• 55 results
#1 Posted by poisonfleur (2923 posts) - - Show Bio

Are the original 5 going back and is Kitty going to coach the new students at Cyclops' school?

#2 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

It isn't still a 100% confirmed, but most probably the O5 are going to stay, or at least most of them, their affiliations are not know, so if their staying with Kitty, Wolverine at the JGS or joining Scott are still just suppositions.

And, Kitty is almost confirmed to be leaving the JGS, based on solicits and a couple of answers from the writers to fan questions, namely Aaron.

#3 Posted by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems like it. cyclopse could use her and the o5 altho i doubt all of them will join. my guess is young cyc stays with wolvie and maybe iceman. jean and beast i see going to cycs team since original beast seems to be going against current beast

#4 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems like it. cyclopse could use her and the o5 altho i doubt all of them will join. my guess is young cyc stays with wolvie and maybe iceman. jean and beast i see going to cycs team since original beast seems to be going against current beast

so.. both schools could end up having a Cyclops, a Beast, an Iceman, an Angel, and a Marvel girl, but from different time periods?

mm.. maybe that's unnecessary?

#5 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

TBH, I feel like most of the O5 will probably join Cyke. Teenclops, even if not completely convinced by his older self's ways, seems to be getting along with him way better than Logan, just like Jean. Warren is already with Cyke and I don't see a reason for him to go back to the JGS.

Beast and Iceman are the two I'm not entirely convinced, and they seem to be getting quite comfortable at the JGS.

#6 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10898 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops team > Wolverines team.

Glad Kitty is jumping aboard the winning team.

#7 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty's character is gonna get ruined if she's secluded to Bendispeak and completely removed from Wood's title. Oh well. Since the O5 have arrived, she's gotten quite...annoying anyways.

#8 Posted by papad1992 (6821 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty's character is gonna get ruined if she's secluded to Bendispeak and completely removed from Wood's title. Oh well. Since the O5 have arrived, she's gotten quite...annoying anyways.

Sad to say but definitely true! Although the banter between her and Emma should be quite enjoyable and refreshening to read!

#9 Posted by Rickbarry (1743 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess I don't mind Kitty showing up on the Uncanny team, but I'd like to see other characters show up on the rsoter before Kitty comes to mind.

#10 Posted by poisonfleur (2923 posts) - - Show Bio

So is it safe to assume that M is replacing Kitty in XX-men?
Since she seems to be the next member of the team and Kitty is leaving the JGS

#11 Posted by HAWK2916 (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

I really am hating this development. Kitty does not belong with Cyclop's team. I'd rather she stay at the JGS or if she cant deal with Storm and the direction the school may be taking then go out on her own and form another team, maybe a search and rescue squad. It might be kinda cool to see her and Rachel form a team with characters like Chamber and Husk and some members of the New Mutants (Cannonball, Dani Moonstar, Sunspot, Magma). She could even join up with Polaris and whoever will form a new X-factor team. In all honesty I have to say that part of me wants the JGS destroyed. It was fine for Wolverine to go off and form new school but he should not be the headmaster or a teacher. Kitty, Beast, Rachel Grey and maybe Rogue should run it while Wolverine and Storm focus on protecting it and being heroes (i.e Xavier's dream)

The O5 need to go back period.

#12 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916: It'd be so damn wonderful if the Amazing X-Men thing was a veiled Excalibur relaunch thingy, where it was actually Kitty and Rachel who went and started the search for Kurt for w/e reason (with their own hand-picked search and rescue team) as opposed to Wolverine et al and Firestar (wtf?!). i wouldn't even mind if Aaron was the one writing it, but Aaron couldn't write an X-Story featuring featuring Wolverine in the rear to save his wife. Oh well.

I'll keep an open mind to Kitty's possible change of sides, but hopefully there's a good enough reason and not something contrived like Bendis/Aaron have usually delivered.

Lol. Who am i kidding ?

#13 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a shame, really, that Kitty would be leaving Wood's X-Men. TBH I do am glad to see her joining Cyke, specially since I love the kind of "frenemies" relationship she's got with Emma, but it's true that staying in just one book, specially when said book is written by Bendis, is not the best for a character.

That's why I want so bad for Emma to appear in other book under the hand of someone like Wood or Hickman. I like Uncanny, I really do, but she needs to also be portrayed by someone other than Bendis.

#14 Posted by HAWK2916 (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane:

Yeah that would be so awesome!!! I wish some of us could make decisions seriously. Ive seen far better ideas,stories and explanations on these boards than what we are currently forced to digest every week and month. I really hate to bitch and complain but Im getting fed up with the current state of things.

Kitty being written by Bendis would be horrible as is his writing of Emma. I cant get with you on the Aaron thing as he is the worst writer there is imo. I don't want him touching anything in my favorite franchise honestly.

Wolverine is no longer a likeable character with all his moping and constant complaining about being a leader and moping about once being a killer then his overall being a little kiss ass lap dog lackey toward whatever Cap and the Avengers want (who coincidentally always say they don't kill but they have Wolverine as part of the team, ridiculous!!!) All these writers and the contradictions is really aggravating to say the least.

#15 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

The more I think about this, the more I find I don't care one way or the other.

yeah, Kitty is probably my second favorite X-man, but my two favorite books right now are real X-Men and Uncanny X-Men, and I can see her being just as interesting in either cast, so, y'know, as long as she has a good role in whichever book she's in.. whatever.

#16 Posted by HAWK2916 (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler:

I like her too. But do you really see her as a revolutionary on Cyclops' team? Or maybe Uncanny will start to take a new direction all together because I have yet to see this so-called revolution

#17 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916 said:

@oldnightcrawler:

I like her too. But do you really see her as a revolutionary on Cyclops' team? Or maybe Uncanny will start to take a new direction all together because I have yet to see this so-called revolution

I guess it doesn't seem like that much of a stretch to me since she was already a mutant revolutionary in Ultimate Comics X-Men. I know that was a different version of the character but, well, aren't they all?

#18 Posted by CheeseSticks (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want my old X-Men back in the same mansion fighting the Brotherhood, the Sentinels, Hellfire club, etc.

#19 Posted by Rickbarry (1743 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm curious as to how they're going to twist her character into joining the squad. I mean, she took the mantle of Xavier and now she's going to join up with the guy that killed Xavier less than a year after it happened? 'Course it's Bendis so I imagine little attention will be paid to this *coughs* minor detail.

#20 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how the o5 can stay. They showed teen scott is directly linked to grownup scott. They stay here, and every time they prevented a world disaster will now happen, time-space yadda yadda, the singularity's about to explode...Go home! Emma or future jean or future xavier should just wipe their minds of the trip right now, no warning, do what o-xavier will do when they get back, then there wouldn't be much more to argue about. Ask for forgiveness not permission kind of thing.

#21 Posted by HAWK2916 (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: yea youre right about that. I wasnt even thinking along those lines but I guess it would fit. Though like someone mentioned not alot of time has gone by for the sudden change. I guess if its explained well then iit might make sense

#22 Posted by JeffimusPrime (2 posts) - - Show Bio

It's probably a long shot but I wonder if All new x-men may switch over to becoming an uncanny x-men sided book. Perhaps following BOTA the 05 decide adult Scott is not as bad as the JGS have been portraying him as. This may lead them to swap sides. Perhaps kitty as the 05 mentor/professor feels she has to stay with them even if that means joining the uncanny x-men. It could be that kitty doesn't agree with the uncanny x-men goals or even like them personally but feels she has to be there for her students. I could see it being a "you don't like me and I sure as hell don't like you, I'm only here because of my students" kind of relationship. Bu switching all new x-men, perhaps Scott and Logan's side’s comics will mirror each other with Amazing x-men and uncanny x-men focusing on the "adult" members of the team and all new x-men and wolverine and the x-men having greater focus on the students/05. That's my theory on why kitty may join uncanny x-men, I know it’s a long shot. I just hope the reason she chooses to join uncanny x-men is more than just she has issues with storm.

#23 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

well im just guessing that maybe the original five join cyclop's team because adult cyclops was the only one who wanted to help them out(like teen cyclops and teen jean) also kitty(with rachel) already said that she didnt agree with taking the children against their will

plus kitty joining because she has to protect her students and jean and her are practically join at the hips....lol

#24 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916 said:

@oldnightcrawler: yea youre right about that. I wasnt even thinking along those lines but I guess it would fit. Though like someone mentioned not alot of time has gone by for the sudden change. I guess if its explained well then iit might make sense

Maybe it's just me, but with superhero comics especially, I find just about any excuse can be good enough for any character, just so long as the story itself is good :v

#25 Posted by Dman1366 (542 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm curious as to how they're going to twist her character into joining the squad. I mean, she took the mantle of Xavier and now she's going to join up with the guy that killed Xavier less than a year after it happened? 'Course it's Bendis so I imagine little attention will be paid to this *coughs* minor detail.

this a thousand times over

#26 Edited by adamTRMM (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

@cheesesticks said:

I just want my old X-Men back in the same mansion fighting the Brotherhood, the Sentinels, Hellfire club, etc.

Please, no. If there's something that will be worse then what's going on "now", it will be this regression (and there is Aaron's Hellfire club, never heard about anyone who was satisfied by it). I mean, don't we all want something new?

As for the topic, Kitty does not belong with the Uncanny, I mean it would be total out of character for her.

#27 Edited by CheeseSticks (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

@cheesesticks said:

Please, no. If there's something that will be worse then what's going on "now", it will be this regression (and there is Aaron's Hellfire club, never heard about anyone who satisfied by it). I mean, don't we all want something new?

As for the topic, Kitty does not belong with the Uncanny, I mean it would be total out of character for her.

So you like BOTA? I personnaly think that these old stories were far better than the mess that's going right now. And please, the Aaron Hellfire Club was a total joke.

#28 Posted by Squares (4667 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

@cheesesticks said:

Please, no. If there's something that will be worse then what's going on "now", it will be this regression (and there is Aaron's Hellfire club, never heard about anyone who satisfied by it). I mean, don't we all want something new?

How is her joining Uncanny out of character?

#29 Edited by adamTRMM (1205 posts) - - Show Bio
@cheesesticks said:

So you like BOTA?

Hell no.

I personnaly think that these old stories were far better than the mess that's going right now. And please, the Aaron Hellfire Club was a total joke.

I don't mind the old stories, what I'm saying is that although I hate Morrison's legacy, I totally agree with him - we need new stories, new enemies, new twists, new sub-species, NEW everything. And yes, there are not so many things I hate so much as I hate Aaron's "Hellfire club".

@squares said:

She is a total "dream of co-existence" protege, how is that "in character" for her to join a man, she accuses of murdering of the founder of this dream? Or, just look at this - Magneto, Magic, Emma Frost and the new Cyclops, how will Kitty fit in?

#30 Posted by Squares (4667 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

@squares said:

She is a total "dream of co-existence" protege, how is that "in character" for her to join a man, she accuses in murder of the founder of this dream? Or, just look at this - Magneto, Magic, Emma Frost and the new Cyclops, how will Kitty fit in?

Okay, first off, that's Magik, with a K. Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine. And fun fact- Illyana and Kitty have quite a bit of history together; whether they're currently friends or not is something that hasn't been explored all that much, though they've been shown to be at odds. So she'd have at least one person to talk to, aside from the students, of course. And in all honesty, Kitty's skill set makes her far more suited to be on the Uncanny team. Not sure if you know this, but she's a fully-trained assassin (or was it a ninja?), and quite a good one at that.

Cyclops was a 'dream of co-existance' protege and look how he turned out. That aside, Kitty has been known to undergo somewhat violent mood swings/sudden changes of personality in the past, who's to say she's not about to have another?

#31 Posted by BloodTalon (421 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope she doesn't join that group of terrorists. I like Kitty and I would like to continue reading a book that she is in and I am not and will not get that book she would be the only one I like on the team. So ya I hope she stays where she is.

#32 Edited by adamTRMM (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

Okay, first off, that's Magik, with a K. Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine.

I know what you mean, I don't make mistakes like this usually.

And fun fact- Illyana and Kitty have quite a bit of history together; whether they're currently friends or not is something that hasn't been explored all that much, though they've been shown to be at odds. So she'd have at least one person to talk to, aside from the students, of course.

A fun fact: just to make a point of hers, Magik manipulated her brother to become a demon's avatar, a condition he hated so much, he broke up with beloved Kitty so it won't affect her. Another fun fact: Magik did this as a showing of her love. I'm sure they'll have a nice talking time.

And in all honesty, Kitty's skill set makes her far more suited to be on the Uncanny team.

Never doubted this, I am only talking about the moral aspects.

Not sure if you know this, but she's a fully-trained assassin (or was it a ninja?), and quite a good one at that.

Which means? She's a killer?

Cyclops was a 'dream of co-existance' protege and look how he turned out. That aside, Kitty has been known to undergo somewhat violent mood swings/sudden changes of personality in the past, who's to say she's not about to have another?

He was a leader of endangered species, which they are no more. And it took years for him to cross the line he didn't actually crossed, as for me. What I mean is his point of view has changed, and it took time. What will be her explanation?

#33 Posted by Squares (4667 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

@squares said:

Okay, first off, that's Magik, with a K. Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine.

I know what you mean, I don't make mistakes like this usually.

And fun fact- Illyana and Kitty have quite a bit of history together; whether they're currently friends or not is something that hasn't been explored all that much, though they've been shown to be at odds. So she'd have at least one person to talk to, aside from the students, of course.

A fun fact: just to make a point of hers, Magik manipulated her brother to become a demon's avatar, a condition he hated so much, he broke up with beloved Kitty so it won't affect her. Another fun fact: Magik did this as a showing of her love.I'm sure they'll have a nice talking time.

And in all honesty, Kitty's skill set makes her far more suited to be on the Uncanny team.

Never doubted this, I am only talking about the moral aspects.

Not sure if you know this, but she's a fully-trained assassin (or was it a ninja?), and quite a good one at that.

Which means? She's a killer?

He was a leader of the endangered species, which they are no more. And it took years for him to cross the line he didn't actually crossed, as for me. What I mean is his point of view has changed, and it took time. What will be her explanation?

Yes, thank you for being patronizing, I read Fear Itself too.

I don't perfectly recall whether she actually killed anyone, but I think she did. The story arc I'm referring to is called Black Sun, if you'd like I can do a little digging to see if she committed murder. But if by killer you mean someone who is capable of and (in certain situations) is willing to kill, then yes, she's a killer.

#34 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

@adamtrmm said:

@squares said:

She is a total "dream of co-existence" protege, how is that "in character" for her to join a man, she accuses in murder of the founder of this dream? Or, just look at this - Magneto, Magic, Emma Frost and the new Cyclops, how will Kitty fit in?

Okay, first off, that's Magik, with a K. Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine. And fun fact- Illyana and Kitty have quite a bit of history together; whether they're currently friends or not is something that hasn't been explored all that much, though they've been shown to be at odds. So she'd have at least one person to talk to, aside from the students, of course. And in all honesty, Kitty's skill set makes her far more suited to be on the Uncanny team. Not sure if you know this, but she's a fully-trained assassin (or was it a ninja?), and quite a good one at that.

Not only that but she and Emma doesn't really "hate" each other, from what I recall, after Astonishing they were quite in good terms with each other, BUT, they were more like frenemies. My point being, they're both teachers, they both like children, and they're used to each other, and the interactions between the two were always awesome.

Also, it was shown that Emma does care about her, as shown when they couldn't rescue her from the giant alien bullet.

With Mags, I'm not really sure how that ended, but he kind of saved her after all, he had other intentions as well (proving Scott that he had changed, getting accepted, etc.) but he still did so, I guess there's that.

#35 Edited by adamTRMM (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

Yes, thank you for being patronizing

Never tried to! Only discussing.

I don't perfectly recall whether she actually killed anyone, but I think she did. The story arc I'm referring to is called Black Sun, if you'd like I can do a little digging to see if she committed murder.

I always thought of Black Sun as some alternate reality or future like X-men: the End or X-men Forever, I'll read it.

But if by killer you mean someone who is capable of and (in certain situations) is willing to kill, then yes, she's a killer.

Now this is something in her character I'm not really familiar with. I'm not saying she isn't, just doesn't feel in character.

#36 Edited by Squares (4667 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

@squares said:

Yes, thank you for being patronizing

Never tried to! Only discussing.

I don't perfectly recall whether she actually killed anyone, but I think she did. The story arc I'm referring to is called Black Sun, if you'd like I can do a little digging to see if she committed murder.

I always thought of Black Sun as some alternate reality or future like X-men: the End or X-men Forever, I'll read it.

But if by killer you mean someone who is capable of and (in certain situations) is willing to kill, then yes, she's a killer.

Now this is something in her character I'm not really familiar with. I'm not saying she isn't, just doesn't feel in character.

I've seen reference to Black Sun a few times in other comics, so I think it's canon, but yet again I'm not 100% sure. Oh, also, unless you're a big fan of Chris Claremont, don't read X-men: the End or X-men Forever. I wouldn't recommend them at all.

A thing that isn't explored frequently (or maybe she learned to deal with it, I don't know) is that Kitty has anger issues. Not huge ones, mind you, but they really came to a head after her father died in the attack on Genosha. She's generally a somewhat calm person, but from what I've seen of her, when she gets angry she tends to get very worked up.

Oh, I forgot to mention this in my last post, but Kitty and Magneto are pretty friendly with one another. At least they were, last time I checked. See, there was this period in the 80s where Magneto became headmaster of Xavier's academy, and during that time he and Kitty really bonded. In fact, they got along better than I remember her and Xavier getting along, for the most part.

#37 Edited by adamTRMM (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

I've seen reference to Black Sun a few times in other comics, so I think it's canon, but yet again I'm not 100% sure. Oh, also, unless you're a big fan of Chris Claremont, don't read X-men: the End or X-men Forever. I wouldn't recommend them at all.

I read X-men: the End and I was disappointed, maybe that's because I can't stand Cassandra Nova.

but they really came to a head after her father died in the attack on Genosha.

I still don't get how they let something like this to happen, I really don't get what was Morrison's point. And NO writer can handle this genocide, I don't want to compare a fictional genocide to real one, but IN-universe it was bigger then the Holocaust and NOBODY cares! Am I the only one who sees the flaw? It really bothers me.

Oh, I forgot to mention this in my last post, but Kitty and Magneto are pretty friendly with one another. At least they were, last time I checked. See, there was this period in the 80s where Magneto became headmaster of Xavier's academy, and during that time he and Kitty really bonded. In fact, they got along better than I remember her and Xavier getting along, for the most part.

Actually, since Magneto is the one who brought her back, I never saw her EVER refer to this event, never thanked him, never even interacted with him. Which is really stupid, especially after what you mentioned.

#38 Edited by HAWK2916 (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: The point you mentioned about the massacre at genosha is something that ive wondered about for a long time. When i think about it as well as all that happened from House of M up to AVX, I really cant see how anyone can feel Cyclops needs some form of punishment. Imo hes done arguably as much for mutantkind as Xavier himself. Its actually kinda f*@&#% that so many of xmen abandoned him. Especially considering the fact that everytime Jean Grey comes back nobody seems to run off and abandon her especially considering her crimes while possessed by the Phoenix. Or The times Wolverine has gone feral and others have been possessed by whatever.

#39 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

Actually, since Magneto is the one who brought her back, I never saw her EVER refer to this event, never thanked him, never even interacted with him. Which is really stupid, especially after what you mentioned.

yeah, I though that was weird too, especially given their history in the 80's. Just seems sloppy.

#40 Posted by adamTRMM (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916 said:

@adamtrmm: The point you mentioned about the massacre at genosha is something that ive wondered about for a long time. When i think about it as well as all that happened from House of M up to AVX, I really cant see how anyone can feel Cyclops needs some form of punishment. Imo hes done arguably as much for mutantkind as Xavier himself. Its actually kinda f*@&#% that so many of xmen abandoned him. Especially considering the fact that everytime Jean Grey comes back nobody seems to run off and abandon her especially considering her crimes while possessed by the Phoenix. Or The times Wolverine has gone feral and others have been possessed by whatever.

As Stalin said once "a death of one is a tragedy, a death of thousands is a static" if you see what I mean ;) It's more of the path Cyclops took people accuse him, the path that brought him to the murder of Xavier, in which they are literally right BUT people forget what mutants were through and it felt like writers also wanted us to forget =\ Another stupid situation, is why there are only people with questionable morals joined him, feels really unnatural cuz even Magneto in his bad days had very sane supporters and mutants are not zombies and have different opinions. Will wait and see where this all goes. As for AVX, something is wrong with an event, where you hate the "heroes" and you totally support the "villains" of the story lol. The only reason Wolverine gets a free pass to do what he does and stays an acceptable "hero", is his popularity. With his X-Force he was like the Punisher (and we all know how Avengers treat the Punisher, bad bad Punisher), even off the team everybody knows what his claws are for, but he is allowed to do whatever he wants, the only writer actually makes him face the consequences is Remender (I kinda enjoyed when Daken "stabbed" him in the head lol). His character is a mess now, too bad, I liked him once. =(

And if you ask me, everything wrong with E is for Extinction and with House of M. At least, after HOM it felt like they've been through something terrible, unlike Genosha's nonsense.

#41 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

@adamtrmm said:

@cheesesticks said:

Why would she join them ?

#42 Posted by Rickbarry (1743 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

@adamtrmm said:

@cheesesticks said:

She left Scott during Schism because he was putting children in harms way. Scott waged a war against the X-men, Avengers and most anyone else. He killed Xavier, told everyone he'd do it again and is currently a wanted fugitive. She's spent the better part of the past two years slamming the guy, his ideas and mission statement whenever possible. I don't particularly see why she'd leave the school, but then again Bendis did just have President Dazzler assassinated by dragons...so he's perfectly capable of doing something incredibly stupid. You can toss in the fact that she currently wants nothing to do with Magik, Emma and Magneto as well. It doesn't make any sense why she'd bail on Wolverine to join a guy that's willing to do everything she stands against. You can point to all the 80's stories you want. A hell of a lot has happened between then and now.

#43 Posted by Squares (4667 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

@adamtrmm said:

@cheesesticks said:

She left Scott during Schism because he was putting children in harms way. Scott waged a war against the X-men, Avengers and most anyone else. He killed Xavier, told everyone he'd do it again and is currently a wanted fugitive. She's spent the better part of the past two years slamming the guy, his ideas and mission statement whenever possible. I don't particularly see why she'd leave the school, but then again Bendis did just have President Dazzler assassinated by dragons...so he's perfectly capable of doing something incredibly stupid. You can toss in the fact that she currently wants nothing to do with Magik, Emma and Magneto as well. It doesn't make any sense why she'd bail on Wolverine to join a guy that's willing to do everything she stands against. You can point to all the 80's stories you want. A hell of a lot has happened between then and now.

Thank you for the lovely summary of Schism; I have actually read it, though.

#44 Posted by Squares (4667 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

@squares said:

but they really came to a head after her father died in the attack on Genosha.

I still don't get how they let something like this to happen, I really don't get what was Morrison's point. And NO writer can handle this genocide, I don't want to compare a fictional genocide to real one, but IN-universe it was bigger then the Holocaust and NOBODY cares! Am I the only one who sees the flaw? It really bothers me.

Actually, it's funny you should mention that, because it's apparently the reason the X-men refused to get involved in the Civil War.

#45 Edited by adamTRMM (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

And what are you saying? That it's enough to honor them? Actually, when I'm thinking about this, Emma is a Mutant-Holocaust survivor and you know what? I don't want to talk about the real Holocaust or to make a comparison, but the whole nation is still affected by it. Here, I don't even get the feeling I've got from Mutant Massacre, how is this possible? It was more like "-hey they've killed some muties! -again? nah.."

#46 Posted by gor724 (822 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the young Cyclops if anybody stays with Now Cyclops.

#47 Posted by Squares (4667 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

@squares said:

And what are you saying? That it's enough to honor them? Actually, when I'm thinking about this, Emma is a Mutant-Holocaust survivor and you know what? I don't want to talk about the real Holocaust or to make a comparison, but the whole nation is still affected by it. Here, I don't even get the feeling I've got from Mutant Massacre, how is this possible? It was more like "-hey they've killed some muties! -again? nah.."

My point was that it wasn't mentioned enough. Christ, dude...

#48 Posted by HAWK2916 (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that it would be ridiculous dor marvel to go forward with 2 cyclops in the same continuity. The O5 just need to go back. Its really getting stupid.

#49 Posted by adamTRMM (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

It was hard to get your point, when you showed me this one time it was actually mentioned. :)

#50 Posted by Squares (4667 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

@squares said:

It was hard to get your point, when you showed me this one time it was actually mentioned. :)

Good to know.