Which X-Men characters can Iron Man and Captain America beat.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

So the Avengers are Marvel number one team, no matter how annoying it is. Iron Man & Captain America are the most popular Avengers.

I'm curious to know what X-Men characters you think they can beat single-handedly.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

We are talking about Steve Rogers, who is not old with his main powers and Tony Stark in his normal Armor.

Now the X-Men have a lot of characters, so we only going to focus on the main X-Men and the Most popular X-men.

So these X-Men

Jean Grey(real Jean, one from New X-Men, Storm, Rogue, Psylocke, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, vampire Jubilee, Rachel Grey, Polaris, Magik, X-23 and Mystique. Wolverine, Magneto, Cyclops, Gambit, Cable, Colossus, Archangel, Iceman, Beast, Charles Xavier, Nightcrawler, Bishop, Havok, Banshee (Sean), Namor, Deadpool.

If Captain America or Iron Man were going to fight one of these X-Men characters single- handedly. Who can they beat and who can't they beat.

I will start first.

Captain America

X-Men he can beat : Cyclops, Gambit, Beast, Mystique, Banshee (Sean), Bishop and maybe Havok and Cannonball.

X-Men he can't beat : Jean Grey(real Jean, one from New X-Men), Storm, Psylocke, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Rachel Grey, Polaris, Magik, X-23 and Wolverine, Magneto, Cable, Colossus, Archangel, Iceman, Charles Xavier, Nightcrawler, Namor, Deadpool.

Close Matches : Rogue and Vampire Jubilee.

Iron Man

X-Men he can beat : Cyclops, Gambit, Beast, Mystique, Banshee (Sean), Vampire Jubilee.

X-Men he can't beat : Jean Grey(real Jean, one from New X-Men), Storm, Psylocke, Kitty Pryde, Rachel Grey, Polaris, Magik, and Magneto, Cable, Iceman, Charles Xavier, Nightcrawler, Namor, Deadpool.

Close Matches : Wolverine, Colossus, Archangel, Rogue, Emma Frost, Cannonball and X-23.

The X-Men are fully powered and Iron Man has no prep time. All fights are too the death. So if Captain America fights Colossus it will be to the death. Wolverine also has his healing factor.

What do you guys think.

Share your thoughts.

Who can Tony and Rogers beat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Well, you pretty much covered it ;)

However, I don't think Rogue vs Cap is a close match -- she would destroy him.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

Well, you pretty much covered it ;)

However, I don't think Rogue vs Cap is a close match -- she would destroy him.

maybe, she currently has Wonder Man powers. Rogers maybe able to stop her with his shield. You agree with the rest.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Koays

How is Rogue a Close match? Her current power set gets his arm ripped off and beat with it.

Jubilee, Cyke and Gambit aare the close matches. He can't close a gap on Cyke but if he did he'd win a fist fight....but he can't because The optic blast just won't stop till its over.

Jubes can turn into mist and has superstrong so its back and fourth until one gives.

And gambit has agility at Caps level and explosive power enough to stop a distance close.

Pretty much agree with everything for Ironman

.....except for close matches...X-23? Colossus?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

How is Rogue a Close match? Her current power set gets his arm ripped off and beat with it.

Jubilee, Cyke and Gambit aare the close matches. He can't close a gap on Cyke but if he did he'd win a fist fight....but he can't because The optic blast just won't stop till its over.

Jubes can turn into mist and has superstrong so its back and fourth until one gives.

And gambit has agility at Caps level and explosive power enough to stop a distance close.

but in th comicbook in avx tie ins cap vs gambit cap won

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont read ironman and i dont like him, so all x-men beat ironman even toad.......lollollol hahahahahahahaha

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap beating Cannonball?? lol. Cannonball beat Gladiator, the Superman analogue, and it's never been retconned.

/fanboying.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

cyke nukes both of them.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

but in th comicbook in avx tie ins cap vs gambit cap won

Psylocke fought Daredevil in AvX and the result wasn't a curbstomp....those battles are suspect.

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Captain America is pretty much the best Hand to hand fighter in Marvel. not many are even coming close to beating him. He's Beaten Telepaths and Telekinetics before.

Cap can take the vast majority of X-men in Hand to hand some will be curbstomps, others will have a rougher time, but Cap would win.

DD vs Psylocke, DD is next to Cap as one of Marvels top combatants. I love Betsy, but unless She went all out, The fight shoulda been a curb stomp on her. Iron man has beaten her before. She was winning until she got close. Then he fried her ass. Wolverine has never beaten cap and Wolverine is the X-mens best combatant.

Sorry if you woulda picked a couple other Avengers maybe, But you picked one of the most powerful, and one of the most talented and skillful humans like ever. He's also Top condition. Somebody needs to go back and read some more. Heh.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Last page where he shocks her won't load.

Contest of champions.

The X-teams pretty much got stomped. This is back when the X-men related titles were Marvels top seller also. The late 90's.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/my-quest-to-read-all-x-men-related-comics-in-order-from-beginning-to-present-time.102943/page-10

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

avx was dumb and annoying, so was axis though axis had a better story than avx. both were filled with pis concentrated pis

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Cap' or Iron-man beat most X-men in an Avengers story..

Most X-men beat Iron-man in an X-men story..

Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Emma, Iceman beat Cap' in an X-men story..

Kitty Pryde or Jean Grey beat Cap' or Iron Man regardless.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap beating Cannonball?? lol. Cannonball beat Gladiator, the Superman analogue, and it's never been retconned.

/fanboying.

Really when did that happen. What do you think of the rest of the characters.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

I really don't see Captain America being close to Rogue. Rogue destroys him. Realistically Cyclops, Gambit and a few others that we all know would lose to Cap really shouldn't.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@tazirai:

There are so many X-men that can kill Captain America literally without lifting a finger, so H2H will never even come up.

Daredevil vs Psylocke was so full of PIS it hurts, considering she is a telekinetic telepath that could have just psi blasted him to death with either a telekinetic or telepathic blast.

Dcmarveljoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dcmarveljoseph

anyone can beat cyclops, and both combatants have items that render his beam useless

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

Really when did that happen.

It happened in the 90s when Cannonball had his stint with the X-Men. Sometime before Onslaught.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:
@cattlebattle said:

/fanboying.

Really when did that happen. What do you think of the rest of the characters.

It was Uncanny X-Men #341 it happened after Onslaught. Gladiator wanted to recruit the X-Men to go to Shi'ar space to fight the Phalanx. He was unable to return to the home world, because Lilandra assigned the Imperial Guard to replace Earths heroes after they were "killed" during the Onslaught event.

No Caption Provided

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Why would Ironman lose to Deadpool and Namor? DP is a street leveler and he has beaten Namor before. Also why would Wolverine, Colossus, Archangel, hell even X-23 be a close fight?

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty spot on.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too much jobbery for me to handle.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: You pretty much answered your own OP lol :-)

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with most of these but:

- I think Rogue (current and most incarnations) would murder Cap

- Iron Man's speed and durability give him the odds to likely win against some of the X-Men listed as ones he can't beat or are close matches

SamantaGothic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SamantaGothic

nah, Scott beats all!

zdub327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with everyone who is saying that Cap America is arguably the best hand to hand fighter in the universe, and that Iron Man is tough af to defeat. Most X-Men wouldn't stand a chance.

I think cap would encounter difficulty fighting Wolverine. Their fight would be basically equal, I think, and the winner would depend on whether it was an X-Men or an Avengers story. The healing factor might push the scale in Wolvies direction tho. Ditto with Deadpool, actually.

I think he'd have a really close fight with Psylocke, as well. I think he'd definitely win (to me Psylocke is like Daredevil-level good, so up there but not quite the best).

Finally I think that Kitty Pryde, Cable, and probably even Cyclops could hold in there for a while, too. Cyke's hand to hand fighting hasn't been paid much attention to, but if the guy can hold his own with Wolverine than he must be good! Especially since he's so incredibly disciplined.

When it comes to fights that can include full powersets, though, I think Cap would encounter a hell of a lot more difficulty. I think that Jean could win for sure, and that Rogue, Storm, and Magneto all have a decent shot. Iceman is also a possibility (he has the raw elemental power, but my feeling is that his combat skills and intelligence are so average and his powers are still somewhat unmastered (he doesn't seem omega level to me yet), he'd definitely lose. From what I've heard, Rachel Summer has a definite shot, too.

________

I'm not as familiar with Iron Man but my guess is that beating him is probably all about raw power and invulnerability/stamina. I'd say that only Jean Grey has a shot, though Wolverine and Deadpool would be tough.

Rant aside, the only X-Men that I think are really capable of taking on Iron Man and Cap are Wolverine and Jean Grey.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zdub327: I agree with Psylocke, Wolverine, & Deadpool vs Cap H2H. But Cyclops would get destroyed by Cap in H2H. He has never held his own with Wolverine in a pure H2H fight either. He needed his powers. Kitty would get stomped in H2H too. Only Cable would likely have a decent fight with Steve but will ultimately lose (Cable lacks the skill feats). Rogue, especially with Wonder Man's powers, Storm, Iceman, Rachel and Magneto would demolish Captain America. They are well beyond his power class.

Iron Man can truly beat a lot the X-Men listed. If written to capacity Wolverine is not one of the X-Men who could beat Iron Man.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Immolation

@thunderbolt30 said:

@zdub327: I agree with Psylocke, Wolverine, & Deadpool vs Cap H2H. But Cyclops would get destroyed by Cap in H2H. He has never held his own with Wolverine in apure H2H fight either. He needed his powers. Kitty would get stomped in H2H too. Only Cable would likely have a decent fight with Steve but will ultimately lose (Cable lacks the skill feats). Rogue, especially with Wonder Man's powers, Storm, Iceman, Rachel and Magneto would demolish Captain America. They are well beyond his power class.

Iron Man can truly beat a lot the X-Men listed. If written to capacity Wolverine is not one of the X-Men who could beat Iron Man.

Yes he did. It was in the Savage Land arc in the late 70s. He was seemingly superior to Logan in that issue, but Logan was shaken up from fighting Legion.

zdub327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: interesting. so which X-Men if any do you think could beat Iron Man? Or for that matter, even hang in there against him?

And do you really think Iceman is currently skilled enough to beat Cap? I agree with everything else you said, but that part seems like maybe a stretch. Iceman still just seems kind of immature...

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 said:

@zdub327: I agree with Psylocke, Wolverine, & Deadpool vs Cap H2H. But Cyclops would get destroyed by Cap in H2H. He has never held his own with Wolverine in apure H2H fight either. He needed his powers. Kitty would get stomped in H2H too. Only Cable would likely have a decent fight with Steve but will ultimately lose (Cable lacks the skill feats). Rogue, especially with Wonder Man's powers, Storm, Iceman, Rachel and Magneto would demolish Captain America. They are well beyond his power class.

Yes he did. It was in the Savage Land arc in the late 70s. He was seemingly superior to Logan in that issue, but Logan was shaken up from fighting Legion.

Which is why he never did. Not only did Cyclops use his powers in that sneak attack, as you mentioned, Wolverine was severely mentally shaken. On top of that Wolverine was not yet established as the highly skilled combatant he is today. He was just a wild brawler without a skill feat to his name at the time. I think its a stretch to use that instance to support Cyclops H2H skill. Scott hasn't had any skill feats that would allow him to contend with a top tier fighter.

@zdub327 said:

@thunderbolt30: interesting. so which X-Men if any do you think could beat Iron Man? Or for that matter, even hang in there against him?

And do you really think Iceman is currently skilled enough to beat Cap? I agree with everything else you said, but that part seems like maybe a stretch. Iceman still just seems kind of immature...

If written to normal capacity Magik, Iceman, Magneto (when at his normal power levels), and possibly current Rogue would win a majority. Morals off there are a couple more who could win.

Yes, Iceman, even lacking the discipline and maturity of the other X-Men, is still too powerful for Cap. Steve has no way to put him down and no answer for his powers. He would get mobbed by an endless horde off ice clones or frozen in a block of ice.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zdub327: I agree with Psylocke, Wolverine, & Deadpool vs Cap H2H. But Cyclops would get destroyed by Cap in H2H. He has never held his own with Wolverine in a pure H2H fight either. He needed his powers. Kitty would get stomped in H2H too. Only Cable would likely have a decent fight with Steve but will ultimately lose (Cable lacks the skill feats). Rogue, especially with Wonder Man's powers, Storm, Iceman, Rachel and Magneto would demolish Captain America. They are well beyond his power class.

Just curious how can Steve beat Kitty, when he can't even touch her.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:
@thunderbolt30 said:

My post was speaking to a H2H fight and not with powers. With powers Kitty would win. Without powers Kitty, while quite skilled in martial arts, is not good enough to hold her own against Cap. The only X-Man who could (and could win) was Wolverine.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:
@thunderbolt30 said:

My post was speaking to a H2H fight and not with powers. With powers Kitty would win. Without powers Kitty, while quite skilled in martial arts, is not good enough to hold her own against Cap. The only X-Man who could (and could win) was Wolverine.

I just realized that, I apologized.I can't go into too much detail at the moment, going out soon. I will make a post sometime in the week.