What could be done to make Hope a better character?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Quite a few people do not like how Hope is written or just feel that she is a lame character all together. So then my question is how would you change her to make her better. In Fear Itself I thought her having all the powers combined was kinda cool but that could be a bit as well. I honestly wouldn't be adverse to her just being an omega level telepath with just healing capabilities.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

With nightcrawler coming back.. I want to see her interact with him. He did save her life after all. I find Hope to be alright i dont hate her, but i also feel shes meh. But i think a girl soldier raised by Cable and a holy adventurer like Nightcrawler will be an Intresting team up.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShadowX:

@hawk2916: Its funny how marvel doesnt know what to do with her now...lol

i wonder what would happen if hope ever meets emma or scott again

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kill her off

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

@shadowx said:

With nightcrawler coming back.. I want to see her interact with him. He did save her life after all.

This.

Plus I don't understand the whole messiah bit, nor do I care to. She resembles Jean too much. Maybe a different hairdo would help?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'd like to see Hope's power-set go from a catch-all "whatever the plot requires" knockoff of Rogue to something clearly defined. She should be a mini version of cable and mostly use survival skills to fight anyway.

JROCK72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Hope + Cable + Alternate Universe they travel to where mutants are fighting each other in a battle that has devastated the world = Marvel's Next Great Move

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bring back Jean permentaly. This way writers stop trying to make Hope interesting.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#10 god_spawn  Moderator

Kill her off

The writers have ruined whatever merit she ever had. I agree.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can hope just be jean grey reborn and amnesiac

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

The thought crossed my mind a couple of times, I'm not going to deny that, specially when Hope was first introduced.

We've seen resurrections, why not a character being completely reborn?

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Just write her off. They never should've made her the mutant messiah in the first place. Marvel was already teasing/setting up Wanda as the one to undo the mess she made and they should've stuck with it.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By adamTRMM

She was never an interesting character, more of a plot device though she had a lot of potential. But they totally ruined her by making her side with the Avengers and mostly by not punching Tony Stark in the face when he called her 'our girl'. But she smiled. Thanks Marvel, this was a spit in the face of all the Xmen continuity since Messiah Complex (though I never liked this 'messiah' stuff). Not much can help her now.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

The thought crossed my mind a couple of times, I'm not going to deny that, specially when Hope was first introduced.

We've seen resurrections, why not a character being completely reborn?

Yea I say just make it that she was snatched into the future when she was thought to have died in New Xmen at the hands of Xorn and is now reborn in Hope. Of course all of this is due to the Phoenix

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By XsPectre28

instead of young jean returning with O5 hope goes in her place to create a new timeline while young jean either stays as herself or somehow merges with the 616 jean to become a new jean, without the phoenix but with more power plus a better fighter

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was it ever explained why there was such spontaneous death and destruction at the moment she was born? Ever?

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

She should have been the daughter of the Phoenix. or Jean herself reborn.

I can't stand her character anymore except as a punching bag for Dani Moonstar. ^-^

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@shadowx said:

With nightcrawler coming back.. I want to see her interact with him. He did save her life after all.

This.

Plus I don't understand the whole messiah bit, nor do I care to. She resembles Jean too much. Maybe a different hairdo would help?

Yep get rid of that Rouge/Jean/Star Wars bounty hunter outfit. Give her something more Black Widow meets Cable or a mechanic. She is freeloading WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Too much off Jean's frame.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

I'd like to see Hope's power-set go from a catch-all "whatever the plot requires" knockoff of Rogue to something clearly defined. She should be a mini version of cable and mostly use survival skills to fight anyway.

Yeah I like it when she show's her Cable training, Tough, calculated. And yeah as someone else said define her powers more. I wonder how she'd get on with x-23. Both are young and trained since childhood. They might get along well

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

#21  Edited By knighthood

@knighthood said:

@shadowx said:

This.

Yep get rid of that Rouge/Jean/Star Wars bounty hunter outfit. Give her something more Black Widow meets Cable or a mechanic. She is freeloading WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Too much off Jean's frame.

I was thinking Black Widow too.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I happen to like Hope but I think they made her too powerful and for some reason X-Men cannot have really powerful members, yet the Avengers seems to have no problem with characters like Thor and Hyperion. It seems really powerful mutants like Cable, Nate, Hope, Legion, Iceman, etc.always have to have some kind of impediment to their powers or some writer always use the execuse they are too hard to write for. Hope is a very powerful character and it seems as a consequence she seems to not get used very much not that a writer does not have her on a team. I would like to see more of military skills she learned being raised by Cable. That could be a way to use her without having her be overly powerful. Hope like many of the younger X-Men has plenty of potential but needs a writer to champion her if that does not happen then their is little chance for inprovement.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Explain that she actually died and was really a clone of the original Hope when she arrived in the AvX timeline/universe.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

killl her

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By fodigg

@dayvid3 said:

@fodigg said:

Yeah I like it when she show's her Cable training, Tough, calculated. And yeah as someone else said define her powers more. I wonder how she'd get on with x-23. Both are young and trained since childhood. They might get along well

Add Jubilee to that mix and that's a book I'd read.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg: Sure, Jubilee's welcome, why not. I guess hope would be the middle ground between the extremes

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dayvid3 said:

@fodigg said:

She might fit in well with the new Xmen

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

none. i just dont like her

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HAWK2916

one thing that i think would definitely make her far more interesting is to have an origin story that maybe establishes Vulcan as her father and make her mother a Jean Grey/Madelyne Pryor clone that had latent mutant powers. As she died after giving birth her powers were transferred to Hope. There could be quite a few interesting stories spinning out of this