#1 Posted by HAWK2916 (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

So looking at the solicits for the upcoming All-New Marvel Now (or whatever) Xforce, I see that Domino and Colossus are missing. Of course no one knows what will happen in the upcoming Uncanny Xforce/Cable and Xforce crossover, so its hard to get answers on this. But I know a few people are wondering where they are going? I guess really Hope,Forge,Spiral and Boom-Boom can be included in that question as well for that matter.

For Colossus.

When I heard he was joining Xforce, I was interested big time. I may be in the minority but personally I like when the big fella gives in to rage and goes all out. I thought the Colossanaut thing ended too quickly. Im not too much of a fan of how things have played with his attitude and wanting to be locked up for his crimes and all though his relationship with Domino is cool IMO since Kitty has beome whinny and doesnt know what she wants.

Part of me is a little concerned that he may not necessarily survive this upcoming crossover. Coincidentally I felt the same way about Rogue in Uncanny Avengers..and well. The treatment just seems to be a bit similar to hers.

I'm not really sure what the best fit for Colossus would be at this point. I thought maybe rejoining Cyclops' outlaw team since Colossus is in fact still "wanted". But then Im thinking about his relationship with his sister and now Kitty is over there as well. In BOTA (cant believe Im refering to that nonsense) it was portrayed that Magik possibly committed suicide and he took her soul sword or something, so i guess eventually they would make up, though that could have been altered (and really should be forgotten and never spoken of again). But thinking of the most recent things that transpired between them and even his conversation with Storm makes me think its not time for this just yet. Though i must admit having those two not trusting each other and at odds while on the same team could be complex.

Joining JGS would make sense also since they are looking for Nightcrawler who was his friend. But then Im wondering how we would be accepted considering the Schism and Phoenix 5 stuff. Who knows what the big hypocrite would say, as his character is going through menopause or something or least he's being written all over the place. Thinking of Storm also, I dont think they parted on the best of terms either with the team they were on or the Consequences of AVX where I believe she clearly wanted him to turn himself in. That being said Storm may be willing to accept him back and his full on redemption considering how she seemed to be ok with Bishop joining her Xforce squad.

For Domino.

She seems to be a perfect fit for an Xforce squad. Being a mercenary and remembering how she was in Kyle and Yost's Xforce just feels right. Plus it just feels that Domino fits with Cable. Im worried about her too, though. Considering how Marvel is giving attention to Longshot and how they have similar luck powers, plus thinking about how many writers tend to use death as a plot device or a way to develop other characters, I wonder. It just seems like too good a fit for her.

Other than Xforce, Domino has been on recently (last few years) Storm's team. Going back there would be cool. She also fits with what Cyclops is doing in Uncanny. I like for any team out there really because to me its just easy to see her fitting any scenario.

I actually thought it might be kinda cool to see her leading her own squad. She's really good with Cable part of me would like to see her separate from him also, which could further develop her character. I would love to see her and Cannonball with maybe Chamber, Husk, Boom-Boom, Sage and Frenzy and a few others maybe even Colossus, forming their own team and dealing with issues. Would love for Stacy X to be here too, I just like her personally.

As far as the two of them go, while I dont want their relationship to end, IMO its not necessary for them to be on the same team for it to carry on. I currently like how Beast's relationship with Abigail brand is. You know it's there and its referred to sometimes even off panel but they are doing different things. i think this can be true of Domino and Colossus as well. Being on the same team is fine but if not then that's cool too.

So I guess this question is two-fold. First off, what do you think happens to Domino and Colossus in this crossover? and... What do you see as the best fit for them either together or individually? You could include your dream scenario as well. Also any thoughts on Hope, Spiral, Bishop, Forge and Boom-Boom would be awesome too.

#2 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4106 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916:

I always thought colossus would eventually join Uncannu x-men. But today i went on bendis tumblr and a person ask him since CatXF is getting "cancelled" where does that leave Colossus. Would he join Uncanny X-men? Bendis basically said no. So it doesnt look like it, i guess no one would use him or maybe he would join wolverine and the JGS

As for domino, i thought she would be a good fit for the new x-force team. marvel just revealed 4 x-men in it, im pretty sure there would be more like domino joining. I guess you have to wait and see.

#3 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally would rather have Colossus be single for a few years so that way, he can be better developed as a character on his own, like how Gambit was developed as his own character before becoming an X-Men. It would make him stand out more like Wolverine if he got his own series and I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel decided to give him his own solo series like they are giving Magneto.

#4 Posted by HAWK2916 (2069 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916 said:

@rabbitearsblog: you think he might get the Legacy treatment?

Oh, I hope not. He was already killed off once and that would be repeating events again. Or do you mean that he will be placed in limbo for awhile, which might not go over well for many fans since Colossus has many fans as it is.

#6 Posted by HAWK2916 (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabbitearsblog: Nah I meant do you think he will be featured in an all new xmen legacy book, like what Legion got. My fault that was a bad play on words

#7 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4106 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally would rather have Colossus be single for a few years so that way, he can be better developed as a character on his own, like how Gambit was developed as his own character before becoming an X-Men. It would make him stand out more like Wolverine if he got his own series and I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel decided to give him his own solo series like they are giving Magneto.

colossus solo series? I think i like the idea of Domino having a solo series and maybe with boom boom in it too.

#8 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

It might be a good book, but I think it'd be a financial disaster. No one loves the big guy more than me and I'm saying that.

As for the question? I dunno to be honest. I'd very much like to see the two stay together. They're fun and one of the few things about Marvel Now I actually enjoy. If Bendis is telling the truth about Uncanny, I guess it'd make sense if he's pushing a possible terrible Kitty/Cyclops romance (I hear rumbling about people fearing such things). There's talk about a Utopian book coming out. He could end up there or in Magneto's book. I'm unsure, but it does stink that he hasn't been advertised anywhere yet.

#9 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Honeymoon. Let's have Hopeless permanently tie the knot on their relationship in CaXF's final issue and have them take a well-deserved break in Val Soledad. Not every X-Pairing needs to be showcased and ruminatively revolved around for the love to be real, and if Hopeless isn't the one who'll be handling both characters Post-CaXF then it's not really worth it.

This is an odd pairing considering the characters and circumstances involved but he managed to make it work. The magic probably wouldn't be there with any other writer.

#10 Edited by numi (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Honeymoon. Let's have Hopeless permanently tie the knot on their relationship in CaXF's final issue and have them take a well-deserved break in Val Soledad. Not every X-Pairing needs to be showcased and ruminatively revolved around for the love to be real, and if Hopeless isn't the one who'll be handling both characters Post-CaXF then it's not really worth it.

This is an odd pairing considering the characters and circumstances involved but he managed to make it work. The magic probably wouldn't be there with any other writer.

I have to agree with you here and this may be the best thing for them both for a while.

#11 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18926 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of like their relationship, even though its not very in depth (but lets be honest, the entire series isn't that deep either)

But its pretty fun. I don't think they're soul mates or anything, but they're more than just sex buddies too. I'd like to see more of them just doing their thing.

#12 Posted by numi (276 posts) - - Show Bio

If the editors at Marvel really want to put a nail in the coffin of the whole Colossus/Kitty thing, then I see Pete and Neena sort of just leaving at the end of the CaXF crossover to get some time alone and out of frame so to speak. In a year they come back and Dom's got a kid...

#13 Posted by HAWK2916 (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

I would think both their fan bases would be too big and would be outraged if they are just put on ice like this. I guess, and Im sure this sounds crazy, but they could go off real old-school like the adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix and raise a kid or something, but I doubt it. Personally I've always wanted Colossus to go all out and take no-prisoners. I mean really become a member of Xforce.

Another idea would be for him to join or form a team that's based on certain characters looking for redemption and behaving like DC's suicide squad, going into impossible situations with slim-chance of survival to accomplish whatever mission or objective.

#14 Edited by Wyrmdog (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiral is an X-Man now? Good grief I've been away a while.

#15 Posted by numi (276 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916 said:

I would think both their fan bases would be too big and would be outraged if they are just put on ice like this. I guess, and Im sure this sounds crazy, but they could go off real old-school like the adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix and raise a kid or something, but I doubt it. Personally I've always wanted Colossus to go all out and take no-prisoners. I mean really become a member of Xforce.

Another idea would be for him to join or form a team that's based on certain characters looking for redemption and behaving like DC's suicide squad, going into impossible situations with slim-chance of survival to accomplish whatever mission or objective.

Not that Marvel's ever given a damn about the fan base... just sales.

I like the suicide squad idea but if they were going to do that, they would already be advertising it. Little to no hope of that happening. Still if someone from Marvel were to actually read these forums and get some ideas, great!

#16 Posted by HAWK2916 (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

@numi: Yea you are right about that. I've been saying for the longest that if Marvel would even check out some of the teams and concepts on this board it would be awesome. Especially compared to what they do now.

#17 Edited by numi (276 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyrmdog said:

Spiral is an X-Man now? Good grief I've been away a while.

Eh, a quasi- x-man perhaps in that she was working alongside Storm's team in uncanny x-force but not an official member of it (the last time I checked).

#18 Posted by time (5166 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916 said:

So looking at the solicits for the upcoming All-New Marvel Now (or whatever) Xforce, I see that Domino and Colossus are missing. Of course no one knows what will happen in the upcoming Uncanny Xforce/Cable and Xforce crossover, so its hard to get answers on this. But I know a few people are wondering where they are going? I guess really Hope,Forge,Spiral and Boom-Boom can be included in that question as well for that matter.

For Colossus.

When I heard he was joining Xforce, I was interested big time. I may be in the minority but personally I like when the big fella gives in to rage and goes all out. I thought the Colossanaut thing ended too quickly. Im not too much of a fan of how things have played with his attitude and wanting to be locked up for his crimes and all though his relationship with Domino is cool IMO since Kitty has beome whinny and doesnt know what she wants.

Part of me is a little concerned that he may not necessarily survive this upcoming crossover. Coincidentally I felt the same way about Rogue in Uncanny Avengers..and well. The treatment just seems to be a bit similar to hers.

I'm not really sure what the best fit for Colossus would be at this point. I thought maybe rejoining Cyclops' outlaw team since Colossus is in fact still "wanted". But then Im thinking about his relationship with his sister and now Kitty is over there as well. In BOTA (cant believe Im refering to that nonsense) it was portrayed that Magik possibly committed suicide and he took her soul sword or something, so i guess eventually they would make up, though that could have been altered (and really should be forgotten and never spoken of again). But thinking of the most recent things that transpired between them and even his conversation with Storm makes me think its not time for this just yet. Though i must admit having those two not trusting each other and at odds while on the same team could be complex.

Joining JGS would make sense also since they are looking for Nightcrawler who was his friend. But then Im wondering how we would be accepted considering the Schism and Phoenix 5 stuff. Who knows what the big hypocrite would say, as his character is going through menopause or something or least he's being written all over the place. Thinking of Storm also, I dont think they parted on the best of terms either with the team they were on or the Consequences of AVX where I believe she clearly wanted him to turn himself in. That being said Storm may be willing to accept him back and his full on redemption considering how she seemed to be ok with Bishop joining her Xforce squad.

For Domino.

She seems to be a perfect fit for an Xforce squad. Being a mercenary and remembering how she was in Kyle and Yost's Xforce just feels right. Plus it just feels that Domino fits with Cable. Im worried about her too, though. Considering how Marvel is giving attention to Longshot and how they have similar luck powers, plus thinking about how many writers tend to use death as a plot device or a way to develop other characters, I wonder. It just seems like too good a fit for her.

Other than Xforce, Domino has been on recently (last few years) Storm's team. Going back there would be cool. She also fits with what Cyclops is doing in Uncanny. I like for any team out there really because to me its just easy to see her fitting any scenario.

I actually thought it might be kinda cool to see her leading her own squad. She's really good with Cable part of me would like to see her separate from him also, which could further develop her character. I would love to see her and Cannonball with maybe Chamber, Husk, Boom-Boom, Sage and Frenzy and a few others maybe even Colossus, forming their own team and dealing with issues. Would love for Stacy X to be here too, I just like her personally.

As far as the two of them go, while I dont want their relationship to end, IMO its not necessary for them to be on the same team for it to carry on. I currently like how Beast's relationship with Abigail brand is. You know it's there and its referred to sometimes even off panel but they are doing different things. i think this can be true of Domino and Colossus as well. Being on the same team is fine but if not then that's cool too.

So I guess this question is two-fold. First off, what do you think happens to Domino and Colossus in this crossover? and... What do you see as the best fit for them either together or individually? You could include your dream scenario as well. Also any thoughts on Hope, Spiral, Bishop, Forge and Boom-Boom would be awesome too.

I don't think there relationship makes any sense at all. I prefer Domino with Cable or Wolverine. I don't think Colossus will rot in comic limbo, after Cable and the X-Force comes to end. Here probley join Uncanny X-Men next year. I'm worried about Domino, I've heard no news of her being in the new X-Force. No word on Boom Boom either, which sucks.

#19 Posted by numi (276 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@hawk2916 said:

For Colossus.

For Domino.

I don't think there relationship makes any sense at all. I prefer Domino with Cable or Wolverine. I don't think Colossus will rot in comic limbo, after Cable and the X-Force comes to end. Here probley join Uncanny X-Men next year. I'm worried about Domino, I've heard no news of her being in the new X-Force. No word on Boom Boom either, which sucks.

Actually, the way Hopeless wrote it, their relationship makes perfect sense to me. That being said I don't think it will survive in another writers hands.

#20 Edited by time (5166 posts) - - Show Bio

@numi: I thought Domino would of hook up with Cable instead of Colossus.

#21 Posted by numi (276 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@numi: I thought Domino would of hook up with Cable instead of Colossus.

What made you think that? Something more than the same sort of nostalgia that keeps putting Pete back with Kitty? Don't get me wrong, I loved both couples at the time and it's taken a lot for me to let them go but the evolution of all the characters does make sense. Whether these particular two continue to make sense or not will depend on the writing of whoever gets them.

So if you had to choose between seeing them as a couple or only Pete getting picked up by a title and Domino going into limbo, which would you choose?

#22 Posted by HAWK2916 (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

While I was pretty cool with Kitty and Colossus being together back in the day. I always kind of thought Kitty should have been with someone like Cannonball. Im not tied to that nostalgia at all really although I thought her and Iceman was kind of stupid. Domino and Colossus was very much unexpected so I dont really care one way or the other. Its just that i get tired of Marvel playing russian roulette with every relationship.

I wouldnt say the relationship has to be the main focus of any book either of the two are in. In fact they dont have to be in the same book at all to have a relationship. I just dont want either killed or going into Limbo. Although I will say if Domino died or went into a coma similar to Micheal Pointer (we dont have to kill her) it might serve my dreams of converting Colossus into the badass, take no prisoners, head-bashing character I've wanted him to be.

Even still I will say that I see far more of a fit on most teams for Domino more so than Colossus. Imo its never been explored as to how he feels about Xavier's death. Some people criticize Remender's recent portrayal of Rogue but at least he was trying to express her feelings about Xavier and her being in the stage of grief in which you are angry and looking to blame someone. This has hardly been done with any other character save a passing quote by Cyclops or Wolverine, in which Wolverine's was the stupidest thing I've heard recently.

#23 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4106 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916: Didnt kitty used to date cypher and now kitty is a grown up(21-24) while doug is a teenager but when they first meet they were the same age???

@numi

#24 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

I still rather have Kitty and Colossus back together (although that's just me), but maybe it would be best if Colossus and Domino stayed apart for awhile since I know that the next writer might mess up their relationship and maybe, we will finally get a solo series for Colossus! I know I sound a bit bitter about this, but I'm just tired of Marvel breaking up relationships for no reason at all and not letting characters have a long and happy relationship (don't get me started with the Spider Man / Mary Jane thing).

#25 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4106 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by HAWK2916 (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

So now that the Vendetta crossover is done and both survived.... any new thoughts or ideas on the landing spot for either of the two?

#28 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Piotr for Kurt's new ongoing solo. Assuming the narrative revolves around Logan, Kurt and Piotr traveling the world of X and the world itself. I miss these three. I miss the family.

#29 Posted by numi (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a thought.

Dennis Hopeless has said, "Avengers Undercover (out in March) is the only Marvel project of mine that has been announced." ~1/22/14 HopelessDent on twitter

That combined with Legacy ending (I'm not sure if there has been an announcement of that going forward) I'm lead to believe he's going to have another project with Marvel coming up and it might be Legacy with the two of them. Or it could be something new, maybe a third group of X-men that are unaligned with Scott or Logan? Because I could totally see the both of them going off along with other mutants that reject the whole thing.

#30 Posted by darthphoenix (968 posts) - - Show Bio

Colosus in scott's team.

Domino would be great at the JG school. wolvie's team need more mutants with attitude

#31 Edited by Cutter (970 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Domino and Colossus make a nice couple. Domino is better of with cable and Colossus with Scanner...lol.

#32 Posted by numi (276 posts) - - Show Bio

@cutter said:

I don't think Domino and Colossus make a nice couple. Domino is better of with cable and Colossus with Scanner...lol.

What? Scanner? I've got to shake my head there. Besides, I loved the way Hopeless wrote Neena and Piotr.

I am curious though, what makes you say Scanner? Or are you just messing with me.

#33 Edited by Cutter (970 posts) - - Show Bio

@numi said:

@cutter said:

What? Scanner? I've got to shake my head there. Besides, I loved the way Hopeless wrote Neena and Piotr.

I am curious though, what makes you say Scanner? Or are you just messing with me.

You truly sound like Colossus...lol. The reason I thought scanner can take the place with Colossus...was because at some point they did had some kind of affection for each other...I speak with prove...here it is.

#34 Posted by numi (276 posts) - - Show Bio

@cutter said:

@numi said:

@cutter said:

You truly sound like Colossus...lol. The reason I thought scanner can take the place with Colossus...was because at some point they did had some kind of affection for each other...I speak with prove...here it is.

Eeeehhhh, that panel alone makes me think more like big brother / little sister affection... and we know where that got him last time. The thing is, he is a nice guy to almost everyone and could work with a lot of different women but, where's the spark? That's what I saw between him and Domino. Someone with a strong enough hand to correct him but still with the best of intentions in mind. I think the big guy needs a benevolent dictator who knows what she wants.

#35 Posted by Cutter (970 posts) - - Show Bio

@numi: You don't think this affection could've got any further? Well...let just leave there. In my belief, Colossus is better off with kitty. Even though, they're not together (I think), but don't you think the best couple ever occur was when he was with Kitty? Domino would make a perfect couple with Cable. Anyway, at the last min...I would like to see Domino and Colossus in a relationship to see how this play. I'm just curious about their romantic involvement...but if you believe they should be couple...then the hell with it...let give it a try. I was just giving an opinion like everyone else.

#36 Posted by numi (276 posts) - - Show Bio

@cutter said:

@numi: You don't think this affection could've got any further? Well...let just leave there. In my belief, Colossus is better off with kitty. Even though, they're not together (I think), but don't you think the best couple ever occur was when he was with Kitty? Domino would make a perfect couple with Cable. Anyway, at the last min...I would like to see Domino and Colossus in a relationship to see how this play. I'm just curious about their romantic involvement...but if you believe they should be couple...then the hell with it...let give it a try. I was just giving an opinion like everyone else.

I don't know if it could have gone further, to be honest, I haven't read much of the acolytes and I appreciate the opinion. It's not like I'm set in one idea as far as couples go but I'm sick of Marvel throwing them into a pot and making couples just for the hell of it. I think it all depends on the writers at the moment and what one makes us believe in another will trash just to trash it. I don't think Kitty will make a decent half of a couple until she figures out what she wants.

That being as it is, I like there to be a spark in a couple, a little back and forth where they don't back down from each other and I saw that in CaXF between Dom and Pete. *shrugs* I'm sure another writer will screw it up.

Which brings to mind your posting lately regarding the acolytes. What if both Pete and Neena were to appear in Magneto's book? Supporting characters as it were?

#37 Posted by Cutter (970 posts) - - Show Bio

@numi: I have to admit you DO have good opinions. Well then, that would be an interesting story. Now that you mention it, It wouldn't sound bad seeing these two characters in the Magneto book (even though I never thought about it). But it would be great to see this coming, and maybe they'd be a couple. Now I'm feeling even more excited...lol.

#38 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

I can really only imagine a few possibilities. He's either going to end up with Uncanny (Unlikely considering he wants to murder half of that team), Magneto's book or in Claremont's (he always had a thing for Colossus) Nightcrawler book. I'm cool with either of the last two.

As far as Domino goes? Your guess is as good as mine. I only hope she doesn't go into limbo as that would be a shame. She was a stand out this past year.

#39 Edited by devilsgrin81 (756 posts) - - Show Bio

I can really only imagine a few possibilities. He's either going to end up with Uncanny (Unlikely considering he wants to murder half of that team), Magneto's book or in Claremont's (he always had a thing for Colossus) Nightcrawler book. I'm cool with either of the last two.

As far as Domino goes? Your guess is as good as mine. I only hope she doesn't go into limbo as that would be a shame. She was a stand out this past year.

i'd agree on Colossus... off with Mags or the Elf.

Domino tho... it was really great seeing her get significant page-time... but tbh i found her to be kinda boring. She's a bit of a Mary-Sue, "everything will work out" coz she's lucky...? Fun sure... but she always wins out. hard to enjoy more than a couple of times... and for her it was practically every issue.

#40 Posted by numi (276 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry said:

i'd agree on Colossus... off with Mags or the Elf.

Domino tho... it was really great seeing her get significant page-time... but tbh i found her to be kinda boring. She's a bit of a Mary-Sue, "everything will work out" coz she's lucky...? Fun sure... but she always wins out. hard to enjoy more than a couple of times... and for her it was practically every issue.

I'd say it's more than that she's lucky. She's also been shown to be an obsessive planner, which takes a lot of luck out of situations and I think all teams need a planner. Going in guns hot with no plan seems more like something you would expect from a probability manipulator but that's not the way she is being portrayed.