Should I Continue Reading the X-Men?

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Should I Continue Reading the X-Men? (37 votes)

Yes 35%
No 22%
Wait until Secret Wars is finished 30%
14%

I've been contemplating this for a while and I'm wondering if I should continue reading the X-Men or wait until Secret Wars is finished and decide from there.

I'm also not very far in, so it would be easier for me to start with a full reboot than those who are more up to date, in case SW ends up rebooting everything.

• 
Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regardless of what secret wars does or doesnt do you should keep reading the X-Men for the 50+ years of adventures anyway. Reboot or not if you haven't read most of the stuff I recommend it as one of the more worthy comic franchises in existence.

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to finish collecting uncanny and possibly all new after black vortex concludes. Then wait until after Secret Wars to see what comes out, and who the new writers are. I refuse to be a part of the secret wars event. Since it sets a bad precedent in my opinion. I really hate the idea of these big events. Events that revolve around the x-men are tolerable. The moment they start involving the other superheroes, it's time to abandon ship.

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jbreen

@epyon007: I'm in exactly the same frame of mind. I will not be picking up anything from Secret Wars as I am not a fan of of the event culture that Marvel is so into.

I will be waiting till after Secret Wars to see what X-Men titles will be coming out and who will be writing them.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I would probably wait until Secret Wars is over with so I could see who is writing the stories next and whether or not they would be alright with me. In the meantime, I'll just stick to the classic stories for now.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EC2277

I can't say if it is better for you continue to read the x-titles or not, but I can say what I do: I have dropped all the x-titles (except Magneto), I will keep an eye on Secret Wars and if the Marvel universe after Secret Wars will seems interesting, I might restart to collect the x-book.

P.S. What is the fourth option of the pool? I don't read nothing.

P.P.S. I'm thinking if it is it is worth start to collect Elektra, Punisher and Black Widow.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

I can't say if it is better for you continue to read the x-titles or not, but I can say what I do: I have dropped all the x-titles (except Magneto), I will keep an eye on Secret Wars and if the Marvel universe after Secret Wars will seems interesting, I might restart to collect the x-book.

P.S. What is the fourth option of the pool? I don't read nothing.

P.P.S. I'm thinking if it is it is worth start to collect Elektra, Punisher and Black Widow.

The fourth option was a mistake, but for some reason I couldn't edit the initial post, so I just kept it there. I guess it could be "other" and I only voted it to see what other people voted for.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EC2277

@takeshi55: Then "other" or rather "if you dislike the x-titles so much, drop them keeping an eye on Secret Wars and then choice if start again to read or not".

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i might just get the secret wars book and not the other nonsense books like x-men92 or infero or AoA

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EC2277

@hopesummersforthefuture: LOL!

Inferno, X-Men '92 and Age of Apocalypse are the only books that have given me a minimum of interest.

X-Men '92 because I love the X-Men of Nicieza and Lobdell, Age of Apocalypse because I love Nicieza and Inferno because I love Madelyne and Illyana. But I don't think I will read them. Maybe if Claremont was the writer of Inferno and Nicieza was the writer of X-Men '92, I would have been able to buy them, but they aren't the writers of those books and so…

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277: when will secret wars be over?????

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EC2277
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277: cant wait till everything ends in april and may :)

Also uncanny x-men 600, bendis said there will be magik/colossus/kitty interactions

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By HAWK2916

If that's true and Secret Wars will take us to the end of the year.... then this will most likely be a bad year

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait what? This isn't ending till decemeber?

It's like the Marvel heads sat around and said: "We wanna take advantage of the promotion from Age of Ultron but people are tired of our large overly long Events." "I've got it! We'll make an Event so long that by the time it's over it'll be retro and people will love our Events again because their classic" "He's right there's no way that can go wrong!"

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Eh, current X-Men books are not worth $4 a pop(except Magneto). I'd just wait and see what post-Secret Wars has to offer, and then decide if it's worth diving into. I think I'm going to start trade waiting Marvel stuff from now on.

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was under the impression that Secret Wars was ending in September. If it doesn't end until December, I should probably switch over to DC. Already have for my Harley fix.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not into DC, especially since the stupid, funny, racist, early days aren't canon anymore.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: I think in November or December Marvel will ship the last issue.

but secret wars 3 and 4 come out in june, is it two a month or one or both. also its more likely to end in october

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I remember an article which said that Secret Wars will went on 6 month. But maybe I don't remember well.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: I remember an article which said that Secret Wars will went on 6 month. But maybe I don't remember well.

its starts in may, then ends in october, will be 6 months. i dont think ppl have the patience to wait that long, i dont want another AvX that drags out

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shouldn't you know if you wanna continue reading something or not? If you're enjoying it keep reading if not, don't.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: In May?
I understood that the Marvel Universe will end in May and Secret Wars will start in June; I misunderstood.

Better.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shouldn't you know if you wanna continue reading something or not? If you're enjoying it keep reading if not, don't.

lol

@ec2277 said:

I understood that the Marvel Universe will end in May and Secret Wars will start in June; I misunderstood.

Better.

in marvel solicitations 2015 may, its secret wars 1 and 2

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

Better.

You mean the Ultimate Universe?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

Better.

i think marvel said the two universes will collide and cause a new universe where some heros will live and some will die

Xrated48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hopefully after secret wars, x men become worth reading again

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By EC2277

@takeshi55 said:

@ec2277 said:

Better.

No, but I didn't remember well when Secret Wars will start.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xrated48 said:

Hopefully after secret wars, x men become worth reading again

agreed but i think when secret wars is over scott and hank should have a trial

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Only reading Magneto and Cyclops now.

Lost interest with pretty much everything else.

No longer following anything from DC either. Smallest pull-list I've had in years.

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you enjoy it, continue reading it.

There will always be proponents and detractors of any title. What matters is if you feel you are getting entertainment value for your money and if the books is putting a smile on your face.

Even if they are shunted or rebooted, you can say you have the whole run of..."fill in the blank".