A+X 3%
Gambit 2%
Savage Wolverine 2%
Wolverine 0%
Something esle. 8%
#1 Posted by Extremis (2959 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow there's a crap ton of X titles

#2 Posted by time (4576 posts) - - Show Bio

Mine choice is All New X-Men. I think X-Men will end up being one of the best titles.

#3 Posted by time (4576 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: Guess your Avengers fan or a Dc fan.

#4 Posted by tikhunt (676 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know if UXM is any good? Cykes my fave but I don't like what they did to him recently. If he is written good I will pick it up though.

#5 Posted by Extremis (2959 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: I like X Men in general, but I've found it hard to get into to comics as of recently. There's a lot of continuity you're expected to know and I don't know it.

#6 Posted by time (4576 posts) - - Show Bio

@tikhunt: Uncanny X-Men is pretty good. Read Uncanny X-Men 3, when the X-Men confronted the Avengers. It was pretty good.

#7 Posted by tikhunt (676 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Thanks is the first TPB out yet?

#8 Posted by time (4576 posts) - - Show Bio

@tikhunt: I don't think so, go on to amazon website or marvel website to check.

#9 Edited by McKlayn (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

I picked UXM but its really close all 4 titles with votes atm (Gambit, UXM, ANX & XMN) are really solid titles i also want to add that Cable & X force is typically a good read, Uncanny Avengers doesnt suck, Legacy is abstract but it still holds my interest and I'm still holding out hope for Uncanny X force. Astonishing, A+X, and Both Wolverine titles are all kind of bad, and you forgot to add Wolverine and The Xmen (or youdidnt add it you may of left it off on purpose cause it really does blow)

#10 Edited by time (4576 posts) - - Show Bio

I forgot to add it.It is rubbish,

#11 Posted by tikhunt (676 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Yh just checked and it is out I may have to pick it up tomorrow when I go to my LCS tomorrow.

#12 Edited by time (4576 posts) - - Show Bio

@tikhunt: Don't spend to much money on it though, sometimes graphic novals are to expensive.

#13 Posted by tikhunt (676 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: As far as I know it will be the only way I can read it though.

#15 Posted by time (4576 posts) - - Show Bio

@tikhunt: Your money mate, I would wait 4 it to get cheap.Are you reading any of the other X-titles.

#16 Posted by tikhunt (676 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Yh Uncanny Avenger. And my LCS is quite small and due to the $-£ exchange rate they normally sell graphic novels for £10.99 rather than £17.99 that they want on amazon.

#17 Edited by time (4576 posts) - - Show Bio

£10.99 is not bad, I wouldn't spend anything more than £15.You should collect all new X-Men and X-Men dedicated to the X-ladies.

#18 Posted by TheGwailo (42 posts) - - Show Bio

You mean ever? Uncanny X-Men. Right now? All-New X-Men is pretty great, but I think the new X-Men is going to be rad as it continues.

#19 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9870 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoy most of the X-Titles. All New X-Men might be my favorite because I'm so interested in the original five being in the present.

#20 Posted by time (4576 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean right now, the best x-title right now.

#21 Edited by amutant (267 posts) - - Show Bio

All new X-Men

#22 Edited by oldnightcrawler (3424 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: I voted X-men; though it hardly seems fair since the series just started, but it already feel's like a continuation of Wood's work on volume 2 last year, and that was probably my favorite X-men title then, too.

Though, I am starting to get back into Uncanny X-force again, as well.

I get why Uncanny Avengers would be on this list, and it is my favorite Avengers book right now, but I don't really think of it as an X-men book. That said, if it weren't for Wood's X-men, I probably would've voted for it here..

#23 Edited by time (4576 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny Avengers has Rogue, Havok and Wolverine, I consider it a X-Men book.

#24 Posted by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted X-Men. I'll admit that I hesitated considering it just started, but comparing first issues, X-Men #1 was pretty much perfect in terms of content and setup. I'm more excited about reading more issues of that than I was to read more of the other books after reading their first issues.

After that, I prefer UXM over ANXM, and haven't really any opinion on the other titles.

#25 Edited by TheAcidSkull (15906 posts) - - Show Bio

Something else.

all of these titles have been MEH to me

#26 Posted by Jg0587 (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: I just picked up my first comic book ever with the start of All-New X-men.

Now is a good jumping on point for new readers, IMO. I haven't had too many issues not "getting" stuff due to continuity. When I have been confused, it's easy to look up or ask, and if you're into the comic enough it won't feel like a chore :)

As a comic newbie I really reccomend jumping into xcomics now if you want in in the action. I can only reccomend all-new xmen bc it's the ony one I've bought every issue for. (Bought some other xbooks but not all, so I can't vouch for them).

#27 Posted by Spaced_Boy (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Easily Wolverine And The X-Men, Uncanny becoming a close second. Jason Aaron never fails and Quentin Quire is easily becoming one of the most interesting and funny x-characters to read. Love everything about it and issue 31 was really brilliant and funny.

#28 Posted by Captain_Superior_Blue (39 posts) - - Show Bio

How did Wolverine and the X-men not make this list??? Lol

#29 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage Wolverine.

#30 Edited by Rickbarry (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that X-men is winning says one of two things. 1. All X-titles suck right now or 2. The sheer amount of Storm fandom on this board is more powerful than I thought.

#31 Posted by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that X-men is winning says one of two things. 1. All X-titles suck right now or 2. The sheer amount of Storm fandom on this board is more powerful than I thought.

Or that it's a good book, and your tastes diverge substantially from those of most X-fans on CV?

#32 Edited by Killemall (16959 posts) - - Show Bio

I am surprised so many people prefered X-men above Uncanny Avengers or All New X-men.

Meh! perhaps i have weird choice, i think All New X-men and Uncanny Avengers thus far has been the strongest title for me.

Legacy is another one i like, but the story isnt really mainstream yet. Its a little too powerful character running around beating completely, utterly unknown villains, and now trying to sacrifice his power for greater good. It has potential, but i dont think its been more mainstream yet.

#33 Edited by tomlikesfries (4519 posts) - - Show Bio

As of now, I'd say Brian Wood's X-men. Although it's only been one issue, it was such a fantastic read! Then I'd say Uncanny X-men and, in third place, All-New X-men.

Keep in mind though that those and Uncanny Avengers are the only X-men books I am currently reading :P

#34 Posted by Dman1366 (528 posts) - - Show Bio

Why isn't WatX on the list? WatX is my favorite, then Woods' X-Men, then Astonishing

#35 Edited by Rickbarry (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

@rickbarry said:

Or that it's a good book, and your tastes diverge substantially from those of most X-fans on CV?

No, I think it makes sense to not say a book is better than every other X-book after ONE issue.

#36 Posted by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: And clearly your opinion, like I said, diverges substantially from the majority. I have barely read anything at all with Storm in it and I am loving UXM and ANXM, yet I still voted for X-Men -- which aligns with neither of the two things you said. It was a fantastic first issue which set up great stuff and was written by one of the writers I've most come to respect through his other work and thus have reason to expect continued high quality from. One issue of Wood's X-Men was absolutely better than the beginnings of any of the other books to me, and I voted accordingly.

#37 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

Tbhons, X-Men is what the title states. It's real X-Men doing real X-Men business. It doesn't make a mock of the masthead label like Bendis' Uncanny does--it's handled by a competent writer who actually knows his X-History and is a fan of the characters, while featuring a plethora of fan-favorite X-Women and villains, as well as a nice supporting cast. Wood naturally writes the X-Men and includes the one special element that all the other X-Titles barring X-Factor and possibly Astonishing lack: family.

Glad that it trumps all the other titles after one issue because it deserves to do so, Wood knows his craft, and actually, i'd like to think his Ultimate Comics X-Men title is THE BEST X-Title atm. And let it be noted that Wood's previous run turned into a must-read after only two issues--so contrariant business aside, it's fact facing.

There're some good stories going on about in CAXF and Legion's Legacy, but they're the respective satelite titles, UXF is still in the dustbin-room, while ANXM, WATX and UXM are respective pieces of trash handled by idiot writers with idiot stories--riddled with so much ooc examples you could write a full-length, A-grade dissertations on both, and still get extra credit.

#38 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-Men has always been my favorite.

#39 Edited by jhazzroucher (13936 posts) - - Show Bio

The adjectiveless X-Men!

#40 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

I put something else lmao!

#41 Edited by time (4576 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Captain_Superior_Blue (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: if by rubbish you mean it's a rubbishly good read then you are quiet correct lol.

#43 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1312 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane: I dont get why everyone doesnt like UXF I'm loving it right now. I thought bringing in people like Spiral an Puck were new choices.

But I can also see why everyone like X-men it was a amazing first issue. An the art was one point the whole way.

#44 Edited by time (4576 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain_superior_blue: It's very poor title, it has crap students, with the exceptions of kid Omega, genesis and Oya. All the villians are rubbish. I mean Wolverine most important villians are a bunch of kids, hellfire kids. All Jason Aaron is doing is dragging Wolverine character through the mud. Thinking of more reasons why he not qualified to be headmaster of a school. Also it's very childish. There about 9 titles listed above which is much better than Wolverine and the X-Men.

#45 Edited by Veitha (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-Men, but I also love All New XMen and X-men(but it's too soon to judge X-Men, we've only read an issue).

#46 Edited by oldnightcrawler (3424 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366 said:

Why isn't WatX on the list? WatX is my favorite, then Woods' X-Men, then Astonishing

I didn't even notice it wasn't there!

now I think this whole poll is a ridiculous farce.

#47 Edited by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men. Isn't it a little too early to judge?

#48 Posted by Dman1366 (528 posts) - - Show Bio

Correction, I think my favorite is Harbinger

#49 Posted by oldnightcrawler (3424 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomchu said:

X-Men. Isn't it a little too early to judge?

I voted for X-men, but I was also basing that on Wood's recent run of X-men with D.Lopez (who will also be working on the new book) from a few months ago.

#50 Edited by ScarletBatman (258 posts) - - Show Bio

All-New X-Men is definitely the run away best in my opinion. Hot on it's heels are Uncanny X-Men and adjectiveless X-Men.