• 130 results
time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Edited By time1

Poll Who doing the right thing for the mutant race (112 votes)

Cyclops, Emma and Magik etc. 55%
Logan, Storm and kitty etc 25%
Beast and the Original 5 7%
Havok and Rogue 13%
 • 
time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me it's Logan, Storm and kitty. I don't think Cyclops is doing the right thing. I also think Havok is trying to do the right thing, he trying to make things better for the mutant race, by working with the Avengers.

ColonelRunAway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I vote for Cable. Sure, he's technically furthering the whole "mutants are uncontrollable terrorists" image, but he's the only one who isn't somehow annoying me.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going to include Cable, but we not sure what his visions really are.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mercy_

Cyke out of those listed.

I vote for Cable. Sure, he's technically furthering the whole "mutants are uncontrollable terrorists" image, but he's the only one who isn't somehow annoying me.

How is Cable & X-Force? I only read the first couple of issues.

ColonelRunAway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: I'd say it's been consistently good. Not a must buy, but it has some really well done character development &action sequences, and Larroca's art is always amazing. Probably my favorite X-Book of Marvel Now so far.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mercy_
Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I would have to say Cyclops and friends.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wolverines group is technically doing the right thing..

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ideally, Wolverine. That is what Prof X would have wanted. Relatively peaceful is a good way to go. Especially since a lot of the people he handles are minors.

Practically, Cyclops. With the current state the mutants are at right now, going extreme is the real way top do it. I wouldn't say it's how Magneto previously acted (despite how many people say it is). They may be outlaws but they are not criminals. They do what needs to be done and that's exactly what the mutant race needs.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10 SC  Moderator

Professor X. He died and is waiting for better editorial direction and creative control for his franchise. Well actually Banshee - he got out just as things were getting dodgy... hopefully he won't get resurrected randomly anytime...

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Selene they were dead so at least she was putting them to good use to become a goddess then eat some of the humans to even it out loool ;P

ColonelRunAway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: She's a bit underutilized so far. Her connection with Nate, and their conflicting feelings on letting her on the team are handled well from the beginning, but every time you think her plot's about to go somewhere, the book suddenly focuses on something else. It's all done competently enough to assume they're just trying to extend the arc so it has more of an impact when she finally does get a bigger role, but for now she's barely progressed past the first issue.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colonelrunaway: Hrrrrrrm. that's better than the rampant misuse she's received since she came back to the main timeline, save for AvX (it kills a part of me to say that somebody was actually characterized well in that debacle).

I miss her time adventures with Cable.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops was right.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL @ time.

I expected you to start this topic today.

HAHAHAHAHA @ Beast and the O5. Yeah they're doing soooooo right for mutantkind, that another bunch of X-Men from the future are coming back to the present to send them back to their past to avoid a disaster in the making....

P.S. Cyclops and his team are doing what's right for mutantkind.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Cyclops :D

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyke.

Rogue should be with them, she's awesome.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyke.

Rogue should be with them, she's awesome.

Mad props to Rogue after she decked Wanda.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Storm and Kitty. Barring Logan and the rest of the JGS detritus.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Scott, Emma, Mags and Illyana

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

X-Factor.

The rest of the mutants are all idiots, written by idiots and edited by idiots.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@sc said:

Professor X. He died and is waiting for better editorial direction and creative control for his franchise.

Perhaps if the X-Men had the highest-rated cartoon on TV again (or perhaps a billion-dollar movie), Marvel would actually care.

(On a more serious note, Professor X is the only person who ever did the right thing for mutantkind.)

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not to offend anyone but what have Wolverine and the X-men have done to improve mutant-human relations or take any actions since A vs X? I ask because I don't follow the book and from what I read so far from all new x-men they haven't recruited new mutants that are popping up and they don't seem to be training any of the students in using their mutant powers.

BigMaraSpence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BigMaraSpence

@tohoma: If you mean they aren't training the original 5, I think "All New X-Men" is still setting up characters and plots, so nothing big has happened yet. If you mean the students at the Jean Grey school aren't being trained, well you see all of the in "Wolverine and The X-Men".

That being said, I would just like to state that I believe there are far too many "X books" right now. It's all just a chaotic mess. The fact that Marvel used the "Xtermination" story (which wasn't bad, but not great) to seemingly end "Age of Apocalypse" and "X-treme X-Men" implies that they are hopefully trying to condense the mutant stuff and make it more cohesive.

P.S. Magneto is doing what is right for mutant kind and probably playing the rest of them for fools.

henrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Havok and Rouge , or Cyclops .

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By John Valentine

@mercy_ said:

Cyke out of those listed.

@colonelrunaway said:

How is Cable & X-Force? I only read the first couple of issues.

It's thoroughly average. Not worth a look.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@tohoma said:

Not to offend anyone but what have Wolverine and the X-men have done to improve mutant-human relations or take any actions since A vs X? I ask because I don't follow the book and from what I read so far from all new x-men they haven't recruited new mutants that are popping up and they don't seem to be training any of the students in using their mutant powers.

There have been several scenes over the course of the run where they have shown scenes of them teaching them to use their powers or defend themselves. They also showed that they are in fact going out and looking for new mutants. Angel has found a few already which is what he does at the school.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#28  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@time: Cyclops' team is doing the right thing, unless mutants should be arrested simply for being mutants.

Storm, Wolverine, and the school are doing the right thing, unless you think mutants should have to live in secret as outlaws.

Havoc and crew are doing the right thing unless you think mutants shouldn't work with humans.

Basically, I think they're all doing the right thing, just not the same right thing. But there's more than one battle to be fought. Cyclops' team may be the most wrong, for not trying to work within the system from the get go (leading them to where they are now), but even they're doing a job that needs doing, protecting innocent mutants that no one else has.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29  Edited By AgeofHurricane

What's Cyclops even doing right now ? Playing with Illyana in Limbo ?

LOL.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott is making sure that Mutants are to be feared and respected, but also that mutants will be protected by him.

Alex is trying to make humans believe they can be heroes too and trusted.

Kitty is just trying to co exist with humans peacefully and pretty much stay to themselves.

Beast is screwing up another timeline to stop Cyclops from making people fear mutants.

Cable... I don't read X-force titles

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to go with Cyclops, Emma, Magik and Co. Honorable mention to Havok and Rogue, but honestly, the whole "look, we're supeheroes you can trust us!11!" angle has been tried many times and never works out for the mutants because most of them aren't heroes.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Eeshaan1685

I guess this is a trick question.

Who is DOING the right thing for mutantkind ?

Well, Cyclops and his crew are the only ones who are DOING ANYTHING at all.

And by DOING if you mean, not just stitting around in school twiddling your thumbs while gawping at a ressurected Saint Jean, and actually going out there and making a difference, saving innocent mutants from harm and teaching them to defend themselves, then yes, Cyclops and his crew sure as hell are DOING alot more than anyone else.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I like that Havok is remaining people that they're all humans.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember folks. According to Havok, Mutants are not what they are to be referred to. We must now call them all "Alexs"

This is a been a public service announcement brought to you by:

(I love this gif. Bless those crazy bastards on CBR)

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess this is a trick question.

Who is DOING the right thing for mutantkind ?

Well, Cyclops and his crew are the only ones who are DOING ANYTHING at all.

And by DOING if you mean, not just stitting around in school twiddling your thumbs while gawping at a ressurected Saint Jean, and actually going out there and making a difference, saving innocent mutants from harm and teaching them to defend themselves, then yes, Cyclops and his crew sure as hell are DOING alot more than anyone else.

YES! also why is everyone so mad that cyclops killed Xavier when he was under the phonix control i seem to remember when the same people that hate cyclops now still loved Jean when she destroyed star system as the PF, also the Avengers welcome scarlette witch back after she committed genocide because she was mentally insane at the time, but now these same people hate cycke for what he did when he is the only one trying to save his people. ( i dont get it)

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No "none of the above"?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Rickbarry

Why isn't Cable on this list?! He and his team are saving millions of people and currently trolling the abomination known as Uncanny Avengers and S.W.O.R.D.

@mercy_: It's a good book. The first four issues suffered as the writer tried a weird time hopping thing, but now it's actually quite strong. Hope is portrayed much better than she was in AvX. The father/daughter dynamic is strong. Pick it up solely for Domino. She's kind of awesome in the book.

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra_beleco: the day is never complete unless someone is trolling the Uncanny Avengers or Wanda.

But seriously, Thank those peeps of the Scarlet Witch Meme Thread on CBR for all the hilariousness.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops, by far.

Havok doesn't even think there is Mutant.

Beast is screwing up as usual.

Logan, Kitty and Storm are not even trying to help their students. They don't even care about rescuing the new emergence of Mutant.

So yeah, Cyclops is the one protecting the Mutantkind and he is doing the right thing.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@ultra_beleco: the day is never complete unless someone is trolling the Uncanny Avengers or Wanda.

But seriously, Thank those peeps of the Scarlet Witch Meme Thread on CBR for all the hilariousness.

Those are awesome pics! I actually wish she would just say it and just leave the Avengers. Way to tear apart a hero, Marvel. She went from being one of my favorite Avengers to making me make the "-_-" face every time I read her dialogue. "Children's Crusade" was a lackluster attempt to absolve her of responsibility and her stupidity in Uncanny Avengers just brings the bad feelings back. Oh well.

No Caption Provided

These are great lol

Polarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is Cyclops helping anyone? He's acting out due to a persecution complex and taking everyone around him with him. Isolation and child soldiers =/= X-men or mutantdom for that matter.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thankyou so much, some one actually pointed out a flaw in Cyclops plans. Yes he is helping young mutants, but he is making them more of target than , they already are.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops also isolating the young mutants from everyone esle. How does he intend to run a school, if he target for the government and the Avengers.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time, as if the mutants he's helping arent big enough targets already, even before he was helping them. He's just teaching them to defend themselves. And the Avengers, well, they're just angry about the whole Phoenix debacle ( which was entirely Captain's & Stark's fault). And VERY butthurt since their last encounter with Cyke's team.

Also, even Captain America admitted that he never did enough for mutants.

Just going about your daily chores while sitting around in an Avengers hellcarrier screaming "Hey I'm a mutant ! We're nice people!" does NOT count as actually going out there and helping other mutants who are being targetted by racist hmans.

Polarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Polarity

But how is Cyclops helping out? JGS could teach kids how to use there powers, I mean that's part of the purpose of the school. Cyke is going the militant route. How does that help mutant/human relations? What benefit does that provide over JGS? Of course mutants will fight racism, they always have and this is nothing new, but now those racists have a someone to point at (Cyke) and yell "see we're right about them mutants." Having x-men/avengers work together or having a somewhat normal school train mutants on how to use their powers while providing a real normal education could diffuse the racists' arguments. Storm's x-men team should do the same. Having someone out there agitating the general public will not. It's Planet X all over again.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@polarity:

He is helping rescue new mutants from being persecuted themselves at the hands of overreacting police and government agents. Not like we have seen Logan's school really do that or Havok's unity team try to help with that.

I am so tired of the child-soldier thing. That's what the X-Men where under Xavier. They were trained to fight a war for Mutant equality be it against mutant militants ie Magneto, Human Extremists, or Sentinels. Scott makes that point very clear in ANXM 11. It's not like Scott is asking his students to fight on the front lines, just that they be able to defend themselves. I mean look how many mutants died after Decimation cause they couldn't defend themselves. Scott doesn't want that. I mean Logan preached no child soldiers, yet the man teaches a class on how to fight Ninjas. NINJAS? What use is that to children who are not being trained to be fight as X-Men? It's hypocritical.

And there is the problem with Scott's making them a target. Scott is a public figure who the public in the Marvel Universe views as a good man cause of the acts of peace he did as a member of the P5. I mean the public looks at any action taken against them as a bad thing. Look at Uncanny X-Men 3, the public thought that the Avengers were the ones at fault. That they started that little fight while the X-Men weren't doing anything to warrant the Avenger's arrival. Scott's PR stuff from Pre-AvX has helped him in spades.

@phoenixofthetides:

Let the Lols be had.
Let the Lols be had.

I mean, there was such potential for Wanda that just feels totally wasted cause of her being pulled into Uncanny Avengers.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is helping rescue new mutants from being persecuted themselves at the hands of overreacting police and government agents. Not like we have seen Logan's school really do that or Havok's unity team try to help with that.

This exactly.