• 58 results
#1 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

ALL-NEW X-MEN #17

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • STUART IMMONEN (A) Cover by ED MCGUINNESS Variant Cover by STUART IMMONEN LEGO VARIANT BY Leonel Castellani X-MEN: BATTLE OF THE ATOM, PART 6! • Magik and Young Beast have a special mission! • The X-Men and Future X-Men have Jean Grey and Cyclops and are going to send them back in time with the rest of the Original X-Men. • But who is opposing them and why? 32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

X-MEN #6

BRIAN WOOD (W) • DAVID LOPEZ (A) Cover by ED MCGUINNESS Variant Cover by TERRY DODSON X-MEN: BATTLE OF THE ATOM, PART 7! • CHAOS AT THE JEAN GREY SCHOOL as the X-Men and Future X-Men are attacked! • Rachel Grey is the only X-Man qualified to defeat the mystery opponents! 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

UNCANNY X-MEN #13

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • CHRISTOPHER BACHALO (A) Cover by ED MCGUINNESS Variant Cover by CHRIS BACHALO X-MEN: BATTLE OF THE ATOM, PART 8! • Wolverine, who just lost his healing factor, takes a mortal hit! • And a surprise ending that changes everything in the X-Men Event of 2013! 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #37

JASON AARON (W) • GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (A) Cover by ED MCGUINNESS Variant Cover by KRIS ANKA X-MEN: BATTLE OF THE ATOM, PART 9! • All of the X-Men (present & future) and their adversaries are reeling from the events of Part 8! • With the adversaries' Plan A squashed, they turn to their far more sinister Plan B on the grounds of the X-Men's first adventure! 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

X-MEN: BATTLE OF THE ATOM #2 (of 2)

JASON AARON (W) • ESAD RIBIC (A) Cover by ED MCGUINNESS Variant Cover by ESAD RIBIC X-MEN: BATTLE OF THE ATOM, PART 10! • The biggest battle in X-Men history will melt your face off. • All of the X-Men find their footing in the world much changed. • The X-Men event of 2013 concludes and sets up the major X-Men stories for 2014! 40 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

#2 Posted by Rickbarry (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

Why must they use an alt reality Colossus to team up with the current X-men? Megalame.

#3 Posted by danhimself (22492 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry:

I love the last cover though. also i wonder why jean grey is with older cyclops, what happened to teen cyclops

#6 Posted by danhimself (22492 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Why must they use an alt reality Colossus to team up with the current X-men? Megalame.

Where's he from? Is that deff an alt. reality Colossus and not just a new costume? I don't recall seeing an alt. colossus in any of the BOTA promo art.

#8 Edited by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Rickbarry (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry said:

Where's he from? Is that deff an alt. reality Colossus and not just a new costume? I don't recall seeing an alt. colossus in any of the BOTA promo art.

I think he's from the Days of Future past timeline as it looks like he has grey hair and some type of odd mustache.

#10 Posted by Xwraith (17300 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't plan on reading any further than X-Men.

#11 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@john_valentine said:

@rickbarry said:

I think he's from the Days of Future past timeline as it looks like he has grey hair and some type of odd mustache.

Maybe you're right. Kind of hard to judge from that image.

#12 Posted by Rickbarry (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry said:

@john_valentine said:

@rickbarry said:

Maybe you're right. Kind of hard to judge from that image.

Yep. It could be the glare on his back is making his hair look grey as well. I dunno, but he's not wearing his fancy breastplate so something doesn't seem right.

Also, apparently I get e-mails whenever someone replies to a comment. It goes right to my smarty pants phone. Fancy.

#13 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

LOVE that Rachel cover.

#15 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4443 posts) - - Show Bio

LOVE that Rachel cover.

yeah, it looks really good, and gets me excited that there will actually be an issue that focuses on her.

I like the Magik and Beast one a lot, too.

#16 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: Indeed. Hopefully her relevance to this event as a whole isn't just exclusive to Wood's X-Men--i mean that'd be nice cause i know he'll do her justice (already is), but she's long overdue for some actual development and recognition.

#17 Posted by Wolverine08 (41107 posts) - - Show Bio

So is Wolverine actually pushing up daisies?

#18 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4443 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: Indeed. Hopefully her relevance to this event as a whole isn't just exclusive to Wood's X-Men--i mean that'd be nice cause i know he'll do her justice (already is), but she's long overdue for some actual development and recognition.

absolutely. all of this.

#20 Posted by Wolverine08 (41107 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane:

I hope his death actually makes sense, and isn't just Marvel's way of trying to be new reader accessible by having their comics be similar to the movies.

#21 Posted by Rickbarry (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

LOVE that Rachel cover.

You like Dodson? Everyone is so cheekboney! It annoys me!

#22 Edited by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is losing his healing factor? I guess the rumor of him dying is true.

#23 Posted by God_Spawn (37707 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. He'll be back relatively quickly, IMO. If he does that is.

#24 Posted by Wolverine08 (41107 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

It looks like Marvel is trying to be new reader friendly by having their characters current predicaments be similar to the movies.

#25 Posted by God_Spawn (37707 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Which is ironic since the new movie based off an older story of a similar situation lol. Anyways, given a bit of time Logan would be back and up to standards. Marvel would need it anyway, given the new movie and the new X movie coming out next year as well.

#26 Edited by Wolverine08 (41107 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

If he does die, it better be good. If Marvel does give him a cheap, shock value death, they are going to have to deal with Wolverine's number one fan. Lol.

#27 Edited by God_Spawn (37707 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I doubt he will. That's just me, though. I mean, even when Peter Parker recently "died ", Superior Spider-Man has still been carrying on. If he dies, it might just be temporary and rather brief. And as I said, with the movies coming out, he should be back up to standards shortly. Healing factor and all. He can't even really use his claws much without it anyways. Plus, he is one of Marvel's biggest cash cows and has too much exposure coming up to be taken out of the picture.

#28 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4443 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

If he does die, it better be good. If Marvel does give him a cheap, shock value death, they are going to have to deal with Wolverine's number one fan. Lol.

Of course a good death is preferable to a bad one, but with Wolverine, it's not like marvel can actually expect anyone to believe that he'll be dead forever. If he dies, he'll be back eventually.

I think if they are actually killing him, it's probably more to get him out of being in so many books, giving other characters a chance to sink or swim on their own. They know he's popular, but if they want to see which other characters could rise to his level, he sort of needs to not be there.

For example, I read 4 books a month with Wolverine (Uncanny Avengers, Astonishing X-men, ANX-men, and WatX-men), but that doesn't mean that I read all or any of these books because he's in them. I like Wolverine, but I'll still read all of those books regardless of if he's in them. From a business standpoint, I think that's the kind of thing they would want to explore, and from a creative standpoint, it gives other characters more chance to really step up.

I think it could be cool.

#29 Edited by Wolverine08 (41107 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler:

1. I understand where you are coming from, but as a Wolverine fan, this just seems to be Marvel trying to be new reader friendly by making the comics match up with the movies. I find it annoying.

2. He really isn't in that many more books than any other major comic character. In a lot of books Wolverine appears in, he's just wallpaper, or a supporting character. Not the main character and isn't overshadowing everybody.

#30 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4443 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler:

1. I understand where you are coming from, but as a Wolverine fan, this just seems to be Marvel trying to be new reader friendly by making the comics match up with the movies. I find it annoying.

it can be both.

2. He really isn't in that many more books than any other major comic character. In a lot of books Wolverine appears in, he's just wallpaper, or a supporting character. Not the main character and isn't overshadowing everybody.

oh, I totally agree with you, and as a Wolverine fan myself I certainly don't mind him in books I'm interested in anyway. Even as one of my favorite characters, it's been years since I bothered to read his solo stories, as I generally enjoy him more as a minor character in an ensemble cast.

#31 Posted by Wolverine08 (41107 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler:

You should check out Wolverine by Paul Cornell and Savage Wolverine bro. Both are awesome!

#32 Posted by Dman1366 (560 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Wolverine, so if he does die, I will be excited

#33 Edited by Wolverine08 (41107 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366:

Come on man, don't be like that. Give Ol' Canuckhead a chance. You'll grow to love him! Plus, he'll be back in six months tops!

#34 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4443 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366 said:

See, I love the Wolverine, but I feel pretty excited by the idea of him dying, too.

Obviously he'll be back, he's that kind of character, but the idea of how him not being around will change the books he's in, and make them each that little bit more distinct at least, sounds like a neat idea. I like it when things change.

#35 Posted by McKlayn (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366 said:

See, I love the Wolverine, but I feel pretty excited by the idea of him dying, too.

Obviously he'll be back, he's that kind of character, but the idea of how him not being around will change the books he's in, and make them each that little bit more distinct at least, sounds like a neat idea. I like it when things change.

OH GOD ID LOVE IT! terrible timing though, his movie is coming out no way they would lose out on that cash cow right now

#36 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4443 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:

OH GOD ID LOVE IT! terrible timing though, his movie is coming out no way they would lose out on that cash cow right now

movies coming out presents a good time to reprint the classic Wolverine comics, that people new to the character can get into. And if he's dead in the comics, people might be willing to believe that he might die in the movie, which could also generate some interest. If the movie is popular, it might influence how Wolverine is when he eventually returns in the comics.

#37 Posted by Dman1366 (560 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: i used to love him in the old 80's books, Kitty Pryde and Wolverine is still one of my favorite mini-series. i just feel that he is over-extended and bland at the moment. hopefully his death will rejuvenate him as a character.

#38 Posted by Wolverine08 (41107 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366: What do you mean by over extended? He isn't in any more books than any other top tier comic character.

#39 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

Meh. He'll be back relatively quickly, IMO. If he does that is.

like wolverine goes to hell--what was that all about...lol

#40 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

at the end of this event is it going to be like another age of x because i wouldnt like that

#41 Edited by Avenger85 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

I called it earlier. Young Cyke dies.

#42 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler:

You should check out Wolverine by Paul Cornell and Savage Wolverine bro. Both are awesome!

I prefer Wolverine Max. The first arc was pretty weak, but I loved the second.

#43 Edited by McKlayn (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

The last cover looks like all the X men working together, Wolverine and Cyclops in battle together without fighting each other lol, so maybe we see some sort of reunion of the two groups but idk sadly im interested in this story lol

#44 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh no... If Wolverine dies what will happen with the 121312421 books he is in?!!!!

#45 Edited by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4443 posts) - - Show Bio

@gonnarain said:

Oh no... If Wolverine dies what will happen with the 121312421 books he is in?!!!!

easy. He'll be replaced by the Beast in Uncanny Avengers, and he won't even be missed in Avengers.

He can be replaced by X-23 in the upcoming Amazing X-men, and by any other X-man in All-New X-Men; and Astonishing X-Men is being cancelled anyway.

Wolverine and the X-Men can just focus on the students and other staff members at the school that soldier on as his legacy; one of his solo titles can be about stories set in the past or in alternate timelines, and the other one can be renamed (Incredible Hercules-style) into the Savage Shatterstar until his inevitable return.

see? easy.

#47 Edited by darthphoenix (705 posts) - - Show Bio

who do you think is the mystery opponent? rachel and psylocke's powers are practically the same. we is she the only one qualified to take on this mystery opponent?

#48 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

@gonnarain said:

easy. He'll be replaced by the Beast in Uncanny Avengers, and he won't even be missed in Avengers.

He can be replaced by X-23 in the upcoming Amazing X-men, and by any other X-man in All-New X-Men; and Astonishing X-Men is being cancelled anyway.

Wolverine and the X-Men can just focus on the students and other staff members at the school that soldier on as his legacy; one of his solo titles can be about stories set in the past or in alternate timelines, and the other one can be renamed (Incredible Hercules-style) into the Savage Shatterstar until his inevitable return.

see? easy.

Yeah I know. I always thought that most of the current books would've been quite a lot better without Wolverine, or with little bits of him at least, not like how he's currently present pretty much everywhere, with starrings roles in pretty much all of them.

Age of Wolverine Ultron ended up being more about Wolverine than Ultron or Hank Pym himself, just like AvX What if? was more about Logan than Hope or Mags.

#49 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4443 posts) - - Show Bio

@gonnarain: yeah, I love Wolverine, but a little goes a long way. And he doesn't need to be the main character of everything. I actually think he's a much stronger supporting character than he is a lead most of the time.

He's pretty central to Wolverine and the X-Men, obviously, and the current story in Uncanny Avengers (because of his X-force days); hell, I can even understand why he's relevant to have in All-New X-Men... but, between those and I guess maybe a solo book, that should be way more than enough.

#50 Posted by McKlayn (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

@gonnarain: yeah, I love Wolverine, but a little goes a long way. And he doesn't need to be the main character of everything. I actually think he's a much stronger supporting character than he is a lead most of the time.

He's pretty central to Wolverine and the X-Men, obviously, and the current story in Uncanny Avengers (because of his X-force days); hell, I can even understand why he's relevant to have in All-New X-Men... but, between those and I guess maybe a solo book, that should be way more than enough.

They could take him out of Avengers, because well they got too many and you never see him.

I actually think he needs to make a cameo here and there in All New, just due to his close relationships with many of the 05, he shouldnt be in every issue but i do think his stuff with jean and cyclops and maybe even what happened to angel during x force should be explored.

I think they should just rename Wolverine and the X men to Academy X (loved that name) and make it about kitty and the students (or another teacher but not wolverine)

Maybe only one solo book? I never understood ANYONE having more then one solo book.

Astonishing getting canceled but he shouldnt be in amazing either, just enough already let some b listers go at it (warpath please?)

so that would leave him with what? Uncanny Avengers, and All New, and his Solo book, yea that would be enough for me. Hell with that i guess you could keep him in Wolverine & or add him to Amazing but yea :D