• 49 results
#1 Posted by time (4841 posts) - - Show Bio

When is the comic being release, May the 15 or the 30th.

#2 Edited by trebean (621 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubilee got her powers back?

#3 Posted by Xwraith (15132 posts) - - Show Bio

It comes out on the 29th (but it was supposed to come out on the 17th of last month.)

#4 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

if only storm wasnt in it..... oh well

#5 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannot. Wait.

Anticipating the return of classic Claremontian X-Comix.

#6 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Bleh, more crap from the X-Corner.

#7 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4239 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannot. Wait.

you an' me both, chum!

this can't come soon enough for me. I just hope I haven't set my hopes too high.

#8 Edited by soduh2 (865 posts) - - Show Bio

@trebean

I was going to ask that same question.

#9 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4601 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to buy trades but I just got laid off.

( + )

#10 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4239 posts) - - Show Bio

last we saw of Jubilee, she still didn't have her fireworks powers, but it looks like she'll be getting them back, probably in this book.

#11 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

: @trebean said:

last we saw of Jubilee, she still didn't have her fireworks powers, but it looks like she'll be getting them back, probably in this book.

Wood stated in interviews that he would be using her as a Vampire (partly cause of Editorial and partly cause he thought interesting ways to use her vampire powers). So her using her fireworks is just to make her stand out in the covers.

#12 Posted by fodigg (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

: @trebean said:

Wood stated in interviews that he would be using her as a Vampire (partly cause of Editorial and partly cause he thought interesting ways to use her vampire powers). So her using her fireworks is just to make her stand out in the covers.

Awww.

I want a Jubilee that uses all of her past abilities simultaneously. She'd be formidable.

• Olympic level gymnast
  • Mutant explosion powers
  • Combat trained by X-Men and personally by Wolverine
  • Tech-based "Wondra" powers
  • Vampire powers

#13 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: Wouldn't the Wondra stuff be overkill? I mean I can understand everything else as that should be easily doable.

#14 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4239 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

So, is that last sentence for sure or speculation?

I don't see how her getting her mutant powers back would negate the fact that she's a vampire.

#15 Edited by fodigg (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@fodigg: Wouldn't the Wondra stuff be overkill? I mean I can understand everything else as that should be easily doable.

I don't know if it'd be overkill so much as it'd be redundant. Vampire powers already lend her super strength. Do they also let her fly? Can't remember. I'd only want it there for completeness sake. Let her accessorize a bit. Show the progression of the character.

#16 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

I don't see how her getting her mutant powers back would negate the fact that she's a vampire.

It's a bit of both. She would have no need for vampirism (her power replacement like Moonstar's Valkyrie powers) if she got her powers back. Plus Wood says that she is a vampire and plans to use her as such. He's been tight-lipped on the whole if or when she would get her powers back.

Plus the only mutant so far who has been repowered is Rictor....and that was when Wanda had the power to do that. Now she doesn't.

@fodigg: Not sure what are her Vamp powers are besides that she can now lift cars with little effort. I think that's Wood has plans for her Vampire state. Lots of room for potential if used properly.

#17 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4239 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

It's a bit of both. She would have no need for vampirism (her power replacement like Moonstar's Valkyrie powers) if she got her powers back. Plus Wood says that she is a vampire and plans to use her as such. He's been tight-lipped on the whole if or when she would get her powers back.

Plus the only mutant so far who has been repowered is Rictor....and that was when Wanda had the power to do that. Now she doesn't.

@fodigg: Not sure what are her Vamp powers are besides that she can now lift cars with little effort. I think that's Wood has plans for her Vampire state. Lots of room for potential if used properly.

As you just acknowledged, being a vampire makes her significantly stronger and tougher (essentially immortal?) than she would be if she only had her mutant powers (which, at best, should only give her some immunity to heat and/or light). So having both power sets would certainly not be redundant.

Richter may be the only character to be re-powered from M-day (unless you count Iceman or Chamber..) but characters have been re-powered through other means before. Storm, Nightcrawler, Polaris, Magneto, and Quicksilver all have.

I'm calling speculation on your covers theory, and choosing to believe that she will be re-powered as well as being a vampire.

#18 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: Read this and you will know that it's not speculation.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=45083

I'm enjoying "Ultimate X-Men" and looking forward to "X-Men." That said, my first question revolves around Jubilee. It seems like Jubilee has come to terms with her vampirism, or at least conquered the bloodlust. Is that how you'll portray her or is she still fighting for control? What about her feelings on her now immortal life? Seems like that would be a big adjustment to wrap your head around.

Brian Wood: I'll be the first to admit I struggled with the fact that I would be writing a vampire Jubilee -- I was hoping to be able to write the "classic" one but it was not in the cards. But we, my editor Jeanine [Schaefer] and I, figured the way to go is to just treat the vampire stuff the same way we would a mutant ability. So she is not "Vampire Jubilee" any more than we would think "Eye Beam Scott" or "Metal Bones Logan" as their primary defining trait as a person. So Jubilee is Jubilee all day long, and her skills will come from her vampire traits.

As far as the immortal stuff, man, just you wait. 'Til, like, issue 6 or 7, not long.

Are there any plans on bringing back Jubilee's powers sometime in the future? She was scared in the past to use them, but I think that after everything she's been through, she would really explore what she is truly capable of if she had them.

No plans. I'm honestly sort of interested in seeing what I can do with the vampire stuff, to see how those can be stretched and tweaked to feel unique to her, and not just your garden variety vampire traits.

#19 Posted by Veitha (2872 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read Wood's work on the old X-Men series yet, but I heard it was very good, and I can't wait to read this

#20 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: Yeah, so much fan-hype directed towards this title, i'd hate to see it fall flat on its face, but i can't help but hope. And that opening scene with Jubilee's looking good.

And, um, lol, i think you should go read some interviews in regards to her powers. Don't worry, you're not the only one who was fooled by the covers, and it's a little tiresome to see people so easily mislead by them. She doesn't have her powers, as Wood has persistently stated.

#21 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4239 posts) - - Show Bio
@thegreyoutcastx said:

@oldnightcrawler:

Read this and you will know that it's not speculation.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=45083

Brian Wood: I'll be the first to admit I struggled with the fact that I would be writing a vampire Jubilee -- I was hoping to be able to write the "classic" one but it was not in the cards. But we, my editor Jeanine [Schaefer] and I, figured the way to go is to just treat the vampire stuff the same way we would a mutant ability. So she is not "Vampire Jubilee" any more than we would think "Eye Beam Scott" or "Metal Bones Logan" as their primary defining trait as a person. So Jubilee is Jubilee all day long, and her skills will come from her vampire traits.

As far as the immortal stuff, man, just you wait. 'Til, like, issue 6 or 7, not long.

Are there any plans on bringing back Jubilee's powers sometime in the future? She was scared in the past to use them, but I think that after everything she's been through, she would really explore what she is truly capable of if she had them.

No plans. I'm honestly sort of interested in seeing what I can do with the vampire stuff, to see how those can be stretched and tweaked to feel unique to her, and not just your garden variety vampire traits.

okay, that's cool. see how that makes it not speculation, as opposed to what you first presented?

oh, and thanks a lot for posting that, by the way!

@ageofhurricane said:

@oldnightcrawler: Yeah, so much fan-hype directed towards this title, i'd hate to see it fall flat on its face, but i can't help but hope. And that opening scene with Jubilee's looking good.

And, um, lol, i think you should go read some interviews in regards to her powers. Don't worry, you're not the only one who was fooled by the covers, and it's a little tiresome to see people so easily mislead by them. She doesn't have her powers, as Wood has persistently stated.

yeah, I love Wood's previous take on the characters, and I LOVE Coipel's art, so I doubt I'll be disappointed.

as for being fooled, well, I was only going by the information I had, having not read the interviews. I just try to filter out what might be conjecture. I'm actually glad they aren't going back on the vampire thing, though, as it would feel like a "just because" kind of move.

#22 Edited by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

I expect it to be a little bit better than the other titles(except for X-Men Legacy) but I don't expect it to be a brilliant or a great book.

#23 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

The baby. The one character i'm looking forward to the most, is the baby.

#24 Edited by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: I forgot about this X-Position interview on CBR. I figured I post it to allevate any confusion. It's all good.

That said, I stated that Jubilee was gonna be Vampire. I said it was a bit of both fact and speculation as I wasn't complete sure Wood stated she wouldn't been getting her powers. Hence why I looked back at the interview. So the fact that Jubilee is show making "Fireworks" is only cause it's her trademark thing like Cable's/Nate's glowing left eye, Psylocke's psychic butterfly, etc as it's iconic and people remember that. Not everyone remembers that she is a vampire.

#25 Posted by Mercy_ (92411 posts) - - Show Bio

This books gonna be so good.

#26 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4239 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: I forgot about this X-Position interview on CBR. I figured I post it to allevate any confusion. It's all good.

That said, I stated that Jubilee was gonna be Vampire. I said it was a bit of both fact and speculation as I wasn't complete sure Wood stated she wouldn't been getting her powers.

sorry, that's the part I thought we were talking about.

Hence why I looked back at the interview. So the fact that Jubilee is show making "Fireworks" is only cause it's her trademark thing like Cable's/Nate's glowing left eye, Psylocke's psychic butterfly, etc as it's iconic and people remember that. Not everyone remembers that he is a vampire.

yeah, I see that now, I just don't like to let myself fall for speculation. Thanks again for posting the proof!

#27 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: lol, it's all good. I'm glad I remembered that interview. xD

#28 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4239 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, I dunno what to think of this title. I do enjoy Wood, but most of these characters are overexposed in being on so many titles. I've had about all I can stand of Kitty and Psylocke. Storm is approaching over exposure as well. I'll buy this if Rogue is wearing her tacky cowboy boots.

#30 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane: Dude! Think about it! They're in a ton of other books.

Kitty: All New X-men, Wolverine & X-men, X-men and Ultimate X-men.

Psylocke: Uncanny X-force, X-men and Ultimate X-men.

Storm: All New X-men, Wolverine & X-men, Uncanny X-force, X-men and Ultimate X-men.

My point being these aren't bad characters by any means, but they regularly show up in all of these other titles or are the stand out stars in some of these books. I'd personally like to see some underused characters. Variety is nice.

#33 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: Just shallap and enjoy the preview pages.

OMFGOasmadnaskdnasdoasonfaonafnadnasodnSDJFDSFKDSBFDSJFBSKFJDSFNDSFdsfdsfdsfdsf.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=16373

#34 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane: That was just glorious! Long live Brian Wood and Olivier Coipel!

#35 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx: This can suffice before the actual date. All i needed were some pages, just to wet the appetite...and...Bling! and Mercury...they're on panel...again...after so many damn years...*Chronos tear*.

And...Storm and Rogue...they're wearing clothes...again. Normal...clothes. ;-(

#36 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx: This can suffice before the actual date. All i needed were some pages, just to wet the appetite...and...Bling! and Mercury...they're on panel...again...after so many damn years...*Chronos tear*.

And...Storm and Rogue...they're wearing clothes...again. Normal...clothes. ;-(

#37 Edited by time (4841 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard Rachel will have some romance soon, I heard there a lot of sex in this series.

#38 Posted by Daycrawler (552 posts) - - Show Bio

Really looking forward to this. Woods last run on X-Men was awesome. He even made Storm sort of interesting, though I could do without Storm in this run though. She's all haircut and 'godess' pompousness. Waaay past her sell-by date.

#39 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane: I'm sure the book is going to be good, man! I'm just being a gripey fanboy that wants to see Karma, Husk or a lesser known X-person in the book.

@time: Where'd you hear that? I mostly assumed the X-force books were more adult themed. Besides I'd hate for the book to just be a "Who's hooking up with who this month?!". I want to see bad guys getting their faces punched.

#40 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks cool. Honestly though, as a new X-men reader, I'm more excited for the next issue of Uncanny X-Force.

#41 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry:

You will get lesser known people as supporting cast . Cipher, Bling!, Pixie and Mercury (two of which have been seen in previews, already) have been stated to show up, along with others. It wouldn't make much sense to include Karma and/or Husk as member of a team like this--that's received so much hype, from a marketing or story-telling perspective because they do not share the same ties that bind--their relationships with all of these women. They're practically family, where lesser known characters' addition for the sake of it would be stupid. Then again, there's a 7th member showing up at the end of the first issue, so you might just get your wish.

#42 Posted by jhazzroucher (15045 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannot. Wait.

OMG! Rogue has superstrengthand I even saw her fly. Rogue is going to be awesome again! : )

#43 Posted by time (4841 posts) - - Show Bio

Well she probably absorbed Storm powers, there all over to be awesome again. Looking forward to Jubilee returning and being in the spotlight again. So the team will be getting another member, I hope it's X-23, but I think it will end up being pixie or armor.

#44 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2113 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#45 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

Laura's in the Avengers Arena and she's not coming out. I'd also prefer her to stay there, i'm sure there're other characters around most suitable for this prestigious position. But it ain't Pixie or Armor, even though they'll be supporting cast.

#46 Posted by Xwraith (15132 posts) - - Show Bio

The only good thing I can think of coming out X-Factor's cancellation is the possibility of Wolfsbane joining the team.

#47 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (784 posts) - - Show Bio

Did I hear right that Sublime was going to be in the opening arc?

#48 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@raggedscarecrow: Correct. He'll be asking these ladies for help, among other things.

#49 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't it it...sublime that Sublime is in the opening arc?! -Rimshot.-

#50 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubilee with child </3

(looking a little bit too young here, but that doesn't detract from the cuteness of this image)