• 79 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by time (4916 posts) 1 year, 28 days ago

Poll: What X-lady should have a baby (59 votes)

Rogue 5%
Storm 20%
Kitty 12%
Emma 25%
Jean Grey ( Adult Jean Grey) 10%
Rachel Grey 0%
Psylocke 7%
Kitty. 5%
Mystique 2%
Siryn 0%
someone esle 14%

At the Moment Jubilee has a baby, but not really her baby. What X-Lady should have a baby and who should they have it with. Cyclops and Jean Grey have the biggest family in the X-Men comics. I would like a new family in the X-Men franchise. How about you ?

#1 Posted by time (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like Rogue and Gambit to get back together and have a baby. I would like Rogue and Gambit to become parents and raise a child.

#2 Edited by MagnificentStorm (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

STORM i mean watcher did tell her an BP they would have a child so just waiting :/

But Rouge an Gambit having a child would be amazing

But the most surprising would me Mystique an Sabertooth having a child OMG THAT WOULD B EPIC because of what thier doing now

#3 Posted by time (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

STORM i mean watcher did tell her an BP they would have a child so just waiting :/

But Rouge an Gambit having a child would be amazing

But the most surprising would me Mystique an Sabertooth having a child OMG THAT WOULD B EPIC

I would mind Mystique having a child, maybe she get second a chance to be a mother.

#4 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Yep hopefully she doesnt have to kill this one. :(

#5 Posted by Veitha (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm, she'd be a good mother

#6 Posted by time (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Yep hopefully she doesnt have to kill this one. :(

I wonder how Rogue will feel about it.

#7 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Emma having a baby would be really interesting.

None of the other options interest me at all.

#8 Posted by time (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Emma having a baby would be really interesting.

None of the other options interest me at all.

I wouldn't mind Emma to have one, but I prefer Rogue or Storm to have one.

#9 Posted by darthphoenix (660 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean has Rachel

Rachel has hyperstorm

Emma has ruby

Mystique has nightcrawler

#10 Posted by chalkshark (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

Havok & Polaris.

#11 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Siryn again? Luckily she's a demon now.

#12 Posted by time (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean has Rachel

Rachel has hyperstorm

Emma has ruby

Mystique has nightcrawler

We want a baby born in this time.. Which lady would you pick.

#13 Posted by time (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

Havok & Polaris.

so wouldn't you vote for someone esle in the above poll.

#14 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott and Emma with a kid called Autumn because puns are awesome.

#15 Posted by time (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

Siryn again? Luckily she's a demon now.

Who would you like to see have a child.

#16 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@john_valentine said:

Siryn again? Luckily she's a demon now.

Who would you like to see have a child.

No one comes to mind at present. In my opinion, most the the X-women, save for Storm/Emma, are in their 20s:

(My approximate ages)

  • Hope - 17
  • Jubilee- 21
  • Monet - 22
  • Siryn - 23
  • Kitty - 24/25
  • Rachel Grey - 24/25
  • Rogue - 27/28
  • Psylocke -29/30
  • (Adult Jean would be around 32, IMO)
  • Emma - 33
  • Storm - 35

Most are too young to have children at the moment and I don't really see how it would anything of value to their characters. Then there's the issues of the ageing of the child in the comic etc.

#17 Posted by time (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@john_valentine said:

Siryn again? Luckily she's a demon now.

Who would you like to see have a child.

No one comes to mind at present. In my opinion, most the the X-women, save for Storm/Emma, are in their 20s:

(My approximate ages)

  • Hope - 17
  • Jubilee- 21
  • Monet - 22
  • Siryn - 23
  • Kitty - 24/25
  • Rachel Grey - 24/25
  • Rogue - 27/28
  • Psylocke -29/30
  • (Adult Jean would be around 32, IMO)
  • Emma - 33
  • Storm - 35

Most are too young to have children at the moment and I don't really see how it would anything of value to their characters. Then there's the issues of the ageing of the child in the comic etc.

I don't think age really matters, in real life there 15 years old have kids. I would like Rogue or Storm to become mothers and raise there child in the present time comics.

#18 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@john_valentine said:

@time said:

@john_valentine said:

Siryn again? Luckily she's a demon now.

Who would you like to see have a child.

No one comes to mind at present. In my opinion, most the the X-women, save for Storm/Emma, are in their 20s:

(My approximate ages)

  • Hope - 17
  • Jubilee- 21
  • Monet - 22
  • Siryn - 23
  • Kitty - 24/25
  • Rachel Grey - 24/25
  • Rogue - 27/28
  • Psylocke -29/30
  • (Adult Jean would be around 32, IMO)
  • Emma - 33
  • Storm - 35

Most are too young to have children at the moment and I don't really see how it would anything of value to their characters. Then there's the issues of the ageing of the child in the comic etc.

I don't think age really matters, in real life there 15 years old have kids. I would like Rogue or Storm to become mothers and raise there child in the present time comics.

Well, considering that Kitty's aged maybe a maximum of 10 years since she was introduced over 30 years ago I don't think it's viable to have a child growing up in real time in the comics. If this were to be the case, your chosen X-Woman would be pregnant for three years worth of reading.

For most of her history Rogue has barely been able to control her powers, I don't think throwing in a kid on top of that would help her. Moreover, Neither Storm nor Rogue have partners at present. And what about the practicalities of having a child as a superhero? What about the added dangers to the child?

Also, children in comics are inherently boring/annoying. They could either be a) average or b) god-like/supersmart (See Richards children).

These sort of things work in alternate reality stories, but not in present MU.

So, no, I don't want any X-Woman to have children at the moment and, in addition, I don't think any of them are in a suitable position to have children.

#19 Posted by time (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@john_valentine said:

@time said:

@john_valentine said:

Siryn again? Luckily she's a demon now.

Who would you like to see have a child.

No one comes to mind at present. In my opinion, most the the X-women, save for Storm/Emma, are in their 20s:

(My approximate ages)

  • Hope - 17
  • Jubilee- 21
  • Monet - 22
  • Siryn - 23
  • Kitty - 24/25
  • Rachel Grey - 24/25
  • Rogue - 27/28
  • Psylocke -29/30
  • (Adult Jean would be around 32, IMO)
  • Emma - 33
  • Storm - 35

Most are too young to have children at the moment and I don't really see how it would anything of value to their characters. Then there's the issues of the ageing of the child in the comic etc.

I don't think age really matters, in real life there 15 years old have kids. I would like Rogue or Storm to become mothers and raise there child in the present time comics.

Well, considering that Kitty's aged maybe a maximum of 10 years since she was introduced over 30 years ago I don't think it's viable to have a child growing up in real time in the comics. If this were to be the case, your chosen X-Woman would be pregnant for three years worth of reading.

For most of her history Rogue has barely been able to control her powers, I don't think throwing in a kid on top of that would help her. Moreover, Neither Storm nor Rogue have partners at present. And what about the practicalities of having a child as a superhero? What about the added dangers to the child?

Also, children in comics are inherently boring/annoying. They could either be a) average or b) god-like/supersmart (See Richards children).

These sort of things work in alternate reality stories, but not in present MU.

So, no, I don't want any X-Woman to have children at the moment and, in addition, I don't think any of them are in a suitable position to have children.

I think if one of them had child, it will create more stories and more development for a character. I'm tired of Jean and Scott having the biggest family in the X-Men franchise. It time for new family a think.

#20 Edited by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by cosmicx (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma and Logan

#22 Edited by time (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

@john_valentine said:

It would pretty much just been the same Grey-Summers stories but with a new set of characters.

What sort of stories would you come up with for your Rogue child?

How is Rogue going to raise a child, will she be able to touch it. What powers will it have. Will Magneto or Gambit be the father. What influence will Mystique have on it. What impact will this baby have on the X-Men team etc. A baby brings more stories.

The Summers/Grey family has biggest stories in the X-Men franchise and it's getting old and boring. It's time for another character to make a mark on the X-Men franchise. I would like to see real family in the X-Men team for once. Why does the fantastic four only get that.

#23 Posted by time (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott and Emma with a kid called Autumn because puns are awesome.

Another kid for Scott, no thanks.

#24 Edited by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@john_valentine said:

It would pretty much just been the same Grey-Summers stories but with a new set of characters.

What sort of stories would you come up with for your Rogue child?

How is Rogue going to raise a child, will she be able to touch it. What powers will it have. Will Magneto or Gambit be the father. What influence will Mystique have on it. What impact will this baby have on the X-Men team etc. A baby brings more stories.

The Summers/Grey family has biggest stories in the X-Men franchise and it's getting old and boring. It's time for another character to make a mark on the X-Men franchise. I would like to see real family in the X-Men team for once. Why does the fantastic four only get that.

In 33 years time, when the child is just around 10, those stories will be great (but only if it's Scott's or Alex's child).

The X-Men used to be a family. They also used to play baseball. I want more baseball issues.

#25 Posted by time (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@john_valentine said:

It would pretty much just been the same Grey-Summers stories but with a new set of characters.

What sort of stories would you come up with for your Rogue child?

How is Rogue going to raise a child, will she be able to touch it. What powers will it have. Will Magneto or Gambit be the father. What influence will Mystique have on it. What impact will this baby have on the X-Men team etc. A baby brings more stories.

The Summers/Grey family has biggest stories in the X-Men franchise and it's getting old and boring. It's time for another character to make a mark on the X-Men franchise. I would like to see real family in the X-Men team for once. Why does the fantastic four only get that.

In 33 years time, when the child is just around 10, those stories will be great (but only if it's Scott's or Alex's child).

The X-Men used to be a family. They also used to play baseball. I want more baseball issues.

I think it will be better if child wasn't Cyclops or Havok. I missed the old days, baseball, picnics and going to the cinema.

#26 Posted by TDK_1997 (14486 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma should have a baby with Cyclops or Rogue with Gambit.

#27 Edited by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

Rahne Sinclair.

This could be loaded with story opportunities.

Rahne's spiritual beliefs could play an interesting role: Is she a single mom? ... out of wedlock? How is this weighing on her?

Her motherly instincts would make her even more ferocious in wolf form.

Instead of having one baby, she'd have a litter. Wolf pups are so cute.

Edit: holy crap, this happened?

I'm currently on volume 4 of x-factor vol.2, without spoiling too much, does this happen in x-factor vol.2? Do I have it to look forward to? Or did it happen in a different book?

#28 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott and Emma with a kid called Autumn because puns are awesome.

so it would be autumn frost-summers....lol

#29 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Rahne Sinclair.

This could be loaded with story opportunities.

Rahne's spiritual beliefs could play an interesting role: Is she a single mom? ... out of wedlock? How is this weighing on her?

Her motherly instincts would make her even more ferocious in wolf form.

Instead of having one baby, she'd have a litter. Wolf pups are so cute.

Edit: holy crap, this happened?

I'm currently on volume 4 of x-factor vol.2, without spoiling too much, does this happen in x-factor vol.2? Do I have it to look forward to? Or did it happen in a different book?

This happens in X-Factor Vol.2. From the late 2010 issues onwards.

(She becomes pregnant in X-Force Vol.3).

#30 Posted by darthphoenix (660 posts) - - Show Bio

storm

#31 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

@john_valentine: I loved when they played Storms. If anything they should make a Olympics event for the superheros i would love that

#32 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: OOOOOoOOOH ADDED TENSION HEHEHEHE I LOVE IT

#33 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@john_valentine: I loved when they played Storms. If anything they should make a Olympics event for the superheros i would love that

Played Storm's what?

#34 Edited by Teerack (5430 posts) - - Show Bio

Teenage Jean would make for a really good story... all the ones on the poll sound like the most boring story dragging plots ever.

#35 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

@john_valentine: thanks! So if I keep reading it's going to happen, nice.

Btw really enjoying x-factor vol.2 thanks to a recommendation from oldnightcrawler.

#36 Posted by poisonfleur (2978 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like Jubilee with her baby now.

AND EMMA is winning this Poll!??!?! WHYYYYYY???

BTW-- I may be a Storm fan-- But I voted Mystique. (So don't even go there)

#37 Posted by jhazzroucher (15233 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm. I want a baby from Storm and the father is Wolverine! : )

#38 Posted by daredevil21134 (10995 posts) - - Show Bio

Psylocke

Online
#39 Posted by McKlayn (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Emma having a baby would be really interesting.

None of the other options interest me at all.

I hate to say it but i want RUBY!

#40 Posted by aquahawk (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma and Scott should have one, be it Ruby or otherwise.

#41 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

I think Emma having a baby would be really interesting.

None of the other options interest me at all.

I hate to say it but i want RUBY!

or a kid who might grow up to be Ruby (which could be a nickname she doesn't get until she's older/manifests powers); it sort of makes sense that she would grow up around outlaw revolutionaries, right?

#42 Posted by waezi2 (6870 posts) - - Show Bio

NONE OF THEM! Bad stuff allways happens when the X get pregnent

#43 Posted by KaseemC (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see Siryn and Madrox have a baby that lasts longer than a minute.

#44 Edited by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaseemc said:

I would like to see Siryn and Madrox have a baby that lasts longer than a minute.

Go back to 2009.

#45 Posted by JROCK72 (412 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean and Cyclops are ready have Rachel, Cable, Stryfe, and X-Man. With Jean still suffering with the Phoenix and Scott having recently killed Professor X, I rule them out. Rogue seems the right fit to raise a child, but with her powers and insecurities, I don't think this baby would do well, especially with Gambit as the father. Shadowcat and Colossus are the ones I would choose to raise a child. There both loving and have no issues. Storm seems like a good mother, but having just separated from Black Panther, I'm not sure she is ready. Emma will have a child, but with one of her fellow X-Men that's either in a committed relationship or is a major part of the team. Rachel seems like she would be a tough mother, so I don't want to put a child in her arms. Psylocke is going to have to eventually settle down and have one, being a member of the royal family, but I don't picture her having one at the time. Polaris has lost her mind once and almost killed people. I don't want a child there. Mystique is like 900 years old. No. M is fine to have a child, just I don't think it would bring that much interest. Jubilee is a vampire, so her kid would become a vampire too. I don't think that is good for children at a young age. Danielle Moonstar seems fine to have one, and being popular in the New Mutants pages, she could certainly do well with being pregnant. X-23 seems to young if Wolverine hasn't had a kid yet. Wolfsbane already lost her kid, right. That's got to have her hating babies and their inability to protect themselves. Magma could kill her kid, so no way to her being pregnant. Stacy X is a prostitute. She'll have an accidental child, but will it change her? Dazzler would be widely popularized in the media of the Marvel Universe and the fans of Marvel, being a famous singer and pregnant.

#46 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Wolfsbane just had a baby (Tier) but he died...

#47 Posted by PowerHerc (81712 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm.

Then she can develop a big, old-school Amanda Waller-type body.

#48 Edited by thomasmclgh (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Emma, just because of Ruby.

But what I really want to see is the child of Abigail Brand and Beast. After all she is "broody", as mentioned in AvX Consequences #4.

#49 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm.

Then she can develop a big, old-school Amanda Waller-type body.

hahaha! yes! make it so..

#50 Edited by HAWK2916 (1597 posts) - - Show Bio

I still want Storm to have a baby by Wolverine. Second I would go with Kitty and finally I'd say Psylocke so she could chill out of commission for minute