#1 Posted by Veitha (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, this week a lot of X-titles came out! I've just read Uncanny X-Men and All-New X-Men and I'm going to read X-Men very soon.

As for Bendis' title, I've found the last issues of both Uncanny X-Men and All New X-Men very, very good, maybe some of the best issues we've had until now.

Uncanny X-Men had an epic conclusion of the last arc in Limbo, and I found very interesting the way Bendis wrote both Illyana and Doctor Strange. And the Stepford Cukoos aren't acting just like a telepathic radio to make everyone communicate, they're talking and they're having a central role, and I like this. I also like the fact that Emma is definitely THE teach of the team, being able to let the other students controll their powers using only her skills without her powers. And we finally see how Scott is slowly understanding that maybe his dreams aren't so easy to realize.

All New X-Men had some of the best dialogues ever lol Bendis can write Ice-Man very well, damn!

All the "Tony Stark is Iron-Man?" and "Pepperoni" stuff made me laugh out loud, and I love the way Mystique is becoming more and more evil and clever, she is finally the X-Villain she deserved to be. The same can be said for Lady Mastermind, she wants revenge on Jean and I want to see how Jeannie will react to this. But the best fact about this issue is Kitty's point of view of Havok's speech in Uncanny Avengers. I didn't like that speech, and it seems like Kitty didn't like it too much, too, and she her speech written by Bendis is definitely better than Havok's speech written by Remender.

The art for both the titles was absolutely great. Irving draws the ultimate Magik, and Immonen is good as always.

I'm going to read X-Men soon and tell you guys what I think about it....

What are your thought about this weeks titles?

#2 Posted by CTG (228 posts) - - Show Bio

Bit of a nitpick, but I don't think one can say either speech was "better". They were both well written, it's just some will disagree with one and some w/ the other.

Anyhoo, both UXM and ANXM were amazing this week. I have to re-read both, but thoroughly enjoyed my initial read.

W/ all the result of AoU, it's nice to see Bendis even pushing the stress on the space-time continuum w/ Magik going back in time to consult w/ Dr. Strange.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Goldballs head to the JGS after their Hellfire Club arc. I've said from the start he seemed more like a character that came from Aaron's mind rather than Bendis'.

#3 Posted by UltimateJonathan (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh

#4 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7261 posts) - - Show Bio

Wood killed it with Ultimate Comics and adjectiveless X-Men. Best titles of the week.

#5 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4248 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought X-men #2 was great, and I thought All-new X-men #13 was probably the best, most fun issue of the series so far.

I haven't read the new issue of Uncanny X-men yet, but I think this was a decent week for X-men. It probably didn't hurt that I just got around to reading Astonishing X-men #62 and 63, that book's really starting to interest me again.

#6 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

ANXM bored the hell out me. The only part I liked was Kitty's speech, it was great, since I thought that Alex's stance sucked from the beginning.

Aside from that, I just can't believe the Phoenix is back so soon...

UXM on the other side was awesome (minus the art), and I just hope Magik's won't stay away for long...

#7 Posted by akbogert (3193 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be posting my full thoughts on these issues sometime soon (hopefully tomorrow? I've a lot to do still) but I must say I absolutely adored this week's releases (and how cool was it to get them all in one day?).

Pretty much all of the second issue of X-Men was great (and the baby had a Totoro doll, which is pretty much the best thing).

But moment of the week hands-down is Kitty's speech. No contest.

#8 Posted by Mercy_ (92476 posts) - - Show Bio

Adjectiveless was amazing. It feels a bit like the height of Carey's X-Men run and oh man, I missed that era.

The art in Uncanny......holy hell.

Oh and Kitty? Perfection.

#9 Edited by Avenger85 (1602 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHAHAHA I called it. Phoenix is back. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#10 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Or it could be a part of Lady Mastermind's illusion to cause Logan to go in for the mercy kill.

#11 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, man. Uncanny and All New were so great. Why the way bendis writes makes Claremon....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

#12 Posted by Veitha (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenger85 said:

Or it could be a part of Lady Mastermind's illusion to cause Logan to go in for the mercy kill.

This. I think that it's just an illusion.

UXM on the other side was awesome (minus the art), and I just hope Magik's won't stay away for long...

I liked the art, it was strange but I liked it. And Magik is in the preview of next issue, so she'll be back soon. Hopefully more powerful

#13 Edited by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, instead of a snide comment I actually have a bone to pick with All new X-men. I realize this is a loaded question, but Bendis realizes Kitty has a known history of dropping racial slurs on more than one occasion yes? Do you think the black guy and spanish dude have given speeches about how a teenage Kitty Pryde said one of the most hurtful things they've ever heard? Didn't she slam a Islamic dude a few years ago as well?

Horrible speech, Kitty.

#14 Posted by time (4845 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men was good, love the artwork and Cover.

All New X-Men was ok

Uncanny X-Men kind of bored me. Looking forward to next issue. Magneto vs Cyclops. Should be fun.

#15 Posted by Veitha (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

I've just read X-Men #2... I liked it a lot, but being honest I didn't find it as good as I expected. And the entire Omega Sentinel stuff reminds me of when Danger took controll of the mansion lol

#16 Edited by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@ctg:

did magik get a new power because now it looks like she can time travel

#17 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4248 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, instead of a snide comment I actually have a bone to pick with All new X-men. I realize this is a loaded question, but Bendis realizes Kitty has a known history of dropping racial slurs on more than one occasion yes? Do you think the black guy and spanish dude have given speeches about how a teenage Kitty Pryde said one of the most hurtful things they've ever heard? Didn't she slam a Islamic dude a few years ago as well?

The only time I've ever heard Kitty use racial slurs was in response to other characters using the term "mutie" or "mutant" in a derogatory manner, to point out that it's the same thing. You're making it sound as if you think Kitty herself is a racist.

#18 Edited by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: The only things I remember is the God Loves Man Kills and an issue of uncanny. All of which were written by claremont in the 80's, when making social commentary was more honest and less PC song and dance. I didn't like hearing the words but she speaks from the heart with impact when she uses them. However her speech is just more nostalgia feeding off itself from the GN. Symbolic circles are great but you need to use them only once to show the length of a story or the short term growth of a character.

#19 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@ctg:

did magik get a new power because now it looks like she can time travel

IIRC she could always do it.

#20 Posted by UltimateJonathan (107 posts) - - Show Bio

All New X-men continues to put me to sleep.

#21 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4248 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: The only things I remember is the God Loves Man Kills and an issue of uncanny. All of which were written by claremont in the 80's, when making social commentary was more honest and less PC song and dance. I didn't like hearing the words but she speaks from the heart with impact when she uses them. However her speech is just more nostalgia feeding off itself from the GN. Symbolic circles are great but you need to use them only once to show the length of a story or the short term growth of a character.

I don't understand what you mean by this last bit.

#22 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: Meaning I feel that the Kitty speech is partly inspired by her famous Stevie Hunter rant. Nostalgia, get it?

#23 Edited by Ultra_beleco (184 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked professor Kitty's speech. The only problem for me is the need to repeat Alex's speech complety.

That was so unnecessary. I'm not saying that is the case but sometimes it look's like Marvel wants to put down on our throats the "uncanny avenegers" comic. It is getting annoying.

#24 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

Wood killed it with Ultimate Comics and adjectiveless X-Men. Best titles of the week.

THIS!

#25 Edited by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry said:

The only time I've ever heard Kitty use racial slurs was in response to other characters using the term "mutie" or "mutant" in a derogatory manner, to point out that it's the same thing. You're making it sound as if you think Kitty herself is a racist.

No, what I'm saying is spiking someone with a racial slur in response to be called something isn't exactly a cool thing to do. I hate Kitty Pryde on her high horse. Hate it so much!

#26 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4248 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

@rickbarry said:

No, what I'm saying is spiking someone with a racial slur in response to be called something isn't exactly a cool thing to do. I hate Kitty Pryde on her high horse. Hate it so much!

sure, but her point is that being called a mutie (or using the term mutant as a derogatory) is essentially the same as being called a racial slur is still a valid point that ads context to the language of the story. I don't understand what there is to hate about that.

#27 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7261 posts) - - Show Bio