#1 Edited by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

Call me slow, but I was rereading X-Men #1 by Brian Wood and Oliver Coipel. Yes, yes, I know it's a great book and all according to reviews, but there is ONEthing I didn't realise until I reread it. I mean, this should have been super-obvious and all but...

Since when could Rogue fly? I mean, I thought she lost her Ms Marvel powers (super strength, endurance and flight) after Mike Carey and Bachelo did the strain-somethingsomething issues in the Supernovas TPB (or #188 - #199 for the single issue readers like myself). I read somewhere alone that she probably got her powers from Northstar and all, but it is not explicitly mentioned in the book, right?

#2 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4563 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomchu: I think she mentions in that issue or the next that she's borrowing Northstar's powers.

I remember thinking it was kind of random since she could borrow flight from Storm, but then there's that bit with the train.

#3 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomchu said:

Call me slow, but I was rereading X-Men #1 by Brian Wood and Oliver Coipel. Yes, yes, I know it's a great book and all according to reviews, but there is ONEthing I didn't realise until I reread it. I mean, this should have been super-obvious and all but...

Since when could Rogue fly? I mean, I thought she lost her Ms Marvel powers (super strength, endurance and flight) after Mike Carey and Bachelo did the strain-somethingsomething issues in the Supernovas TPB (or #188 - #199 for the single issue readers like myself). I read somewhere alone that she probably got her powers from Northstar and all, but it is not explicitly mentioned in the book, right?

Yeah. She explains on the panel below, on that same page of the scan you posted. Re-reread it.

#4 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4563 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomchu: no worries, I feel like I missed it myself the first time.

#6 Edited by phisigmatau (515 posts) - - Show Bio

that would've been great if she drained ms marvel again. absolutely friggin great. put that lady back in a coma

#7 Posted by darthphoenix (756 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Selina_Sublime (155 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue should permanently absorb Colossus.

#9 Posted by Rickbarry (1781 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue should permanently absorb Colossus.

Is that an odd sexual reference?