Want Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch? Watch DOFP

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Okay so apparently FOX has stated that in addition to Marvel/Disney not being able to call the two mutants and not being able to reference Magneto, they also can't call them Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch and must call them Wanda and Pietro.

Of all the stupid, stubborn, MONEY-GRUBBING BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!

Okay. So. Thanks to FOX, they can't be Magneto's kids. That's a downer, but nothing TOO bad. Next they can't be called mutants. Okay, that's annoying, but as long as they make a reference to mutation then that's kinda okay.

But now they can't even be called by their superhero names? FOX has the BALLS to dictate to Marvel and Disney, the company that made the characters and the company that OWNS Marvel, that they can't use the characters superhero names? How do I feel about this you may ask?

Yeah that covers it

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@smart_dork_dude: No it's Marvel that have the balls to try and use characters that they don't even have the rights to, they are the cash grubbing scum not Fox. If they don't like it, tough sh!t they shouldn't have sold the rights.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Actually they have just as much right to use them as FOX does. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch have just as much history, if not MORE SO, with The Avengers as they do with anything X-Men related

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous: Actually they have just as much right to use them as FOX does. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch have just as much history, if not MORE SO, with The Avengers as they do with anything X-Men related

Considering the very concept of what they are belongs to Fox, no they don't.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see the point of having Wanda and Pietro in the Avengers in the first place, although well known for being Avengers.....they work better in the X-Men world IMO. They have complicated personalities like most X-Men characters.

The Avengers film should focus more on iconic characters like Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, Vision maybe She -Hulk.....I think its just Whedon trying to relive his childhood.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're both stupid-stubborn-money-grubbing-scum. I don't like it because I've always seen QS and SW as Avengers. They only relations I see them as X-Men is that they are mutants and kids of Magneto. I feel like Marvel should get lawyers to double check if they can or can't use their aliases. Again, I've never seen them as X-Men characters. Overall I could care less because as long as the movie is good then I don't care. I would like them to have a quick moment to mention this. Like

Your codename is Silver

Why

Because your quick

Yours is Scarlet

What

And Pierto says It should be Witch.

something like that.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GonnaRain

The problem I've with Fox isn't just because of this issue with Wanda and Pietro, but because of what they're doing with the X-Men franchise in general. The movies were OK, and I must admit that I enjoyed some of them (X1 and First Class), but they weren't as good as some of the Marvel ones, say Thor (which I really liked), Iron Man 1, and of course, the Avengers, I just believe that the X-Men movies could be so great, specially since I prefer the X-Men over the Avengers, and I feel like Fox doesn't really know what to do with so much potential, specially with the chaos they made with the plot, characters and continuity in general.

It's Marvel's fault I guess, for selling the rights, but still it feels just so wrong that the company that MADE the characters, and still OWNS them in a way, can't really use them, specially since, like others, I see Wanda and Pietro more like Avengers, and I really wanted to see them in the next movie.

Poptartical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Poptartical

If they have to call them Wanda and Pietro because they can't use Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver and cannot, I can deal with that, But not being allowed to reference Magneto or call them mutants? C'mon!

I just don't see the point in using them anymore. When it was first announced I was so excited over it, now it's exhausting to hear about it. (Equally entertaining though). I know they originate from the X-Men but I see them more as Avengers now. However, I read Bryan Singer has plans to use Quicksilver in the upcoming x-men movie?

I agree with @gonnarain, it's Marvels fault for selling their right to Fox, OF ALL PEOPLE, did they really expect Fox to allow to use the characters?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

This is how I feel ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I r sad.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To all you people saying that Wanda and Pietro can't be mutants or the kids of Magneto, keep in mind Fox only has the movie rights. Just like with Spider-man, I'm fairly certain Marvel has the TELEVISION rights to mutants, and by extension, the X-Men. And considering their new live action show, Agents of SHIELD is set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it's entirely possible for them to introduce mutants, Magneto, etc, etc, and then just get away with not mentioning their backgrounds in much detail in Avengers 2.

Hell, considering WHO their father is, that's a very good reason NOT to mention where they got their powers from in the movie. They can totally get away with 'It's classified.', considering they get their powers, more or less, from their father, and he's a world class terrorist.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

How stupid.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could just use other Avengers...

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I totally agree that there are other Avengers available, but for me at least, some of them aren't as interesting. Luke Cage for example would be boring as hell, Dr. Strange on other hand would be freaking awesome.

@jonsmith said:

To all you people saying that Wanda and Pietro can't be mutants or the kids of Magneto, keep in mind Fox only has the movie rights. Just like with Spider-man, I'm fairly certain Marvel has the TELEVISION rights to mutants, and by extension, the X-Men. And considering their new live action show, Agents of SHIELD is set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it's entirely possible for them to introduce mutants, Magneto, etc, etc, and then just get away with not mentioning their backgrounds in much detail in Avengers 2.

Hell, considering WHO their father is, that's a very good reason NOT to mention where they got their powers from in the movie. They can totally get away with 'It's classified.', considering they get their powers, more or less, from their father, and he's a world class terrorist.

That would be a total burn for Fox.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

Yes. Yes. Yes! Yes!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!

JReed2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94: They could just use other Avengers...

^ This, everytime... So many Avengers Characters they can use, from Antman and Wasp, to Vision, Captain Marvel... hell they could even bring War Machine, and Falcon into it. Seriously, instead of getting into a legal battle and having to resort to tippy toeing around everything, they should just use characters that deserve to be in the movie more than pietro and wanda.

TheFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Yeah, I'm against Fox on this one. True, Marvel shouldn't have sold the rights, but I also think it's a fair call to say simply because Fox has the rights to make a movie, doesn't really explain why they insist on making cinema train-wrecks with the properties they own.

And the fact that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch have less than nothing to do with DOFP smacks of Fox throwing it in Marvel's face simply because they can.

And can we really put faith in a studio that's more interested in trolling their competition than putting out a solid film?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cattlebattle

@thefool said:

And can we really put faith in a studio that's more interested in trolling their competition than putting out a solid film?

LOL, Disney does that probably more than Fox.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

@oscars94: They could just use other Avengers...

^ This, everytime... So many Avengers Characters they can use, from Antman and Wasp, to Vision, Captain Marvel... hell they could even bring War Machine, and Falcon into it. Seriously, instead of getting into a legal battle and having to resort to tippy toeing around everything, they should just use characters that deserve to be in the movie more than pietro and wanda.

Exactly this! The solution is so simple, all they have to do is just find some other Avenger characters to put into the movie. It shouldn't upset the fans too much if that happens.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By novi_homines

@jonny_anonymous said:

@smart_dork_dude: No it's Marvel that have the balls to try and use characters that they don't even have the rights to, they are the cash grubbing scum not Fox. If they don't like it, tough sh!t they shouldn't have sold the rights.

THIS! Stop dickriding marvel/disney people. They DON'T have the proper rights to the characters and they SHOULDN'T even be using them. Marvel has a long list of avengers characters to use. No reason for them to be using mutants in their films. That's what the entire X-Men is built around! Bryan Singer in some ways paved the way for superhero movies in this era beginning with X-Men 1 in 2000, he began X-Men in live action. It has been 13 long yrs of him being tied to X-Men films. So in some ways, the X-men is his entire life's work. And here comes disney coming along to take 2 of his mutants. I'm not in the least bit surprised that he reacted the way he did. And I probably would have done the same if I were in his situation. Disney should be the ones backing off, not FOX.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefool said:

Yeah, I'm against Fox on this one. True, Marvel shouldn't have sold the rights, but I also think it's a fair call to say simply because Fox has the rights to make a movie, doesn't really explain why they insist on making cinema train-wrecks with the properties they own.

And the fact that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch have less than nothing to do with DOFP smacks of Fox throwing it in Marvel's face simply because they can.

X-Men 1, X-Men 2, X-Men First class >>>>>>>>> 90% of the MCU. Exceptions include: IM1, Thor, Avengers.

TheFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: I would say Cap should probably be on that list too, But to each their own.

Still, Marvel Studios haven't quite sunk to X-men Origins: Wolverine levels quite yet. And that counts for a lot.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet Witch wasn't announced to be in DOFP when I last heard. They just said Quicksilver.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefool said:

@novi_homines: I would say Cap should probably be on that list too, But to each their own.

Still, Marvel Studios haven't quite sunk to X-men Origins: Wolverine levels quite yet. And that counts for a lot.

Wasn't a huge fan of Caps movie. It was ok in my opinion.

And you're absolutely right. MCU "worst" films are average at the very least. None are horrendous.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Wanda and Pietro hid their mutant origins for years as Avengers, and their connection to Magneto was unknown for almost fifteen years before it was revealed. To be honest, though, I'm surprised that Fox is approaching it this way - neither Quicksilver nor the Scarlet Witch have any real firm association with the X-Men brand besides being occasional allies and both are considered mainstays of the Avengers. While the term 'mutants' could be worked around, I am interested to see if Fox has any interest in developing a series about Magneto and his children or are just acting as licensing trolls.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Well, Wanda and Pietro hid their mutant origins for years as Avengers, and their connection to Magneto was unknown for almost fifteen years before it was revealed. To be honest, though, I'm surprised that Fox is approaching it this way - neither Quicksilver nor the Scarlet Witch have any real firm association with the X-Men brand besides being occasional allies and both are considered mainstays of the Avengers. While the term 'mutants' could be worked around, I am interested to see if Fox has any interest in developing a series about Magneto and his children or are just acting as licensing trolls.

I've wondered about this too. If Quicksilver is going to be in X-Men Days of Future Past, will they actually try to develop his character instead of just putting him in there because he's a mutant?