the perfect rachel grey for movies is ....

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-gyZ35074k

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ariesxmasters
No Caption Provided

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: lol. I never thought famke was right for jean, though , i must admit, she gave justice to the character. Great acting! hayley williams on stay the night by zedd video is the perfect rachel summers for me, character-wise, hair color and haircut and green eyes

Drizzle1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think pink has rachel's edge, her build

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, hell naw.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Rachel Grey would work in the cinematic universe. It'd be too confusing for the average movie goer.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nah

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets just leave Rachel alone guys....I don't want anyone at Marvel seeing her on a list of movie characters and deciding to help/destroy/improve the character in preparation for her movie debut.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who knows? maybe singer would be doing a rachel vs apocalypse rather than cable vs apocalypse in the next x-men movie

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: X-Men: Apocalypse is part of the First Class trilogy...

So probably no Rachel... If she wasn't in DoFP, then she probably won't be swapped out by her famous half brother

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shailene Woodley (sp) could be a solid choice, but I don't see Rachel happening for the movies. With Singer owning it again he would probably gender swap her or have a role created for one of his instagram youngsters.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By HAWK2916

For me its Mary Elizabeth Winstead. That's my Rachel.

No Caption Provided

Coincidentally Amanda Righetti is my Jean.

No Caption Provided

I agree that it would be difficult to put Rachel in the movies. I thought the perfect place for her was in DOFP, it could have been Rachel that sent Wolverine back in time, instead of just giving Kitty a new power and not really explaining it. Then in that scene at the end when Jean turned around it would have been cool to see her pregnant at that point. In fact i would have thought if they were introducing Sunspot, Blink and Bishop then why not Rachel?!! But either way its cool and I dont think it hurt the movie

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Meh, I could see it.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

come on, it's singerverse! no one knows what's going on in his head. he might even let jubes take down apocalypes.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None. Another TP/TK redhead doesn't fit there. But Hawk's choice for Jean is lovely!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

If I was rebooting the Marvel universe that is one character that I would erase.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: good thing you're not part of the marvel crew. so keep dreaming

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dernman

@darthphoenix: good thing you're not part of the marvel crew.

It being "good or not", based on that singular thing is nothing but subjective.

so keep dreaming

Do you really think anyone is going to waste their dreams on getting rid of a character they're not in favor of?

I get the feeling your jimmies have been rustled when they shouldn't be nor were their any intentional effort given to rustle them.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

then why waste your time in reading a post for the character you hate. isn't it a waste of time and energy for you? just how stupid can you get?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

If I was rebooting the Marvel universe that is one character that I would erase.

Me too. Probably for different reasons though....I would think the recurrent reasoning is likely that people think her history is too convoluted. Which I disagree with, she is from an alternate reality, no different from many other characters in American super hero comics.

I have an aversion to her character due to inconsistency--she extremely powerful only when she (the writers in reality) remembers to be, which is a common detraction of most really powerful characters *thinks of Superman*. She was initially just the daughter of Jean Grey and (apparently) Cyclops who had telekinesis and telepathy to a degree, and I was fine with that, and then, when they revived Jean Grey in the in the mid 80s they brought in all the cosmic avatar Phoenix drivel which I don't care much for. I mean, she is powerful enough to face down Galactus and the Beyonder and she somehow was enslaved by Mojo?? F*ck off.

I like her actual character and the fact that she carries on the Grey bloodline into the modern day of X-Men, but I don't know, she is just a character that seems directionless. Like she is just there to facilitate the Phoenix force. She is rarely important in the modern day. That is, of course, more so the fault of the writers than anything else though.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I counted those among my longer list of reasons. Some I feel are legit problems, others are just personal preference, and key aversions points she hits with me.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@cattlebattle: I counted those among my longer list of reasons. Some I feel are legit problems, others are just personal preference, and key aversions points she hits with me.

The alternate reality thing was a problem from the beginning. When she first shows up the purpose of her character is to prevent the Days of Future Past events from happening.....and that, is always a cool narrative conflict for a character, what kind of soul less person would not like Terminator after all. Then, after its revealed she is from an alternate reality, she is just stunted and kind of loses all purpose...."Oh well, I am just going to make a life with my dead friends who aren't dead here". You would figure her primary goal would be to find the past of her actual reality and stop her future from happening, but I guess with all that was going on with the X-Men comics in the mid 80s, Claremont lost direction with her.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dernman
@darthphoenix said:

then why waste your time in reading a post for the character you hate. isn't it a waste of time and energy for you? just how stupid can you get?

First of cool it with the attitude. I've been cool towards you so there is no need for insults. Second why "waste your time" replying to me without tagging me to make sure I get it? I don't hate her. I dislike her. There are other reasons for going into threads of characters you dislike.

• You might be interested in the topic. I.E. Casting choices which I am.
  • Having a dislike in a character does not equal a disinterest in said character
  • You just might have something to share.
  • or a various amount of other reasons.

No matter the reason it's for me to decide if it's a worth posting.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dernman
@cattlebattle said:

@dernman said:

The alternate reality thing was a problem from the beginning. When she first shows up the purpose of her character is to prevent the Days of Future Past events from happening.....and that, is always a cool narrative conflict for a character, what kind of soul less person would not like Terminator after all. Then, after its revealed she is from an alternate reality, she is just stunted and kind of loses all purpose...."Oh well, I am just going to make a life with my dead friends who aren't dead here". You would figure her primary goal would be to find the past of her actual reality and stop her future from happening, but I guess with all that was going on with the X-Men comics in the mid 80s, Claremont lost direction with her.

Agreed. To me she still feels like an out of place outsider. Give me something that makes her own place in the universe. Something to care about. All these years at least to me I get nothing but a just visiting vibe off of her. It's hard to get invested. I'd be more interested if they shipped her off to some kind of Exiles team of time/reality displaced characters, or something

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. She and her excalibur teammates already changed her timeline's future when she reprogrammed the main sentinel not to hurt any living being including the mutants.

2. Phoenix brought her to this timeline after it erased the timeline here she died as askani.

3. It is not her choice to be in this timeline. but she is again here to prevent what happened in her timeline from happening here...reign of apocalypse or reign of the sentinels.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Agreed. To me she still feels like an out of place outsider. Give me something that makes her own place in the universe. Something to care about. All these years at least to me I get nothing but a just visiting vibe off of her. It's hard to get invested. I'd be more interested if they shipped her off to some kind of Exiles team of time/reality displaced characters, or something

Yeah, she is pretty aimless. She did dimension hop when she was apart of "Excalibur", it was also revealed in that series that there is no other version of her in any other reality.....which makes her an anomaly. I think there was supposed to be more to that development but Claremont left that plotline along with other ones in the primary X-Men series when he left Marvel...

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was in house of M that she was said to have no other counterparts in other dimensions. Actually, she is the only character that has a concrete goal/s in her existence. She is born and reborn to prevent apocalypse or the sentinels from taking over earth. This is the reason why she has been a pain in the ass of the JGS students, because she wants them to be prepared for the future.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always been one who likes certain things about Rachel while disliking others. The alternate reality thing has been a problem for me. Her being from the future and trying to prevent it is OK though it also feels like that theme has been done to death as well. I guess it would be unique if there weren't other characters especially in the same family doing the same thing.

If I could rewrite her history, I think I would go less alternate reality child of phoenix force/immaculate conception/jean grey-cyclops daughter and more another way. I think I would keep the DOFP storyline but add to it in that she would be created in a lab from the genetic material of Cyclops and Jean. She's created to be the ultimate living mutant weapon to forcibly bring and end to the conditions mutants suffer. Then I'd pick back up with the DOFP storyline and their struggles with her and the rest of the team struggling and coming to realization that they need to travel into the past to change things. I'm not saying that's any less convoluted or anything but for me it would just be easier to explain with less argument about who is her father and whether it was a phoenix egg- immaculate conception thing.

All that said I like the character but really hate the inconsistencies around her and her power set. Plus having Cable around doesn't really help but that could be changed too I guess

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her story is a bit confusing especially with threads and websites telling different stories. Many say that she is the daughter of the phoenix force itself and scott, but THE TRUTH IS she is just the daughter of scott and jean. In her timeline, the x-men never encountered phoenix. Let us also take into consideration that she came 1st way before cable, stryfe and x-man did. She was the 1st to be called omega level mutant. Being an ex Phoenix host, she said it herself that she only dies just to be reborn again. Though I wouldn't mind if marvel would reboot each and everyone's story and looks as long as her character stays the same.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who knows? maybe singer would be doing a rachel vs apocalypse rather than cable vs apocalypse in the next x-men movie

Didn't Liefield confirm that Cable is going appear in the X-Men movies?

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: Doesn't Rachel have a son or something in another reality...

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HAWK2916

@awesomeperson: yeah I think he's a villain and his codename is Hyperstorm. Its hers and the Richards kid's son

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AwesomePerson

@hawk2916: Oh yeah....

He was created by DeFalco wasn't he...

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jonathan and david richards

Drizzle1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: good call for jean, i always thought amy adams from American Hustle would be a good jean, but ur choice is much better

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drizzle1030: Thanks. Amy is a great choice too though. Rachel Adams is also but from the moment I saw Amanda Righetti i thought she was the perfect Jean. She plays that tragic role well too