What would you like to see next for Bishop?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

So now that we know Bishop survived the Vendetta crossover, what team should he join? While it might make sense for him to join up with Storm again seeing as how he always seemed to operate well on her teams, I've always thought him being on Xfactor with PAD writing him would be an interesting twist for his character. I say this considering that at heart he's a policeman/detective/enforcer type. Him being at the school could be interesting as well. Personally I've always felt that him and Storm might be interesting in a relationship, though I think that ship has sailed. I doubt he could be with Cable in Xforce and Uncanny I think would be off limits to him as well.

Any thoughts?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Well being that he's basically a villain still in some ways, I think it'd be wrong for him to join Storm at the JGS. He would have worked well in X-Force but being that it's led by Cable, that wouldn't work out. I'd like to see him back on a team but I'm honestly not sure where he'd suitably fall into.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By SoA

whoever convinces him to get rid of the dreads

Jimmie_Hudson_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa: he looks b.a. in dreads.

i'd like to see him on x-factor it be interesting or on summers x-men. it be interesting to see how cable feels about his father being friends with magneto and bishop.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guy is a humongous mass murderer, so I reckon his path to redemption needs to be a long and winding one before anyone thinks about calling him a hero and putting him on a regular X-team. He's still got a lot of atoning to do. A Bishop solo series would be the way to go for me. Someone needs to really delve into his character and start rebuilding him. Someone like Spurrier or Waid could write it.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By adamTRMM

In no way he is redeemed, he was totally more of a zealot than any Purifier ever was, he killed people off saying "You don't even exist" in their dying faces. It was actually very stupid writing because he should've learned the opposite from him being the displaced resident of AoA and this universe NOT being restored while he promised them it will. Damn there's so many wrong plots and developments around the X-books right now...

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Humphries did such a piss poor job of constructing and following through with Bishop's 'redemption' story that i find it almost impossible to conceive of a prospect where he's finally free of the sacrificial limbesque character degradation and actually better off. That said, as Daycrawler stated above, a solo series would be the best for him. His character arc and present character narrative aren't conducive or logically supportive of ensemble drama and collateral happenings. He needs to be alone and away from everybody else's drama so as to focus on himself.

District X Vol.2. The mutant minority's steadily on the rise to becoming its former majority as a result of AvX and we're receiving anti-mutant uproar in certain parts of the world. I think it's time for Bishop to go back to basics sans zealotry and Hope bloody Summers but more The Cause and fighting for the people. I'd even have Cyclops and co run into him a couple of times, so i can get another one of these gems:

No Caption Provided

Bring Sage a long as well. Mutant kind are most certainly in need of some credibility in the Law Enforcement/legislative department (lmao at Alison's stint as a S.H.I.E.L.D operative) and i believe this is where Bishop should and would excel. He needs to remember the real reason for the fight and what drives his unending fervor to stay in this time and preserve its future.

Damn...he really used to be such a good character *smh*

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane: District X Vol.2? hmmm. Interesting. So basically have Bishop join SHIELD? That could work I guess. Who else would be with him. I know you mentioned Sage and Dazzler. There's also Sabra who's a SHIELD agent and so is Skids.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: I wouldn't have Bishop join S.H.I.E.L.D (because he needs to get on with his redemption story and the joining of any governmental body/team/organization or corporation wouldn't do him much good) or any other mutant for that matter unless the endpoint ulterior motive was to find out what Mystique did to Alison or for something else. I don't see any true alignment. Though you seem keen on pressing for this...care to explain why?

I forgot about Skids though. Another cool character that received the legitimate backdoor treatment.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HAWK2916

@ageofhurricane: How do you figure Im pressing? I just asked a question to understand what your vision for him would be. He's been aligned before with a government agency and his zealotry in trying destroy what he felt was an extremely dangerous mutant fits the government agenda (in the real world and comic world)

I started this thread because I dont see a fit for him at all right now, and Im against solo's, so I wanted to know where other people see him

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: I wouldn't have Bishop join S.H.I.E.L.D (because he needs to get on with his redemption story and the joining of any governmental body/team/organization or corporation wouldn't do him much good) or any other mutant for that matter unless the endpoint ulterior motive was to find out what Mystique did to Alison or for something else. I don't see any true alignment. Though you seem keen on pressing for this...care to explain why?

I forgot about Skids though. Another cool character that received the legitimate backdoor treatment.

Yeah, Humphries totally mishandled the return of Bishop. Was really looking forward to it and just felt let down. Mind you, he also mishandled the return of Cassandra Nova, Spiral's characterisation, Betsy and just about everything else in UXF.

Got to say, I quite like the idea of Bishop getting involved with S.H.I.E.L.D, though like you suggest perhaps to investigate some sort of conspiracy from within or leading a rogue unit on a save the world style mission.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'd like to see some of his path to redemption include an acknowledgement of his Aboriginal ancestry. Some kind of spiritual walkabout where he can re-find himself, realise his mistakes and be at peace with himself... allowing a return to a new Bishop, who whilst changed in many ways can still be the man he was when he fought at Storm's side against foes beyond counting, first on the Gold Team, then X-Treme...

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is exactly my problem with Uncanny X-Force being cancelled. It seems like we were about to be in store for a Bishop arc (in the same vein as Psylocke's) and instead we got him and Hope chained in a room together for "SAW 7" directed by Stryfe.

There needs to be someone with more foresight overseeing the X-books, because the Bishop/Hope/Cable conflict deserved better handling.

That said, I think the new X-Force with Cable might be the best place for him. Working with a friend he trust (Psylocke) and someone who wont let him forget what he's done (Cable) towards a common goal, without feeling he can return to either faction of X-Men. We haven't seen any sign of crippling regret from Bishop that a solo can play with, but in the face of a constant reminder of his actions he could be put to use.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HAWK2916

Again a Suicide Squad setting would be perfect for him. Another way to redeem him, is for the writers to just make it so this was a different version of Bishop than the hero that fought alongside the Gold team and in Extreme. They time travel and retcon everything else so why not this, it wouldn't surprise me as I've just about completely lost faith in Marvel right now

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

This is exactly my problem with Uncanny X-Force being cancelled. It seems like we were about to be in store for a Bishop arc (in the same vein as Psylocke's) and instead we got him and Hope chained in a room together for "SAW 7" directed by Stryfe.

There needs to be someone with more foresight overseeing the X-books, because the Bishop/Hope/Cable conflict deserved better handling.

That said, I think the new X-Force with Cable might be the best place for him. Working with a friend he trust (Psylocke) and someone who wont let him forget what he's done (Cable) towards a common goal, without feeling he can return to either faction of X-Men. We haven't seen any sign of crippling regret from Bishop that a solo can play with, but in the face of a constant reminder of his actions he could be put to use.

LOL

i'd like to see some of his path to redemption include an acknowledgement of his Aboriginal ancestry. Some kind of spiritual walkabout where he can re-find himself, realise his mistakes and be at peace with himself... allowing a return to a new Bishop, who whilst changed in many ways can still be the man he was when he fought at Storm's side against foes beyond counting, first on the Gold Team, then X-Treme...

good points. I am so split on what I want to see with Bishop. I know I don't want to see him go back into Limbo. Part of me wants...

- Due to the tension between them I wouldn't mind seeing him join Cable's X-Force team, but depending on the mandate (and if Hope will be in his cast regularly) of the team it may not be plausible.

- I don't see him joining the revolutionary/isolationist X-Men team because of their position is not really conducive to someone he desperately needs redemption. But I can also see the angle of Scott knowing what it is like to lose control and make some colossal mistakes, and need to find a new path to redemption.

- Ideally I would like to see him join Storm at the JGS to redeem himself. Though he ticked her off, but I felt she was in the wrong for the memory wipe, she still cares a lot about him and is willing to give him a chance to redeem himself. I think he would make an interesting addition to the JGS (would probably tick Wolverine off) and I can see some intense story telling coming out those stories with his infamous presence at the school.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HAWK2916

@thunderbolt30: your username just gave me an idea. Maybe Bishop would fit in with the Thunderbolts? Haven't followed them to much but I think their premise might fit his situation

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@ageofhurricane: How do you figure Im pressing? I just asked a question to understand what your vision for him would be. He's been aligned before with a government agency and his zealotry in trying destroy what he felt was an extremely dangerous mutant fits the government agenda (in the real world and comic world)

I started this thread because I dont see a fit for him at all right now, and Im against solo's, so I wanted to know where other people see him

S'alright. Just meant that i've seen you consistently push for S.H.I.E.L.D/X involvement in our discussions so i was curious as to why you thought association between the two bodies would provide for a good story.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HAWK2916

@ageofhurricane: I mention SHIELD only because they seem to be sticking their noses in the mutant world. No doubt this is at the writers behest. Although I think that a book like Xfactor should be about a team working in conjunction with a government agency, I dont think it should be SHIELD. For me I prefer the idea of Val Cooper and the O.N.E being the government agency that the Xmen deal with.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

I would like to see Bishop and Sage back together, i don't care what titlte really but they worked well together (maybe add cannonball in there :-p)

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@thunderbolt30: your username just gave me an idea. Maybe Bishop would fit in with the Thunderbolts? Haven't followed them to much but I think their premise might fit his situation

That would be a great idea I think. And how many former mutant X-Men have joined a non-mutant based/X-verse team? I think it's about time.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Cutter

Honestly...after all the things he had done in the past...I don't see him fitting anywhere for now...unless if he goes on solo. I know, I know...you hate solos, but I think is the only setting for him to be replace to at the moment. Maybe from there on, he can gain everything he had lost and become a better person. well...that's my suggestion.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there anyone else that needs redemption like Bishop does?

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane: District X with Bishop and Sage? Count me in. But Skids? If memory doesn't fail me, she had some ties with SHIELD. I'm not saying that it could be part of the series, but it leaves the door open (and I'd rather leave it closed).

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of corse theirs redemption for Bishop those who say otherwise are probably new to comics. As to comic put him on any X-team that's mutant related. End of story.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

your username just gave me an idea. Maybe Bishop would fit in with the Thunderbolts? Haven't followed them to much but I think their premise might fit his situation

This is pretty much the best Marvel title right now, can't say that it's your thing or not but since Charles Soule took over I'm just enjoying every bit of it, and now with Ghost Rider and Barbieri as the artist I'm even more happy with this book.

No Caption Provided

Of corse theirs redemption for Bishop those who say otherwise are probably new to comics. As to comic put him on any X-team that's mutant related. End of story.

Put him in any Avengers team. I don't know why or how he'll fit in, but it will be fun to read your responses as the result.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tigerkaya

@adamtrmm: So you just want him on the team just to troll me. Pretty sad, than again I forgive stupidity.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya:

You have to, that what must make you live in peace with yourself.

You see, it amuses me how you come here responding and provoking feckless fangirlish conflicts ALA "us against you and you suck!!" and while I completely admire my X-folks for not getting trolled, you are the only one that remains. I am also amused by the fact you clearly no matter how hard you'd try to look pesudo-objective still you manage to urge us in what to think, what to like, and how X-men comics should look like, and then to gloat over how X-books are written by those you blame for ruining the Avnegers so you want us to suffer because you did? You want X-books to suck, because the Avengers sucked? And then to bullsh*t us that you, the Mighty Fanatic, don't give a sh*t about us, while being the only one who raises this pathetic "XvsA" fan-sh*t while taking this on a personal level. And I don't recall how X-fans come to A-forums igniting this teen-fan-wars, why would we? I'm sure most of us are not one-sided fanatics, but are you? That makes me think either you're a troll or just a zealot. Define yourself better next time.

We blame the writers not the fans, and we have the complete right to do so cause the whole thing damaged our books and the image of what we like about them, while either or not is non of your business as far as you obviously biased towards the X-titles.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tigerkaya

@adamtrmm: Glad to see I struck nerve. Though if you want to make it easier on yourself before you pop a vessel why not just ignore me, simple as that. I'd like to think of myself as a status quo fan myself. Though hearing one of you say you blame the writers is quite surprising, almost logical. But have fun with Benids screwing up the X-men for you he's going to leave a large mess when he's done.

Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He needs to stop being the scapegoat for all the bad going on in the X Universe. The main problem is Bendis is writing him like a Mr.Sinister type, or if it was the DC universe, Dark Seid . And like wise , Bendis sees the Xmen as Marvels Justice League. Which doesn't work in the slightest bit.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about teaming up with Magneto? Or is that completely crazy?

I might actually get into the Thunderbolts afte reading some of this plus I could at least see if he'd be a good fit

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

As to comic put him on any X-team that's mutant related.

Wow, that's redundant.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he should be killed off and have a new character take that code name. They've really put him through the ringer these past few years and I don't even consider him an X-Man anymore.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't consider him redeemable, he might be if it was CN's influence upon him, but the way I know, it wasn't. So we have a man that condemned millions to death in a cold blood. By now, he is one of the bloodiest villains out there.