Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@koays said:

@night4345 said:
@squares said:

I'm curious as to how Xavier still has anything left to will to people, what with him having died so many times already.

His will probably says: "Don't f up the world while I'm gone."

This....or you know "Hey guys, it's been real. Try not to let any Super-villains steal my brain or anything...cause you know that would suck. Anyway Jean gets the house, she can sign for it when she gets back(you know she will)...she was always my favorite"

No Caption Provided

Yep, she's definitely the favourite.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#52  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@hawk2916 said:

@oldnightcrawler: First of all Ive never questioned anyone being a fan. I merely state my opinions and defend them when someone tries to invalidate what Ive said. It was stated by one the peoe I responded to that a reboot would be the worst thing ever and I disagreed.

so, I was just supposed to know that this:

@hawk2916 said:

@oldnightcrawler: Not really. The worst thing ever is fans that will accept any and everything and try to justify it all

wasn't directed at me?

Because that's how it came off. Maybe that's because I'm pretty sure you've accused me of that before, or maybe I just misunderstood, but all I was doing was responding to the idea that a fan -any fan's- opinion about what they enjoy needs to be justified.

I happen to think things are messed up and just because you are loving it right now, does that make me less of a fan? The idea of a reboot is what I feel can straight some of the convoluted mess out.

yeah, I get that. It's just that, to me, even if I'm not enjoying every book, they all still make sense to me and don't seem any more convoluted than X-men comics have been at any other point.

So, from my perspective, your solution not only eliminates the stories that I've been enjoying in the books that are out now, but replaces it with an all new version of the story for reasons I have a hard time not seeing as equally convoluted and gimmicky.

so, I really didn't intend to invalidate your opinion; I was just pointing out that, from my perspective, your solution seems to contradict what you say you see as the problem in the first place.

But as I said I dont care for how things are and I can see flaws and alot of empty writing and gimmicks which I decide to point out from time to time. If you dont see anything wrong and love, then more power to you enjoy it. But dont try to invalidate anothers opinion because they dont praise the current writers and the direction they are going. And by the same token dont think Im taking a personal shot at you because I happen to disagree

alright, like I said, from the way your response was worded, I think I had reason to think you were taking a shot at my opinion as being uncritical and, for that reason, of lesser value than your own. But if you say that's not how you meant it, then whatever.

As I've said, I never meant to invalidate your opinion, I simply disagreed with it and tried to explain why. Like any two people, I'm sure there are things we'll just never agree on, but we're both just trying to make our opinions known, and I think we can disagree and still respect that neither of our opinions are any more valid than the other's, yeah?

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@hawk2916: @lordofallhumans: if I wanted a reboot I'd read DC :P I don't want to lose years of stories, they should use continuity as a instrument, not fear it.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@squares said:

@koays said:

@night4345 said:
@squares said:

I'm curious as to how Xavier still has anything left to will to people, what with him having died so many times already.

This....or you know "Hey guys, it's been real. Try not to let any Super-villains steal my brain or anything...cause you know that would suck. Anyway Jean gets the house, she can sign for it when she gets back(you know she will)...she was always my favorite"

No Caption Provided

Yep, she's definitely the favourite.

Well his other options were a snowman who hides his tears with jokes, a smart big guy who he probably knew was morally questionable, a rich kid with bird wings, and a guy with repression, suppression, and Daddy issues....maybe he just loves Jean for being so close to normal

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This issue was a massive let-down.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Or, you know, he could have fallen in love with someone who wasn't 16.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rodwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:

@hawk2916: @lordofallhumans: if I wanted a reboot I'd read DC :P I don't want to lose years of stories, they should use continuity as a instrument, not fear it.

I totally agree with this. To me when they have jumping on points it often feels like a reboot to me. When they started marvel now it seemed like although the past was still valid, they were still able to bring some thing new to the table with the x titles.

There has been some discussion here about storm leaving the JGS for her solo book, did anyone else pick up on the conversation with psylock in the hanger bay where she mentions how she doesnt like the headmistress side of her personality? Maybe a hint at leaving it?

Also i like scotts team at the moment with emma and magik in it, so dont want to lose them, i just want them to push the revolution idea more. I dont know how they can do that but i want them to be more revolutionary. I want scott to shock me more, he was right after all and the avengers were wrong. Phoenix did bring back the mutants, Ive been imagining if the avengers plans had actually work. What if they had stopped the phoenix force in space before it reached earth like they tried too? Or what if wolverine had killed hope like he was planning on?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By adamTRMM

Cmon guys did anyone really expect 'the last will' to be revealed in just one issue?

@hawk2916:

To be honest, after learning the ways of the Ultimate then considered to be replacement and even with Morrison's 'reinnovaition' I wouldn't trust current Marvel with the reboot. Also, what about all the great developments and twists that made us love the franchise even more? All this will be eliminated for a teen 'woe is me hated and feared' super hero once again? It'll take years to bring the franchise to the point of enjoyment and no one promises it'll be enjoyable or even worthy of waiting.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Cmon guys did anyone really expect 'the last will' to be revealed in just one issue?

@hawk2916:

To be honest, after learning the ways of the Ultimate then considered to be replacement and even with Morrison's 'reinnovaition' I wouldn't trust current Marvel with the reboot. Also, what about all the great developments and twists that made us love the franchise even more? All this will be eliminated for a teen 'woe is me hated and feared' super hero once again? It'll take years to bring the franchise to the point of enjoyment and no one promises it'll be enjoyable or even worthy of waiting.

Idk, I think a softer reboot wouldn't be as bad. The Batman books over at DC for example were only lightly changed with the reboot isome areas (Batman is younger, but all his recent history is the same) while other areas were completely edited (Catwoman wasn't a prostitute, only one Batgirl etc..). it could work.

Really, I'm on the side of the relaunch. Just give the books 5 months to wrap up then put them on hiatus for 3 and then do a relaunch of all the titles and claim there was a time skip. It'll give us cool down time that we've needed (i mean seriously we still feel effects from Schism, let alone AvX and BotA) and Marvel can do a new jump on point. Everybody wins.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@adamtrmm: My point was that a reboot in my opinion wouldnt be any worse than what we have now. I dont see all this great character development. What I see is the constant reliance on the Phoenix and time travel as well as a lack creativity. I see alot of gimmicky events and ridiculous character deaths that really help nothing. I see too much crossing over and reliance/intergrating with the Avengers. I tend to think that there are just too many so called xmen and therefore we not only get anti-climactic stories but new characters constantly introduced without establishing the others. I will say one thing I will agree with you on is the amount of trust in Marvel to do it right at this point, which frankly I dont have. All Im saying is in my opinion something needs to change.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By HAWK2916

@koays: I agree with this. But sometimes its like you cant voice that opinion without some people getting all bent out of shape about it. I mean would it really be such a bad thing? Im sorry but I think it would be a nice move. Im also for the xmen being in a seperate universe. God forbid that statement might start a war

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By adamTRMM

@koays: @hawk2916:

Well, let's be honest with ourselves, this reboot will mean another take on the classic stories, from Xavier recruiting students (same ones pretty much) fighting another Magneto's Brotherhood with the list of other same ones from different angles that goes on and we all know that. Can you see another option? Also, there'll be no Claremont' Magneto, no post-Decimation Cyclops, and no other compelling plots that you found incredible and they did happen, and we'll have to fully trust those new creators to shape the X-verse so it'll have at least the same great backstory? And whose promise is that?

The worst things to happen to X-verse have happened because of bad writing and editorial mandates, what will save the next X-men from that exactly? I know the answer, I guess you do as well.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@poisonfleur: wouldn't they just be co-headmistresses than? Or was that a joke?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: @adamtrmm: The thing with X-Men is that there's SO much stuff there that to completely restart, or to say "history changed and we have a completely new world", would risk losing a lot more then we could gain. But considering how stop and start the books are at the moment I think we could use a big period of exploration of a fresh new world/status quo.

Uncanny just spent 20 something issues with an overarching mystery that was important because it was derailing Cyclops' "revolution"...the resolution was "Dark Beast hates Cyclops, but he's gone now". WatX-Men is doing a story about the importance an mystique of the future phoenix avatar, when the last era of the X-Men ended with the words "No More Phoenix". Lets not talk about "Maddie and Selene are back, but their gone now".

The writers don't seem to be building toward anything, and are more just telling oneshot stories that go nowhere and aren't important at all. The exception is Wood because, aside from the Selene/Maddie thing, he's done a Claremont-style job of creating something(Shogo) making it kinda important for one arc, then coming back to it later to explore it on a bigger scale (Shogo's dad). But over all everyone else seems to just tell unimportant stories that aren't referenced after the next big event that "shakes things up".

With a reboot, a new universe, a franchise time-skip, or a soft relaunch; there's so much to explore about the "new" world as a whole that it'll at least feel like something is happening. Plus every time the writers do something it will be new ground, and i doubt even the worst ones could do something to make an entirely fresh world uninteresting too quickly. There's so much potential they can't even screw it up with 3 Phoenix forces timetraveling to an alternate future to save some X-Men's future kid from a world ruled by Apocalypse Sentinels....because even those cliche's would have potential in this new world that they don't now.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I just want good stories. I want coherency. I want development. I want my favorite characters and favorite team actually sounding like themselves. I want progression. I want culturally and socially relevant allegories that pertain to the aforementioned characters in contextually concordant stories. If what it takes is a reboot, then so be it.

So long as they keep Spurrier, Claremont, PAD and Wood then i'm fine. Everyone else is pretty much stumped for ideas atm. Also, it's so important to actually have a passion for the characters that you're writing. And a good portion of the readers need to be able to feel and see that on every single damn panel that gets dished out. We've had so many contributory writers/artists who've been given the main-title gigs in the X-World who clearly (as evinced by piss-poor characterization and tautological storylines that add nothing to the mythos) aren't big fans of the X-Men--and on the rare occasion that they are, for some reason this passion only manages to encompass a handful of characters, or, more accurately, Cyclops and Wolverine. There's just not enough passion or heart. Bendis is the biggest perpetrator of bizarre, detrimental character-deconstructive storylines veiled under the seemingly believable guise of "*snort* *snort* *snort* haha i love these characters lol theres just so much growing for them to do and am really interested to see wher it goes" when the reality begs to differ.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I just want good stories. I want coherency. I want development. I want my favorite characters and favorite team actually sounding like themselves. I want progression. I want culturally and socially relevant allegories that pertain to the aforementioned characters in contextually concordant stories. If what it takes is a reboot, then so be it.

So long as they keep Spurrier, Claremont, PAD and Wood then i'm fine. Everyone else is pretty much stumped for ideas atm. Also, it's so important to actually have a passion for the characters that you're writing. And a good portion of the readers need to be able to feel and see that on every single damn panel that gets dished out. We've had so many contributory writers/artists who've been given the main-title gigs in the X-World who clearly (as evinced by piss-poor characterization and tautological storylines that add nothing to the mythos) aren't big fans of the X-Men--and on the rare occasion that they are, for some reason this passion only manages to encompass a handful of characters, or, more accurately, Cyclops and Wolverine. There's just not enough passion or heart. Bendis is the biggest perpetrator of bizarre, detrimental character-deconstructive storylines veiled under the seemingly believable guise of "*snort* *snort* *snort* haha i love these characters lol theres just so much growing for them to do and am really interested to see wher it goes" when the reality begs to differ.

No Caption Provided

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

More shaking up the status quo. Marvel seems to be doing that every other month.

rodwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want good stories. I want coherency. I want development. I want my favorite characters and favorite team actually sounding like themselves. I want progression. I want culturally and socially relevant allegories that pertain to the aforementioned characters in contextually concordant stories.

Totally agree minus the reboot.

@koays said:

@hawk2916: @adamtrmm:

Uncanny just spent 20 something issues with an overarching mystery that was important because it was derailing Cyclops' "revolution"...the resolution was "Dark Beast hates Cyclops, but he's gone now".

Was anyone else a bit disappointed with this ending?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rodwell: I mean he got what? Two lines and a panel before it was over?... I thought they'd at least talk about it afterwards, but woe is Bendis even the good stuff is only halfway there

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@koays said:

@rodwell: I mean he got what? Two lines and a panel before it was over?... I thought they'd at least talk about it afterwards, but woe is Bendis even the good stuff is only halfway there

That's Bendis, consistently disappointing.

ValiantOne89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone think that the real Jean should be at least recognized?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rodwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: Thats true, and i still have questions, when did he infect them with nano sentinels? are their powers ok now? and why does he hate scotts team so much?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

Well, after enlisting some of the reasons why reboot would be a bad decision you then said that reboot is needed, am I correct? :)

@rodwell said:

Was anyone else a bit disappointed with this ending?

It was a challenge to not be. And Bendis is the challenger!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Basically I understand the difficulty around it and why it's not an appealing option to some. But what the reboot represents, a chance for all the books to explore the material/world a little more is appealing enough to be worth it.

Again we could get the same results (and I would prefer it over the reboot) if they just did a hiatus For a few months and relaunched the titles after a time skip. But the current idea of "event> new team> shake up> event> new team> shake up" as a pattern is doing more harm then good because there's nothing to really attach to.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

I only like the Dazzler moments and that's it.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By adamTRMM

@koays:

Didn't you say a soft reboot ? I mean wasn't that the point of the whole Marvel Now! thing, an attempt of this soft relaunch with new bestseller writers and new titles to nominate the new era? Look what we've got instead ;-) I mean I enjoy three X-books right now, it's just the main titles that lack quality, but then that actually those bestsellers with their flawed vision of the X-world are the ones who drag the titles down, while there was so much potential it was almost disorienting.

What I say is it will get the same grand architects to build a new world, and I don't trust them. At all.

I'll better wait for someone who'll make sense out of it with some exquisite writing.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Koays

@adamtrmm: Idk when i think of a relaunch, i think of when Morrison left the books and all the titles switched creative teams. It had a justified reason in story, and you pretty much had an overall theme that we were exploring this new period for the X-Men. And while we had great creators, it would've been easy to give us more of the same of the things that Morrison's Era was giving us and follow more of his path but instead they started to really explore the knew Post-Morrison X-Men.

You make a good point though, I mean there's a good chance we could end up with Aaron, Bendis, Fraction and some new equally controversial figure leading us on this new path. But at least we'd be going somewhere. Right now a lot of the stories just aren't progressing, there's a vague theme across the books of "the future isn't set in stone" but very little is being done with the material. With a relaunch/reboot/whatever, you can't just avoid the exploration of the material because if say "Mystique takes over an island and declares it for mutants" you have to explain the how's and why's of the situation as well as how it effects world were reintroduced to.

It's sort of like how when All New and Uncanny X-Men were launched, the first few issues were great because they were establishing the motivations as well as the consequences of Cyclops and his team's/O5's actions and how they played into things. We saw how they effected the world as whole, the other X-Men and even the Avengers and Shield. Now....both teams have done very little to further their goals and are pretty much stuck in an "Adventure of the week" pattern instead of advancing past their premise.

To me it's a completely different idea to give the creators a situation and time during which they HAVE to be creative, then to bring in Wood, Latour, Kyle and Yost call it a jumping on point and hope they'll be better then their predecessors between now and the next jumping on point.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

I dunno, all I can think about is Ultimate X-men where a pretty talented writer was retelling the classics with his own style, and that's the only option I can see happening with every other writer. For me it did work with Ultimates, seeing them as imperfect assholes with a star fever was amusing, but that can be accepted by me as I don't care for the Avengers as much as I do for X-men and mutant mythos in general. And thinking about sacrificing some of the most compelling stories and concepts for God knows what doesn't look as a promising perspective. Of course, that's IMO.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Well when you bring up Ultimate X-Men, i can see your point clearly.

Still i wouldn't mind the X-Books at least going on hiatus for a while, so that the current writers can come up with better thought out plots and a direction for the titles.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Well when you bring up Ultimate X-Men, i can see your point clearly.

Still i wouldn't mind the X-Books at least going on hiatus for a while, so that the current writers can come up with better thought out plots and a direction for the titles.

Age of Apocalypse style? Wait a second.......

;)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Hey! Some people consider that a classic.......

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#84  Edited By Veitha

Which writer from other books would you like for the X-Books?

Hickman? Gillen? Soule? Remender(on the main X-Books instead of Bendis, Latour/Aaron and Wood)

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By adamTRMM
@koays said:

Hey! Some people consider that a classic.......

I do............................................

@veitha said:

Which writer from other books would you like for the X-Books?

Hickman? Gillen? Soule? Remender(on the main X-Books instead of Bendis, Latour/Aaron and Wood)

Hickman? Interesting. Gillen? Absolutely. Soule and Remender? God forbid!

Wood started as a damn promising X-writer, I don't understand what happened to him with the second run :(

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remender would be great imo. I think Gillen could do well given another shot and Hickman could be interestin writing about the JGS side of things. Soule I'd have to see more of what he does with Inhumans first. Others I'd like to see are Pak, Carey and Spurrier who's killing it on Xforce

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#87 god_spawn  Moderator

Saw the preview for issue 24 and I remembered back to leaked image of Emma being happy and everyone else being like wha? I think it's Kitty that will be the new owner. I can see Emma being given it, but I find it doubtful it happens. It would be almost too obvious. But given both hers and Kitty's relationship and their reactions, I am going to go with that direction. And I've heard in some recent interviews with him that Emma will be the primary figure in some future story arcs. So if she leaves, I just see that being hard to do. Regardless, Kitty getting the school would be an out of left field decision. I think the leaked image could fit that statement. But I could be wrong here. And if I am, I am. I'm just going off what I have heard and think will happen.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I saw that preview too. Could it really be so obvious that its Scott who gets it? I doubt it just because but maybe its Rachel. Anyway it would be something if Bendis was really looking to end the Schism. Though I doubt thats the case

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Koays

All I got from the recent preview is no one is surprised when Rachel keep secrets about Scott. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if once a week she and Scott facetime.

And why doesn't Shehulk know Scott killed Xavier? Does everyone else outside the X-men just not acknowledge AvX?

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is how I C it. A reboot would make it worst. A continuity would cause so much damage that it cannot B repaired. Marvel just don't seem to what direction take anymore so, destruction is what they can think of. We are to C severe Destruction of Marvel. I believe is not the first or last time we C this coming.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 god_spawn  Moderator

@hawk2916: I doubt Scott gets it. It would be too obvious. I think Emma getting it would be obvious too, but so much. And no one should be surprised,( referring to leaked panels) if she does. She is obviously the most qualified, but I think someone else would. That's why I'm thinking it might be Kitty. She would be a random person, is the teacher of the new 05, so is sort of like the "pseudo Xavier" to them. I know old Chuck didn't know about them, but I could see it just based on how things fell into place. And how she is like "wha" in the leaked image and it would be a good laugh on Emma's part. But that would be only if everything fell into the right place. Idk. We have a few days to wait then to find out.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kitty gets it. Bendis wants Kitty to have everything, so she will get the school, eventually.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Koays

If its Emma, it would be cool to watch her run it but still be a part of Uncanny....sorta like how Magneto's stuff happens on the weekends but he's still in Uncanny

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Scott and Emma getting it is way to obvious... Even for Bendis... but then again it's Bendis...

Although, Emma and Scott getting it could explain her happy face and Wolvie's face is like "Are you effing kidding me?"....

But even that shouldn't Scott be happy, he's got Logan's school... It's a great way to boss him around!!!

So unlikely that Emma and/or Scott have gotten the school...

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Xavier Married MYSTIQUE, of all people HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. He didn't just knock her up, she was actually his wife and now the legal owner of Xavier's institute LOL !

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rodwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By rodwell

@koays said:

@night4345 said:
@squares said:

Lol, im stuff the house i just want to know who get his old wheel chair?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This issue was eh. More of a let down.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#99  Edited By John Valentine

Well, damn. Xavier, you old bastard! So, Deadly Genesis, imprisoning Danger, being part of the Illuminati, various other mind-wiping offences throughout the ages. Xavier's arguably just a bit of a sh!t.

I wonder what happened?

This means that Iceman, Wolverine and Xavier have all slept with the same woman (as have Forge, Sabretooth and Azrael).

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 god_spawn  Moderator

I laughed...really hard. I'm not even mad. I found this hysterical.