Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Veitha

Wolverine and the X-Men #5

I'm not interested at all in this title. Art is good(even if I don't like the colors) but the plot is weak and I hate all the Phoenix stuff.

X-Men #15

We're near to the end of this run. i gotta say that with or without Wood's X-Men my life would have remained the same lol. I feel like he was greatly compromised by "higher" editorial plans and by other writers(Remender and Bendis specifically) but he just didn't do what he could have done with all of these great characters.

Uncanny X-Men #22

The main title I'm waiting for this week. I want to see how Dazzler will react and if she will go and try to kill Mystique. Bendis is living on cliffhangers and I gotta say it works, at least for me. Cliffhangers and the hopes for a better Emma Frost lol.

What do you guys think about this week's X-Titles? And what other Marvel or DC titles you're looking forward to read this week? I cannot wait to read Elektra #3

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

I feel like we share the same mind sometimes @veitha. I honestly don't understand why they re-started the count for Wolverine and the X-Men when its basically revolving around the same characters as it was in the last volume... Plus the Phoenix garbage is getting annoying. I really want the writers to write about something else... And as much as I like QQ character they're really ruining him with all these emotions and feelings. And whats with Hellion going all crazy on Rockslide, its very out of character - especially how Wood was writing him in the recent X-Men issues.

Speaking of Wood, I was expecting a much better run from him, I definitely agree that he's had some restraints that's why his run hasn't been amazing. But what can you do, the X-Books have been "meh" as of late, but I am enjoying Uncanny X-Men, more or less because of the anticipation. The book is dragging out a lot which is annoying at times but it's been an okay run. Big hopes for a better Emma though, lol.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I feel like we share the same mind sometimes @veitha. I honestly don't understand why they re-started the count for Wolverine and the X-Men when its basically revolving around the same characters as it was in the last volume... Plus the Phoenix garbage is getting annoying. I really want the writers to write about something else... And as much as I like QQ character they're really ruining him with all these emotions and feelings.

eh, Quire's always been emotional. I agree that the Phoenix plot device is just worn out, but I'm really enjoying the book on virtually every other level. I'm really glad they restarted this book, because this volume is one I'm really enjoying, while the last one I wouldn't recommend. It may be a lot o the same characters, but it's already a much better run than the last.

Uncanny X-Men's the book I'm looking forward to the most in this next batch, but I really am looking forward to all 3.

Maybe it's because it feels like Wood's finally got a chance to get back to the story he established in the first 4 issue arc, both with Storm's issues with leadership and the origins of Jubilee's mysterious baby, but issues 13 and 14 have been pretty good. Bloodline might be the most intriguing story in this book so far.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm looking forward to WatX the most and will also continue with X-Men. Uncanny will only make the list if the JGS still appears in a relevant way like last issue.

IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it's because it feels like Wood's finally got a chance to get back to the story he established in the first 4 issue arc, both with Storm's issues with leadership and the origins of Jubilee's mysterious baby, but issues 13 and 14 have been pretty good. Bloodline might be the most intriguing story in this book so far.

I am not looking forward to reading about Jubilee's mysterious baby! I'm not really enjoying it! I don't know why... I think I just don't like the fact that they're circulating main events around babies... First Hope now Shogo (sp). I don't know I think my favourite part about the X-Men books are definitely the scenes with the students, especially Hellion/Mercury.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why did they replace phil briones?! i loved his art in the previous x-men issues

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Koays  Online

Eh I don't mind the Phoenix in this instance because it's just as much a Apocalypse, Aksani and Quires maturity story.

Though I do feel they should pick a Phoenix (jean, hope, quire) and only bring it up in their story lines so it won't be everywhere

Uncanny would have to be absolutely horrible to disappoint me this week so I'm calling it the early winner. But X-men is probably the first one ill read.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Veitha

@illyanarasputin@oldnightcrawler I started to dislike Quire as soon as Morrison stopped to write him lol

He created a character that became completely different as soon as others started to write him, and sinceerely I canno t stand him actually.

As for Wood, well I hope that he'll do better in this last run and Matteo Buffagni is a good artist(and Italian, so he's earned points for me lool) and I hope that he will solve some stuff before leaving(such as Storm's leadership and Shogo... for the next run I'd love to see Storm leaving the team to someone else since she already appears in many comics and will leave space to other less known characters).

Oh, and btw have you guys seen what Bendis plans to do with Miles Morales?

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I really like All New X-Men(Been championing how dope a book it is for a while), but I'm also really likewise extremely ambivalent towards Miles Morales.

IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha: I saw... I can't really take this seriously.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08@illyanarasputin apparently they'll travel to Earth 1610. They've gone to space, to other dimensions but they just can't go back in time.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wolverine008

@veitha: Well, that at least makes it a little better.

IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@veitha: That doesn't make sense to me! Since they time travelled they created another time line so their previous time line is just a new time line that they technically should be able to go back to... At least the present timeline of their previous timeline... I hate time travel.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@illyanarasputin it's just Bendis who doesn't know how the Marvel Universe works, I stopped making questions since there's no real answer to this