#1 Posted by poisonfleur (2928 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay-- I know-- it's ANOTHER Storm and Wolverine thread-- Get over it and move on to the main topic.

Seriously wasn't Marvel acting like Storm and Wolverine were going to be Marvel's next power-couple. What happened!?!?!?
1) Too many dramas and more pressing matters going on right now?
2) Is this just another random encounter where they kiss and it means nothing... again.
3) Brian Wood hasn't had a chance to touch base on this yet in his 'X-men' run?
4) .....Bendis...... Never seemed to care about Storm. Although he seems to like Wolverine, so wtf!? (He seems to not be addressing important story lines: Wolverine and Storm, Rachel/Hope and young Jean meeting, and other mutant's voices on the O5's presence.)
5) Last mentions of their relationship were in 'Wolverine & the X-men' when they kissed and 'Uncanny X-force' when Psylocke asked.

Apparently in Wolverine comics Black Panther is going to fight Wolverine for dating Storm. Which I don't see why he is mad... Wolverine kissed his ex-wife and gave her a Mohawk. Is it really that critical, all things considered? They didn't really do anything... yet... right?

#2 Edited by Ultra_beleco (184 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure that in the day she got the mohawk they did everything.

#3 Posted by PassionFlower (957 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the whole thing was ill timed and foolish.I think they should have let her find her way as a single woman for a GOOD while. I think Marvel has no idea (read interest) of doing anything with her so yeah she be strung along behind Logan a while. I think that there is more Black Panther and Wakanda in the X Verse now that they are apart than there ever was when they were together in laughable especially in his world they are absolutely ignoring her existence ever was. She is with the soap drama and he is literally carrying around anti matter WMD's and contemplating acts of global genocide. Other than that...

#4 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4198 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay-- I know-- it's ANOTHER Storm and Wolverine thread-- Get over it and move on to the main topic.

Seriously wasn't Marvel acting like Storm and Wolverine were going to be Marvel's next power-couple. What happened!?!?!?

1) Too many dramas and more pressing matters going on right now?

2) Is this just another random encounter where they kiss and it means nothing... again.

3) Brian Wood hasn't had a chance to touch base on this yet in his 'X-men' run?

4) .....Bendis...... Never seemed to care about Storm. Although he seems to like Wolverine, so wtf!? (He seems to not be addressing important story lines: Wolverine and Storm, Rachel/Hope and young Jean meeting, and other mutant's voices on the O5's presence.)

5) Last mentions of their relationship were in 'Wolverine & the X-men' when they kissed and 'Uncanny X-force' when Psylocke asked.

1. there always is, Storm and Wolverine know the score; grab your moments where you can.
  2. I wouldn't say it meant nothing at all; an embrace between old friends after so long, that means something.
  3. the only story Brian Wood's done so far was when they were on opposite sides of the schism. I don't think that book needs Wolverine, really, as his attitude is felt in so many of the main characters anyway, but I'd still love to see his take on Wolverine.
  4. I'm sure that for a lot of writers, the less said about Storm and Wolverine's relationship the better. Either because they don't get it, or because they do and they realize it's kind of cooler that way. Bendis at least has the excuse that he's really only using Storm or Wolverine as supporting characters, as in, the stories he's telling aren't really about them.
  5. What more needs to be said?
#5 Edited by danhimself (22223 posts) - - Show Bio

what do Wood and Bendis have to do with any of this? Jason Aaron wrote that issue so it should be him addressing it in the future

Bendis is writing two other X-men books that have their own plots going on and Wood's book just started why would a plot point that Aaron started be continued in their books?

also Wolverine and the X-men started out good but this whole new Hellfire Club thing has gone on for way to long

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91071 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine got his...

#7 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

what do Wood and Bendis have to do with any of this? Jason Aaron wrote that issue so it should be him addressing it in the future

Bendis is writing two other X-men books that have their own plots going on and Wood's book just started why would a plot point that Aaron started be continued in their books?

also Wolverine and the X-men started out good but this whole new Hellfire Club thing has gone on for way to long

THIS.

#8 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

THIS.

I second this.

#9 Posted by Veitha (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@danhimself said:

THIS.

I second this.

Yes

#10 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you need to calm down a take 5. That relationship is a sham. And Aaron and Bendis are jokes. How, exactly, are you expecting them to deviate from their putrefying stories in order to focus on more worthwhile and meaningful sub-plots ?

And to answer that first question: no, Marvel were not in heck acting asif they there the next power couple--Aaron, being an uninspiring hack, decided to beat a dead horse--demean Storm by having Wolverine of all people reinforce the Mohawk for her, while having a bump-and-snog session at the same time. Ugh.

Somebody cut that guy's beard off and be done with it.

#11 Edited by jhazzroucher (14744 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine will show up in adjectiveless X-men so we'll see.