UNLOCKING POWERS THREAD

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1. Among the telepaths, who can unlock another mutant's powers?

2. Did O5 jean unlock her powers by herself? is there still powers yo unlock?

3. who's powers have been unlocked already?

4. Is 2nd mutation considered unlocked powers?

5. what do you think would be your fave mutant's power state when his or her powers are unlocked?

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sage is the only one, the others can only shut powers down by telepathically blocking their ability to access them

O5 jean unlocked her new powers with the help of beast, who told her she was a telepath to which removed the mental blocks & when she had her recent power boost was due to training with Oracle of the Imperial Guard

too many, most due to secondary mutation

basiclly because the secondary powers dont unlock when the original power(s) do

5. what do you think would be your fave mutant's power state when his or her powers are unlocked?
O5 jean & iceman.... so far

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix:

Yes they can. Many mutants do not use the full force of their particular power, telepaths can unlock potential. Hellion and Emma Frost come to mind. He had vast untapped telekinetic power and she unlocked it. If you are talking about developing powers that are completely different than their primary mutation, we must remember Xavier unlocked latent time travel abilities in Cable during Legion Quest.

Yes. Regardless of what she was told, it was her own force of will that unlocked her powers. PIS is the only reason she didn't know she was a telepath anyway as that was the reason Xavier took her in to begin with and nothing suggests she was unaware of her history with him all these years. Considering she has unlimited potential for power the possibilities for developing all manner of psionic powers are endless.

Plenty

Not IMO, a secondary mutation is just that, secondary. They are usually new powers altogether. I would consider examples of mutants having a limit and surpassing that limit by tapping unknown potential as unlocking power.

I have always been interested in Magik developing the latent power to warp time outside of time travel as Dr Strange stated she could do more with time. I want Elixir to unlock more power but then he'd be too powerful for Xmen writers to deal with. He could potentially shapeshift himself and others, grant superpowers, manipulate plants and animals, cause mutations or even create life. If used right he could have fixed what Wanda broke.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i thought A0A jean unlocked psylocke's powers. I have no idea how it happened but im sure i read it somewhere.

Does it take long for powers to be unlocked? X-men should have had their powers unlocked before they went to avx.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@darthphoenix:

I have always been interested in Magik developing the latent power to warp time outside of time travel as Dr Strange stated she could do more with time. I want Elixir to unlock more power but then he'd be too powerful for Xmen writers to deal with. He could potentially shapeshift himself and others, grant superpowers, manipulate plants and animals, cause mutations or even create life. If used right he could have fixed what Wanda broke.

Damn, those would be awesome.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i thought A0A jean unlocked psylocke's powers. I have no idea how it happened but im sure i read it somewhere.

Does it take long for powers to be unlocked? X-men should have had their powers unlocked before they went to avx.

AOA Jean did unlock hidden psi power in Psylocke, all mutants don't have hidden power locked away. Many adult mutants are at the height of their mutation. What limits most mutants is creative application of powers, not level of power. Telepaths can also help with that, like when Emma showed Bobby what he is capable with his powers. She didn't unlock power she only showed him the potential he had with the level of power he could tap. Bobby always had the power just not the drive to use it outside of the regular ways he was used to.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When did AOA jean unlock Psylocke's psi powers?