this comic book series is good?

rodrigomonsalv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rodrigomonsalv

im buying it weekly because in my country just come, it is good?

No Caption Provided

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What?

rodrigomonsalv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rodrigomonsalv:

Oh, well it's a bit overrated but pretty nice read still. If you are an X-fan, read it.

rodrigomonsalv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rodrigomonsalv:

You're welcome! Share your thoughts after you're finished.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rodrigomonsalv: It's one of the best modern X-Men runs, you should enjoy it thoroughly.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have gifted also i have it on dvd stop motion comics

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#9  Edited By time1

@rodrigomonsalv said:

No Caption Provided

It's a decent series, very overrated though.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Its better than Morrison and Bendix for sure.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: There's more good about Whedons run than Morrison and Bendis. In my opinion Morrison and Bendis are closer to the trash side of the spectrum than anything. Only Aaron and Austen are worse.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By time1

@hawk2916 said:

@time: There's more good about Whedons run than Morrison and Bendis. In my opinion Morrison and Bendis are closer to the trash side of the spectrum than anything. Only Aaron and Austen are worse.

Not a fan Grant Morrison run at all. Bendis had good moments in both of his X-Men titles. Joss Whedon only told 4 stories and only 2 of them were good. What was the point of reuniting Kitty and Colossus and then separating them. Let's not forget Fraction, he was terrible too. Gillian wasn't great either.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: Fraction and Gillen were better than Bendis and Morrison. Lol that's my bold statement for the year right? Seriously I think Bendix was terrible for the xmen. Morrison was better than Bendis but his stuff was not very good either. You asked what was the point with Whedon but really Morrison left me wondering what was the point or more like wtf? He had a bunch unnecessary sh*t in his run

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@time: Fraction and Gillen were better than Bendis and Morrison. Lol that's my bold statement for the year right? Seriously I think Bendix was terrible for the xmen. Morrison was better than Bendis but his stuff was not very good either. You asked what was the point with Whedon but really Morrison left me wondering what was the point or more like wtf? He had a bunch unnecessary sh*t in his run

Morrison had his problems. He only care about Emma Frost. The way he destroy Scott and Jean Marriage was terrible.

Fraction wasn't better than Bendis. Magneto was on his Knees under Matt Fraction. Gillian was just boring.

What was the point of Whedon run ?

Emma and Kitty rivalry and returning Colossus.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: Why does it need a point? What's the point of a comic other than to tell a story?

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By time1

@sprior93 said:

@time: Why does it need a point? What's the point of a comic other than to tell a story?

I think for a comic fan you have to enjoy the series and like what the writers are doing with the characters. When I see Beast and Logan showing concern for Emma and not Jean Grey in Grant Morrison run. It becomes a problem. When I see Emma crying in Logan arms. It becomes a problem. I mean the only thing Jean gets is being question by Bishop. Where are Jean friends. Why are they not there for her. After her catching her Husband with another woman.

How about Colossus finally being reunited with the woman he loves, just too lose her.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time:

I'd like to know what Bendis' story was more entertaining than Gillen's Fear Itself tie-in or a Sinister arc. This must be fun.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Koays

Lol when you show up on the X-boards for the first time in a couple of days and people are arguing the same points against the same person that you've been arguing since you joined the site....you feel...fulfilled? Vindicated? Accepted?

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By time1

@adamtrmm said:

@time:

I'd like to know what Bendis' story was more entertaining than Gillen's Fear Itself tie-in or a Sinister arc. This must be fun.

Sinister arc was as boring as hell. Then Marvel loved Sinister so much. He decided to show up in Avengers vs X-Men event. I actually like Magik and Colossus interactions in fear Itself tie-in. I liked seeing Colossus fight Juggernaut. A lot people criticize bendis runs, but he gave us cool characters moments

Jean and Emma training sessions

Scott telling the Avengers to go to hell

Magneto no longer being Cyclops little lap-dog

Emma no longer being Scott bimbo

Tempus freezing the Avengers, travelling through time and putting Scott in his place.

Dazzler mirror moment

Emma and Scott had far more interesting conversations under Bendis and then under Fraction and Gillian. Emma had a voice again.

How about Storm having a voice too.

Emma being reunited with Stepford Cuckoos

Kitty and Jean moments

Fraction and Gillian run was about, let's have a wank over Cyclops.

You want a better story Uncanny X-Men Revolution

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

Tempus freezing the Avengers, travelling through time and putting Scott in his place.

This plothole shouldn't be here...

Cyclops arrived with all the X-Men despite not wanting to go. Then after all the X-Men (including himself) were teleported away and the Helicarrier was destroyed he came back and saved Maria Hill from Matthew Malloy. He spends an entire issue saying how important it was for Matthew to learn control, how he'd seen other mutants lose control and how he didn't want Malloy to become one of them. then they were all attacked by Shield before Malloy could make a decision. Then after Cyclops was already dead Malloy came to the Mansion killed Emma by mistake and when the student and X-Men came to defend her he killed them too...After all that is done and time is reset Tempus shows up and says it was Cyclops' fault that it all happened when he's the only one who said anything positive to Malloy...where is the logic to this and how is that good writing?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

wheldon run is one of the best in the last two decades so yea its worth reading

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By time1

@koays said:
@time said:

Cyclops arrived with all the X-Men despite not wanting to go. Then after all the X-Men (including himself) were teleported away and the Helicarrier was destroyed he came back and saved Maria Hill from Matthew Malloy. He spends an entire issue saying how important it was for Matthew to learn control, how he'd seen other mutants lose control and how he didn't want Malloy to become one of them. then they were all attacked by Shield before Malloy could make a decision. Then after Cyclops was already dead Malloy came to the Mansion killed Emma by mistake and when the student and X-Men came to defend her he killed them too...After all that is done and time is reset Tempus shows up and says it was Cyclops' fault that it all happened when he's the only one who said anything positive to Malloy...where is the logic to this and how is that good writing?

No I didn't I highlighted cool things Tempus did.

She freeze The Avengers in Uncanny X-Men Revolution

Travel through time in Uncanny X-Men Annual

Travel through time and and put Cyclops in his place in the Last will and testament of charles xavier

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By adamTRMM

@time:

His take on Sinister was re-imagination of a pretty stagnant character (status-quo wise) and it was so felicitous it's actually sticking, even Hickman uses his concept in Secret Wars. None of what you listed can even be slightly compared to imaginativeness of successful reconstruction of an iconic character. And that's just one point which you constructively downgrade with "boring". I mean, of course, THIS pales in comparison to Dazzler's self-defacement, that was truly the apex of creativeness and entertainment. But let's try to be more consecutive right here:

I never brought Fraction to this discussion, but his concepts and ideas overshadow Bendis' ones it's not even funny. He allied Namor and Atlantis with X-men, win. He moved X-men to build their own little nation, win. He (maybe with the help of other, then, writers but still in his era and flagship) restructured the operative paradigm of how X-men work, win. He brought Magneto to the X-men, WIN. Now, for the controversial part, how. And this mainly falls to how Magneto's stance was handled, right? Because for the other ones there's not much to criticize since the ideas were original and fresh. So Magneto kneels. The questions is, did it work? Did he made his entrance "mold breaking"? Is there any doubt? Bottom line, he succeeded. Emma recognized that even kneeling down Magneto still expresses so much confidence Scott could never afford himself. Was it contextual? Yes. Was it shady? Yes. But, what was the end result? Magneto becoming one of mutantkind's most valued "generals" up there within the elite when mutantkind is mostly united. So how, it is not a win? See that's the Fraction you bash and whose run was so full of flaws and mishandling (his Scott was the worst out of Decimation era), yet I can actually discuss and overthink. And with both, Gillen (whose Magneto was actually pretty terrible and aimless) and Fraction I could go on, because those two bring new ideas to the table, they're actually trying to be creative no matter how many flaws they had there was at least a big idea that will be remembered. But with Bendis, I want to forget everything he wrote. I think the difference is clear.

No thanks, I'm not interested in revolutions that were never meant to be.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:
@koays said:
@time said:

No I didn't I highlighted cool things Tempus did.

She freeze The Avengers in Uncanny X-Men Revolution

Travel through time in Uncanny X-Men Annual

Travel through time and and put Cyclops in his place in the Last will and testament of charles xavier

Ok but shouldn't a "cool character moment" make sense? I'd very much argue that its her worst moment because she lied to him about what happened. And putting someone in their place implies they were doing something wrong, which he really wasn't during the Malloy incident. I just dont see what makes that cool?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HAWK2916

@time: I think you dislike anything that doesn't have Jean in it and you fall in love with a run with Jean no matter what.

You point to Magneto on his knees but Morrison gave us Fantomex!! Nuff said!! But if you want to continue Xorneto was worse than anything that Fraction did. We got a would be revolution and Matthew Malloy and it was all for nothing. And he saddled us with a completely random gay iceman and also made the beloved Jean Grey an annoying unlikeable and irritating *@#$!

Endanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

It's decent.

But I seriously hate Danger, one of the worst "X-Men" ever created:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

No Caption Provided

it's one of the best X-men comics that's been made.

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By StarWatcher

Yeees! Whedon's run on Uncanny X-men is one of my fave series. Although, hit me if you want, I love Bendis's take on Uncanny too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By StarWatcher
RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: It was heavily implied that Scott wanted to use / people thought he wanted to use Malloy for his revolution. It later turned out he didn't even want a revolution but still at the time it seemed logical.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: honestly that doesn't matter. He could've told Malloy his plan was to burn down all the Chipotle's in the tri-state area, unless Malloy did that and tempus accused Scott of doing so its not his fault.

Tempus' entire rant made no sense. She took a bullet for him yes, by sacrificing her morals to kill a unstoppable force. But she accuses him of being at fault for the death of people and that's absolutely false. Malloy didn't show up on the front lawn of the mansion saying "Cyclops is dead, I'm in charge of the revolution, join me or die", he showed up after being attacked and started accidentally killing people by the droves. Nothing Cyclops did contributed to that, and in fact he lowered the death toll by saving the Sheild team.

It doesnt make sense because nothing we knew or know about the revolution pointed to Cyclops being in the wrong. And unless the Shield group specifically said they were attacking Malloy because he was with Scott, or Shield had attacked the X-Men believing they were a threat because of Scotts words..then he didn't do anything but talk to the guy about why he needs control, and tell him about why he sees the world his way.