• 83 results
Posted by time (4966 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: What is the best X-Men title (91 votes)

All new X-Men 20%
Uncanny X-Men 20%
X-Men 23%
Cable and the X-Force 3%
Uncanny X-Force 2%
X-Men Legacy 7%
Astonishing X-Men 3%
Uncanny Avengers 7%
A+X 3%
Gambit 2%
Savage Wolverine 2%
Wolverine 0%
Something esle. 8%
#51 Edited by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomchu said:

X-Men. Isn't it a little too early to judge?

I voted for X-men, but I was also basing that on Wood's recent run of X-men with D.Lopez (who will also be working on the new book) from a few months ago.

Then when we vote for Uncanny X-Force, do we refer to Humphries' beautiful mess or Remender's amazing run?

#52 Edited by time (4966 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomchu: How about kyle and yost X-Force, better then both of the X-Force titles you mention.

#53 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Ehhh, I personally found Remender's work better, then again, both has its merit. X-Force felt more black ops-ey, whereas Remender's Uncanny felt like a very fragile soap opera. I personally prefer the latter over the former but hey! that's just me.

#54 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4433 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomchu said:
@oldnightcrawler said:

@tomchu said:

X-Men. Isn't it a little too early to judge?

I voted for X-men, but I was also basing that on Wood's recent run of X-men with D.Lopez (who will also be working on the new book) from a few months ago.

Then when we vote for Uncanny X-Force, do we refer to Humphries' beautiful mess or Remender's amazing run?

I'm assuming the new one. I just mean that since Wood was already the writer on X-men recently, we have more than just the first issue of the new series to judge by.

#55 Posted by Captain_Superior_Blue (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: I think the titles style is refreshing from all the other X-books, which tend to feel all the same. In no way am I saying they aren't good, but wolverine and the x-men is just different. I do wish that genesis should get a bigger role, cause he is a unique character. He since he joined after his run in Uncanny X-force he has been extremely under utilized. I think also this series is more about the teachers than the kids. We see this constantly with the story focusing in how kitty, wolverine, and beast try to do their best to prepare the kids for the future, but fall short most the time, because as a whole the x-men are extremely flawed people with huge issues. I don't think we can really debate who has the qualifications to be a headmaster in a comic book series lol.

#56 Edited by time (4966 posts) - - Show Bio
#57 Posted by time (4966 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: care to explain why you think it's a ridiculous farce. Kind of rude to say that.

#58 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10874 posts) - - Show Bio

All New X-Men

#59 Posted by henrik (562 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable and Xforce

#60 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4433 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@oldnightcrawler: care to explain why you think it's a ridiculous farce. Kind of rude to say that.

haha! I didn't mean to be rude, I just meant that there's no way for this poll to actually be accurate if you leave out the option of one of the main X-men titles. I know a lot of people don't like Wolverine and the X-men, but I also know some people for whom it's their favorite.

It's, at the very least more of an X-men book than A+X, Uncanny Avengers, or some of the solo books you mentioned. But, given how many options you listed, I feel like you probably just forgot it. I was just being cheeky.

#61 Posted by time (4966 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: I forgot to add Wolverine and the X-Men. Even though there is only one issue of X-Men. You don't have to vote straight away.

#62 Posted by fesak (7045 posts) - - Show Bio

All-New X-Men is definitely the worst

#63 Posted by Mercy_ (92680 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Factor.

#64 Posted by Saren (25610 posts) - - Show Bio

Legacy. Hands down.

#65 Posted by Mercy_ (92680 posts) - - Show Bio
#66 Edited by Saren (25610 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

@citizenbane said:

Legacy. Hands down.

Seriously?

Seriously. Although I am a Legion fan and I generally don't like the rest of the X-Men, so that could be a factor. But I do enjoy the story nonetheless.

#67 Posted by Mercy_ (92680 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

@citizenbane said:

Legacy. Hands down.

Seriously?

Seriously. Although I am a Legion fan and I generally don't like the rest of the X-Men, so that could be a factor. But I do enjoy the story nonetheless.

I've been on the fence about giving it a shot. I'm not really a Legion fan, but I like the X-books that take place in their own corner and aren't the same old superheroics and angsty drama.

Blindfold's in it as well, right?

#68 Edited by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

ANXM is the best title, imo. Great character moments and interactions.

#69 Edited by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

@citizenbane said:

Legacy. Hands down.

Seriously?

It's a bit surprising, but I've heard and read a lot of good things about the title. I'm thinking about jumping in.

#70 Posted by Saren (25610 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

@citizenbane said:

@mercy_ said:

@citizenbane said:

Legacy. Hands down.

Seriously?

I've been on the fence about giving it a shot. I'm not really a Legion fan, but I like the X-books that take place in their own corner and aren't the same old superheroics and angsty drama.

Blindfold's in it as well, right?

Blindfold is the most prominent member of the supporting cast and the first arc in particular has a lot to do with her past. It's really a very good book and Spurrier is likely the best thing that's ever happened to the character. He actually has a personality, drive and purpose beyond "lunatic kid who occasionally breaks the universe".

#71 Posted by Mercy_ (92680 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: Sounds like I'm gonna have to give the first arc a shot, then.

Thanks!

#72 Posted by dondave (36386 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men Legacy

#73 Edited by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

Id say either all new xmen or uncanny right now. altho cables is getting better. i havent check out xmen and i dropped most wolverine centered comics since he started getting douchie. and uncanny is just bad now nowhere near as good as remenders which got me back into marvel after like a 6 year absence from me

#74 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

Indeed. Legacy is also one of the better X-Titles out rn.

#75 Posted by SoA (4776 posts) - - Show Bio

WatX

#76 Posted by jhazzroucher (15579 posts) - - Show Bio

which poll is true?

#77 Posted by time (4966 posts) - - Show Bio
#78 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Adjectiveless X-Men out of the poll list. But frankly Ultimate X-Men is the best.

Though a shout out to Cable and X-Force, it's begun to improve.

#79 Edited by jhazzroucher (15579 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@jhazzroucher: What do you mean.

there's another poll but with a different thread title

#80 Posted by time (4966 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: I think the person who created that thread wanted to include more titles.

#81 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men Vol.4

#82 Posted by time (4966 posts) - - Show Bio

I think X-Men is the most popular in both threads.

#83 Posted by jhazzroucher (15579 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@jhazzroucher: I think the person who created that thread wanted to include more titles.

i see. ok

#84 Posted by xmentas (175 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how uncanny xmen is 2nd place yet I rarely hear any discussion about this title. I might be at the wrong place and the wrong time, but It's always about all new, wolvy, and avengers.