Time For A Younger Magneto?

• 125 results
Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Have you guys ever thought that maybe it's time for Ian Mckellen to step off and let someone else take Magneto's place? Oh I have...since he first came out in the X-Men film.

Regardless Magneto's age (in the eyes for many fans girls), writers and artists, portrayed him as a hunk, muscular, good looking (old) man...well...in the more current comics he is. Whereas in the movie, he's been portrayed to a completely different character...of him as an really old, crunchy, ugly, skinny man, and with no body type at all.

Don't get me wrong...I like Mckellen, but they went pushing it with his advanced age in the first movie. if they did a solo film now....I'd spend the whole two hours worried that he was gonna fall and break a hip. Honestly though...personally, I don't even think they should go there. I don't think they should be a Magneto origins movie at all. He is too old for origin movie. He can be in a few scene as a reference or something along those lines. Other than that, get someone younger. But talking from the comic and the Original X-Men cartoon, he was way more physical, had muscle, long hair and all.

I always thought Mckellen looked too damn old, but he captured Magneto's presence...that's for sure. Ian did a good job and he's an awesome actor, but I think he could have butched it a little more. I believe he will be magnificent as Gadalf, but as Magneto? Uummm not quite sure...he doesn't seem to fit in well. Maybe it was just me, but I thought Mckellen looked really silly in that scene in X3...where he was walking down the road and hang waving all those trucks out of the way. Ian seems like a legal sort of guy, and the slight movements to control his power, seemed to have much more impact. Like the escape scene in X2. I mean...really...which of those two scenes were better? He's a great actor nonetheless, but physically inadequate!

So...it is really confusing to portrayed Max as an REALLY old man in the movie (despite he is)...than what we're seeing him portraying in the comics, which is completely the opposite from Max.

I gathered some pics so we can compare of what Max should (or not) look like.

It this is actually the Magneto we've been seeing in the movie?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It this is how we've been seeing Magneto in all comics?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Or should we rather see Magneto a little more physically stronger and muscular...in the next movie... portraying the way he looks in comics. I thought Daniel Craig would be perfect...playing Magneto.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is how he would look like...even though he's much older now, but I think that the point. Someone older, but stronger, muscular...that can be able do more physical action...than just standing. Does anyone agree?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HAWK2916

Thats not a bad assessment. And the new choice is badass seriously. I guess if they did a solo film though it would be Micheal Fassbender from 1st class cast as Magneto.

So are you saying that Mr.Bond lol Daniel Craig should play the older version of Magneto while Fassbender plays the younger or are just replacing all with Craig?

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Thats not a bad assessment. And the new choice is badass seriously. I guess if they did a solo film though it would be Micheal Fassbender from 1st class cast as Magneto.

So are you saying that Mr.Bond lol Daniel Craig should play the older version of Magneto while Fassbender plays the younger or are just replacing all with Craig?

My point here was...replacing Ian with Daniel as an old Magneto. Yes...I thought Mr Bond was the perfect one (lol) to play the old Magneto of course...not the young Magneto. Though Daniel is getting much older and by the time they can come up with the Magneto Origin movie...I thought he would be the perfect one. That way...you have the young Magneto (Michael) and the old Magneto (Daniel), but still strong looking instead. It was just an opinion. lol

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I actually think its a great idea.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto is a survivor of the Holocaust, most of those people are in their 80's and 90's, so I don't see what the problem is......

Also, the current Magneto and the one they are continuing with is portrayed by Michael Fassbender, who is in his 30s, so agian, I don't see what the problem is.

All characters look muscular and strong in the comics, even when their characterization doesn't call for it, it's more or less the way comic artists draw anatomy. Magneto appears the way he does because he was de-aged to infancy and then aged to a younger man.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing is, I don't think Ian's Magneto NEEDED to be ripped. Watching him in the first movie, it sort of set the tone for the character as someone you believe isn't willing to change his mind because he's old enough to have seen some things and be stuck in his ways.

If he was cast younger and it was somehow explained , the actor would have had to try harder to come off as the sorta "old warrior" that doesn't need to get physical in the same way Ian did. Its sort of the reason I didn't like the first class Magneto, because by the end he seems more like a super villain then a man who is fed up and willing to do anything.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto is a survivor of the Holocaust, most of those people are in their 80's and 90's, so I don't see what the problem is......

Also, the current Magneto and the one they are continuing with is portrayed by Michael Fassbender, who is in his 30s, so agian, I don't see what the problem is.

All characters look muscular and strong in the comics, even when their characterization doesn't call for it, it's more or less the way comic artists draw anatomy. Magneto appears the way he does because he was de-aged to infancy and then aged to a younger man.

Maybe if you were to read read again...you will know what I was suggesting about the old Magneto. Then you will see the problem. Although,this does not have nothing to do with the young Magneto...obviously we have the perfect one. But the OLD Magneto is what I was concerned about. Yes...he was a survivor of the Holocaust, and most of those people were in their 80's and 90's. But it's not how he portrayed in the comics.

Magneto is old yes, but there's no specifically of how old. You Know? If we all get to know those characters ages...all of the X-Men would be old. Scotty started the X-men back in 1963? Then that's say that he's around 70's. I've never understood why it's o.k for Cyclops to be born around 1947 (as an example) and still be considered in his twenties, but Magneto was born around 1930, and he can't be considered to be in his forties. When you consider the fact that Cyclops has been in his mid-20's for over 40 years in the comics and that hasn't bother anyone.

I really don't like the concept of the X-men that some of them has to be that old and very young. I mean come on...Prof x and Magneto doesn't look that old in the comic. That was my point...I don't think Mckellen was even close to Magneto in the comic. Ian was more like this machiavellian old man. I don't think he has the "presence" the magesty of Magnus.. Magneto is like this warlord with a intelligence and you bet your a^^ that stamp has that. Mckellen look more like Mastermind. I think he'd be perfect.

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But I like Old-Ass Magneto.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lykopis

If we were to break down the huge differences of how characters are portrayed in the movies and those in comics, it would be a pretty exhaustive list.

I found Mr. McKelland to be a perfect Magneto, providing a gravitas to the role which wouldn't have been there with a younger, muscled actor to play the part. What was important, was to be matched up well with Professor Xavier of which he was, alongside Patrick Stewart.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle

@cutter said:

Magneto is old yes, but there's no specifically of how old. You Know? If we all get to know those characters ages...all of the X-Men would be old. Scotty started the X-men back in 1963? Then that's say that he's around 70's. I've never understood why it's o.k for Cyclops to be born around 1947 (as an example) and still be considered in his twenties, but Magneto was born around 1930, and he can't be considered to be in his forties. When you consider the fact that Cyclops has been in his mid-20's for over 40 years in the comics and that hasn't bother anyone.

Characters age differently in comics than in real life.

@cutter said:

I really don't like the concept of the X-men that some of them has to be that old and very young. I mean come on...Prof x and Magneto doesn't look that old in the comic. That was my point...I don't think Mckellen was even close to Magneto in the comic. Ian was more like this machiavellian old man. I don't think he has the "presence" the magesty of Magnus.. Magneto is like this warlord with a intelligence and you bet your a^^ that stamp has that. Mckellen look more like Mastermind. I think he'd be perfect.

Magneto has been portrayed in all kinds of different lights. I think most fans find Ian McKellen gives a great performance. He is menacing to his enemies, but he can be kind to his allies or potential allies, he is cunning and powerful. I think McKellan does the character justice.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By adamTRMM

I don't know, I guess I am the only one who felt like Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen weren't the perfect fit? Anyway, I don't know if it is the right thing to replace an older Mags, I prefer Fassbender to take the role completely. I do understand using an older actor for the older Magneto, but now why bother? They could explain he remains young by absorbing magnetic fields or something similar.

Oh, and Daniel Craig is an absolutely interesting idea actually, never though about this and it does feel he could be a very good match for the character.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No way. I mean, Fassbender is great, but I don't want "Joseph", I want the battle-scarred vet.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cutter

@cutter said:

Characters age differently in comics than in real life.

@cutter said:

Magneto has been portrayed in all kinds of different lights. I think most fans find Ian McKellen gives a great performance. He is menacing to his enemies, but he can be kind to his allies or potential allies, he is cunning and powerful. I think McKellan does the character justice.

That was my whole point...the characters in comic don't age the same as real life. Otherwise, all the X-Men would be old. So why does Magneto has to look so old...when he doesn't look that old in the comics himself.

I never said Ian Mckellen was a bad actor. He capture Magneto's personality perfectly. All I was saying he didn't capture his physicality, like younger actor would.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg: LOL...

@adamtrmm: That's what I was suggesting...a little bit of make-up...and he can represent old...lol.

@lykopis: Patrick Stewart was perfect to be Prof X...the fact was that Patrick doesn't represent the age...like Mckellen does.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cattlebattle

@cutter said:

That was my whole point...the characters in comic don't age the same as real life. Otherwise, all the X-Men would be old. So why does Magneto has to look so old...when he doesn't look that old in the comics himself.

He is not old in the comics because he was de aged.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

He is not old in the comics because he was de aged.

Yes...I agree...maybe they should've done that in the film as well.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another thread of the badass? Niiice. THIS I completely agree with you. Though, I love Ian very much. I thought he was pretty cool as Erik, but not menacing enough. Not very muscular and too old. Great point, I want to see a lot more PHYSICAL action from the old Magneto, not just a lot of standing and sitting around or pointing his hands at stuff levitating it. He should look strong, just find someone else a little younger. You can do grey hair easy, so they can find someone badd-ass enough. And thinking about it, Daniel would probably be the best one for his role. Daniel is a very good looking man and that's how Magneto should be for his age as an old man, absolutely. Bravo.

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man. I have. Despite that he nailed his personality, though, there were more missing. I think Mckellen had him spot on from a character POV, but in my eyes physically he wasn't' imposing enough. Magneto should hover in through a window, arm crossed, and chest out. Mckellen couldn't do that. He did kind a look a bit a daft old man in a superhero suit at a times. Which was shame because like I say, he nailed the character.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

The movies are more practical and "realistic" therefore, it would be kind of weird if some space entity just turned him into an infant.

Besides, Magneto doesn't really do anything physical ever, he doesn't really need to be some muscular dude.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

The movies are more practical and "realistic" therefore, it would be kind of weird if some space entity just turned him into an infant.

Besides, Magneto doesn't really do anything physical ever, he doesn't really need to be some muscular dude.

He was so fukg funny in extras.

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cutter

@cutter said:

Let me explain this for the last time. As far as I realized, Magneto, was one of the worst casting decision in history. Magneto is a BIG man, powerful, and chiseled of stone...coming across much younger than Mckellen in the comics. Whereas Mckellen is much older sort of frail looking and very small. I believe the only thing that Ian and Magneto have in common...is that they both older than 40. But...that's about it. But having said that...I didn't hear anyone complain about the Magneto that Mckellen brought to life. Mckellen was a magnificent playing Magneto personality...not because he look like Magneto (because he didn't even SLIGHTLY look like him), but rather because Mckellen's talent...as an actor...brought the character to life. We (as the audience) very quickly forgot that Magneto and Mckellen...look nothing alike. That said...worrying about the ages of actors and shifting timelines for the movie is actually kind of pointless...(again) when you consider the fact that Cyclops been in his mid-20's for over 40 years in the comics. Why should it be different for the movie timelines?

Now...if you still don't see problem here...than I'm sorry...because there is no other way to explain it to you.

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: This is so true. Sadly Magneto wasn't that old in the comics. Wherefore "we" as girls, look at him as a good old looking man in comics. Just like Sylvester Stallone, which he's about almost 70? And for his age, he looks extremely good and in perfect shape. I believe someone like him should be playing Magneto. Daniel Craig, do look good for his role as well. I agree, Mckellen is too old for an origins movie and too old for a current movie as well! We need a younger, more threatening Magneto, despite what a good actor Mckellen is.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cattlebattle

@cutter said:

Let me explain this for the last time. As far as I realized, Magneto, was one of the worst casting decision in history. Magneto is a BIG man, powerful, and chiseled of stone...coming across much younger than Mckellen in the comics. Whereas Mckellen is much older sort of frail looking and very small. I believe the only thing that Ian and Magneto have in common...is that they both older than 40. But...that's about it. But having said that...I didn't hear anyone complain about the Magneto that Mckellen brought to life. Mckellen was a magnificent playing Magneto personality...not because he look like Magneto (because he didn't even SLIGHTLY look like him), but rather because Mckellen's talent...as an actor...brought the character to life. We (as the audience) very quickly forgot that Magneto and Mckellen...look nothing alike. That said...worrying about the ages of actors and shifting timelines for the movie is actually kind of pointless...(again) when you consider the fact that Cyclops been in his mid-20's for over 40 years in the comics. Why should it be different for the movie timelines?

Now...if you still don't see problem here...than I'm sorry...because there is no other way to explain it to you.

I understand what you are saying. I am just saying its asinine. The characters age slower in the comics but during the 60s-90s the X-Men aged significantly, therefore, if Magneto had not been de aged, he would have started to appear as an old man. Seeing as its standard for all comic super heroes and villains to appear muscular, they de aged him.

Character like Cyclops have aged at least 15-20 years since they debuted, Magneto was supposedly in his 40s when debuted, he would be in his 60s in the comics if they had not de aged him. Ian McKellan was ...surprise, in his 60s when he first played the role.

Do you understand what I am saying to YOU????

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cutter

@cutter said:

I understand what you are saying. I am just saying its asinine. The characters age slower in the comics but during the 60s-90s the X-Men aged significantly, therefore, if Magneto had not been de aged, he would have started to appear as an old man. Seeing as its standard for all comic super heroes and villains to appear muscular, they de aged him.

Character like Cyclops have aged at least 15-20 years since they debuted, Magneto was supposedly in his 40s when debuted, he would be in his 60s in the comics if they had not de aged him. Ian McKellan was ...surprise, in his 60s when he first played the role.

Do you understand what I am saying to YOU????

In the comics, all mutants (according to Chris Claremont) are more DURABLE than standard humans...no matter what their power are (or how old). They are strong and have greater stamina. Perhaps that slows down the aging process?

That's a very good point, but at the same time, these X-films haven't really been following any kind of timelines, lol, if so, then Gambit is in his mid 40 when he finally join the X-Men.

I think they did pretty well considering. What else should they have done? Have his origin take place in Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge? lol....

Hotshotters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mckellen was awesome, one of the most enjoyable and well cast villain ever. unless were talking about new/young guy in the prequel movie (good movie but did not enjoy that max). i thought fassbender did a good job playing magneto, but he is still no ian mckellen. to me he is still the definitive magneto and always will be. no one can take his place for the origins, no way. what make you think daniel can do best than ian.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mckellen was awesome, one of the most enjoyable and well cast villain ever. unless were talking about new/young guy in the prequel movie (good movie but did not enjoy that max). i thought fassbender did a good job playing magneto, but he is still no ian mckellen. to me he is still the definitive magneto and always will be. no one can take his place for the origins, no way. what make you think daniel can do best than ian.

What make you think he can't? Anyways, don't get me wrong...I like Mckellen, he's awesome, but he's better as Gandalf. Fassbender is an amazing Magneto...but NOBODY could do Gandalf like Mckellen..oh I'll give him that.

Hotshotters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he's should look old like mckellen. and yes he's good as gandalf and as magneto. so live with it.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he's should look old like mckellen. and yes he's good as gandalf and as magneto. so live with it.

Not for me. I always thought Mckellen (although he did a fantastic job), was too old for Magneto and too scrawny

Hotshotters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: I agree with you in some point but not all, but this bothering me. magneto got de-aged in the sense that he was a baby again at one point and then physically grew older at an accelerated rate. thats why he's an old dude. lol

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: I agree with you in some point but not all, but this bothering me. magneto got de-aged in the sense that he was a baby again at one point and then physically grew older at an accelerated rate. thats why he's an old dude. lol

Well...I prefer magneto as a mature "dude" like early 40's. And I think is stupid as hell to depict him as an 80+ year old. It defeat the purpose of de-aging him in the first damn place. There's a reason why most of the X-men enemies...have powers to delay their aging. It's an action oriented medium. Magneto looking younger, with an explanation, shouldn't bother you at all. It's inconsequential...much like Emma Frost suddenly being the same age as the Original 5 students.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

In the comics, all mutants (according to Chris Claremont) are more DURABLE than standard humans...no matter what their power are (or how old). They are strong and have greater stamina. Perhaps that slows down the aging process?

That's a very good point, but at the same time, these X-films haven't really been following any kind of timelines, lol, if so, then Gambit is in his mid 40 when he finally join the X-Men.

I think they did pretty well considering. What else should they have done? Have his origin take place in Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge? lol....

The X-Men films do have a timeline, just not one that we know of. There is no indication that Gambit joins the X-men in the film universe, so we couldn't really go by that. If you consider Magneto was a victim of the Holocaust, and is currently in his 70s, then yes, they do essentially have a timeline.

They could just made up a fictional country. DC comics does that stuff all the time. I think the Ultimate Universe version of Magneto didn't really specify where he came from or what his history was either. They could just make up a country and say that there was genocides there and Magneto escaped. It's also worth noting it was never clarified that Magneto was actually a Jew until the past couple of years, Claremont always said in interviews that he was just to have some sort of unspecified gypsy-Israelien origin.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By Deranged Midget
Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattleThe ONLY point that I am trying to make is that Magneto should LOOK like Magneto....strong, powerful, menacing. Old, yes, but in an "aged well" kind of way....McKellen is only 2 years older than Patrick Stewart, yet he looks FAR older. I have given McKellen props over and over again for the job of ACTING that he did...it was superb, amazing.....but that doesn't change the way he LOOKS. His great acting talent can't grow him muscles..lol

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: For some reason the last statement I wrote didn't come out.

I said....despite our disagreement earlier....what do you think about this....a mix of Fassbender/McKellen and Stewart/McAvoy.

isn't this cool? I thought it was.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The had this very seasoned old actor to play Magneto, and the character he was playing was in fact a Nazi death camp survivor. So my question is "huh"?

I really can't believe how many people are excited they are back. I think Mckellen is a great actor, but I don't like him as Magneto. And why can't they focus on another antagonist?

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Moonlighterstone

@cutter: This is so true. Sadly Magneto wasn't that old in the comics. Wherefore "we" as girls, look at him as a good old looking man in comics. Just like Sylvester Stallone, which he's about almost 70? And for his age, he looks extremely good and in perfect shape. I believe someone like him should be playing Magneto. Daniel Craig, do look good for his role as well. I agree, Mckellen is too old for an origins movie and too old for a current movie as well! We need a younger, more threatening Magneto, despite what a good actor Mckellen is.

And this I agree very much.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hotshotters said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The had this very seasoned old actor to play Magneto, and the character he was playing was in fact a Nazi death camp survivor. So my question is "huh"?

I really can't believe how many people are excited they are back. I think Mckellen is a great actor, but I don't like him as Magneto. And why can't they focus on another antagonist?

Lol.......

@lightblaze said:

And this I agree very much.

I also agree with this as well......

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: Not to worry my dear, Magneto has the healing power of magnets on his side. He'll be 27 again in time. lol

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto only appears as muscular as he does in the comics because he was de-aged (And even then the artists are probably giving him a bit more than would be possible.)

That being said I thought McKellen did an excellent job, and have no problem with him continuing the role as long as they'll have him. Really, there's no need for him to look ripped anyways, regardless of how he's portrayed in the comic.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto only appears as muscular as he does in the comics because he was de-aged (And even then the artists are probably giving him a bit more than would be possible.)

That being said I thought McKellen did an excellent job, and have no problem with him continuing the role as long as they'll have him. Really, there's no need for him to look ripped anyways, regardless of how he's portrayed in the comic.

The thing is Magneto isn't "the same age" he's just incredibly physically fit due to ultimate mutant interference and successive alien thinker. He's still the same age as always, he's just physically healthier.

As I mentioned before, Mckellen IS an excellent actor, no doubt. They just pick the one which he's way too old for continuity. Which is sad cuz I don't think we gonna really see him for the next xm film, according to Lauren Donna.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher said:

The thing is Magneto isn't "the same age" he's just incredibly physically fit due to ultimate mutant interference and successive alien thinker. He's still the same age as always, he's just physically healthier.

As I mentioned before, Mckellen IS an excellent actor, no doubt. They just pick the one which he's way too old for continuity. Which is sad cuz I don't think we gonna really see him for the next xm film, according to Lauren Donna.

I disagree, realistically speaking an older person works better as Magneto, with the whole Holocaust thing. The explanation of him appearing younger due to being de-aged wouldn't go over well in a live action movie. An older person is part of what's expected and add credibility to the role.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: www.airlockalpha.com/node/6791

This article was published in 2009....5 years ago and they were already talking about how Ian was too old.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn...5 years ago (thanks for the link) and they were already saying how old he was? Sadly he's going to be missed...and that was my whole point through this thread....they went pushing it with his advanced age in the first movie.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This article was published in 2009....5 years ago and they were already talking about how Ian was too old.

Specifically because it was going to be an ORIGIN's story. Obviously you're not going to have an old man play Magneto during the Holocaust or directly after.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonlighterstone said:

Specifically because it was going to be an ORIGIN's story. Obviously you're not going to have an old man play Magneto during the Holocaust or directly after.

Right, which mean he's gonna have to continued being Gandalf after DOFP. I wouldn't get my hopes up to keep seeing Ian.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonlighterstone said:

@moonlighterstone said:

Right, which mean he's gonna have to continued being Gandalf after DOFP. I wouldn't get my hopes up to keep seeing Ian.

The Magneto film that the article was speaking of has long since been scrapped dude. I imagine Ian will stick around as long as he's able to. Only way he probably won't appear again is if they stick to the younger timeline from here on out.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonlighterstone said:

@moonlighterstone said:

The Magneto film that the article was speaking of has long since been scrapped dude. I imagine Ian will stick around as long as he's able to.

Firstly, I'm not a dude, and secondly there's no need to be rude about it. You have your opinions, and that's cool. There's going to be a time when a producer or director are going to admit that it's time to change Magneto. Not everyone agree with you or me. I'm sure eventually it's going to happened whether U or I like it or not. And the reason is cuz he ain't going to be able to stand for long.