Idie Okonkwo, a.k.a. Oya, and Genesis, Evan Sabahnur, to join the team

No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Remember when i said i wanted a faction of kids tired of both sides and striking out on their own....this wasn't it. I feel like something i should like has been tainted with remnants of Aaron and Bendis.

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beast, Angel, Cyclops, Laura.

Which of those guys is Ice Boy gonna hook up with first?

We all know that that's gonna be the focus of this book.

I've always really liked Idie though.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Be careful what you wish for. Looks like you got more than you bargained for with this lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oh, poor little En Sabah Nur.....what have they done to you?

Now, imagine if this team was Idie, Genesis, X-23, Rockslide, Anole and Armor. THAT would actually feel somewhat "All-New", but instead we're getting younger versions of established, relevant characters. Marvel, what are you doing?

I'm usually not like this, but I genuinely hope this book flops.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

Oh, poor little En Sabah Nur.....what have they done to you?

Now, imagine if this team was Idie, Genesis, X-23, Rockslide, Anole and Armor. THAT would actually feel somewhat "All-New", but instead we're getting younger versions of established, relevant characters. Marvel, what are you doing?

I'm usually not like this, but I genuinely hope this book flops.

I REALLY liked the idea of him not being affiliated with any of the X-Teams and being on his own with guidance of Deadpool (Aftermath of Axis).

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Yeah, that's not enough for me to put up with O5.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85: Lol Your right...i'm gonna just shut up before my "Summers Family Reunion" and "Dark Messiah" ideas come back as part of the All New X-Men Annual.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Summers Family Reunion, as in, Havok and Cable, Cyclops only living blood relatives meet up at Cyclops' funeral after he's killed by Medusa right before X-Men are replaced by the Inhumans ?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Summers Family Reunion, as in, Havok and Cable, Cyclops only living blood relatives meet up at Cyclops' funeral after he's killed by Medusa right before X-Men are replaced by the Inhumans ?

If I say yes...will they think it's what i want and not do this?

vascillator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think "hopeless" hits the nail on the head...

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@koays said:
@avenger85 said:

If I say yes...will they think it's what i want and not do this?

Yup, they'll not do this, instead they'll just remove the Summers family completely. Or replace the Summer genes with Howlett genes, like Rachel.

nah j/k lol

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet Genesis will end up gay and will hook with Iceboy.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@bababoom said:

Nutters! --I was just going to say that!

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

honestly, when I saw the thread title, I was hoping it would be something more like this. I could dig this..

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cattlebattle

They say "All New", but what I think they really mean is "same old sh*t"

Also, why is Wolverine considered a mantle anyways?? Logan didn't dress up in a costume to become a symbol or an inspiration, he was just a weird, diminutive, hairy Canadian guy that dressed up in gaudy costume because he lived in the wacky Marvel Universe....he isn't Batman.... I smell some marketing shenanigans on that one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@sprior93: I like the idea of New Mutants being All-New X-Men. I think O5 X-Men dont have any role being on present and they are complete knowing about their future and probably changing their past/future and if they are killed the present version will be killed as well.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BaBaBoom

@rubear: And Iceman had multiple relationships with women before he was retconned to be gay. Expect Genesis to turn Iceboy into his horseman. ;)

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#20  Edited By McKlayn

Maybe this is the first step to them filter out the 05 and replacing them with real All New X men lol

AND I'd like to see a few more of the new X men, those two for sure wouldn't be my first pick but still. If i were to do it I would love to see something like this

Leader: Ruby Summers (shes in battleworld why not keep her)

05 Angel

X-23

Miles Morales (its a reboot, keep him away from the avengers make him a mutant and keep him with X men lol Be good to get readers too)

Quentin Quire (return him to more of the bad boy rebel type and resident psychic)

Armor (she could be the muscle of the group, almost like modern version of Colossus for the team and even Toss X-23 for the Fastball special)

Very female heavy, so good girl power like they were going for recently and just a over all solid line up of interesting characters that could use some real stories

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#21  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@cattlebattle: just because someone didn't intend something doesn't mean that it doesn't end up happening .

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oya and hank hook-up like how in x-men the end hes supposes to end up married to dr C. reyes

also with those two joining the group this makes me even less wanting to get it but i wont which is weird cause i stuck with anxm vol 1 to the bitter end

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By dernman

@cattlebattle said:

Also, why is Wolverine considered a mantle anyways?? Logan didn't dress up in a costume to become a symbol or an inspiration, he was just a weird, diminutive, hairy Canadian guy that dressed up in gaudy costume because he lived in the wacky Marvel Universe....he isn't Batman.... I smell some marketing shenanigans on that one.

Agreed. I don't like it. What's his mantle, symbol or inspiration suppose to be of anyway? Also X-23 doesn't look as interesting as she use too. What's with Scott's new outfit? It's terrible.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

My All New Xmen:

Surge.

Hellion.

Dust.

Rockslide.

Pixie.

Mercury.

Cipher(Alisa Tager)

X23(not in wolverine uniform)

Blindfold (supporting)

I don't know what the hell Marvel is doing with this crap. I hate to be that guy but I hope this gets cancelled before the first arc is done. @Vascillator had it right with "hopeless" thing.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bababoom said:

@rubear: And Iceman had multiple relationships with women before he was retconned to be gay. Expect Genesis to turn Iceboy into his horseman. ;)

And older Iceman is not gay. No retcon, just something with bendised mind of young Iceman. xD

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@rubear: Tell that to the guy, who confirmed adult icemans homosexuality in social media. Granted Bendis might not have actually planned it that way, Marvel might have just reacted, because they don't want people to think they believe homosexuality to be a choice. They are worrying too much of course. Kieron Gillen believes homosexuality to be a choice and one of his series won a GLAAD award.

I feel kinda bad because there is the possibility that this will be really good and they handle homosexuality really well, but because of this stupid O5-bullshit more interesting characters of the new mutants are nowhere to be seen and Bendis handled the reveal and everything around it so horrendously, I really don't feel like giving this a try.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: I don't give a glark about some guy mumble in social media, the whole story of his tells that he is not)

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:
@bababoom said:

And older Iceman is not gay. No retcon, just something with bendised mind of young Iceman. xD

Either way, Genesis would be enjoying his Icecream. :P

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The cover is whack. This is also a boring and predictable lineup.

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we sure this is Oya? I know some reports have said this (mainly because of skin color), but I recall somewhere that Hopeless said Cipher may end up in an unexpected place when someone asked during an interview about possible guests or additions. I just have not seen an actual article stating who the girl is and I know they aged her substantially in Wolverine and the X-men and made her into Janelle Monea but she looks even older on the cover here (if that is her).

To be fair though, she does not look much like Cipher either.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we sure this is Oya? I know some reports have said this (mainly because of skin color), but I recall somewhere that Hopeless said Cipher may end up in an unexpected place when someone asked during an interview about possible guests or additions. I just have not seen an actual article stating who the girl is and I know they aged her substantially in Wolverine and the X-men and made her into Janelle Monea but she looks even older on the cover here (if that is her).

To be fair though, she does not look much like Cipher either.

Yeah, and they made future Quentin Quire into a Kanye West ripoff......or so it seemed lol, according to some artwork. They aged Oya in WatX? I though she was the same age? 14-15?

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatekey: That could have just been my perception. In Generation Next (and Schism) she looked and acted preteen. Scenes with the dolly and ice cream made me think she was really young. In the WAXM Vol.II she seemed to be older. It may have just been how I saw it. They have kind of been all over the place when it comes to the kids from WATX and the "lights".

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its oya cause cypher is old

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ultimatekey
BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BaBaBoom

@ultimatekey: He was actually resurrected as a teenager in Necrosha. He is only treated as an adult because he acts and talks like one. His adolescence is the reason for his scrawnier build compared to the other New Mutants, granted Cannonball and Sunfire are both muscular.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bababoom said:

@ultimatekey: He was actually resurrected as a teenager in Necrosha. He is only treated as an adult because he acts and talks like one. His adolescence is the reason for his scrawnier build compared to the other New Mutants, granted Cannonball and Sunfire are both muscular.

You meant SunSPOT but was this confirmed by anyone like the writers at Marvel? Because in-story, that does not seem to be the case. And I do not believe it. No offense because he seemed to be the same height as everyone else.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I Like this! HOWEVER I think X-23 should have been Surge.
I will read this.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By adamTRMM

Good, as long as it's not NXM it's all good. Let them stay in libmo right until this concept dies. "insert character name here" and the X-men did enough damage to them already, no need for fillers, unless a writer is passionate about these characters.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bababoom said:

You meant SunSPOT but was this confirmed by anyone like the writers at Marvel? Because in-story, that does not seem to be the case. And I do not believe it. No offense because he seemed to be the same height as everyone else.

Oops... Yeah, I meant Sunspot. I re-read my Necrosha TPB and didn't find any mention of him being young (probably because they are all busy pondering why he's alive). But, just like everyone else, he was resurrected at the same age when he died. His physical appearance also differs depending on the artist. Sometimes he looks like the same age as the rest of the New Mutants vol. 3 team and sometimes he clearly looks like he's younger (the same can be said to Magik).

In this scan he clearly looks younger than the rest and scrawnier.
This is from Necrosha shortly after he was resurrected, you can argue that he looks like an adult but, I'd say he looks like a teenager along with the resurrected Hellions.
This is from Necrosha shortly after he was resurrected, you can argue that he looks like an adult but, I'd say he looks like a teenager along with the resurrected Hellions.
Cypher together with Cannonball, Sam clearly looks like an older brother to Doug in the scene.
Cypher together with Cannonball, Sam clearly looks like an older brother to Doug in the scene.
An instance where Cypher looked the same age as Sunspot which is either due to the artistic style or error.
An instance where Cypher looked the same age as Sunspot which is either due to the artistic style or error.
He still looks younger  and smaller/scrawnier than his teammates in All-New X-Factor.
He still looks younger and smaller/scrawnier than his teammates in All-New X-Factor.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

So they are basically adding younger versions of Wolverine, Storm and uh... Apocalypse now.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bababoom said:
@ultimatekey said:
@bababoom said:

Oops... Yeah, I meant Sunspot. I re-read my Necrosha TPB and didn't find any mention of him being young (probably because they are all busy pondering why he's alive). But, just like everyone else, he was resurrected at the same age when he died. His physical appearance also differs depending on the artist. Sometimes he looks like the same age as the rest of the New Mutants vol. 3 team and sometimes he clearly looks like he's younger (the same can be said to Magik).B

He still looks younger and smaller/scrawnier than his teammates in All-New X-Factor.

......................But Danger had sex with him though? Danger had sex with a 15-16 year old? And his friend Warlock beat crap out of a 15-16 year old? And obviously in the story, Georgia Dakei (I think she was like 13-14) is younger-looking and shorter than Doug, who you say is supposed to be 14-15 years old, but he is taller and more mature looking than her.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BaBaBoom

@ultimatekey: Technically Danger is only a few years old, so there's that, and since when did Marvel shy away from showing teenagers getting beat up? They blew up a bus filled with children and Hellion lost his hands. Appearing taller and more mature towards a 13-14 year old that has only been recently introduced doesn't exactly indicate that Doug is much older than he is, especially since Doug has been through so much hardship. Personally, I would put Doug around the age of 17-18 but they can always retcon Doug's age by changing how old he is when he died.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Two clones on one team? Woah there, Marvel. Too much, too fast.

Pikachunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bababoom said:

That's exactly what I thought. I've always got a few gay vibes from Evan... So, yeah... Calling it now.

As for my opinion on this team... Ehh.
If I could style my own All New X-Men team of kids ditching the schools and going out on their own, it would be...
Hellion
Quentin Quire
Genesis
Elixir
X-23
Surge
Mercury

Basically, the kids who I think have been screwed over enough by the schools. yay.

rodrigomonsalv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the new mutants please :(