what X-men 3 was going to be

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

"Mike Dougherty, director of the long-delayed and mistreated Trick ‘r Treat and co-writer of X-Men 2 joined the /Filmcast over the weekend and in their special “After Dark” segment, where they talk about whatever’s on their mind, their conversation hit on the interesting subject of X-Men 3, for which Dougherty and Singer were not a part of, but would have been had Singer not swung over to DC to make Superman Returns (for which Dougherty helped write).

“The idea – you open up with Alkali Lake but it’s completely barren and dried up and there are these odd reports of strange phenomena going on around the world accompanied by bright lights in the sky.”

“The idea would be that both the X-Men and the Brotherhood realize that essentially a very god-like force had entered their reality and that it was causing disruptions around the world – mutant prisons being decimated. I had pitched an idea about a fleet of cargo ships getting torn apart in the Atlantic and you found out that they were shuttling mutants as slave labor. So basically you found out was that Phoenix was going round the world taking things into her own hands and that she had basically returned as a god, which they did touch upon in X3. She had viewed herself as above the conflict, that she was here to end things on her terms, she was basically sick of the fighting and she was going to take things into her own hands and she didn’t give a shit what the X-Men or the Brotherhood had to say about it. The one idea that I loved, that I really wanted to do, was that Cyclops would build the Danger Room. Cyclops felt guilty, he felt that because the X-Men were too weak, they weren’t strong enough, they weren’t fast enough, that was the reason Jean died. If they were a little bit better at fighting, then she might still be alive. It was all about this guilt he had about her death and so he built the Danger Room to train them to be better. But in the end it really was about him not being able to let go of her, so that causes all the chaos and disruption in the movie. But in the end it’s about him letting her go.” “Ultimately she kind of becomes that cosmic force that Phoenix is known to be, she choose to leave Earth and become a god, or at least a higher level of intelligence, and she goes into the cosmos possibly to kick-start life somewhere else… The final scene for me would have been her telling Cyclops or her telling the X-Men ‘I’ll be watching.’ Essentially she becomes a god.”

source

what do you guys think of this version of X-men the last stand?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Still would have been stupid.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By BappyRonChantin

I have read it before. Would be much better than the last stand at least.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have read it before. Would be much better than the last stand at least.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sounds like F4, not x-men

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not the greatest...bit far far better than last stand

Pikachunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not perfect, but better.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah. Phoenix Force should be Phoenix Force not Jean Grey deciding to fly into space. Galactus should be Galactus. On and on. I am starting to hate the non-Marvel Studios Marvel stuff. Please TOAA, make them give Marvel their rights back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this would never have been approved for production because the movie does not revolve around wolverine lol

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cattlebattle

@edblank said:

Nah. Phoenix Force should be Phoenix Force not Jean Grey deciding to fly into space. Galactus should be Galactus. On and on. I am starting to hate the non-Marvel Studios Marvel stuff. Please TOAA, make them give Marvel their rights back.

Initially, before editorial decided to bring the Jean grey back to life making the "Phoenix Force" a thing, Jean was just a very powerful mutant that was cosmic level......she was potentially the next step in human evolution after mutants, and she actually did fly into space and devoured a sun at one point. Which sounds similar to what they were going to do here.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank said:

Initially, before editorial decided to bring the Jean grey back to life making the "Phoenix Force" a thing, Jean was just a very powerful mutant that was cosmic level......she was potentially the next step in human evolution after mutants, and she actually did fly into space and devoured a sun at one point. Which sounds similar to what they were going to do here.

Oh. Was this before like 91-92?

I think I like Phoenix Force as separate cosmic entity better.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank said:

Oh. Was this before like 91-92?

I think I like Phoenix Force as separate cosmic entity better.

Yeah. In the original story, Claremont and Byrne just intended it to be Jeans full power realized. "Phoenix" was just her codename, and she was just supposed to remain dead after the Dark Phoenix saga. Jean being brought back to life was a decision by editorial because they wanted to reunite the original X-Men in X-Factor for fiscal reasons. Despite the fact it retconned and kind of ruined the importance of the Dark Phoenix saga.

A lot of fans dislike the the whole "Phoenix Force" concept. It unnecessarily makes the whole concept very convoluted.