uncanny avengers/Amazing X-men lineup

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

so the amazing X-men are an official team in the marvel U but really what is the point of this team? personally I feel they would be better suited in the Uncanny avengers team since they seem to the only X-men left holding on to the upbeat spirit and sense of responsibility. that along with both beast and(technically) storm still being members of the avengers, why not put them in charge of an important team like the unity squad? what do you guys think?

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Why not?

But to be honest I feel the X-Men need to get away from the Avengers and have their own fun team and joke around each other and fight super villains and you know???

Enjoy each other's company...

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did....did you just suggest on the X-boards that one of the X-Men teams stops what its doing and becomes an Avengers team?

Your a different type of brave...

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This is part of the problem. Everyone has this notion that the Avengers are the big leagues now. Why do they have to mix? Why cant the Xmen stand on their own and be relevant? We dont need anymore mixing and Xmen joining the Avengers. Funny that no Avengers come a join the Xmen. Keep them seperate and if they work together let them do so in a team up for an issue but not as an ongoing

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

so the amazing X-men are an official team in the marvel U but really what is the point of this team? personally I feel they would be better suited in the Uncanny avengers team since they seem to the only X-men left holding on to the upbeat spirit and sense of responsibility. that along with both beast and(technically) storm still being members of the avengers, why not put them in charge of an important team like the unity squad? what do you guys think?

I like the idea that some senior X-men become Avengers from time to time because, in my mind, the whole premise of the Avengers is that it's a team-up of any the great marvel heroes; not that it's the top of the MU, but that it's by definition the center of it.

But, as far as being "in charge of an important team", I'd rather see Storm and Beast in charge of the X-men. To me that seems as important (if not more) than being on one of many Avengers spin-offs.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

This is part of the problem. Everyone has this notion that the Avengers are the big leagues now. Why do they have to mix? Why cant the Xmen stand on their own and be relevant? We dont need anymore mixing and Xmen joining the Avengers. Funny that no Avengers come a join the Xmen. Keep them seperate and if they work together let them do so in a team up for an issue but not as an ongoing

the avengers were always the big leagues "earth's mightiest heroes" remember? the reason for the merge is to help make Charles' dream that much closer to a reality. but look at the current uncanny avengers roster. it's suppose to be a union of avengers and X-men but there's only one X-man on the team. we all know creed wont last. I loved the last version of the team but they were so full of themselves that the team just fell apart.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cresshadow: The Avengers aren't the big leagues, more accurately their the Olympics and the X-Men is the NBA. The Olympics might have basketball, but that's not where i'd go to watch a game.

The fact is that the Uncanny Avengers weren't really forwarding Chuck's dream anymore then the X-Men were. Havok had a nice speech about how the team was about showing mutants and humans working together, but how is that, in a world where mutants are seen as destructive and unpredictable, any better then the X-Men's objective of showing the world that mutants can contribute to the betterment of mankind. Or their goal of training young mutants so their not dangerous or unpredictable.

I'm not against the Uncanny Avenger concept, but to say that an X-Men team should jump on to their line up does nothing except take everything that the X-Men have built on conceptually for years and throwing an Avengers logo on it. Which is additionally flawed since the Uncanny Avengers was constantly bombarded with the question of whether their approach was right.

What you suggest is a nice concept sure, but that's like saying Batman is getting kind of stale, he should go be Robins sidekick. When the majority of the story elements that make Robins story work originate from Batman.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@koays said:

@cresshadow: The Avengers aren't the big leagues, more accurately their the Olympics and the X-Men is the NBA. The Olympics might have basketball, but that's not where i'd go to watch a game.

The fact is that the Uncanny Avengers weren't really forwarding Chuck's dream anymore then the X-Men were. Havok had a nice speech about how the team was about showing mutants and humans working together, but how is that, in a world where mutants are seen as destructive and unpredictable, any better then the X-Men's objective of showing the world that mutants can contribute to the betterment of mankind. Or their goal of training young mutants so their not dangerous or unpredictable.

I'm not against the Uncanny Avenger concept, but to say that an X-Men team should jump on to their line up does nothing except take everything that the X-Men have built on conceptually for years and throwing an Avengers logo on it. Which is additionally flawed since the Uncanny Avengers was constantly bombarded with the question of whether their approach was right.

What you suggest is a nice concept sure, but that's like saying Batman is getting kind of stale, he should go be Robins sidekick. When the majority of the story elements that make Robins story work originate from Batman.

This^

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Agreed

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HAWK2916

@cresshadow: Yea I know what they said the reason for the merge was, but it was unnecessary. Not saying the book is bad because I think it was one of the best books out there. But There are enough Xmen and enough Avengers out there that you can tell meaningful stories without merging the two. Also it could have been named something else. Hell maybe this concept should have been the All New Defenders or the Avenging Xmen for that matter

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Koays

@hawk2916: Actually "Avenging X-Men" wouldve been perfect given the starting arcs focus on Xavier and the way it deals with fallout from the previous X-Men/force losses.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: It did have more of an xmen feel to it considering those arcs

Avatar image for sweetisvengeance
SweetisVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SweetisVengeance

Uncanny avengers is already flawed you can see it in the title "Uncanny Avengers" its supposed to be a united team of mutants and non mutant heroes. Why is it not called Unity Squad or something... almost every team is called avengers now its ridicolous. The defenders are avengers, x men are avengers, fantastic four are avengers, Illuminati are avengers. every fucking person is avenger..... its stupid