• 69 results
Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

I really think Cannonball should have his own team of X-men.

I would think he would have been a great fit to take over Wolverine's role as leader of the Astonishing team, but since that book and X-factor are both ending, it might be cool to see him reunited with some of his former New Mutants/X-force teammates as an actual X-men team.

Or if he lead a team of New X-men characters, which I'd like to see get their own book anyway. It would be cool to see him actually be the senior member of an X-men team, so this could be a great two birds with one stone type scenario; Cannonball could finally be on the X-men as the leader rather than the junior member, and the New X-men could get some leadership that genuinely understands their perspective somewhat.

Or, barring either of those options, I'd have him on Storm's team, so at least he wouldn't be the youngest character.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

Cannonball would make much more sense on Cable's team than on Storm's :s

Reserve that spot for Dani or Amara if any of the NMs.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

@ageofhurricane said:

And i don't want any of the Young ones with permanent BG roles on various X-Titles like they've had since 08. They need and deserve their own damned title. Should have happened on Astonishing X-Men with Hisako leading, but no, we got Marjorie and her awful run. What a waste.

I totally second the New X-men having their own book, and Hisako having a major role in it, but I'm pretty into the current arc of Astonishing. The last three issues (62-64) have been great, and have totally brought me back on board for this book. It's probably my second favorite right now, actually.

Ditto here, but now they are about to cancel. Shameonmarvel

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By oldnightcrawler

Cannonball would make much more sense on Cable's team than on Storm's :s

Reserve that spot for Dani or Amara if any of the NMs.

well, like I say, what I'd really like to see is Cannonball lead his own team. Being on Storm's or Cable's or anyone else's at this point seems like a bit of a step back. I just meant that I wouldn't mind if he was Storm's because then he'd at least be in a good book.

I sort of like the idea of him and Dani, or Karma, co-leading the New X-men, though.

@oldnightcrawler said:

I totally second the New X-men having their own book, and Hisako having a major role in it, but I'm pretty into the current arc of Astonishing. The last three issues (62-64) have been great, and have totally brought me back on board for this book. It's probably my second favorite right now, actually.

Ditto here, but now they are about to cancel. Shameonmarvel

Sort of, but up until the current arc, I really wouldn't have cared if this book got canceled, so I'm okay with just enjoying the book for the moment. Getting excited about a book this close to it's end just makes it feel like a mini series, so whatever.

Godric_Talon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Godric_Talon

@bababoom:

wow. you summed up exactly how I felt about Hellion. Heroic personality with Wolverine, or a vicious monster on Cyclops' team. I want him opposing wherever X-23 is though. I think that would make for a great love/hate relationship dynamic. I don't think they necessarily "mistreated X-23", but they did shun her prior to Avengers Arena. I think that was only because of how new she was. It would be awesome to see her on the X-men team, but I think she would grow more as an independent character without the supervision of Wolverine acting as her father.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fantomex_23:

@bababoom:

wow. you summed up exactly how I felt about Hellion. Heroic personality with Wolverine, or a vicious monster on Cyclops' team. I want him opposing wherever X-23 is though. I think that would make for a great love/hate relationship dynamic. I don't think they necessarily "mistreated X-23", but they did shun her prior to Avengers Arena. I think that was only because of how new she was.

I didn't think they mistreated her in Avengers Academy, I just think that they didn't necessarily treated any better than the New X-Men kids. Some writers imply when writing X-23 that all the friends that she made in the X-men mistreated her or never truly saw her as a person which annoys me to no end (in truth it was only Cyclops). Thankfully it was fixed when the AvX issues of Avengers Academy came out. Her friendship with the other New X-men kids were now addressed and rekindled. (I love her conversation with Dust and Surge.)

It would be awesome to see her on the X-men team, but I think she would grow more as an independent character without the supervision of Wolverine acting as her father.

Wolverine's is not the best father anyway, as seen as how many of his kids died or got forgotten, but being on an X-men team doesn't necessarily mean that Wolverine would be supervising her actions or acting as a father, like in New X-Men.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still waiting for the day Cannonball succeeds Cyclops, Moonstar succeeds Storm.

Dreams of a Claremont New Mutants fan.

cajunpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With his solo title cancelled, and now Astonishing as well, I just want a book with Gambit.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By BaBaBoom

Now that I thought about it, Match should really be used more. His powers are awesome and he's always on fire (literally). He should be on a team. Forget Firestar, I want Match!

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With his solo title cancelled, and now Astonishing as well, I just want a book with Gambit.

yeah! definitely more Gambit!

which team/book would you want to see him in?

cajunpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Many, including myself, feel Gambit would make a great addition to X-Force. I've also felt Gambit could be in a new "Heroes for Hire" type book. My "dream team" was Gambit, Doctor VooDoo, Hellcat, Ant-Man (Scott Lang), Psylocke, and Gargoyle (from the Defenders, but mutated into more of a greay, larger figure), all set in New Orleans.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Many, including myself, feel Gambit would make a great addition to X-Force. I've also felt Gambit could be in a new "Heroes for Hire" type book. My "dream team" was Gambit, Doctor VooDoo, Hellcat, Ant-Man (Scott Lang), Psylocke, and Gargoyle (from the Defenders, but mutated into more of a greay, larger figure), all set in New Orleans.

hmm.. interesting team, reminds me of the Defenders.

If you're talking Uncanny X-force, I think that would make a cool spot for Gambit. Actually, I think I'd like that a lot..

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By lykopis

@tomchu said:

So true! Won't happen but yeah, it would have been great to see the two of them move to places of leadership in a fully graduated X team.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Gambit on any X-FORCE team!!!!! but if i had to pick for my choice, i'd like him to join Uncanny X-men. He's a roguish character, and uncanny x-men are a roguish x-team... so i guess that's logical ^_^

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65  Edited By HAWK2916

@lykopis said:

@tomchu said:

So true! Won't happen but yeah, it would have been great to see the two of them move to places of leadership in a fully graduated X team.

Yeah I agree. I guess the only way this could happen would be for Cable to get called back to his reality with the Askani Clan and for him to take Cyclops with him. Or for them to decide to fix the dystopian futures the xmen are faced with by going there and kicking some ass extinction team style. Cable, Domino, Colossus, Forge, Cyclops, Emma, Magneto. Then you could get cannonball and Dani just leading a team focused on being heroes

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@lykopis said:

@tomchu said:

Yeah I agree. I guess the only way this could happen would be for Cable to get called back to his reality with the Askani Clan and for him to take Cyclops with him. Or for them to decide to fix the dystopian futures the xmen are faced with by going there and kicking some ass extinction team style. Cable, Domino, Colossus, Forge, Cyclops, Emma, Magneto. Then you could get cannonball and Dani just leading a team focused on being heroes

Or Cyclops and Storm dies *shrug* but that might kill Marvel's X-book line.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67  Edited By HAWK2916

yea i think that would hurt books if both died. It might be interesting for Cyke and company to head to the future and let the next generation handle the 616. Dani and Cannonball lead a team focused being accepted because they are heroes. Storms team runs the school training new mutants and focusing on mutant rights. Wolverine and Psylocke lead a preemptive strike xforce and Hellion and Surge lead the New mutants

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#68  Edited By IrishX
No Caption Provided

Warpath needs to be on a team. Gambit should join the team in the new upcoming Amazing X-Men title.

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#69  Edited By Selina_Sublime

X-Men: Storm, Jubilee, Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Rachel Grey, Karima, Emma Frost, Monet; frequent supporting character Bling!

Uncanny X-Men: Cyclops, Emma Frost, Magneto, Frenzy, Rictor, & Shatterstar; also featuring Tempus, Triage, Hijack, etc.

Wolverine and the X-Men teaching staff/Amazing X-Men: Kitty Pryde, Chamber, Northstar, Beast, Cannonball, & Storm

Wolverine and the X-Men main student cast: Kid Omega, Shark Girl, Oya, Surge, Rockslide, Match, & Wind Dancer

X-Men: Legacy: Legion, Blindfold, Frenzy, Chamber, Pixie, Surge, & Rockslide

Uncanny X-Force: Bishop, Spiral, Neal Shaara, Revanche, & Psylocke

Cable and X-Force: Cable, Domino, Boom Boom, Bedlam, Moonstar, Warpath, & Colossus

X-Factor: Quicksilver, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Mondo, Penance, Layla Miller, Manifold, Wolfsbane, & Morrigan (Theresa Cassidy)

The Old Five need to go away. Iceman and Nightcrawler need a fresh, more exciting take on them so I shunted them off to X-Factor as a last resort. That title would be very horror-centered and anchored by their recognizability, but give them something totally different to do and totally different characters to relate to. QS should totally gay bait Iceman they way he did Rictor. :D