#1 Posted by Ace_Of_Spades90 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, the girl with firework powers? Is she still in the X-men?

#2 Edited by HAWK2916 (1319 posts) - - Show Bio

Waiting on an explanation in Wood's new book

#3 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't been reading Wood's X-Men but Jubilee has been a vampire for a few years now no?

#4 Edited by Rickbarry (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

@ace_of_spades90 said:

She stole a baby. A baby possessed by sentient alien bacteria.

#5 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

So yeah, vampire baby thief whose kiddo is infected with a sentient techopathic alien bacteria. Sounds pretty bad doesn't it?

#6 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

So yeah, vampire baby thief whose kiddo is infected with a sentient techopathic alien bacteria. Sounds pretty bad doesn't it?

Certainly sounds like a comic book plot.

#7 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood said:

Certainly sounds like a comic book plot.

And like a Dr. Who episode.

#8 Posted by oldnightcrawler (3410 posts) - - Show Bio

She's a vampire now, but has recently trained with a sect of good-guy vampires to control her blood lust. So she's got a whole new set of powers (y'know, vampire powers), but she doesn't have her mutant powers anymore.

She's back with the X-men after having adopted a baby, and has become one of the main characters on Storm's team in the latest volume of Brian Wood's X-men (which, if you like X-men at all, you should be reading; there's only been 3 issues so far).

Personally, I think it's a really unique and smart way to use the character, since I don't know any single teen moms who don't love the X-men. It's a bold demographic to try to represent, and it works really well with the theme of the X-men as a family that Wood's currently exploring.

#9 Posted by Ace_Of_Spades90 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, it's kind of sad that she lost her powers (and became a vampire)... This is going to sound funny, but having watched the animated series as a kid, she was my favorite character. I don't know why. I guess it was the fact that she was always making wisecracks lol. She had a cool, unique power, too.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I'll be sure to check out Brian Wood's X-Men.