• 76 results
#51 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they were both pretty terrible.

Last Stand tried to cram too many characters and too many plot ideas into one movie without doing anyone or anything any justice. It completely failed to deliver the Phoenix plotline even though the two previous movies had been carefull building up to it, it wasted time introducing new characters who ended up serving no greater purpose in the movie, and it gave such letdown endings to many of the central characters from the previous movies (mainly Cyclops, Rogue, Mystique, Jean, Xavier... oh hell - everyone, really). Overall, it was one big hot mess of a film that clearly lacked dignity and direction, and it was such a sad way to (temporarily) end a pretty good movie franchise.

Wolverine: Origins was a boring and forgettable gun show with explosions and ineffective fanservice. It was drawing from source material that could have easily been made into an exciting film, but it pretty much ruined it in delivery by speeding through the most interesting revelations of the original comic version of the Origins plotline within the first five minutes of the movie, and the spending the rest of the time retelling the story that was already mostly uncovered in the previous movies, tripping on plotholes, and marching in cameos of characters who really deserved more screen time that the script warranted them (what a waste of a good Gambit). It just basically ruined any chance it had to be engaging by killing all suspension in the very beginning and by focusing on telling the story the movie-going audience already knew, and not even being fun while at it.

I can't tell which I disliked more. Both movies bored me to tears between the occasional facepalms.

#52 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they were both pretty terrible.

Last Stand tried to cram too many characters and too many plot ideas into one movie without doing anyone or anything any justice. It completely failed to deliver the Phoenix plotline even though the two previous movies had been carefull building up to it, it wasted time introducing new characters who ended up serving no greater purpose in the movie, and it gave such letdown endings to many of the central characters from the previous movies (mainly Cyclops, Rogue, Mystique, Jean, Xavier... oh hell - everyone, really). Overall, it was one big hot mess of a film that clearly lacked dignity and direction, and it was such a sad way to (temporarily) end a pretty good movie franchise.

Wolverine: Origins was a boring and forgettable gun show with explosions and ineffective fanservice. It was drawing from source material that could have easily been made into an exciting film, but it pretty much ruined it in delivery by speeding through the most interesting revelations of the original comic version of the Origins plotline within the first five minutes of the movie, and the spending the rest of the time retelling the story that was already mostly uncovered in the previous movies, tripping on plotholes, and marching in cameos of characters who really deserved more screen time that the script warranted them (what a waste of a good Gambit). It just basically ruined any chance it had to be engaging by killing all suspension in the very beginning and by focusing on telling the story the movie-going audience already knew, and not even being fun while at it.

I can't tell which I disliked more. Both movies bored me to tears between the occasional facepalms.

I agree that both movies were not that well done and Last Stand made me really angry because of the way they killed off most of the cast while Origins had a convoluted story plot that didn't make much sense.

#53 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabbitearsblog: I'll take cheesy action flick over X-men meets Reservoir Dogs. Although the Deadpool thing was a deal breaker.

#54 Posted by cattlebattle (12792 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that both movies were not that well done and Last Stand made me really angry because of the way they killed off most of the cast while Origins had a convoluted story plot that didn't make much sense.

Most of the cast?? Dude, they killed off like two people, and it was all pretty justified. The actor who played Cyclops wanted to be in the movie of their opposition that summer with the director who just f'd them, Xavier was killed to increase Jeans menace....otherwise Jean would have just destroyed a bunch of fodder characters and background...and no one would of cared, and Jean died. All these characters have died and have been resurrected in the comics a couple of times, hell, there was never a body recovered for Cyclops and Xavier did resurrect at the end.

#55 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

Last Stand Of Course

#56 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio
#57 Posted by acer51 (2237 posts) - - Show Bio

Last Stand was just terrible. I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed Origins with the exception of what they did with Deadpool. So much potential there wasted.

This except I didn't totally hate last Stand, I mostly don't like it cause it deviates from the comics too much.

#58 Edited by Pokeysteve (8312 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51 said:

@pokeysteve said:

Last Stand was just terrible. I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed Origins with the exception of what they did with Deadpool. So much potential there wasted.

This except I didn't totally hate last Stand, I mostly don't like it cause it deviates from the comics too much.

I hated most of Last Stand but it had it's redeeming qualities. Iceman's ice form, Beast, and more of Colossus.

#59 Edited by Edamame (28171 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rank the movies like this:

1. X2
  2. X-Men: First Class
  3. X-Men
  4. X-Men: The Last Stand
  5. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

I'm looking forward to Wolverine and X-Men DOFP!

I agree with this.

#60 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51 said:

@pokeysteve said:

I hated most of Last Stand but it had it's redeeming qualities. Iceman's ice form, Beast, and more of Colossus.

I do agree that we actually get to see more of Colossus and Ice Man in this movie, so that was a highlight of the film.

#61 Posted by Wolverine08 (42510 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is my favorite character, so seeing him get screwed over in Wolverine:Origins still makes me want to punch my computer. So yea, I hate Origins more.

#62 Posted by jumpstart55 (2278 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither loved both. I'm not a nit picky comic book movie watcher. I dont really care if Wolverine Origins deviated to much from the comics, or if X-men the last stand killed off to many characters. I really enjoyed both films for what they were entertainment.

#63 Posted by Martian81 (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Origins... horrible, terrible and petrifying..Seriously what a waste of time....Will.I.Am... seriously I should have known it would suck right there!

#64 Posted by gambit75 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate all of Fox's X-men Movies.

#65 Edited by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL. Why would they doooooooo that?!

#66 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

Could someone please inform me as to why there is so much hate for these movies? Aside from what they did with Deadpool, I didn't really see anything wrong, on the other hand I only read DC comics. Was there anything about the movies that was drastically inaccurate from the source material?

#67 Posted by Experio (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm I the only who liked all? Last stand and Origins had flaws but were they not enjoyable.Or maybe it's hard for me to hate films or perhaps I dont understand X-Men as well as most people

#68 Posted by HolySerpent (12547 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine Origin was straight up terrible.

#69 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

A turd sandwich or a turd burger.

Spot on!

#71 Posted by Yasiiii4 (150 posts) - - Show Bio

The Last Stand at least tried IMO. X-Men Origins Wolverine is like a cheesy 80's Jean Claude Van Damme movie with modern actors in it.....In fact it more or less has the plot of the movie "Commando". The dialogue is terrible, the editing is terrible, they don't even get the powers right.....Blob, Cyclops, Gambit, Silverfox....unbelievable. I could actually sit here and tear into it, but I digress......So yeah, I think Wolverine is just a horrendous movie on so many levels

I agree with everything you said about Origins! It was terrible.

But for me I'm kind of biased towards Last Stand being worse, because Jean Grey is my favorite character, and they COMPLETELY shat on the entire Phoenix storyline! Also the love triangle with Kitty, Rogue and Bobby bugged me a lot. It also bugged me that they don't even mention Juggernaut and Xavier being related. Also again with all the people they killed off, that was just ridiculous, and they tried to stuff too many mutants into one movie. I could literally go on forever about the things that bothered me about that movie.

What I don't get, it why so many people hate on Singer, I really liked the first 2 X-Men and he had a lot to do with First Class. Although I'm not sure how DOFP is going to turn out, because I feel like the storyline is too complicated for Hollywood, I DO think Singer is the best choice to make the movie.

#72 Edited by Yasiiii4 (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Could someone please inform me as to why there is so much hate for these movies? Aside from what they did with Deadpool, I didn't really see anything wrong, on the other hand I only read DC comics. Was there anything about the movies that was drastically inaccurate from the source material?

Last Stand was drastically inaccurate
They did all sorts of characters completely wrong, Phoenix storyline was NOWHERE NEAR what it is in the comics, they completely f'd that one up. Juggernaut and Xavier are step brothers. Technically Juggernaut isn't a mutant, so in that scene where Kitty has that kid who's power is that mutant powers won't work around him, and Juggernaut hits the wall, that shouldn't have happened, because he's not a mutant. Rogue and Bobby have NEVER been a couple. Rogue is just completely wrong on every level and they make her look weak and useless. Mystique and Magneto have never actually worked together, they are separate villains. I don't recall Pyro ever being an X-Men and he's Australian! They messed up Callisto, didn't even give her her accurate powers. The asian with purple hair was supposedly supposed to be Psylocke, like wtf?! Also, it took them to one of the last scenes in the movie to show Iceman in his ice form, which he is ALWAYS in, when he is fighting. I can give you more examples if you need anymore.

#73 Posted by Binski (647 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoyed First Class I already forgot about all of the other ones and I seen them all in the theaters.

#74 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4807 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed both actually but I was more lenient with Last Stand it was acceptable for me story wise compare to Wolverine Origins. I felt like Origins had way too many random cameos for the sake of having cameos. Plus Baraka-Pool is > Cyke dying all quick even though in the last film he was barely there too.

( + )

#75 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Origins was far worse- I'm hoping they make Last Stand out to be another attempt at a mental block in Jean's head, so that way it's all just a fantastical dream and none of it really happened

#76 Posted by DarklyDreamingDeadpool (174 posts) - - Show Bio

i hate wolverine origins, if this movie had balls, i would not kick them, but rip them off and put it in it's throat, so it can shoke to death on it. this movie is an atrocity of a bunch of idiots that have no idea, who wolverine, deadpool or any other character of this movie is. i love deadpool and what they've done to him...... i would love to bomb fox out of this continuity.....

#77 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5646 posts) - - Show Bio

Origins. It was just not that interesting.

#78 Posted by 14NC3 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

I quite enjoyed wolverine origins but I hated last stand