WOLVERINE AND HALF THE MARVEL U.

Just saying.

alka_seltzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@yung_ancient_one: I believe it's the other way around, no Jean fan likes Jott together. Emma can have that self-righteous idiot.

CaptainCyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By CaptainCyke

@soa said:

husk and toad

OMG this... You had Chamber at the JGS, just hook them back up again!

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@yung_ancient_one:

I believe it's the other way around, no Jean fan likes Jott together. Emma can have that self-righteous idiot.

What is "the other way around" that you are referring to? The holding back part? Because I did say that . "Either they insult Scott and say Jean should be with [...] Logan or they bug about how Jean is way better than Emma."

I only see these two constant things, that the [apparently rare] Jean fans that actually like Jott feel the need to constantly express how terrible Emma Frost is or the Jean fans that don't like Jott feel the need to belittle Cyke. E.G. "that self-righteous idiot" which I personally totally disagree with but again as always

whatever.

If your "I believe it's the other way around" is referring to Emma fans constantly wanting to share how they see Emma as being 10x better than Jean then I agree as well. I always see some Jean fans express how Jean is > Emma or I see Emma fans express how Emma is > Jean. Both fanbases have shown this bit of annoying competition. In my honest opinion.

( + )

yasiiii4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogneto. The relationship that damned Carey's Legacy, and much of Rogue's character. Then there's the looming Storm/Wolverine. That's quite repulsive.

Also still don't understand why Storm/BP is classified as an X-Couple, it's bloody not.

Nailed it

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

No Caption Provided

In my opinion I think it is Black Panther And Storm I mean this couple don't make no sense what so ever!This couple has no chemistry/spark between them!Just because Storm is African dose not mean she can be paired with another one!

True dat!

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually liked the Dazzler and Longshot romance, but it needed the triangle with Rogue to make it spicy. I think the worst X-Men couple is Rogue and Gambit, followed closely by Jean and Scott. As an aside I think I liked Kitty with Spidey, just wish that had turned into something more. And can you blame Rogue for wanting a sugar daddy? Magneto isn't such an awful choice... is he?

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#108  Edited By time1

The worst couples I think are

1) Emma and Scott, nothing really happen in there relationship.

2) Storm and Black Panther, they got married and then divorced, marvel didn't really focus on the marriage at all.

3) Magneto and Rogue, nothing really against the relationship, it was just so force and it didn't make any sense.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@time said:

2) Storm and Black Panther, they got married and then divorced, marvel didn't really focus on the marriage at all.

3) Magneto and Rogue, nothing really against the relationship, it was just so force and it didn't make any sense.

Disagree. You complain a lot about the books focusing too much on them and their relationship, so how can nothing have happened in their relationship? They've been through an awful lot. If anything, their relationship has been the most developed in the last ten years. You've had them running the school, then M-Day, Messiah Complex, Dark Reign/Utopia, Second Coming, Schism, AvX, Summer's Revolution, Astonishing X-Men (Torn in particular) etc...

Anyway, on the whole, I think the worst X-couples are Rogue and Gambit (stale and pathetic for both characters now) and Colossus/Kitty (Creepy Colossus).

@soa said:

husk and toad

Husk has really been f'ed up, hasn't she?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muhabba said:

My least favorite is Rogue/Magneto cuz, eww, 50 year age gap or whatever. And somebody discussed Cannonball/Rachel. I've been reading Avengers & I thought he & Sunspot were together.

Everyone keeps saying they have a bromance. But it doesn't match with their dating histories. I think it's just that Hickman doesn't really what to do with them.

No Caption Provided

what about early rogue and magneto??? i dont mind them

JROCK72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#111  Edited By JROCK72

Angel and Psylocke

Beast and Abigail Brand

Iceman and Polaris

Black Panther and Storm

Longshot and Dazzler

Magneto and Rogue

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Havok and Polaris they are toooo boring

Hus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kitty Pryde and Iceman. It's utterly pointless and forced just because of the movies.

You dont take ideas out of the movies and put them into comics. You take ideas out of comics and put them into the movies.

I agree with you 95%. Except for when it comes to Blade. The movie's influence to me, improved the character. Other than that, yeah...comics should influence movies.

Anne_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Domino and Colossus

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

#115  Edited By knighthood
No Caption Provided

Toad And Husk

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@time said:

Disagree. You complain a lot about the books focusing too much on them and their relationship, so how can nothing have happened in their relationship? They've been through an awful lot. If anything, their relationship has been the most developed in the last ten years. You've had them running the school, then M-Day, Messiah Complex, Dark Reign/Utopia, Second Coming, Schism, AvX, Summer's Revolution, Astonishing X-Men (Torn in particular) etc...

Anyway, on the whole, I think the worst X-couples are Rogue and Gambit (stale and pathetic for both characters now) and Colossus/Kitty (Creepy Colossus).

@captaincyke said:

@soa said:

husk and toad

Husk has really been f'ed up, hasn't she?

this! i agree with this whole thing! :D

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Toad And Husk

Husk is like 19 years old, last time I checked. Toad is like in his 30s. Not to mention extremely disgusting. What the FUCK Marvel?! Now all we need is for Doc Ock to fuck Mary Jane.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Mega_spidey01

i don't like the storm & wolverine pairing anytime wolverine's women is jean grey storm will always be second best.

i do like the angel & storm pairing like in wolverine & the x-men.

i was interested for storm & bp to workout their marriage , but i guess black panther didn't find the right queen. heck, luke cage & jessica jones marriage is stronger and they're just average superheroes and don't come from royalty.

don't care for colossus & kitty relationship.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Black Panther is one of the best marvel characters.. and she had a choice to lose it at 12 thats her fault

jonesy10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kitty Pryde and Icman is the worst pairing ever. It worked in the movies because they made them the same age. In the comics, Bobby is many years older than Kitty and even so, he's often portrayed as an immature dumb-**s. What could a certified genius like Kitty see in Iceman? It felt like his attraction to her was out of the blue and out of character. And Storm and Wolverine is just.....wrong. I liked when the X-Men got it on with regular humans....luckily, it looks like we've seen the last of these lame couples

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#121  Edited By Selina_Sublime

Are there any good X-Couples?

Emma/Scott were good at first, but went bad very quickly.

Kitty/Colossus, Gambit/Rogue, Monet/Strong Guy, Jean/Scott, Jean/Wolverine were all really masochistic while Kitty acting as Iceman's beard was unnatural and uncomfortable to watch.

Layla/Madrox was also bizarre.

Also bad:

Moonstar/Cannonball

Psylocke/Angel

Psylocke/Fantomex

Wolfsbane/Elixir

X-23/Hellion

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@selina_sublime: Eventually all X-Couples turn to crap because writers can't write good, stable relationships.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kitty/Colossus, Gambit/Rogue, Monet/Strong Guy, Jean/Scott, Jean/Wolverine were all really masochistic while Kitty acting as Iceman's beard was unnatural and uncomfortable to watch.

Also bad:

Moonstar/Cannonball

Psylocke/Angel

Psylocke/Fantomex

Wolfsbane/Elixir

X-23/Hellion

I think any relationship with a superhero has to be a bit masochistic, I mean if the person you care about is constantly risking their life every day and you never know if you're going to see them again or not.... that's enjoying torturing yourself or being in constant emotional pain. Especially when they're both superheroes.

That being said, I think anyone that falls into a couple with Wolverine should just be shunned from all future relationships and falls under my worst couples ever.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma and Scott: Good at first but then all Emma did was stay in Scott's shadow...

Gambit and Rogue: It got annoying with the whole no touching but I still love you thing...

Jean and Scott: We all know what happened...

Jean and Logan: ...

phoenixgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kitty-Colossus and Cyclops-Emma

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Husk and Toad eeeewwww

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@frozon: @bababoom: to be fair, Husk was pretty much the only person sweet enough to give the poor guy a second look. Even Toad needs a little love. Who else was gonna give it to him?

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue- Magneto, and Storm-Forge was really random.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue and Magneto, it's weird and creepy.

Toad and Husk, i'm more of a fan of Husk being with Chamber and only Chamber, and while it was nice to see some focus on Toad, the relationship itself never worked because Husk was clearly insane at the time.

Storm and Black Panther, because no actual effort was ever put into making it work by the writers.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I know he's not an X-member, but what do people think of Kitty dating Star-Lord now?

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By KittyParker13

@wardishy: I find it interesting. I'm excited to see how it works out. She must have a thing for goofy blondes.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardishy: Yeah! I didn't even think of that...despite my username. u_u;;

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'm the only one who really liked the potential of the passion between Rogue and Magneto. It was just misused and ruined by Carey in the end :(

SunsetGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By SunsetGold

Magneto and Rogue - I'm going to pretend this pairing never existed. I always cringe whenever I think about it.

Gambit and X-23. She's way too young for him, just like Magneto is way too old for Rogue. Gambit has more of that sibling relationship with X-23, it just doesn't click as a romantic pairing. There's even been a hint of Gambit and Shadowcat. I don't see that either. They're good friends but as a pairing, it's a no. Gambit and Rogue is the ultimate pairing.

Rogue and Iceman - Not as bad as Magneto and Rogue, but this is another one I really dislike.

Shadowcat and Colossus - I never saw what was so special about this one. It just felt very out of place to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto and Rogue - I'm going to pretend this pairing never existed. I always cringe whenever I think about it.

Gambit and X-23. She's way too young for him, just like Magneto is way too old for Rogue. Gambit has more of that sibling relationship with X-23, it just doesn't click as a romantic pairing. There's even been a hint of Gambit and Shadowcat. I don't see that either. They're good friends but as a pairing, it's a no. Gambit and Rogue is the ultimate pairing.

Rogue and Iceman - Not as bad as Magneto and Rogue, but this is another one I really dislike.

Shadowcat and Colossus - I never saw what was so special about this one. It just felt very out of place to me.

When was their relationship anything but platonic?

SunsetGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By SunsetGold

@sprior93: There had been this shipping for Gambit and x-23 (Gambit and Laura) but I just don't see it as a pairing. There's even a discussion about it on here. I forgot to add Gambit and Polaris as well.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why? They have more in common than tons of other characters that are in relationships. Claiming that its a problem with their age difference is bollocks as Magneto is physically in his prime with knowledge of somebody has been around for 80+ years. You would have to then argue that anyone who is long lived, like Wolverine or even Wonder Woman, couldn't have a relationship with most people because that it would be "cringe worthy"

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iceman and a guy

Nightlocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane: I rather see Storm with a hairy furball then Black Panther that had sex with the goddess at only at age 12!Not to mention Storm class is much higher than Black Panther's. I always loved seeing Storm and Wolverine since the episode "One Man's Front" of the original X-Men in the 80's-90's.It made sense and the writer did really good for that pairing and it seem like she really love a man like the furball.

Where exactly are you deriving T'Challa's "lack of class?" Just because they got busy at a young age?

Anywho, I pretty much think anybody Wolverine's been linked to is wrong wrong wrong. He's a loner and he pined for Jean...but that was never NEVER meant to be. With Storm, no. Psylocke, no. Mystique, no. If there's anybody he can relate to as a friend, a fighter and a lover I'd say its Domino.

Also not a big Rogue/Gambit fan.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also bad:

Moonstar/Cannonball

Psylocke/Angel

Psylocke/Fantomex

Wolfsbane/Elixir

X-23/Hellion

so u dont like any couples???

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunsetgold said:

Why? They have more in common than tons of other characters that are in relationships. Claiming that its a problem with their age difference is bollocks as Magneto is physically in his prime with knowledge of somebody has been around for 80+ years. You would have to then argue that anyone who is long lived, like Wolverine or even Wonder Woman, couldn't have a relationship with most people because that it would be "cringe worthy"

Oh. For real?! I never thought about it like that! I thought Magneto was the same age through and through. So, Physical Prime as in his 20's or 30's? How old would you say he is? Yeah, i was a bit grossed out when I first heard about Rogueneto but I did not know about the Physical Prime thing. So Magneto is mentally/chronologically 80 or so years old, but how old is he physically?

Nightlocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:
@sunsetgold said:

Oh. For real?! I never thought about it like that! I thought Magneto was the same age through and through. So, Physical Prime as in his 20's or 30's? How old would you say he is? Yeah, i was a bit grossed out when I first heard about Rogueneto but I did not know about the Physical Prime thing. So Magneto is mentally/chronologically 80 or so years old, but how old is he physically?

I think there was some reversal of the aging process making him physically closer to her age...wasn't there? Was it Nanny or some alien that turned back time to make Magneto a baby?

Nightlocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zdub1216 said:

Personally, I'm tired of watching Iceman be placed in one shitty relationship after another. To me, Bobby's always been a major closet case. Plus, I feel as if the X-Men need to have a gay character (Northstar isn't really a central character to the franchise) and it already fits Bobby's character rather nicely. It would explain his relationship woes, his low self esteem, his inability to fulfill his true potential, his desire to never be serious. I don't know who gay Iceman should be with though (Northstar seems a little obvious -- pairing the only two gay characters together seems a bit obnoxious).

You called it.

Maybe he could hang out with Greymalkin ;P

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatekey said:
@cattlebattle said:
@sunsetgold said:

I think there was some reversal of the aging process making him physically closer to her age...wasn't there? Was it Nanny or some alien that turned back time to make Magneto a baby?

Magneto was born likely in the 1930s, as he was around 10 during the Nazi occupation and Auschwitz, he was "deaged" to an infant by some alien in the mid 1960s as an attempt to write out the character, he was then later restored, although.....at the time (1970s, 80s) he wasn't considered that old in age and it was really never mentioned that he was in his prime, I believe he was just supposed to be his natural age. I think they started mentioning that around the time Jim Lee drew the book in the early 90s as Lee had a propensity to draw every character like a bodybuilder and it would make sense if he was in his 30s with the physique he had so it was sort of a retcon....and it's pretty much been that way ever since that. It's quite confusing but yeah, Magneto is supposed be physically in his prime like Xavier, but is much older.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightlocke said:
@ultimatekey said:
@cattlebattle said:
@sunsetgold said:

Magneto was born likely in the 1930s, as he was around 10 during the Nazi occupation and Auschwitz, he was "deaged" to an infant by some alien in the mid 1960s as an attempt to write out the character, he was then later restored, although.....at the time (1970s, 80s) he wasn't considered that old in age and it was really never mentioned that he was in his prime, I believe he was just supposed to be his natural age. I think they started mentioning that around the time Jim Lee drew the book in the early 90s as Lee had a propensity to draw every character like a bodybuilder and it would make sense if he was in his 30s with the physique he had so it was sort of a retcon....and it's pretty much been that way ever since that. It's quite confusing but yeah, Magneto is supposed be physically in his prime like Xavier, but is much older.

How is Xavier in his prime? What happened that caused him to look so young? Obviously I always noticed that he is young-looking but I do not know the story behind it even though he is supposed to be chronologically/mentally 80 like Magneto. Now that I remember, fr some reason, I thought Magneto loked young because of his magnetism powers and his connection to the magnetic forces of Earth. I read somewhere that as long as the Earth is still there, Magneto is and the magnetic forces cause him to never age and cause him to appear in his physical prime............I thought that was it it, not the age reversal thing.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is Xavier in his prime? What happened that caused him to look so young? Obviously I always noticed that he is young-looking but I do not know the story behind it even though he is supposed to be chronologically/mentally 80 like Magneto. Now that I remember, fr some reason, I thought Magneto loked young because of his magnetism powers and his connection to the magnetic forces of Earth. I read somewhere that as long as the Earth is still there, Magneto is and the magnetic forces cause him to never age and cause him to appear in his physical prime............I thought that was it it, not the age reversal thing.

Xavier's original body became a Brood. The body he has now is a clone body and was retconned to be said to age slower than normal at some point.

You could be right about Magneto, that they say his connection to electro magnetic forces make him age slower than most people. That is likely a retcon however as they used to say that when Eric the Red brought him back to adulthood he brought him back to his physical prime....maybe they just go by both.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By adamTRMM

@ultimatekey said:
@cattlebattle said:
@nightlocke said:
@ultimatekey said:
@cattlebattle said:
@sunsetgold said:

To add to this convo, his age became an issue for the first time only when Alan Davis took over and decided to "resolve" the whole Joseph issue where for some crappy juxtaposition sake he retconned Magneto's age for the first time and put Joseph as an antithesis to the original guy, like if one is old, bitter, skilled and ruthless, the other is young, naive, inexperienced and hopeful. So while Magneto had the experience, but not the power due to his aging process (when a couple of years ago he was stated on panel to be physical "prime of his life"), Joseph had the power because he was young.

The funniest thing is, I'm always amused by those who can't comprehend Magneto's age/physicality debacle (claiming he HAS to be old), knowing what kind of age-specific madness happens in comics anyway. Even if he wasn't deaged, the idea that a guy breathes radiation should indicate just a little bit how his physicality might be slightly... I dunno, superior?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

To add to this convo, his age became an issue for the first time only when Alan Davis took over and decided to "resolve" the whole Joseph issue where for some crappy juxtaposition sake he retconned Magneto's age for the first time and put Joseph as an antithesis to the original guy, like if one is old, bitter, skilled and ruthless, the other is young, naive, inexperienced and hopeful. So while Magneto had the experience, but not the power due to his aging process (when a couple of years ago he was stated on panel to be physical "prime of his life"), Joseph had the power because he was young.

The funniest thing is, I'm always amused by those who can't comprehend Magneto's age/physicality debacle (claiming he HAS to be old), knowing what kind of age-specific madness happens in comics anyway. Even if he wasn't deaged, the idea that a guy breathes radiation should indicate just a little bit how his physicality might be slightly... I dunno, superior?

It's a confusing topic because, as you say, it's never really fully addressed until the *shudder* Joseph days. However, it wasn't really an issue either before that either because I think people were generally just more lenient with comics and their logic. These days everyone needs a realistic explanation for everything.