• 66 results
#1 Posted by Chapmar (189 posts) - - Show Bio

The original X-men Avengers are coming back from the past to see how their lives have turned out!

Really?

Thoughts?

#2 Edited by XsPectre28 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

usless..... trying to take another good plot from X-men.

#3 Edited by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel seemed to have went from the "House of ideas" to "Lets use one idea over an over".

#4 Posted by HAWK2916 (1585 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing I hate the most about this, is that with Hickman writing, the story will most likely be much better than that travesty we got. I'm willing to bet that at the end of this story or arc we will be saying that this how the Xmen story should have gone

#5 Posted by XsPectre28 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916: thats the whole point, they are using X-men as the platform & they are learning from all the mistakes to further boost Avengers fan while X-men who has dominated the marvel industry for years continues to decline.

#6 Posted by HAWK2916 (1585 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly and when you have a writer basically re-doing a story that Aaron primarily came up with, then of course the second incarnation will be easily the superior story. In all honesty sometimes I wish Xmen would go to IDW or Boom or Dark Horse and take some of the writers that also write for those comics anyway, and be the number one that it's supposed to be. I like both Xmen and Avengers but imo Xmen are far superior and these last few years have really aggravated me as a fan to see them placed on the back burner after carrying the marvel franchise for years. You mention Marvel and most people think Spiderman and Xmen hands down

#7 Edited by Chapmar (189 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that Bendis is a better writer than Hickman. I love the both of them but I think Hickman's avengers is really pretty poor.

#8 Edited by XsPectre28 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916 said:

Exactly and when you have a writer basically re-doing a story that Aaron primarily came up with, then of course the second incarnation will be easily the superior story. In all honesty sometimes I wish Xmen would go to IDW or Boom or Dark Horse and take some of the writers that also write for those comics anyway, and be the number one that it's supposed to be. I like both Xmen and Avengers but imo Xmen are far superior and these last few years have really aggravated me as a fan to see them placed on the back burner after carrying the marvel franchise for years. You mention Marvel and most people think Spiderman and Xmen hands down

so true, but moving the X-men to a new Universe or planet wont be the answer & honestly Why does it have to be the Mutants/X-men to move... i think that The X-men have Defended The 616 universe more and are more influential to its preservation that Avengers are.

#9 Posted by HAWK2916 (1585 posts) - - Show Bio

yea im just speaking in terms of what life would be like at Marvel without the Xmen. Talk about taking a big hit. I think it would be a case of not knowing how good something was until it's gone.

I want Xmen to be given the priority they deserve not a backseat. But this portrayal of the Avengers as the big leagues and the fact that there's constantly an attempt to take Xmen members away from the X-books and put them in the Avengers, is really ridiculous to me and tiresome

#10 Posted by Koays (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

Smh, The new mutant struggle is trying to protect their sales from writers who hate and fear there story potential and character strength and see it as a threat to Captain America.

#11 Edited by XsPectre28 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

because other than being a Good Movie the avengers have been on a slippery slope since Scarlet Witch started Destroying them from the inside (Disassembled)

#12 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic fans are the best at overreacting

#13 Edited by XsPectre28 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

Smh, The new mutant struggle is trying to protect their sales from writers who hate and fear there story potential and character strength and see it as a threat to Captain America.

THIS!!!!!!

#14 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously?! They just did this story with the X-Men. Why not just come up with a more original story for the Avengers like Infinity?

#15 Posted by XsPectre28 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabbitearsblog: because they are stealing the x-men writers & they are recycling the storylines they used on X-men. wouldnt be shocked if someone doesnt write a storyline where the avengers all become hated & have to flee to an island or a spacestation or hijack a hellicarrier to be their new home/base

#16 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabbitearsblog: because they are stealing the x-men writers & they are recycling the storylines they used on X-men. wouldnt be shocked if someone doesnt write a storyline where the avengers all become hated & have to flee to an island or a spacestation or hijack a hellicarrier to be their new home/base

I can definitely see that happening, although not now since their movies are selling so well.

#17 Edited by Xwraith (15212 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

Ironically, Remender is doing Captain America now.

What does that have to do with anything? I always say that I wouldn't be surprised if his X-Force is the last great mutant story.

#18 Posted by Koays (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

What does that have to do with anything? I always say that I wouldn't be surprised if his X-Force is the last great mutant story.

Shame considering I always hoped that with all these X-men the next great mutant story would feature at least have of them

#19 Posted by Xwraith (15212 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

Shame considering I always hoped that with all these X-men the next great mutant story would feature at least have of them

Things would be a lot better if House of M hadn't happened - which from what I've heard, happened for the same reason One More Day did (i.e. Quesada wants the Marvel Universe to be more like when he was a kid).

#20 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar:

Oh does that mean we can look forward to teen Avengers(o5) vs teen X-Men(o5), the mother of all story telling??? lol

#21 Posted by XsPectre28 (714 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

Things would be a lot better if House of M hadn't happened - which from what I've heard, happened for the same reason One More Day did (i.e. Quesada wants the Marvel Universe to be more like when he was a kid).

Really??? Does that mean Cyclops and jean grey would get back together??? Or Jean Grey will come back alive(in all new-x-men)I like HoM it was new and it took the x-men in a whole new way. If Jean grey comes back can they erase HoM from excistence?(we all know that wouldnt have happened if jg was alive)

#23 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1358 posts) - - Show Bio
@chapmar said:

I believe that Bendis is a better writer than Hickman. I love the both of them but I think Hickman's avengers is really pretty poor.

Hickman's Avengers is miles better than Bendis's Avengers (No pun intended)

#24 Posted by XsPectre28 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

Really??? Does that mean Cyclops and jean grey would get back together??? Or Jean Grey will come back alive(in all new-x-men)I like HoM it was new and it took the x-men in a whole new way. If Jean grey comes back can they erase HoM from excistence?(we all know that wouldnt have happened if jg was alive)

ur right couldnt have done HOM if Jean/Phoenix was still alive as with some of the other storylines.... permanently bonding Jean & the Phoenix made for a reason to have her removed from certain stories but i still feel that The real jean will be the one to restore the fractured timeline due to AoU... she did it before

#25 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: omg dont do that, say it isnt so not and O5 vs. OA

lol

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

ur right couldnt have done HOM if Jean/Phoenix was still alive as with some of the other storylines.... permanently bonding Jean & the Phoenix made for a reason to have her removed from certain stories but i still feel that The real jean will be the one to restore the fractured timeline due to AoU... she did it before

The Real Jean? What about Teen jean that would be awesome too, I going to keep an eye on teen jean for now. "Trail of Jean Grey " looks good.

#26 Edited by XsPectre28 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

@xspectre28 said:

lol

@xspectre28 said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

The Real Jean? What about Teen jean that would be awesome too, I going to keep an eye on teen jean for now. "Trail of Jean Grey " looks good.

i love teen jean dont get me wrong but i have hope for Jean Jean & her return to the x-men

#27 Edited by Koays (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@xspectre28 said:

lol

@xspectre28 said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

Real Jean needs to comeback just to have somebody fresh to weigh in on the non-sense going on in X-books. And does anybody know if the Avengers are stuck in this time or going back? I'm not touching this issue

#28 Posted by XsPectre28 (714 posts) - - Show Bio
@koays said:

@xspectre28 said:

lol

@xspectre28 said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

Real Jean needs to comeback just to have somebody fresh to weigh in on the non-sense going on in X-books. And does anybody know if the Avengers are stuck in this time or going back? I'm not touching this issue

thats a good question, as we saw during BOTA atom that most of the X-men that came to the present from the future were able to return the issue was that the O5 were here when AoU happened leaving them trapped so i think the OA can return unless we have another time-flux-issue

#29 Posted by Koays (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

@xspectre28 said:

lol

@xspectre28 said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

thats a good question, as we saw during BOTA atom that most of the X-men that came to the present from the future were able to return the issue was that the O5 were here when AoU happened leaving them trapped so i think the OA can return unless we have another time-flux-issue

Smh.... I'm in a perfect world, Jean Grey comes back as the white phoenix and uses all her power to burn away all the time travel plot devices, then she sticks around for a while to do some storylines without god-level power

#30 Posted by XsPectre28 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

@xspectre28 said:
@koays said:

@xspectre28 said:

lol

@xspectre28 said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

Smh.... I'm in a perfect world, Jean Grey comes back as the white phoenix and uses all her power to burn away all the time travel plot devices, then she sticks around for a while to do some storylines without god-level power

yes... we saw in "Here Comes Tomorrow" That Jean has the power to reach back & repair timelines, which is why they wont bring her back cause she could reach back & stop any of the whack Events/crossover events since her death

#31 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@xspectre28 said:

lol

@xspectre28 said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

i love teen jean dont get me wrong but i have hope for Jean Jean & her return to the x-men

But sadly marvel is aganist bringing jean grey back since cyclops moved on with emma frost. Although their not together anymore, but i will not get my hopes up because i've been let down by marvel before(sisterhood arc, hope summers at the start(jean grey reborn?), avx(although she made a apearance to scott weird) They like to tease and its unfair that jean's whole purpose is centered around cyclops. She was strong with or without him. More importantly if the adult/real jean grey comes back who would she date(after staying single for awhile of course)? Please dont say cyclops or wolverine, lol

#32 Posted by XsPectre28 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

@xspectre28 said:

@xspectre28 said:

lol

@xspectre28 said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

But sadly marvel is aganist bringing jean grey back since cyclops moved on with emma frost. Although their not together anymore, but i will not get my hopes up because i've been let down by marvel before(sisterhood arc, hope summers at the start(jean grey reborn?), avx(although she made a apearance to scott weird) They like to tease and its unfair that jean's whole purpose is centered around cyclops. She was strong with or without him. More importantly if the adult/real jean grey comes back who would she date(after staying single for awhile of course)? Please dont say cyclops or wolverine, lol

ur right, but why does she have to date.... she could also step outside the x-men bubble to date... imagine Jean Grey Marrying Capt. America.... the X-Avengers would be united forever

#33 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

@xspectre28 said:
@koays said:

@xspectre28 said:

lol

@xspectre28 said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

yes... we saw in "Here Comes Tomorrow" That Jean has the power to reach back & repair timelines, which is why they wont bring her back cause she could reach back & stop any of the whack Events/crossover events since her death

Or the time-space continum can break and fall apart and everyone gets sucked into it and marvel just reboots all the comics for a new generation of people just like dc comics did and get funny storylines like superman did date wonderwoman. All comic will only be availble online and not at the comicbook store, which would suck for me because i get my comics at the comicbook store. The universe screws with me again, lol

#34 Posted by Koays (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@xspectre28 said:

@xspectre28 said:

lol

@xspectre28 said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

ur right, but why does she have to date.... she could also step outside the x-men bubble to date... imagine Jean Grey Marrying Capt. America.... the X-Avengers would be united forever

I'd cry at that wedding, for all the wrong reasons.

#35 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

@xspectre28 said:

@xspectre28 said:

@xspectre28 said:

lol

@xspectre28 said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

@xwraith said:

@koays said:

No marvel would never marry off capt. america, who is clearly married to america, lol. Although dating an avenger would be an insult to cyclops at least i think it would be. I cant think of any normal guys of the avengers to date jean grey(ironman? eww, hulk? god no)

I wouldnt mind if jean dates starlord of the GotG(plus hes the leader and as funny as spiderman) or joins theGotG(jean and starlord dating could be the next spideman and mary jane just to fill the void)

#36 Edited by Koays (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

@xspectre28 said:

No marvel would never marry off capt. america, who is clearly married to america, lol. Although dating an avenger would be an insult to cyclops at least i think it would be. I cant think of any normal guys of the avengers to date jean grey(ironman? eww, hulk? god no)

I wouldnt mind if jean dates starlord of the GotG(plus hes the leader and as funny as spiderman) or joins theGotG(jean and starlord dating could be the next spideman and mary jane just to fill the void)

I'm with the whole Jean not dating thing. Ask the average fan and they'd say Jean Grey is known for 3 things: Phoenix/dying, Cyclops, and Wolverine.

Even teen Jean kinda bothers me how every 3 issues she's with a different member of the O5(next week its Bobby :) ) I bet past Thor doesn't make flirty eyes Past Antman to get him and Hulk to fight....wait nevermind they have Wasp

#37 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

@koays said:

@xspectre28 said:

I'm with the whole Jean not dating thing. Ask the average fan and they'd say Jean Grey is known for 3 things: Phoenix/dying, Cyclops, and Wolverine.

Even teen Jean kinda bothers me how every 3 issues she's with a different member of the O5(next week its Bobby :) ) I bet past Thor doesn't make flirty eyes Past Antman to get him and Hulk to fight....wait nevermind they have Wasp

lol no one is desperate to date bobby especially teen, immature bobby.

#38 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@xspectre28: Would love to see adult Jean return but dating an Avenger, no thank you I like both teams dating within their organization thank you.

#39 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@xspectre28: Would love to see adult Jean return but dating an Avenger, no thank you I like both teams dating within their organization thank you.

Really??? like adult jean and adult beast???lol Cyclops would go even more nuts

#40 Posted by McKlayn (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

why do we care who jean dates <.<

#41 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:

why do we care who jean dates <.<

Cause its fun

#42 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@tigerkaya said:

I thought he was already nuts.

#43 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@tigerkaya said:

I thought he was already nuts.

Well to be fair he went nuts and after the phoenix left him, he seems pretty "normal" now

#44 Posted by poisonfleur (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar said:

The original X-men Avengers are coming back from the past to see how their lives have turned out!

Really?

Thoughts?

Another great X-men story or character stolen by the Avengers.. sigh

#45 Posted by Chapmar (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar said:

Hickman's Avengers is miles better than Bendis's Avengers (No pun intended)

I could not disagree more. I was a huge avengers fan until Hickman took over, then I left the book altogether because I had no interest in it or the 'Avengers' he portrays.

@chapmar:

Oh does that mean we can look forward to teen Avengers(o5) vs teen X-Men(o5), the mother of all story telling??? lol

This is quite possibly the best thing I have heard all week!

#46 Posted by MatteoPG (1921 posts) - - Show Bio

This is really a bad sign. I mean, I can see how bringin back the past x-men would make a little (very little, amost none) sense, what with them being all messed up and split up.

But I don't see what good would it make to have the past avengers back. Is Marvel doing a new 52 during the course of a couple of years. Will we have all new fantastic 4, all new spider man (although we kinda have that now... you know what I mean).

#47 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@matteopg said:

This is really a bad sign. I mean, I can see how bringin back the past x-men would make a little (very little, amost none) sense, what with them being all messed up and split up.

But I don't see what good would it make to have the past avengers back. Is Marvel doing a new 52 during the course of a couple of years. Will we have all new fantastic 4, all new spider man (although we kinda have that now... you know what I mean).

Yeah the x-men needed some good news/morale boost after the horrible avx.

#48 Posted by MatteoPG (1921 posts) - - Show Bio

@matteopg said:

Yeah the x-men needed some good news/morale boost after the horrible avx.

Yeah I think that was the point of it. One can agree or not, but that is the reason. But here? I don't know... I don't think it's a good idea.

#49 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I can say only one thing - Marvel did a bad turn with getting the original X-Men to the present and they are doing it now with the Avengers.I'm just getting tired of Marvel.

#50 Edited by Chapmar (189 posts) - - Show Bio

And seriously... how many Avengers books is there currently all featuring almost the same characters?

4 books?