TV show from the success of X:DOFP?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poisonfleur

So X-men Days of Future Past is bound to be a success. (Yes, I am calling it early.) But will this open the door to an X-men animation project?

I know Marvel is cranking out Animes, but do we AT LEAST get a follow up movie from the ending of the X-men Anime. IMO, ever since Iron Man Rise of the Technoverse (or whatever) and the Black Widow/Punisher movies, Madhouse animations have stepped up their game with comicbook anime. (My recent favorite part was when the introduced Captain Marvel.)

So... Any chance Days of Future Past could be made into an anime by Madhouse or can we get an Uncanny X-men TV show that takes the best from all the shows and the classics and freshness of the comics??

Or does Marvel have other projects to focus on right now?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

F*ck western superhero anime

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

F*ck western superhero anime

Lol

And agreed on the post above about Fox doing an animated or TV series with their top x-characters.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine and the Xmen had a season of that didnt they?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By HAWK2916

It is time for something xmen related in the way of tv shows. Whether its animated in the same line as TAS or a live action like Agents of Shield and Heroes. I think it would even help the movies in the sense that the creators and directors wouldnt have to try and cram so many years worth of stories into a 2 hour movie. Considering the way the superhero movies are such a box office success coupled with the tv ratings wars a network could potentially up their viewership a great if they pursued this. And money should be no real issue considering the lack of actual written and developed tv shows with real actors and actresses and the constant leaning toward the less expensive reality stuff thats been the case over the last few years

MOWQLI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MOWQLI

A second season of WATXM is always welcome.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what I would love is a live action X-men/X-Academy show.

With shows like Believe, Heroes, Alphas dont you think its time for a true X-men show.

Shows like Arrow and agents of SHIELD show that superhero-ish show can work.

Why doesn't Fox do this? They have the rights. For me its a no-brainer.

Well they tried something like this after the first X-men movie but the pilot didnt perform well. If Gotham does well on their network they may try again though

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@koays said:

@westfriesianman said:

Well they tried something like this after the first X-men movie but the pilot didnt perform well. If Gotham does well on their network they may try again though

this, but on t.v.?
this, but on t.v.?

Live action X-factor series.

That's a book that could work pretty well as it's got the crime drama/conspiracy thing, the sit-com thing, and isn't too far out in superhero land that it would need a huge budget to pull off.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@westfriesianman said:

this, but on t.v.?
this, but on t.v.?

Live action X-factor series.

That's a book that could work pretty well as it's got the crime drama/conspiracy thing, the sit-com thing, and isn't too far out in superhero land that it would need a huge budget to pull off.

Oh yea, even their powers(provided they used that cast) would be simple to pull off.....Plus it's definetly down to earth enough that it would pull in the casual fans as well. Peter David involved in some capacity would be good as well.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I agree on the X-factor thing. Basically by that same line of reasoning an Academy X/New Xmen book might work along the lines of Heroes as well

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I'd definitely like to see it at least be based on David's run, and featuring that original cast.

Though, the decimation-era conspiracy stuff could be tricky without a connection to rest of the MU, and I'm not sure what the rights would be on Layla's character (though they really seem like they should be on the X-side of things, she did start out in HoM, so I dunno)..

But I feel like with the right attention to the source material, those things could be worked around..

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Yea, I can see it taking place at Xavier's with some lesser known X-Men or New Mutants as teachers(just to avoid controversy over who's playing who)

@oldnightcrawler - Yea the earl stuff is tricky, but theres some good moments though that don't really tie in to anything or can just be written around. Layla definitely belongs on any X-Factor cast list, since hollywood loves kids.

Though an interesting idea would be seeing Hawk2916's Academy X idea spin off into a X-Factor series or vice versa....since they both depend so much on the larger Universe around them, they could sort of build one.....plus they sort of compliment each other.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: yeah, I could see that. Richter or Wolfsbane could make some mention of their days at the school, or that their class now runs the school or something, and that could be a reference to Moonstar or the others being teachers in a series about the New X-men.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cattlebattle

TV show could happen . I think Fox was considering it. Although it might be something more inline with "NYX" than actual straight X-Men show for budgetary reasons.

I imagine another X-Men cartoon will surface somewhere. Although Marvels current animation projects are garbage. I would rather wait until some visionary comes along and gives them a stage to shine on along with the other Marvel characters.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Yea plus the school would be a good platform to introduce a character like Layla,...i think with the way DC is sort of building a small screen universe that interconnects it could be a good selling point for a series of X-Men related shows.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By poisonfleur

Who remembers the show... Mutant X
LOLZ

Martian81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love a more mature tone, 1Make the story about the X-force not Xmen, a hard boiled paramilitary type unit

2. Make the story kind of like Wolverine Vs Hulk, where the stakes are high

3.To introduce Apocalypse to a new audience I think he should be the villain right from the first season, and he should feature like every third episode directly, not really have all his henchmen do work for him, unless it is the 4 horsemen.I am tired of Apocalypse being saved up for last in Xmen Evolution, we got a look of him in two episodes and in Wolverine and the Xmen just as he was teased, the show got canned. So no more hiding of Apocalypse for some climax , bring him in from the start. Let his story be complex and span the entire series for example ...

Like if the story goes that to be awakened 4 celestial elements at different points on earth hidden for centuries when combined are an activation key for his revitalization chamber that is a machine that would evolve all mutants on earth to their peak but kill every human(even if it is similar to the X-men 1 idea, but this is a new series so I think it's OK). We have Apocalypse possess and work through first one horseman retrieving a component element/key and then another and at every point we can have X men battle him, Brotherhood battle him or the Acolytes/Hellfire club as they each want the element for it grants unique powers to the wielder.Then with the series progressing we can say Xmen get beaten once with a face off with him, the Brotherhood as well and the Acolytes maybe battle him but he takes over them through mind control. Each horseman would grow in power set as he transfers his essence to the next , so that the next form retains the powers of the first host and also gets new abilities of the current host. To make the film dark maybe each horseman dies when his essence leaves and that is why he needs to find his revitalization pod to keep his body permanent without needing hosts. he is finally stopped when the 4th horseman is defeated before the Lazarus chamber can be activated so that his full power or form is not complete and the master revitalization pod is destroyed before he can enter it.

I want Apocalypse power set to be fully exhausted in this series.I think at first he should be shown as an essence that possesses a mutant maybe some glowing circuitry (almost tattoo like) is shown on their face or body and they turn dark grey in colour and their eyes glow red .Once his in a mutant's body he exhibits his own powers like telepathy and telekinesis nothing too advanced , but once he leaves to posess the second host we now see him augmenting the second horseman by shape shifting, morphing his body into blades , energy field constructs as well as regeneration enabling him to regenerate blown off body parts if he is facing an army or heavy weaponry. By the 3rd horseman he can phase , teleport, his body also evolves into a more dangerous weapon system enabling him to morph his body into weapons that can even shoot projectiles like plasma cannons and grenade launchers or split into autonomous smaller arachnid sentries. So anyway he is stopped though by the unified efforts of the X-force and Brotherhood

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A new X-Men would work. Call it the Astonishing X-Men and go through all major storylines

vs The Brotherhood

vs the Acolytes

vs the Hellfire Club

Dark Phoenix Saga

William Stryker

Age of Apocalypse

Days of Future Past

Mutant Massacre

House of M

Decimation

Schism

First Class

Genosha

The Mutant Cure

That's about 13 seasons there.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who remembers the show... Mutant X

LOLZ

i remember this show... it was both awesome for its potential and woeful for its excecution. That being said... across the board... the Cast was absolutely smokin' hot. mmm Victor Webster ...