• 125 results
Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Cutter

O.k guys...let stop here. Why don't we talk about something else. Let talk about why they portray STORM so young. She was born in 1956?

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@cutter said:

O.k guys...let stop here. Why don't we talk about something else. Let talk about why they portray STORM so young. She was born in 1956?

With all due respect, this is not about storm, is about Magneto.

The whole thing about Magneto doesn't click. It doesn't make any sense - he was restored to his physical prime in what amounts to a few years at most in the universe, yet he is now treated as an old man. Or is he the only one who ages in actual real time?

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonlighterstone said:
@nathaniel_christopher said:

@moonlighterstone said:

@moonlighterstone said:

@nathaniel_christopher: www.airlockalpha.com/node/6791

This article was published in 2009....5 years ago and they were already talking about how Ian was too old.

Specifically because it was going to be an ORIGIN's story. Obviously you're not going to have an old man play Magneto during the Holocaust or directly after.

Right, which mean he's gonna have to continued being Gandalf after DOFP. I wouldn't get my hopes up to keep seeing Ian.

The Magneto film that the article was speaking of has long since been scrapped dude. I imagine Ian will stick around as long as he's able to.

Firstly, I'm not a dude, and secondly there's no need to be rude about it. You have your opinions, and that's cool. There's going to be a time when a producer or director are going to admit that it's time to change Magneto. Not everyone agree with you or me. I'm sure eventually it's going to happened whether U or I like it or not. And the reason is cuz he ain't going to be able to stand for long.

I wasn't being rude. I have friends that I call "Dude", chill out. I'll remember not to refer to you in that way in the future if it offends you.

So as I said, I imagine he'll stick around for as long as he's able to.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Moonlighterstone

@moonlighterstone said:

@moonlighterstone said:

@moonlighterstone said:

@nathaniel_christopher: www.airlockalpha.com/node/6791

This article was published in 2009....5 years ago and they were already talking about how Ian was too old.

Specifically because it was going to be an ORIGIN's story. Obviously you're not going to have an old man play Magneto during the Holocaust or directly after.

Right, which mean he's gonna have to continued being Gandalf after DOFP. I wouldn't get my hopes up to keep seeing Ian.

The Magneto film that the article was speaking of has long since been scrapped dude. I imagine Ian will stick around as long as he's able to.

Firstly, I'm not a dude, and secondly there's no need to be rude about it. You have your opinions, and that's cool. There's going to be a time when a producer or director are going to admit that it's time to change Magneto. Not everyone agree with you or me. I'm sure eventually it's going to happened whether U or I like it or not. And the reason is cuz he ain't going to be able to stand for long.

I wasn't being rude. I have friends that I call "Dude", chill out. I'll remember not to refer to you in that way in the future if it offends you.

So as I said, I imagine he'll stick around for as long as he's able to.

I understand, let hope he does, but I have no hopes up. I hope you don't think I don't like Mckellen cuz I luv him as a great performer he is. Sometime we just have to accept the fact no matter how ways we wanted to see it. With this I will say good nite guys and sleep tight.

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

The whole thing about Magneto doesn't click. It doesn't make any sense - he was restored to his physical prime in what amounts to a few years at most in the universe, yet he is now treated as an old man. Or is he the only one who ages in actual real time?

I follow you in this. I wish some artist would quit drawing him so old. Magneto's age pisses me off. And the one from the movie, even worse. Too old and terrible helmet and costume. Did not for a minute instill fear. I want to see the Magneto, that I grew up with, not what people think he should look (despite the backstory of the Holocaust). So that said, not everyone are satisfied with his look from the movie. I believe they should do a reboot since all xm movie are terribly wrong made, considering the timelines are all over the place. The xm films aren't exactly like my sacred comics, they didn't put all the characters I like exactly as they are on paper, pretty much they suck.

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Poze11

Woah this is very angry article lol. I think Mckellan is a great actor, despite his age. I believe he did tremendous in capturing Magneto's personality. Also, Mckellan play Gandalf fantastically. Regrettably that not all people were able to see the true physicality of Magneto in Mckellan. When speaking of Magneto, I portray him of what this thread is about.

Why can they just use that thing they did in last stand? He looked youngish there just find a younger actor for the first part and let him do the rest. Well It depends how far they go. They made Xavier look younger in x3, but didn't need an actor, but if they're doing an origins story for the Mags movie, then this is kind of a no brainer, Of course he's too old.

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By BlackBlade

@poze11: Lol Not bad about the event in x3, which they use some kind of technology to make them look young, but for Magneto? I'm not so sure about his acting skills, but man.....come on there are MUCH better choices out there. This old Magneto that every one swears was the greatest thing, which infact was a disaster. Lol

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poze11: Lol Not bad about the event in x3, which they use some kind of technology to make them look young, but for Magneto? I'm not so sure about his acting skills, but man.....come on there are MUCH better choices out there. This old Magneto that every one swears was the greatest thing, which infact was a disaster. Lol

Lol Mckellan is greal. I love the way he portray in LOTR, but it's true, as a Magneto, I don't have to look at it more then twice to label few things wrong about this portrayal.

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Cutter

@poze11: Mckellen is super great in LOTR. At lease I can say he nailed Gandalf for sure. Awesome Actor.

@blackblade: The only thing that annoys me is the timelines, beside Magneto.

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: I agree. It just doesn't seem right so far. I hope they fix this somehow, maybe a reboot will do. I'm affraid that might won't happen until 2020. Ha

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: Man, I agree. I've waited all my life to see the xml on a big screen, and every xml related movie get worst and worst.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Cutter

@poze11 said:

@blackblade said:

Lol Mckellan is greal. I love the way he portray in LOTR, but it's true, as a Magneto, I don't have to look at it more then twice to label few things wrong about this portrayal.

YOU can label....If they ask me...I can lebel 100 thing wrong with each movie...lol

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: I bet that's no question at all. Ha

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Cutter

I thought you guys might wanted to see this....I thought that was pretty cool...so...I needed to posted.

Now THAT a good tattoo
Now THAT a good tattoo
This is amazing drawing of Mckellen as Gandalf and Magneto.
This is amazing drawing of Mckellen as Gandalf and Magneto.

Hotshotters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonlighterstone said:

@cutter said:

I follow you in this. I wish some artist would quit drawing him so old. Magneto's age pisses me off. And the one from the movie, even worse. Too old and terrible helmet and costume. Did not for a minute instill fear. I want to see the Magneto, that I grew up with, not what people think he should look (despite the backstory of the Holocaust). So that said, not everyone are satisfied with his look from the movie. I believe they should do a reboot since all xm movie are terribly wrong made, considering the timelines are all over the place. The xm films aren't exactly like my sacred comics, they didn't put all the characters I like exactly as they are on paper, pretty much they suck.

@moonlighterstone it doesn't matter matter that he "restored" to his prime dude should be presented as an old man. you can't just have him running around looking like a 20 years old or you lose gravitas. if you just draw him as comic book "old" it is fudgeable to the casual reader.

@blackblade btw dude, is a movie not a comic, so deal with it.

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he's should look old like mckellen. and yes he's good as gandalf and as magneto. so live with it.

NNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Ian Mckellen is AWFUL as Magneto (well not quite), fantastic at Gandalf, AWFUL as Magneto!!!!! Please change some how please please please!

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackblade said:

@moonlighterstone said:

@cutter said:

@moonlighterstone it doesn't matter matter that he "restored" to his prime dude should be presented as an old man. you can't just have him running around looking like a 20 years old or you lose gravitas. if you just draw him as comic book "old" it is fudgeable to the casual reader.

That also confuse the casual reader...because there were times when characters (or Magneto himself) refer to the de-aging...so when people see him looking like he's 80, when he's supposed to be physically in his late 30's...it can cause confusion for the reader as well.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70  Edited By Jphu8414

@cutter: Screw the casuals man! Make it confusing as hell and de-age away! In fact, why not de-age everybody! Add in some more alternate time lines and time traveling stories so any casual who will see the movies will have their heads explode

lol jk

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphu8414 said:

@cutter: Screw the casuals man! Make it confusing as hell and de-age away! In fact, why not de-age everybody! Add in some more alternate time lines and time traveling stories so any casual who will see the movies will have their heads explode

lol jk

LOL

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

@jphu8414 said:

lol jk

LOL

Exploding heads in the theater....awesome

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By adamTRMM
Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Moonlighterstone

@blackblade said:

@moonlighterstone said:

@cutter said:

Then why in the XM movie they cast a dude 100 years old to play Magneto? It's about visual--Magneto during this time is what you call an elder gentle man lol. He's in excellent shape as most super heroes/villains. They cast a guy who can barely walk and looks literally 90 years old! As a fan of a character of Magneto we never saw Magneto looking feeble. He "at these times" considered the most dangerous mutant in the world. His helmet, face hidden, and power are greater than just moving metal...we talking the Master of Magnetism. Even in later years he never look like he needed to be in a nursing home with his prowing shoes. He look like a joke. His roles was not to be an old man a few years away from dying of old age. "these are comic book based movies." Comic book are "visual." Professor X didn't look like he was 200 years old did he?

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hotshotters: How about some basic common sense. There mistake of calculating years is that it's a comic book. It doesn't matter what year it was then and when it took place when you referring to characters in that regard. Everything's wrong from casting to adequate written story (like Wolverine). The movie should be call NOT THE WOLVERINE YOU READ ABOUT AND SOME OTHER MUTANTS. Remember sebertooth from the first x men movie? Then look at sebertooth in the hovering movie lmao need a major reboot, but hey ppl (like you) seem to be just satisfied with garbage on screen and terrible lines.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I had never posted this thread (a lot of misunderstanding)...is the reason why I stood away...because I felt like I was discriminating against old people. Even though my point was clear of what this thread was about.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Daniel Graig would fit the role 100%, he knows how to play a complicated Jew!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdVMT44nWzk

Very powerful scene that reminded me another, a bit similar one.

This I told you so...lol. I agree 150% with this. Wow...very strong scene. I never saw this movie before. I'm glad you posted this...because now people can see my point and what I was suggesting. Thanks for the link.

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: Woah woah my friend. I don't think you did or done anything wrong. You weren't discriminating anyone, because you were right about this, and you were giving Mckellen credits for his excellent job. And I believe everyone one here knows that. There's no reason to be sry. You had your point just like everyone else. You came up with good ideas that prob no one would have dare. And if ppl don't like it, they can go to you know where lol. I'm sure many ppl agree with this I mean come on who wouldn't want to see Magneto more powerful while getting older. Your point my friend was clear. I'll give you that.

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awwwwww. I don't think anyone was discriminating here. It was just a thought. I was also thinking the same thing about Magneto. Though, your point make it clear enough, which the Magneto we saw in the movie was inexplicable. He was the superior of mutant kind and to see the opposite of Magneto was a shame. I do like the idea of Daniel taking his role. He had done complication scene and handle it very well.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Is it just me? Or does "Fass-Kellen" here kinda look like Bryan Cranston?

If you're looking for an alternative to Fassbender and McKellen, maybe thats your answer right there!

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#81  Edited By Erik

@cutter: Would you prefer something like this?

No Caption Provided

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimlim said:

@cutter said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Is it just me? Or does "Fass-Kellen" here kinda look like Bryan Cranston?

If you're looking for an alternative to Fassbender and McKellen, maybe thats your answer right there!

Actually, he does kinda look like Bryan...but can't imagine him as Magneto...lol

@erik said:

No Caption Provided

LOL...yeah....

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Personally I love Ian McKellen as Magneto. But if there was a solo movie, I would want Michael Fassbender.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

If we want an older looking but buffed Magneto why not settle for the guy people want to play Cable: Stephen Lang? That might solve the problem of those hung up on the age thing vs. the fragile old man thing. Then i guess we have to let Bruce Willis play Cable lol

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I love Ian McKellen as Magneto. But if there was a solo movie, I would want Michael Fassbender.

I agree....

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is Mckellen....cool pic

No Caption Provided

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

No Caption Provided

This is hilarious. I rather that then THIS LOL.

No Caption Provided

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Damn LOL

That Mckellen pic look good btw.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

I would prefer for Fassbender to take on the role as McKellen gets too old

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

LMAO...tell me about it....

I would prefer for Fassbender to take on the role as McKellen gets too old

I agree with you...I think there wont be a replacement for Fassbender. I believe he's the perfect one. :)

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Lightblaze
No Caption Provided

Lol

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Cutter

No Caption Provided

Lol

Lol...I'm sure playing the role of Ron Paul will be perfect for him as well. They do look like a lot.

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

@lightblaze said:
No Caption Provided

Lol

Lol...I'm sure playing the role of Ron Paul will be perfect for him as well. They do look like a lot.

Lol Yes they do look a lot. There's rumors about making a film (not quite sure) of Ron Paul and Mckellen might be the main character for his role. Though, he's a Republican and to me he seems to stand more as a Democrat. He had a lot of good plans while fighting for presidency. I don't know why he didn't cast many votes. Maybe that's what the movie is about.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Cutter

@cutter said:

@lightblaze said:
No Caption Provided

Lol

Lol Yes they do look a lot. There's rumors about making a film (not quite sure) of Ron Paul and Mckellen might be the main character for his role. Though, he's a Republican and to me he seems to stand more as a Democrat. He had a lot of good plans while fighting for presidency. I don't know why he didn't cast many votes. Maybe that's what the movie is about.

That's good...I'm sure Mckellen will be the perfect one...because he's an excellent actor (very professional).

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought you guys should see this...some cool tattoos of Magneto.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Starr

My choice for Magneto would have been Terence Stamp (Zod from Superman 2, Chancellor Valorum in The Phantom Menace).

No Caption Provided

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By PurePower

@starr said:

My choice for Magneto would have been Terence Stamp (Zod from Superman 2, Chancellor Valorum in The Phantom Menace).

No Caption Provided

[I remember this thread]

Now that is perfect casting. Magneto isn't some shriveled up old man.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Starr

@starr said:

No Caption Provided

[I remember this thread]

Now that is perfect casting. Magneto isn't some shriveled up old man.

I'm sry. I didn't see this. Saw numbers on my red flag and just find out that are my notifications. I'm taking my time to learn about this site.

Thank you. I thought he was perfect.

Snurks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have agreed if it was any other old guy, but it's Ian McKellen, who is great, so it works.

Fabulosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Fabulosity

Seriously yes. Too old, too frail.

Magneto in the comics is younger and muscular-fit and more fabulous lol.