to kill him in self-defense. He had no choice. Even he understands that.

njones5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think kitty, logan and storm are doing the right thing

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O5 are but not beast. he is annoying

cyclops needs more mutants, why did just cucckoos and teen angel join .....i thought there would have been mre like the x-kids from utopia but think god not hope summers that would just be awkward

JROCK72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Havok and Rogue. They're trying to fix everything that all the other mutants messed up.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jrock72:

By now, Rogue isn't really with Havok :)

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To some extent, everyone except Beast. Bringing the Original 5 to the present was an absolutely terrible idea on his part, and of course nothing good has come of it. Cyclops has made mistakes, he's tripped and stumbled along the way, but in the end I do believe he wants what's best for mutants and has simply changed over time to become a man who's ready to do what's necessary to protect his kind. Wolverine likewise has changed and is doing what he can to embody Xavier's dreams, and give the young mutants a place to feel safe in and learn at their own pace, as they're the future of all mutants. Havok is attempting to work within the system and basically show the world that mutants can be a force for good, so he's building up their credibility.

The problem is that not everyone's working together. As I pointed out when Schism was all said and done, the best path is one that takes from all the others. Both Wolverine and Scott, the New Charles and Erik, have excellent points in their arguments and should therefore work together to achieve a new one that combines the best of both. Havok can then be thrown in to only make things better. But you know, just like with Civil War, we can't have this happen.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By time1

Aside from helping the Jean Grey institute in the Battle of Atom story arc. I will never be convince, that Cyclops is doing the right thing for the mutant race. I'm so surprised his team are winning this poll.

@ageofhurricane said:

Cyclops was right indeed, but his talk has reaped nothing. He spoke of some sort of "Revolution" and i see jack. Inconsequential blabber when you fail to back it up. Since Scott's gone off on this new-age crusade, he's done nothing of substance save get himself involved with the Avengers, again.

He's rescued all but four mutants, kay, need i remind people that he's restricted them contact to/from the outside world ? Lest his "plan" fall to pieces ? So that's the right thing for Mutantkind ? Further segregation ? Further dictatorship ? Right. It's exactly what he was crying to Storm about, his so called "plan", which usually gets blown asunder anyways. He's attention-seeking, fighting a cause that certainly does not need him anymore. Majority of you Cyclops proponents better start looking at things from different perspectives as hard as it is, you'll see what he's doing is nothing, compared to the bigger picture.

From what i've seen, it's not even about trying to save New Mutants--it's more to do with the fact that he wants to rub it in Wolverine's face, as evidenced by his arrival at the JGS, only managing to take 2 (the Cuckoos under Bendis are still evidently 1) students after all that damned trouble. Lol. This isn't anything new, he's doing precisely what Emma Frost feared: setting Mutant/Human relations to the stone age.

I think your absolute right, isolating these mutants from everyone esle and making them more of a target then they already are. How is that doing the right think ?

I think people agree with Cyclops too much, cause he was right about the Phoenix force. Did he actually saved the mutant race. No. Scarlet Witch and Hope Summers did. He united the mutant race and then him and Wolverine separated the mutant race. The teams are at each other throats, cause of Cyclops and Wolverine.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By kidchipotle

@arturocalakayvee said:

Wolverines group is technically doing the right thing..

What the heck past-self!? How could you side with Wolverine's group?! CYCLOPS ALL THE WAY!

No Caption Provided

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By RustyRoy

@arturocalakayvee said:

Wolverines group is technically doing the right thing..

What the heck past-self!? How could you side with Wolverine's group?! CYCLOPS ALL THE WAY!

No Caption Provided

lol

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By GonnaRain

I still prefer Cyke's ways of doing things, even though his "Revolution" is going quite slow like, Bendis slow. The JGS is doing it's own thing, they're all looking basically for the same, which is protecting mutants, they differ in certain points, true, but at the end of the day they want the same thing. The problem is that both Cyke and Logan have been acting like little girls constantly fighting over the captain of the football team.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I think they're all helping in someway. I voted for Wolvie's group though

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gonnarain: too right. I think future Jean (Xorn) was right. They ruined the X-Men

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: What is this constant obsession with Cyclops being right. Did he saved the mutant race, No.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: I dunno, I just wanted to post a photo with a pro-Cyclops gimmick. But, Cyclops was right in the sense of how the X-Men should have gone about things, I suppose. He had the weight of his entire race on his back and people shame him for it.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't care. Who's been doing the "right" thing for mutants has been a gimmick Marvel has been playing with.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

I like Wolverine more, but Cyclops is right!