#1 Posted by AwesomePerson (881 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you guys think? Do you think that BoTA was simply just a waste and didn't do any good to the X-Community? In fact, do you think that X-Stories have gotten better since that event??

Frankly, I think that BoTA was a bit boring and comics like All New have gone down in quality...

#2 Posted by Spidey_Jackson (2777 posts) - - Show Bio

Xorn Jean was awesome.

Beata

#3 Posted by Squares (8392 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was boring too.

#4 Posted by Koays (2829 posts) - - Show Bio

It had it's cool moments. Adult Scott almost disappearing in the start, Jean and Scott running away, Xorn Jean reveal, Emma and the Cuckoo's vs Xorn Jean.

The only problem is that after it was over it didn't effect anything, I think Teen Jean might be the only one who brings it up anymore and everyone else is just cool with it. So yea, it was ok at the time, but it became a waste of money after the fact because of how irrelevant it was made.

#5 Edited by Night4345 (5718 posts) - - Show Bio

Confusing and boring.

#6 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

yup.

#7 Posted by AwesomePerson (881 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: That's true...

That's what I mean, it didn't effect anyone or anything... The only "major" thing that probably happened was Kitty and O5 switching teams... that's it...

#8 Posted by Tohoma (1618 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#9 Posted by frozenedge (1342 posts) - - Show Bio

It could've been good. It needed a better writer

#10 Posted by HAWK2916 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

BOTA was just stupid and not worth the paper it was printed. Complete waste of time and certainly not worthy of 50th anniversary event. No wonder some worry that xmen might be cancelled. Events like Bota add fuel to that fire.

#11 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Completely. Bendis and Aaron just do not get what makes the X-Men work, and with BOTA, they weren't even trying. It was joke. A flagrant mockery of the franchise and its axiomatic nuances. They were probably also laughing at the fervent fans who unknowingly bought into this cheap charade as well.

#12 Edited by Teerack (7413 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes!

#13 Posted by Primebonnick (2905 posts) - - Show Bio

yup made me not like kitty pryde any more and made me wonder what purpose does rachel grey serve.

Still xorn jean was epic and kymera came from it (i like her so it wasn't all for naught).

#14 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10821 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, it was a complete waste of time.

#15 Posted by rodwell (83 posts) - - Show Bio

I know everyone rips on BoTA but imo although it was too long and some issues seemed repetitive and slow, overall it was a fun celebration of the xmen. The art was good and it had a few fun character interaction moments, I really liked the young scott jean moments stealing clothing as well as the kitty rachel Chinese eating. Plus some of the fights were cool, especially enjoyed the psy fight, as well as the magik moments when they stormed the mansion. Plus the final event at cape citidal was a celebration of the x-men. So although BoTA may not have been the best story told in the best way, i still say it had some gems hidden in there, and i enjoyed myself.

#16 Posted by phisigmatau (554 posts) - - Show Bio

waste of time

glad i ent spend cash flow on it