Posted by time (5004 posts) 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: Which female should lead a X-Men team (44 votes)

Emma Frost 23%
Jean Grey (Grown up Jean Grey, the one from Morrison run) 16%
Kitty 25%
Porlais 2%
Rachel Grey 11%
Someone esle 23%
#1 Posted by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

I have left out Storm And Rogue, cause they already have lead a team.

#2 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: What's with all of your threads time!?

#3 Edited by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

Got bored decided to post some.

#4 Posted by Extremis (3350 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pumped for the all female team led by storm.

But otherwise, Kitty Pryde all the way!

#5 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6853 posts) - - Show Bio

Kittayyy!!!! But she is already kind of leading the Original 5 XMEN

#7 Posted by DishonestSnakeCharmer (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Polaris

#8 Edited by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

i voted Polaris, because she has always been in the shadow of some man. She is an uninspiring character who has remained stagnant and useless for a long time. If someone could see more potential in her and gave her a new direction as a leader, maybe then she can be a better character. I feel like she deserves it.

#9 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

Mm. Polaris is in need of some light. But other than her, i'd go for either Rachel, Dani or Hisako.

#10 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4559 posts) - - Show Bio

Dani Moonstar, natch'.

or..

..maybe co-leading a team with Anole?

#11 Posted by jhazzroucher (15744 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubilee

#12 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

Dani Moonstar, natch'.

or..

..maybe co-leading a team with Anole?

Moonstar over Armour, but still wouldn't mind either.

#13 Posted by TDK_1997 (14891 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see a book where Emma is leading a team of X-Men.

#14 Edited by Veitha (3279 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

I'd kill to see a book like that ahahahah

#15 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4559 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomchu said:

Moonstar over Armour, but still wouldn't mind either.

yeah, pretty much.

@veitha said:

@tdk_1997 said:

I'd kill to see a book like that ahahahah

I love Emma, she's one of my all-time fav's, but one of the most interesting things about her is that she's not all that great at being an X-man and she knows it. Like she told Kitty, "being an X-man means a lot to me, but it doesn't always agree with me". Yeah, I love Emma, but I really don't see her leading the X-men.

Although I am really enjoying that she's tied with Kitty in this poll; their's is one of the best rivalries in comics.

#16 Posted by McKlayn (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually Voted Rachel Grey, she can be a good character when written right and has been around forever, a chance for her to get her shine on would be cool enough. Its kind of annoying how they add her and then she doesnt show up for 2-3 books in a row, then when she does its a quick cameo blessing out Quire or something to that extent

#17 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4559 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: I've thought of Rachel as a totally wasted character since she returned to Excaliber in the 90's.

I don't really see her as leadership material, but I definitely think she should be given much more voice if they're going to bother keeping her around. Hopefully we'll see more of that in Wood's upcoming X-men.

#18 Posted by t3hLomb (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty is already leading the "All New X-Men" team.

Emma's ready to lead since she's already been co-leading with Cyclops for a while now.

#19 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

Danielle Moonstar. I'm ready for her to step up and be given a more central role in the X-Men, and I think she is ready, too. Restore her powers, expand them to full on illusion casting and/or telepathy in addition to her empathy and capitalize on the fact that archery is in. Plus she has built in angst being a legitimate minority in multiple contexts.

#20 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4559 posts) - - Show Bio

Danielle Moonstar. I'm ready for her to step up and be given a more central role in the X-Men, and I think she is ready, too. Restore her powers, expand them to full on illusion casting and/or telepathy in addition to her empathy and capitalize on the fact that archery is in. Plus she has built in angst being a legitimate minority in multiple contexts.

Yeah! This!!

#21 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Emma, I think she's got it all, good head on her shoulders, cares about the students. She can be a bit off putting though. I wonder if she could keep a team together in the rough times when people want to give up and quit.

Dani does seem groomed for the part. Domino would be cool. Too bad Hope and x-23 are too young.

Are we talking about x-men only or x-teams that kind of makes a difference? Someone who can lead x-men might not be suited for x-force

#22 Edited by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

Any X-Men team, deosn't have to be the main team.

#23 Edited by poisonfleur (3039 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL
Storm

#24 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Shadowcat is really the only female X-Man (X-Woman lol) that I even like so I voted for her.

#25 Posted by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm already lead, so I missed her, her and Rogue.

#26 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

#27 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Kitty would definitely lead, but not 616 Kitty, Bendis has proven that she's much better suited for time-displaced doppelgangers.

#28 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't like any of the choices in light of how the characters are now. Definitely would not touch that inane Morrison version of Jean Grey. AoA Rogue was a strong choice, Simonson Grey is better one. I like Kitty but she is largely designed to be something short of a real leader type. I do like her teacher "persona" that seems to be a good idea so far. Strongest female is Dani, right now.