Seriously can't handle all these writer changes

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

X-men's Marvel Now! started off epic-- IMO!

But now--

XX-men got a new writer

Wolverine and the X-men got a new writer and is being cancelled for Spider-man and he X-men.

Astonishing got cancelled-- then became Amazing X-men with a new writer-- then got another new writer....

X-forces got merged together and with a new writer.

Anyone else getting sick of the major inconsistencies between writers and the stories, each books feel. It's almost like all the X-books besides Bendis' started over from scratch....

I am mostly pissed about the rushed ending in XX-men!! I was looking forward to seeing Selene, Maddie, Mary, and Deathstrike! Now we've got to deal with random space mission and a pregnant Deathbird-- because all this title needs is ANOTHER mother in it....

Btw-- I love Yost! He is he only new/vet X-writer, I always look forward to.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@poisonfleur: my only prob is that guggenheim is leaving after one arc.... he started off great

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis is here to stay though, so don't worry.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yeah. Marvel Now has not been the best era for the xmen. The unimaginative stories on top of the inconsistencies coupled with a writer who seems hellbent on drastically changing everything and putting his so-called stamp on it instead of just plain old good storytelling, has been a problem. At least for me.The constant reliance on all these half ass events is sickening as well

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I just threw up a little.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi said:

@avenger85 said:

I think I just threw up a little.

Yup, Kitty-Colossus is ancient history now.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tell me about it. Totally sick of this whole new writers. My fears is that the new writers usually do a lot of retcon. I know this by Fraction.

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Selina_Sublime

It seems like only Spurrier and Bendis have any legitimate long-term plans for their characters and every writer seems to not really curb their own writing tics to give each character (especially shared characters) their already distinctive voice.

The books *are* really inconsistent and while I don't love Bendis, I think the books would flow more easily under a single writer than several writers trying to etch their name in stone.

I'd personally reduce it down to 2 X-Men titles at the most, X-Force, and Uncanny/Astonishing/All-New/X-Force Avengers off in its Avenger-y corner.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@selina_sublime: I've been saying forever that we need to reduce the number of titles. All the books go in all these different directions and its just become quantity over quality. More is not always better

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By adamTRMM

X-forces were abominable. Wood has disappointed (which was really unexpected). Bendis is Bendis. WAXM...... the less said the better. Astonishing had a very good Iceman arc and that's about it. Marvel NOW! was the crappiest relaunch one could have ever imagined.

Wait a second, it had X-men Legacy! Yeah, again the only worthy title that no one even remembers and barely bought. We X-fans get what we deserve I guess haha