What problems did you had with X-Men First Class movie?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

What things in the X-Men: First Class movie did you have some problems with?

For me, I felt that the second half of the movie was a bit rushed as the scene where some of the mutants who were with Professor Xavier just suddenly joined Sebastian Shaw despite just meeting other mutants like themselves was a bit tacked on just so Sebastian Shaw can have his army of mutants to cause the Nuclear war between the Americans and the Russians.

I also felt that the portrayal of Emma Frost in this movie was a bit wooden as Emma doesn't seem like her sarcastic and mean-spirited self that she was shown in the comics.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I prefer all the x-men characters to be about the same age so no generational stories about various generations of x-men. The movie made money so looks like there is a market for generational stories or historical stories as was also proven by the Captain america movie set in world war 2.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

It wasn't two hour of Michael Fassbender as Magneto killing Nazis........ Hey FOX where is that movie. I would love the $#!% out of that film......

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

It wasn't two hour of Michael Fassbender as Magneto killing Nazis........ Hey FOX where is that movie. I would love the $#!% out of that film......

I think this movie was meant to be the Magneto origins film that they wanted to do the first time, but I guess they decided to do a movie where it focuses on both Xavier and Magneto, even though this movie feels like Magneto is stealing the show.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Emma Frost, it was her name but that's everything. I hate how she was portrayed/written

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma Frost, it was her name but that's everything. I hate how she was portrayed/written

I didn't like how Emma Frost was being portrayed either. It's like the movies don't know how to handle her character. At least the cartoons had better luck with her character.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This Guy.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie itself was fine, but it clashes with the first three a bit. The fact that character relationships that were never hinted at in the trilogy were apparent in the prequel bothered me. I hate havimg to make my own conclusions/headcannon.

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Oh my gosh, it's funny that you brought this up because the more and more i watch X-men: First Class the more problems i find, when at first i thought it was almost perfect. A lot of my issues with the movie is who they put in the movie, how they developed the different relationships and what subtle messages they were sending with certain choices in the script.

First off, they really should have made the First Class consist of Jean, Scott, Hank and Ororo. But instead we got a random mix of old and new characters, who had very little impact or significance. Havok is such a confusing choice and is such a waste of space. Darwin was misused and treated unfairly Angel Salvadore was the most random addition and should have been a more iconic character perhaps. And Banshee was a nice touch but he was made into comic relief (and i still don't get how he could fly???). The other big problem i had with was the main villains. I liked seeing the Hellfire Club in the movie but i feel that Mr. Sinister should have been the main bad guy, with some Marauders as henchmen. The whole movie should had focused more on the science of mutation and how the different mutant factions view there condition while dealing with the social aspects that oppress them.

The problems i had with the relationship dynamics in the film were with the main trio. They made Charles' relationship with Raven more deep than his relationship with Erik's. And Erik should have had more of a connection with Raven than that sudden kiss that was shoved in there. They really should have introduced her after Charles met Erik. The whole catalyst for the movie and the X-men themselves was how these two old friends came together and formed this team. Instead we got a brief fling of a friendship between the two and rushed conflict that drove them apart. I think some of that was lost.

The final flaws i still see with the movie, that i noticed the first time and continue to notice and gripe about every time i see XFC is the way the depicted the female character and the people of colour. All four female character all have scene were they are wearing almost nothing at all, and the main connections they have are to the men in charge. I know the story was set in the 60s but it didn't have to preserve the sexist ideas of that time. As for the few minorities in the film, one was killed off very shortly after being introduced and the other two were made silent villains. It also sends the subliminal message that once again that white guys will always be the heroes. So this is why the film need someone like Storm because she is the antidote to that oppressive kind of storytelling.

Anyways, i still like the movie, but it's comes second to X2, mostly due to Mystique's story and the homoerotic chemistry between Charles and Erik (or rather James and Michael ^-^). Here's hoping Days of Future Past is the best yet...?!

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

What things in the X-Men: First Class movie did you have some problems with?

For me, I felt that the second half of the movie was a bit rushed as the scene where some of the mutants who were with Professor Xavier just suddenly joined Sebastian Shaw despite just meeting other mutants like themselves was a bit tacked on just so Sebastian Shaw can have his army of mutants to cause the Nuclear war between the Americans and the Russians.

I also felt that the portrayal of Emma Frost in this movie was a bit wooden as Emma doesn't seem like her sarcastic and mean-spirited self that she was shown in the comics.

Yeah, Emma was a bit crap. She was probably the most notable disappointment for me. Lots of the characters were a bit re-imagined, but they forgot to give her a personality at all.

As for the characters joining Shaw, that was really only one character, Angel. And you had to have at least one of them take up his offer. She'd only just met all of those characters, really. What bugged me about that scene was that they killed Darwin, who's whole thing is that he can adapt to anything. Here's hoping we haven't really seen the last of him.

One thing I had a problem with, and it's a little thing, but that neither Xavier nor Magneto had anything to do with building Cerebro. I know it's a different reality than the comics (and probably even the other movies), but that kind of bugged me in a way I can't even really explain.

It also seemed like they were setting up Havoc to be Cyclops' dad rather than his brother, but I actually think that might be kind of cool. That's right, original bad-boy of the X-men dad is cooler than space pirate dad, I said it.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie reminded me of a James Bond film...with mutants. My only problem with the film would be that it wasn't longer?

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie reminded me of a James Bond film...with mutants. My only problem with the film would be that it wasn't longer?

this is my favourite answer. For any nit-picking I could do, I do really love this movie.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my gosh, it's funny that you brought this up because the more and more i watch X-men: First Class the more problems i find, when at first i thought it was almost perfect. A lot of my issues with the movie is who they put in the movie, how they developed the different relationships and what subtle messages they were sending with certain choices in the script.

First off, they really should have made the First Class consist of Jean, Scott, Hank and Ororo. But instead we got a random mix of old and new characters, who had very little impact or significance. Havok is such a confusing choice and is such a waste of space. Darwin was misused and treated unfairly Angel Salvadore was the most random addition and should have been a more iconic character perhaps. And Banshee was a nice touch but he was made into comic relief (and i still don't get how he could fly???). The other big problem i had with was the main villains. I liked seeing the Hellfire Club in the movie but i feel that Mr. Sinister should have been the main bad guy, with some Marauders as henchmen. The whole movie should had focused more on the science of mutation and how the different mutant factions view there condition while dealing with the social aspects that oppress them.

The problems i had with the relationship dynamics in the film were with the main trio. They made Charles' relationship with Raven more deep than his relationship with Erik's. And Erik should have had more of a connection with Raven than that sudden kiss that was shoved in there. They really should have introduced her after Charles met Erik. The whole catalyst for the movie and the X-men themselves was how these two old friends came together and formed this team. Instead we got a brief fling of a friendship between the two and rushed conflict that drove them apart. I think some of that was lost.

The final flaws i still see with the movie, that i noticed the first time and continue to notice and gripe about every time i see XFC is the way the depicted the female character and the people of colour. All four female character all have scene were they are wearing almost nothing at all, and the main connections they have are to the men in charge. I know the story was set in the 60s but it didn't have to preserve the sexist ideas of that time. As for the few minorities in the film, one was killed off very shortly after being introduced and the other two were made silent villains. It also sends the subliminal message that once again that white guys will always be the heroes. So this is why the film need someone like Storm because she is the antidote to that oppressive kind of storytelling.

Anyways, i still like the movie, but it's comes second to X2, mostly due to Mystique's story and the homoerotic chemistry between Charles and Erik (or rather James and Michael ^-^). Here's hoping Days of Future Past is the best yet...?!

I definitely agree with all this, especially about the whole Darwin incident. I can't believe they killed Darwin off so early in the film, especially when his mutant power is that he can survive absolutely anything. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when they killed him off like that.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wasn't the first class.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I didn't really enjoy First Class. It had some strong points (McAvoy and Fassbender, the historical CMC aspect), but it was flawed. Here are a few problems I had with the film:

• The appearances/costumes were terrible. Beast looks like a hand puppet, I can't take Azazel seriously, and Jennifer Lawrence's face doesn't seem to lend very well to Mystique - as opposed to Rebecca Romjin. And while I applaud their attempt to go with a more classic look with the yellow - the suits just ended up looking like traffic-cop-at-night goofy. I remember when the first released shot of the costumes came out, and everyone thought the ugly designs were just the work of a Photoshop-savvy fan. Though I have to admit, I did love the classic Magneto look - however cheesy!
  • Side characters as a whole. While the main characters definitely saw some development, this movie suffered from what XM3 did - side characters that didn't do a whole lot. Darwin died. Havok and Banshee were just generic fighting X-Men. Angel was a stripper - and then she joined Shaw. Anyone remember anything about Azazel or Riptide save for the fighting? Emma Frost was stilted and a poor facsimile of her comic original. I get that they can't give every character screentime, but X1/X2 did an admirable job and I never felt there was a 'class' in this one.
  • On that note, I never got a sense of 'The First Class'. I got a sense of 'Here's Charles and Magneto in their earlier friendship, and how the idea of the X-Men were born'. If you've read the comic that shares the same name - it actually deals with the adventures the first group of X-Men had and the trials they had to face in becoming superheroes. None of that here (By the way, pickup the comic, it's fantastic!).
  • Mystique: I really couldn't see this fitting into the established trilogy for Mystique. She started out so good if a little conflicted, but then Magneto persuades her that you should be a proud mutant unafraid of humans. That I can kinda buy. What I can't buy is how this is the same Mystique who brutally murders many in the X-Men trilogy, and fights the X-Men without a sliver of recognition to Charles - who was her supposed adopted brother? And nothing about her and Beast, either?
  • Sebastian Shaw's Plan: Blowing up the entire world? Killing off a large percentage of the planet's population and leaving the planet an irradiated wasteland? I genuinely don't get this one...even with the whole 'children of the atom' bit.

Despite all these flaws, I didn't hate the movie. I just didn't enjoy it as much as others seemed to be hyping it up. It's not a bad movie per se, but I'll take X1 and X2 over this any day.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

THEY KILLED THE BLACK GUY!

the movie was tossed with flaws when you compare them to comics, but my major grip is they killed the black guy whose mutant power is HE DOESNT DIE! for god's sake are you serious?!?! If they just wanted to kill a black guy they should of picked one whose power didn't specially state that he adapts to SURVIVE. :'(

i did enjoy the movie though Magneto was a beast, side note my second major grip might be how bad Emma was, cause yea Emma sucked in that movie

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: I think you mean gripe.

First off, they really should have made the First Class consist of Jean, Scott, Hank and Ororo. But instead we got a random mix of old and new characters, who had very little impact or significance. Havok is such a confusing choice and is such a waste of space. Darwin was misused and treated unfairly Angel Salvadore was the most random addition and should have been a more iconic character perhaps. And Banshee was a nice touch but he was made into comic relief (and i still don't get how he could fly???).

In terms of the character choices, I feel like many of the characters they didn't use weren't used because of the story they were telling, which, at it's core, is really about Xavier, Magneto, and Mystique, meeting each other in their youth, and how that effected the overall story.

Because it's set when Xavier is in his early 20's, it wouldn't make sense to introduce Cyclops or Jean, in that both of those characters see him as a father figure and so shouldn't be close enough in age to him to be old enough to be on the team. Storm's supposed to be a bit older than them, but I think the same thing applies to her.

Still, they need to have some X-men. Beast, though being between the ages of Cyclops and Storm in the comics, never had that same relationship with Xavier, and has classically been written as his equal, despite their age difference. So making him older doesn't fundamentally change that relationship. Banshee actually was supposed to be closer in age to Xavier, and have worked as a secret agent, so he works fine anyway.

Havoc, I believe (though this is speculative on my part) is meant to replace Corsair as Cyclops' father in this version, and, by proxy, be Cyclops' part in this story. Picture it: Havoc, the rebel loner of the group (as inferred by his scene at the pinball machine, which were actually illegal at the time and generally used in film to establish a character as an outlaw) with the most unpredictable and devastating power, finally finds a cause worth fighting for only to inevitably lose his life to it. When Xavier realizes that Havoc had a son that he didn't know of with even more uncontrollable powers, he feels duty bound to raise him as his own, with Cyclops having that much more reason to grow up into a complete control-freak square. This is just conjecture on my part, but I'll eat my hat if that's not what they're planning.

I do agree that Xavier and Magneto's time as friends did seem a bit too brief, even if it was poignant. But, given how much of the story takes place in this one film (as opposed to their inevitable falling out happening in a sequel), I think it was handled really well. And I really liked how they changed Mystique's story to be central to Xavier's, it makes her a very different character than in the comics, but it also makes her deeper, easier to relate to, and much more important to the story, even if she does lose some of her mystique in the process.

I actually think I like this version of Mystique/Xavier/Magneto's origins in many ways more than I like the comic versions, and, to me, that says a lot.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By HAWK2916

I thought that 1st class was done very well and with the exception of Xmen 2 it is the best of the xmen movies ino. My only criticism is that if it going to be called 1st class then it should have been about Xavier and Magneto and the recruitment of the original five xmen. Amelia Voght should've have been there as well as Haller (Legion's mother)

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's my favourite X-men movie and I'm hoping most of the cast can make it back into Days Of Future Past. I think it'd be cool for Nightcrawler to see his parents and a reunion between Havok and Cyclops.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#20 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Every small complaint I have is easily countered by how phenomenal Fassbender and McAvoy were together.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@k4tzm4n said:

Every small complaint I have is easily countered by how phenomenal Fassbender and McAvoy were together.

Essentially this. They carried the film by their lonesome.

But any complaints I did have were centred toward the supporting cast. They just weren't that interesting at all, especially they had screen time dedicated to them.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Continuity. Prof X is crippled in First class and alienated from Magneto and then we flash to X-3 and see them strolling up to Jean Grey's place without a care in the world. This has to be my biggest gripe because until fixed, this cannot exist in the same continuity as X 1-3. Also by making this occur in the 60's you force real world time into the game, and it sucks. Beast is olllllllllld.

Emma Frost. Bad acting, from a non exotic blond. Also continuity issues with Wolverine Origins. Though I can accept a clone created for Stryker or something maybe.

Then past the premise and into the movie itself. Sidekick characters I didn't care about one way or another, a final action set piece that I did not find too exciting and Emma Frost/Darwin going down way too easy.

Hoping Days of future past cleans up the continuity/timeline issues.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

1) Most of the character were boring and the film wasted opportunities for more well known characters the fans wanted.
2) Mystique-- Her costume/body paint sucked compared to the first film. And the script for her made her kind of a slut. :/
3) January Jones as Emma-- FAIL
4) The fact that they cut the scene where Emma and Xavier have an astral plane battle from the film because it was too much like inception. The X-Films would be GREAT with the Astral Plane.
5) Characters that never end up returning-- Sigh.
6) I loved Moria-- but why was she an FBI agent???

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24  Edited By lorex

For me X-Men really kicked the door in and let studios know the character did not have to be named Batman or Superman to be a boxoffice success. The problem now is we are seeing just how good a well done comic book based movies with Batmen and Avengers and the last X-Men effort while not bad, was not great. I just got the feeling that Fox was throwing sutff out there and making sure the movie was made so they could keep the movie rights. There is no plan one movie to the next so there is virtually no chance of the next X-Men movie being as successful as movied being made by Marvel/Disney. This is a shame because there is a lot of goot material and I feel Fox is wasting it with what they are doing.

Nia Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I didn't like beast's face. He looked like an ape :/

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6) I loved Moria-- but why was she an FBI agent???

yeah, of differences from the source material, this was one of the one's that bugged me the most; she really just had Moira's name and was otherwise a completely different character, kind of a waste.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) The characterization of Emma Frost was off. Even her costume design was off. January Jones worked well on paper, but Emma has tons of personality and needed to be as in-control and calculating as Ivanna Trump - not a blank slate with minimal emotional conveyance. She's not cold in that way - she's ruthless, not emotionless.

2) Beast's transformation has always irked me, but it was too rushed in the movie. It should have been saved for the sequel. The costume also looked like a gorilla costume.

3) Moira should have been a scientist - being a government agent added nothing to the character and took away what she could have added by being a genetics expert. All this gave her was a gun and a reason to be in the Hellfire Club. She could have easily been recruited by the gov't for those reasons and *gasp* been in the same place for a plausible reason without modifying the character.

4) Angel and Darwin seemed like they were wasting space and Banshee didn't get enough screen time. That's kind of the problem when you are just picking random characters from the franchise to fill slots. In fact, I would have limited the cast of the first "class" of X-Men to Hank and Sean as the first students (they are among the older characters, anyway, so that works) with Mystique and Amelia Voght rounding out the cast. If they wanted a multi-ethnic cast, Amelia could have been of latin, african or asian descent. Mystique and Amelia would have an unexplored dynamic here with the movie set up and comic setup for both characters to interact with each other and Charles.

5) Banshee should have been Irish and from either New York or Boston if they wanted to make him Irish-American. Accents are fun.

6) The Hellfire Club was bland. This goes backs to Point #1. They are more interesting in the comics - more interesting color palette, better range of powers and actual personality.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

7) Havok's power design and costume weren't as cool as they were in the comics. I guess they were trying to hint at him being Scott's father, but his energy signature is so distinctive that it seemed like they just wanted to re-use graphics used in X-Men 1, 2 and 3.

Cute!

No Caption Provided

But this...

No Caption Provided

Is not as cool as this...

No Caption Provided

And this harness...

No Caption Provided

Is bland compared to this harness...

No Caption Provided

Darksider555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

and since when is she older than Xavier/Magneto ? Seriously ...

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

All that b*tch did was wear white and declare herself "Emma"... January Jones is NOT a good actress!

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightrise said:

The movie itself was fine, but it clashes with the first three a bit. The fact that character relationships that were never hinted at in the trilogy were apparent in the prequel bothered me. I hate havimg to make my own conclusions/headcannon.

While the trilogy is owned by Fox Studios, First Class is owned by Marvel Studios. First class has nothing to do with the trilogy at all. They're two entirely different stories.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KnightRise

@knightrise said:

While the trilogy is owned by Fox Studios, First Class is owned by Marvel Studios. First class has nothing to do with the trilogy at all. They're two entirely different stories.

They're the same cannon.

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightrise said:

@blackreaper said:

@knightrise said:

They're the same cannon.

Says who?

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightrise said:

Actually, First Class was also made by Fox (hence the rush to get it made, so they could retain the rights); Marvel still doesn't have the rights to the X-men. But I do think it's best viewed as it's own thing anyway, for the reasons knightrise pointed out.

3) Moira should have been a scientist - being a government agent added nothing to the character and took away what she could have added by being a genetics expert. All this gave her was a gun and a reason to be in the Hellfire Club. She could have easily been recruited by the gov't for those reasons and *gasp* been in the same place for a plausible reason without modifying the character.

4) Angel and Darwin seemed like they were wasting space and Banshee didn't get enough screen time. That's kind of the problem when you are just picking random characters from the franchise to fill slots. In fact, I would have limited the cast of the first "class" of X-Men to Hank and Sean as the first students (they are among the older characters, anyway, so that works) with Mystique and Amelia Voght rounding out the cast. If they wanted a multi-ethnic cast, Amelia could have been of latin, african or asian descent. Mystique and Amelia would have an unexplored dynamic here with the movie set up and comic setup for both characters to interact with each other and Charles.

Pretty much agree with all of your criticisms, but I do think they'd have been better off going with these ideas especially.

Although I do think you were right about how and why they reinterpreted Havoc the way they did (him being Cyclops' dad, that is), I think that might actually end up being cool.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightrise said:

@blackreaper said:

@knightrise said:

They're the same cannon.

Says who?

The fact that its a prequel and not a standalone film

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Frist class is hank scott bobby warren and jean always has been always should be the movies are ehh at best.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheCowman

I'm a little ashamed to admit that I just couldn't get past the changes to continuity.

I'm not a stickler for that kind of thing (Avengers changed a lot and I loved that movie), but for some reason it just seemed like too much of a mess. The inclusion of really recent characters like Azazel and Angel were especially jarring and Mystique as Chuck's childhood friend just seemed like a desperate attempt to tie it to the other movies.

I don't think its a bad movie and I DID try and get past the changes. But for some reason I just couldn't do it in this case.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Essentially this. They carried the film by their lonesome.

But any complaints I did have were centred toward the supporting cast. They just weren't that interesting at all, especially they had screen time dedicated to them.

I definitely agree with this. I think that the movie would have been better if they actually focused a bit more on the supporting cast, even though I liked the Xavier/Mystique/Magneto story line.

girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By girth

The fact that they did not use the original first class. This was Fox's opportunity to reboot the entire franchise after the bad reviews of X3 & Origins. Instead, they decided to stick to their weird movie continuity. I did like First Class. I think it was the best X-men movie so far. It just could have been something even more. Now with Days of Future Past coming out which involves alternate timelines it is just going to be even more convoluted.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@girth said:

The fact that they did not use the original first class. This was Fox's opportunity to reboot the entire franchise after the bad reviews of X3 & Origins. Instead, they decided to stick to their weird movie continuity. I did like First Class. I think it was the best X-men movie so far. It just could have been something even more. Now with Days of Future Past coming out which involves alternate timelines it is just going to be even more convoluted.

I wish that they used the original first class also. It would have been great to see Cyclops, Iceman, Jean Grey, Beast and Angel actually get some good screen time for once.

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sinisteri

I enjoyed First Class. I would hope the upcoming movie will clear up some of the inconsistencies. We will see.

Thought the movie did a great job establishing the deep friendship between Xavier and Magneto.

Emma is one of my most favorite characters. Loved her from the moment I laid eyes on her. She always seemed like more than just Shaw's right hand lady. The underlying theme of her caring for her students or any young mutant by pushing them to be strong and reach their potential humanize her. She wants power for security.

First Class gave me a better Emma than Wolverine: Origins, but I am hoping for much better the next time out.

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ultra_beleco

some reasons why I hated First class:

- All the X-ladies sucked so much that the only way to make them look interesting was to take their clothes off.

- Some fights were good, some were terrible.

- Beast

- No idea if the movie is suposed to be a sequel to the older movies or a reboot.

- Xavier brother of Mystique (really?)

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Inglorious Basterds... Oh wait... He even killed less Nazis on that one...