Who Do You Think Should Rejoin A Current X-Men Team

• 69 results
JROCK72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

With Marvel NOW! the X-Men teams have kind of been rebooted. Which former X-Man do you think should rejoin the new X-Teams?

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I want Hellion to join the Uncanny X-men team, either Pixie, Dust or Mercury in the all female X-men team, Elixir in the Uncanny X-force, Anole and Rockslide in X-men Legacy and Cannonball in Cable and X-force.

JROCK72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

@bababoom: Great choices!

I forgot to include the teams, so here they are!

The current X-Men and related teams are:

X-Men: Storm, Jubilee, Rogue, Psylocke, Rachel Grey, Kitty Pryde.

Uncanny X-Men: Cyclops, Emma Frost, Magik, Magneto.

X-Men: Legacy: Legion, Blindfold, Frenzy, Chamber, Storm, Wolverine, Beast.

Uncanny X-Force: Storm, Puck, Spiral, Psylocke, Fantomex, Cluster.

Cable and X-Force: Cable, Domino, Dr Nemesis, Colossus, Forge, Boom Boom.

All New X-Men: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Beast, Angel

X-Factor: Madrox, Layla Miller, M, Longshot, Wolfsbane, Polaris.

Astonishing X-Men: Wolverine,Iceman, Gambit, Warbird, Northstar, Karma, Cecilia Reyes.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By John Valentine

@bababoom said:

I want Hellion to join the Uncanny X-men team, either Pixie, Dust or Mercury in the all female X-men team, Elixir in the Uncanny X-force, Anole and Rockslide in X-men Legacy and Cannonball in Cable and X-force.

I love the New X-Men, I really do, but I'm not sure how they'd fit into any of these teams at the moment. I think the best bet would be incorporation into Woods' X-Men Vol.4.

I'd love for Hellion to be featured as a permanent, male character on Woods' team, maybe not Uncanny. I think Hellion would be more suited to a mid-ground viewpoint between Wolverine and Cyclops' mission statements, much like Storm's team. Aspects of the character could allow him to follow either, IMO, but the Wolverine viewpoint is not pro-mutant enough and the Cyclops Revolution is a little OTT and distant from his friends. Plus, y'know, he hates Cyclops.

In your opinion, how would Elixir fit into Uncanny X-Force? (I'm really not a fan of that book but I love Elixir).

Would Cannonball being on Cable's X-Force be a regression, do you think? Not a fan of the team in general.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still want Dazzler on Brian Wood's X-Men Team, even though I think she'll be playing a part in Uncanny X-men.......

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Cannonball in any team would make me happy, but i think id prefer Uncanny

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By evilvegeta74

Colossus should go to Uncanny!

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Cannonball, and Monet should join up with Uncanny.

I'd be game for Elixir/Hellion/Surge joining the Uncanny X-Men as well, although that'd make things a bit crowded so instead following John Valentine's reasoning I'd be cool with them assuming positions upon Storm's team.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BaBaBoom

@john_valentine: I was unaware of the new incarnation of the Uncanny X-Force when I wrote that I want Elixir in it. (I seem to be an impulsive poster recently :P) I thought it was still the same team that Wolverine was leading. I just want Elixir to be in a team that does the dirty work since I see him as someone that has the potential to be one of Marvel U's greatest villains or become a Jesus Christ/God like figure similar to Mr. M. Being around people that does the things other X-men would never do might help him achieve either of the two.

In regards to Hellion, as a character he has been through a lot and has his own reasons to whether stay in Wolverine's school or join Cyclops in his revolution. I want him to join Cyclops' X-men since he has a lot of pent-up hatred that could be better shown in this much more aggressive team. Plus, it was stated in the X-23 solo that he only sided with Wolverine in Schism because he thought Laura also chose that side. It is also likely that Hellion actually joined Wolverine's school because he wants to protect his closest friends (Rockslide, Dust, Mercury, Match and Anole) and possibly the one that lead them to choose this side to begin with. (Together with Prodigy and Surge, Hellion is one of the leading members of New X-Men and, as seen at the end of Schism, is the one debating against Prodigy about the choices. Suggesting the two's leadership roles towards their peers.) If you view it this way, staying in Wolverine/Storm's side would showcase Hellion's more heroic side. Then again, in the X-23 solo series, it is shown that Wolverine doesn't actually care about Hellion and doesn't hide his feelings for him and, since his reason for coming there already turned him down and left (in a rather horrible way), he has no other reason to stay there. His friends are either avoiding him or afraid of him and the staff doesn't particularly care for him either (not to mention being considered as a threat). I would like to see a more violent Hellion in response to all the criticisms the X-Men gave him. Hellion's monster side would be shown better in Cyclops' team. I guess, I just want to see Hellion say, "I lost limbs for you guys, I fought for you guys and you treat me like &*^%. So, &#%$ YOU!" I wouldn't mind seeing a more heroic Hellion though.

With Cannonball, I honestly just want to see some interactions between him and Cable. I don't know how long its been since the two have seen each other. I just want to see how they will react with the changes they both had since Cable's last X-Force.

@mcklayn said:

^I don't mind him being in Uncanny.

I am still hoping that the Bendis/Mann's New X-Men is still real. T_T (My hope will be gone when September came and its still not here.)

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Why anyone would want Bendis handling the Young ones is beyond me.

Surge for Cable and X-Force, cause of Forge. She'd be perfect.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AgeofHurricane

And i don't want any of the Young ones with permanent BG roles on various X-Titles like they've had since 08. They need and deserve their own damned title. Should have happened on Astonishing X-Men with Hisako leading, but no, we got Marjorie and her awful run. What a waste.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By John Valentine
@bababoom said:

@john_valentine:

In regards to Hellion, as a character he has been through a lot and has his own reasons to whether stay in Wolverine's school or join Cyclops in his revolution. I want him to join Cyclops' X-men since he has a lot of pent-up hatred that could be better shown in this much more aggressive team. Plus, it was stated in the X-23 solo that he only sided with Wolverine in Schism because he thought Laura also chose that side. It is also likely that Hellion actually joined Wolverine's school because he wants to protect his closest friends (Rockslide, Dust, Mercury, Match and Anole) and possibly the one that lead them to choose this side to begin with. (Together with Prodigy and Surge, Hellion is one of the leading members of New X-Men and, as seen at the end of Schism, is the one debating against Prodigy about the choices. Suggesting the two's leadership roles towards their peers.) If you view it this way, staying in Wolverine/Storm's side would showcase Hellion's more heroic side. Then again, in the X-23 solo series, it is shown that Wolverine doesn't actually care about Hellion and doesn't hide his feelings for him and, since his reason for coming there already turned him down and left (in a rather horrible way), he has no other reason to stay there. His friends are either avoiding him or afraid of him and the staff doesn't particularly care for him either (not to mention being considered as a threat). I would like to see a more violent Hellion in response to all the criticisms the X-Men gave him. Hellion's monster side would be shown better in Cyclops' team. I guess, I just want to see Hellion say, "I lost limbs for you guys, I fought for you guys and you treat me like &*^%. So, &#%$ YOU!" I wouldn't mind seeing a more heroic Hellion though.

With Cannonball, I honestly just want to see some interactions between him and Cable. I don't know how long its been since the two have seen each other. I just want to see how they will react with the changes they both had since Cable's last X-Force.

@mcklayn said:

^I don't mind him being in Uncanny.

I am still hoping that the Bendis/Mann's New X-Men is still real. T_T (My hope will be gone when September came and its still not here.)

Yeah! That's pretty much what I was trying to say (though I didn't really explain it that well!).

I think having Hellion follow Cyclops' revolution would drag him further down the darker path he's been on since Messiah Complex/Second Coming and further isolate him from his friends. Plus, although Wolverine may show an open dislike for him and Laura, his initial reason for being at the school, may have gone, he's entirely disillusioned by Cyclops' stance on mutant affairs. Not to mention the number of times Cyclops/Emma have personally failed him.

His friends are pretty much the only thing Hellion has left; all of whom are at the JGSHL. Staying at the school/being on a team would enable him to develop as the heroic leader we were promised in New X-Men (if given the proper spotlight).

Ideally, I'd like for the New X-Men to have their own team/book again with support from members of the JGSHL e.g. Rachel, Storm, Kitty, or Psyclocke. They're too old to be in school, IMO, but I think it'd act as a good base. Hopefully they'll get more spotlight if/when the O5 go back!

I wouldn't want Bendis writing another X-Book, pretty much nothing would happen. I do like Clay Mann, however. I'm not sure who I'd want to write the book - ideally Brian Wood!

There was a time when Cannonball was being shown to be the next Cyclops but current Scott is a little too hardcore, IMO.

Also, I really just wish they'd do something with Elixir! Much prefer him to Christopher Muse/Triage.

@ageofhurricane said:

And i don't want any of the Young ones with permanent BG roles on various X-Titles like they've had since 08. They need and deserve their own damned title. Should have happened on Astonishing X-Men with Hisako leading, but no, we got Marjorie and her awful run. What a waste.

Yes! Why Hisako? Astonishing's only had a few good issues in like two years unfortunately.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I totally second the New X-men having their own book, and Hisako having a major role in it, but I'm pretty into the current arc of Astonishing. The last three issues (62-64) have been great, and have totally brought me back on board for this book. It's probably my second favorite right now, actually.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(soz, can't directly reply)

It wasn't a good idea of Marjorie's to wait an entire year before she released the ace out of her sleeve, to show-case an Iceman arc, a flipping Iceman arc. Good thing it's getting canned while she can have her Road To Damascus moment, too little too late. This was one of those series that was seriously taking up space from the get-go, even with this arc, it serves no relevance. Cia.

As for Hisako, outside of the Kyle and Yost's series (of which she hardly received much development, understandably) she's the only one to have proven herself time again, demonstrating the gravitas needed for leading the next generation of X-Men. What with her trip to break world and becoming a fully-fledged X-Man where others were absent, apprehending Danger for what happened to Wing (even if she didn't go about it the right way), going through the standard procedure of rejection from family members and also growing stronger from the loss of other ones, subsequently facing a renowned villain on her own, and assortment of other things. There's also an alt. Reality where she's the sole leader, which doesn't count for much, but still. Also, she was the main young x'er for Astonishing since inception, so it would have made sense to keep her on, but then Marjorie came. She's just amazing. I'd post images, but i'm using my phone >.>

Totes glad that Wood (who wrote a brilliant Hisako, Cessily, Roxanne and Quire in his Alpha and Omega mini) and Spurrier are around, there's still hope for substantial appearances, but i want an actual book.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(soz, can't directly reply)

It wasn't a good idea of Marjorie's to wait an entire year before she released the ace out of her sleeve, to show-case an Iceman arc, a flipping Iceman arc. Good thing it's getting canned while she can have her Road To Damascus moment, too little too late. This was one of those series that was seriously taking up space from the get-go, even with this arc, it serves no relevance. Cia.

really? I mean, I agree that this book has been spinning it's wheels for way too long, but I actually thought you'd be into this arc. The characterization, tone, and pacing really feel like classic mid-80's/early 90's X-men to me.

I don't know about it's "relevance", but in the last few years it seems like the stories that are meant to be the most relevant have also been some of the least fun to read, so I guess I just stopped caring about that.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jrock72:

I'd like to see Lifeguard in Astonishing X-Men, Sage and Magma in Wood's X-Men series, Hepzibah in Uncanny X-Force, and Blink in Cable and X-Force.

X-Factor is disbanding slowly but steadily. The latest issue was like a goodbye to Wolfsbane.

And could you really call X-Men Legacy a "team" book? It's more perceived as a solo title, with Blindfold as a supporting cast and the X-Men as a minor cast.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My dream would be for Chris Yost and Craig Kyle to write the Young ones again but, I would take what I can. I just want my New X-Men back! T_T

TheMGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sage in the female x men team

Diamondlifer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Diamondlifer1

Warpath ( W.E happened to him?)Cannonball and Sunspot to Cable and X-force, they hardly appear in The Avengers and it would be like the 1st volume X- Force.
Hellion, Surge, Prodigy to Uncanny X-men, i've always assumed Prodigy has some kind of loyalty to Cyclops.
W.E happened to Nate Grey? Warlock? Magma? It'd be awesome having him join Cyclops team.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bababoom said:

@ageofhurricane said:

My dream would be for Chris Yost and Craig Kyle to write the Young ones again but, I would take what I can. I just want my New X-Men back! T_T

THIS.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warpath ( W.E happened to him?)Cannonball and Sunspot to Cable and X-force, they hardly appear in The Avengers and it would be like the 1st volume X- Force.

Hellion, Surge, Prodigy to Uncanny X-men, i've always assumed Prodigy has some kind of loyalty to Cyclops.

W.E happened to Nate Grey? Warlock? Magma? It'd be awesome having him join Cyclops team.

All three of them should still technically be in San Francisco along with Cypher. Though Nate is supposedly going to be in Fearless Defenders 9 aka the Boyfriend issue.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By poisonfleur

Lifeguard
and I wanted Surge to join Cyclops' team. :/

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, don't get me wrong--I've seen a plethora of scans from the arc, and i do like what i have seen and understand the "critical acclaim" from fans and reviews, but then i never wanted this team or direction in the first place, and found it to be quite the waste in the big scheme of things when attention could have been shifted onto characters who needed it. I like what I've seen, but she was too late. Hopefully this is her last stint on the X-Books for some time.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And i hear you, bababoom.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colossus should go to Uncanny!

This, and i could save money by dropping Cable and X-Force

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AgeofHurricane

To have Colossus written by Bendis, to have him in continuous angst between Cyclops and Illayana, no thanks.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By John Valentine

To have Colossus written by Bendis, to have him in continuous angst between Cyclops and Illayana, no thanks.

Colossus should just stay in the bushes perving on his sister.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Lol. Actually made me laugh.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By HAWK2916

i wonder if a new xmen book would be possible in an alternate timeline. because the xbooks and what they cover seem to be a bit crowded right now

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lykopis

Elixir has been on an X-Force team before and while I am on board with him being considered a super powered mutant (to me he is), let's not forget that Bendis is busy with his new pets and one of them is already a healer. There is no place for Elixir, unfortunately with Bendis' fingers in so many titles.

Also, noise has been made by Hopeless about the second round of Avengers Arena taking in some students from Jean Grey's Institute so I am holding my breath as to who that might mean. I would love for the New X-Men to get back a title - little snippets like we saw in Legacy (which is a fantastic title by the way) isn't enough for my Jono (although I didn't appreciate how they presented him.)

Cannonball deserves to head his own team -- really, he's lead the New Mutants before and has proven himself but Marvel is too busy presenting him and Sunspot as two frat boys who fight over what's in the fridge over in Avengers land. As for Wolverine taking a less mutant stance -- if the last issue of Uncanny Avengers is something to go by, that might be changing.

Dazzler is busy working for SHIELD (there went my hopes she would join Wood's title) so I guess the mutants I would like see rejoin a team (outside of what I mentioned above) would be Monet - Magma - Surge.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

Also, noise has been made by Hopeless about the second round of Avengers Arena taking in some students from Jean Grey's Institute so I am holding my breath as to who that might mean. I would love for the New X-Men to get back a title - little snippets like we saw in Legacy (which is a fantastic title by the way) isn't enough for my Jono (although I didn't appreciate how they presented him.)

Avengers Arena is getting a second round? I'm probably one of the few that actually enjoyed reading that book but, I don't want a second round to it. To me, Avengers Arena is only a one time thing because each time you do one would make the experience cheaper. Hopefully Marvel would realize that the a battleroyale-type story is not an on-going story. Especially since Arcade is the main villain of the story. Maybe if it's Mojo.

@lykopis said:

Elixir has been on an X-Force team before and while I am on board with him being considered a super powered mutant (to me he is), let's not forget that Bendis is busy with his new pets and one of them is already a healer. There is no place for Elixir, unfortunately with Bendis' fingers in so many titles.

Triage, I really don't like that guy. All of his appearances just makes me want to hate him. Hell, I like Fabio Medina (Goldballs) more than that guy! If he turns out to be another bio-manipulator, I'm going to hate Bendis for not reviewing the powers of other beloved X-Men. I'll forgive him though if he makes the source of his healing powers different than bio-manipulation like, reversing time or reality altering to imitate healing.

@lykopis said:

Cannonball deserves to head his own team -- really, he's lead the New Mutants before and has proven himself but Marvel is too busy presenting him and Sunspot as two frat boys who fight over what's in the fridge over in Avengers land. As for Wolverine taking a less mutant stance -- if the last issue of Uncanny Avengers is something to go by, that might be changing.

Dazzler is busy working for SHIELD (there went my hopes she would join Wood's title) so I guess the mutants I would like see rejoin a team (outside of what I mentioned above) would be Monet - Magma - Surge.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cannonball lead an X-Men team that works for SHIELD. (Maybe if the rumors of an X-Factor relaunch is true? Or, make him leader of the Uncanny X-Force.) I don't really care for Dazzler (she just never appealed to me). She can be on the background teaching kids music lessons.

@ageofhurricane said:

Colossus should just stay in the bushes perving on his sister.

LOL. Imagine how Kitty would react if they went as far as Ultimate Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

@themgr said:

Isn't Sage still stuck with the Exiles?

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bababoom said:
@themgr said:

Isn't Sage still stuck with the Exiles?

Obviously you haven't read the recent (but now cancelled) X-treme X-Men series featuring Dazzler leading a team of alternate versions of Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Cyclops, Hercules, Professor X, and Emma Frost. The series also features the reappearance of Sage who was acting as commander (or some status) for a militant sanction in an alternate reality. In the end of the series (and the crossover, X-Termination) Sage, Dazzler, and alternate versions of Wolverine, Cyclops, and William Stryker now reside in the main Marvel 616 universe. The series was Exiles-inspired.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992: Yeah, I didn't bother picking up any of the X-treme X-Men issues. It appeared around the time when I took a break from comics and, as I stated before, I didn't care about Dazzler. I'm glad that Sage is finally out of the Exiles-limbo though.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm waiting to support the titles that regularly feature the Academy X kids not as students but as heroes all their own. Granted seeing that come to be might take a while but at least Prodigy is on Young Avengers, all I need is some Rockslide, Mercury, Dust & Surge love and I'm happy.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By papad1992

@bababoom said:

@papad1992: Yeah, I didn't bother picking up any of the X-treme X-Men issues. It appeared around the time when I took a break from comics and, as I stated before, I didn't care about Dazzler. I'm glad that Sage is finally out of the Exiles-limbo though.

You should have... they were not all that bad. The art sometimes was cringe-worthy but as a whole, I'd give the series a 6.5/10. And why don't you like Dazzler!?

And you can be as happy as the rest of the Sage fans are... but the series ended almost like two months ago, and no sign of Sage since. She may be out of Exiles-limbo but she is now thrown into the regular comic book limbo among many other under-developed/unused characters.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lykopis

@bababoom:

I wish. Alas, there will be another round. This has been confirmed. And I agree with your take on the idea on continuing this Battle Royal-type premise as absurd. Does not make sense.

So far Triage hasn't shown to be any different than Elixir, but then again, there is another mutant by the name of Kiden who could stop time and she wasn't picked up either in favour of Eva. So many mutants were depowered because of M-Day (a Bendis told story as well) and instead of revisiting known characters, he's decided to not pull them up and instead create new ones. It is one of my biggest peeves with the new direction of the X-Men because as usual, so many loose strings are left hanging and readers like me who are aware of them have our eyes twitching from the lack of closure, lol.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should have... they were not all that bad. The art sometimes was cringe-worthy but as a whole, I'd give the series a 6.5/10. And why don't you like Dazzler!?

I'm not saying X-treme X-men is bad, the plot just never hooked me in, the characters are not that special and I may be a bit biased since I'm a big fan of the original Exiles. With Dazzler, I guess the reason why I don't particularly care about her is because of her lack of major appearances in X-men Evolution and Wolverine and the X-men animated shows. So, by the time I was reading comics, she was just this loud woman who can shoot lasers and apparently a major X-man. The only comic book appearance that she had that I remember is the one in Marvel Zombies vs The Army of Darkness.

@lykopis said:

@bababoom:

I wish. Alas, there will be another round. This has been confirmed. And I agree with your take on the idea on continuing this Battle Royal-type premise as absurd. Does not make sense.

And with that, I wish the sales of Avengers Arena go down to the ground. Then again, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the Wolverine and the X-men kids die in a horrible fashion. (*Insert Evil Laugh*) Seriously though, Marvel should have made Avengers Arena a limited issue to begin with. (Probably an issue for another thread.)

@lykopis said:

@bababoom:

So far Triage hasn't shown to be any different than Elixir, but then again, there is another mutant by the name of Kiden who could stop time and she wasn't picked up either in favour of Eva. So many mutants were depowered because of M-Day (a Bendis told story as well) and instead of revisiting known characters, he's decided to not pull them up and instead create new ones. It is one of my biggest peeves with the new direction of the X-Men because as usual, so many loose strings are left hanging and readers like me who are aware of them have our eyes twitching from the lack of closure, lol.

I have completely forgotten about Kiden until you mentioned her. I'm not exactly a fan of Kiden and I only read NYX: Wannabes because it was the time when I was tracing X-23's comic book roots. Kiden's powers isn't exactly stopping time, it's more slowing time to the point that it looks like it stopped. Eva's power is to create time domes that only stop time on the domes location and it actually stops time not slow it down. When it comes to powers Kiden and Eva are a lot different. I don't really mind Eva, she's one of the tolerable ones. It still amazes me that Kiden and the other NYX people won't come to the X-men for shelter.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bababoom said:

And with that, I wish the sales of Avengers Arena go down to the ground. Then again, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the Wolverine and the X-men kids die in a horrible fashion. (*Insert Evil Laugh*) Seriously though, Marvel should have made Avengers Arena a limited issue to begin with. (Probably an issue for another thread.)

You and me both! With the new twist going on with Nico -- I don't know what is going to happen. I just have a hard time envisioning the rest of the superhero world not noticing kids are missing (the next issue of Avengers Arena not withstanding). To do it a second time is a huge stretch.

@bababoom said:

I have completely forgotten about Kiden until you mentioned her. I'm not exactly a fan of Kiden and I only read NYX: Wannabes because it was the time when I was tracing X-23's comic book roots. Kiden's powers isn't exactly stopping time, it's more slowing time to the point that it looks like it stopped. Eva's power is to create time domes that only stop time on the domes location and it actually stops time not slow it down. When it comes to powers Kiden and Eva are a lot different. I don't really mind Eva, she's one of the tolerable ones. It still amazes me that Kiden and the other NYX people won't come to the X-men for shelter.

That's a fair assessment. There is a sufficient enough difference and you are not the only person who has pointed out liking Eva to me so maybe I should take off my "iamsoangryatbendis" glasses and give her a shot. Not too thrilled with the whole hero-worship she has going on with Cyclops, but oh well.

So true about those kids. I get the whole street thing they have going on but especially with M-Day and even now with the environment of mutant hatred going on at the moment, you would think they would be at Jean's School pronto. Another loose string we have to leave dangling, I suppose.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bababoom said:

@papad1992 said:

I'm not saying X-treme X-men is bad, the plot just never hooked me in, the characters are not that special and I may be a bit biased since I'm a big fan of the original Exiles. With Dazzler, I guess the reason why I don't particularly care about her is because of her lack of major appearances in X-men Evolution and Wolverine and the X-men animated shows. So, by the time I was reading comics, she was just this loud woman who can shoot lasers and apparently a major X-man. The only comic book appearance that she had that I remember is the one in Marvel Zombies vs The Army of Darkness.

You should really do some back-reading for Dazzler then because she's an awesome character. Sometimes she's portrayed poorly but that all depends on what you are reading and who's writing it. And her not appearing in any animated shows isn't a reason to knock her down. Give her a try, read something that highlights her properly then make a justified statement. X-treme X-Men actually highlighted a characteristic of hers that was otherwise non-existent... which is her style of leadership. She had a relatable quality between herself, as leader, and her team members. Granted that now that the series has ended and she's a SHIELD agent, we may she a more forward, kick-down-doors type of Dazzler than a friendly leader. As an X-Men fan, I took it upon myself to really delve into each X-Man's character and really understand them in material that emphasizes them properly... which I recommend all to do.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@papad1992: Is pretty much my first impression of Dazzler. lol All the things I know about Dazzler are the ones that I read on the wiki. All the X-men that I'm not familiar with I just do a quick read in their wiki page.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@bababoom said:

@papad1992 said:

@lykopis said:

@bababoom:

@lykopis said:

@bababoom:

Yea I hate that this has happened. Characters are just left out there. IN WATX we have these crazy and stupid mutations ( Glob Herman, Shark Girl and Eye Boy and all the other ridiculous amusement kiddie horror ride stuff). Students like Kiden Nixon and Molly Hayes among others would be a great group to focus on

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bababoom said:
Loading Video...

@papad1992: Is pretty much my first impression of Dazzler. lol All the things I know about Dazzler are the ones that I read on the wiki. All the X-men that I'm not familiar with I just do a quick read in their wiki page.

Really... Stuff like this, and wiki pages don't give a character justice! You should read them first-hand and experience them yourself.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BaBaBoom

@papad1992: I know what you're trying to say, and, maybe if at one point in my life that Dazzler ever becomes interesting enough for me, I would read some of the titles she's featured in. As of right now, however, I'm too lazy to even bother with Dazzler. So, I'll leave it at that. :P

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bababoom said:

@papad1992: I know what you're trying to say, and, maybe if at one point in my life that Dazzler ever becomes interesting enough for me, I would read some of the titles she's featured in. As of right now, however, I'm too lazy to even bother with Dazzler. So, I'll leave it at that. :P

Ok... whatever floats ur boat.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bababoom said:

Really... Stuff like this, and wiki pages don't give a character justice! You should read them first-hand and experience them yourself.

I'm not disagreeing with your overall point, but I've read every issue of X-men in which Dazzler was on the team, and I've always found her to be one of the least interesting members. Just throwing that out there..

Airmansmith21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-23 on woods team

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Yea I hate that this has happened. Characters are just left out there. IN WATX we have these crazy and stupid mutations ( Glob Herman, Shark Girl and Eye Boy and all the other ridiculous amusement kiddie horror ride stuff). Students like Kiden Nixon and Molly Hayes among others would be a great group to focus on

This times a million.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: If Marvel ever decided on actually making a new New X-Men title, I would wish for them to tell stories about the characters that are left out (Elixir, Sofia Mantega, Molly Hayes, Kiden Nixon and the rest of NYX people). If not, then they should be at least featured in X-Men Legacy or Wolverine and the X-Men.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BaBaBoom

X-23 on woods team

If/when X-23 gets out of Avengers Arena, would it progress or regress her character evolution if she goes back to the X-men?

I personally wouldn't mind her being back with the X-men but some fans seem to find this development a step back for the character. I have always felt that X-23's involvement with the Avengers makes her a stagnant character. X-23 is the best when she is surrounded by her X-men friends and her Avengers friends have way too little interaction with her, except for Finesse, even in Avengers Arena. I can't have myself believe that the A. Academy treated her better than her X-men peers. Some fans disagree though.

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By QueenCorp15

GAMBIT!!!!