• 59 results
#51 Posted by HAWK2916 (2374 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont like the idea of killing off Wolverine at all. I dont want him in every single book but he's the most popular and killing him is just plain stupid imo. But then again I thonk him losing his healing factor is ridiculous too. I just want the old wolverine back not the current whatever we havr now. I dont want him in avengers or uncanny avengers either but he should be in one book. I wish he would join one of the xforce's. If anybody dies it should be beast, magik or emma frost.

#52 Edited by oldnightcrawler (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:

They could take him out of Avengers, because well they got too many and you never see him.

I like him in Uncanny Avengers because he really should be there for the story they're telling now with the Apocalypse twins, but I think the Beast would be a better fit with this team overall. Plus this is like the only Avengers team ever to not have a science guy on it, so obviously it should be the Beast. But I love that book right now, so I could go either way.

I think they should just rename Wolverine and the X men to Academy X (loved that name) and make it about kitty and the students (or another teacher but not wolverine)

Yeah, I do think there should be a book just about the students at the school. Personally, I wouldn't have any one member of the senior X-men as a main character. I think just having a different member(s) of the X-men guest star as instructors for certain arcs depending on the story. That would leave the student characters as the main characters, and it would give the chance to see the students learning from any of the X-men instead of just a select few.

Astonishing getting canceled but he shouldnt be in amazing either, just enough already let some b listers go at it (warpath please?)

I think Amazing' looks more like the kind of X-men book I'd wanna see Wolverine in (ie, one with Nightcrawler and Storm), but I would tweak the cast slightly. This book's cast looks redundant because of WatX-men and Astonishing, but if it could replace what I like about both, it could be the perfect book to have Wolverine be a main character in (for those of us who still like that). This could be the team that runs the school.

(Warpath I would put on a more edge-of-the-law X-men team lead by Cannonball and Psylocke, based out of the abandoned outback base).

So, yeah, not counting guest appearances, I'd only have him be a regular character in one X-men book and one solo book, and maybe a reoccurring (used as relevant) character in Uncanny Avengers, so, three books or less seams like it should cover all the bases.

#53 Posted by GonnaRain (758 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, at first I wasn't really interested in this event, like, at all, because time travel is getting bored with so much of it just recently, and after all it should be "bugged" since AoU. But with the covers, previews and what not, and the fact that I could probably see some more Emma, I guess I will give it a chance.

I just pray to God that Wolverine doesn't become the center of attention like he did in AoU, because then I would lose all my faith in Marvel and their writers. Because if you honestly can think of a good plot that can attract all kind of readers without Wolverine, then you fail, miserably.

#54 Posted by McKlayn (1175 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:

They could take him out of Avengers, because well they got too many and you never see him.

I like him in Uncanny Avengers because he really should be there for the story they're telling now with the Apocalypse twins, but I think the Beast would be a better fit with this team overall. Plus this is like the only Avengers team ever to not have a science guy on it, so obviously it should be the Beast. But I love that book right now, so I could go either way.

I think they should just rename Wolverine and the X men to Academy X (loved that name) and make it about kitty and the students (or another teacher but not wolverine)

Yeah, I do think there should be a book just about the students at the school. Personally, I wouldn't have any one member of the senior X-men as a main character. I think just having a different member(s) of the X-men guest star as instructors for certain arcs depending on the story. That would leave the student characters as the main characters, and it would give the chance to see the students learning from any of the X-men instead of just a select few.

Astonishing getting canceled but he shouldnt be in amazing either, just enough already let some b listers go at it (warpath please?)

I think Amazing' looks more like the kind of X-men book I'd wanna see Wolverine in (ie, one with Nightcrawler and Storm), but I would tweak the cast slightly. This book's cast looks redundant because of WatX-men and Astonishing, but if it could replace what I like about both, it could be the perfect book to have Wolverine be a main character in (for those of us who still like that). This could be the team that runs the school.

(Warpath I would put on a more edge-of-the-law X-men team lead by Cannonball and Psylocke, based out of the abandoned outback base).

So, yeah, not counting guest appearances, I'd only have him be a regular character in one X-men book and one solo book, and maybe a reoccurring (used as relevant) character in Uncanny Avengers, so, three books or less seams like it should cover all the bases.

i was speaking of the "Avengers" title actually there, i really like him in Uncanny Avengers as well :D and im not very familiar with avengers but isnt wasp like a science guy? shes like Pym's assistant or something wasnt she? so maybe shes the brains idk

As far as my "Academy X" book i was thinking like Gen X or the Original New Mutants, so you would see the professor (IE Kitty or Wolverine) but just a cameo here or there and the students would be the main cast, so instead of having one teacher you could very easily do the guest appearances you were talking of that would be fine with me :D

And your amazing line up would be lovely :D ANd i would prefer Warpath in a darker book but right now any book is better then no book lol

#55 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:

i was speaking of the "Avengers" title actually there, i really like him in Uncanny Avengers as well :D and im not very familiar with avengers but isnt wasp like a science guy? shes like Pym's assistant or something wasnt she? so maybe shes the brains idk

naw, she was his wife was all. Not that she's not smart, but she's not scientist smart, if you see what I see what I mean.

And your amazing line up would be lovely :D ANd i would prefer Warpath in a darker book but right now any book is better then no book lol

yeah, I'd love to see Cannonball get his own team (X-men, X-force, whatever), but I wouldn't mind seeing Warpath on Cyclops' team right now either.

#56 Posted by McKlayn (1175 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:

naw, she was his wife was all. Not that she's not smart, but she's not scientist smart, if you see what I see what I mean.

yeah, I'd love to see Cannonball get his own team (X-men, X-force, whatever), but I wouldn't mind seeing Warpath on Cyclops' team right now either.

THIS is what i want most from the X verse right now, LET sam grow up and give him a title with a bunch of b list guys, lets give it a good writer (wood for example) and it will be too sweet :D

#57 Edited by oldnightcrawler (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: maybe a crew something like this:

?

#58 Posted by HAWK2916 (2374 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea of Cannonball getting his own team. In fact I want his team to be the new extinction team focused on extinction level threats. It would be: Cannonball ,Dani Moonstar, Polaris, Monet, Warpath, Magma, Chamber, Blink, Sage.

#59 Posted by Maddpanda531 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08:

You call yourself Wolverine's number one fan...but I'd have to call you his eighth! *Duh Dun Tssch*